Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh, Kimmy....I also meant to say I think at 2, she would love Disney. Kids recognize those characters at an incredibly young age. And, she'd probably love the whole princess makeover and all that.....Tinkerbell flying overhead.....all of it.

I think it's expensive; but I just LOVE Disney. I want to take Andre there one day just for the experience.

I think Disney would be great. I remember going when I was 5 years old.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

hahahaaa :yes::lol: ...HUH !

A little birdy told me this Shawn person might be Dorethas. Any old timers remember her?

:no: I don't think so...she was one of the most positive people on the orginial threads.

Ah...........but a woman scorned....................

hey JomoGirl....Not sure who your likkle birdy is....but I can tell you 100% it is NOT Dee!!!! Someone on here is stirring the pot.

It amazes me that noone listens to what I say .....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I was checkin out ur timeline about the due date..remember that Preggo is 40 wks and they calculate 2wks prior to ur 1st missed period..If u know when u got preggo then u have a really good estimate of due date..although that means nothing. I knew exactly when I got preggo and my daughter was 5 wks early and that 5wks cause they had me in the hospital for 3days trying to get me to 35 wks :)

Oh, Kimmy....I also meant to say I think at 2, she would love Disney. Kids recognize those characters at an incredibly young age. And, she'd probably love the whole princess makeover and all that.....Tinkerbell flying overhead.....all of it.

I think it's expensive; but I just LOVE Disney. I want to take Andre there one day just for the experience.

I think Disney would be great. I remember going when I was 5 years old.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
ooh i cant wait to get me a limeade box drink!!

JALOVE,

I like the Cherry Limeade Box Drink. You know how they freeze it at the "Shop". So by the time you get home it's melting ...lol. So good.

at the big tastee patty place we dig thru the ice box to get the frozen ones!!! i have not tried the cherry limeade ill be on search mission for that. Im have to top up my digicel fon before i leave so i can text u all lol on my journey!!!! im a mad texter i rather text

Yeah Chica...I know. I'll be still trying to answer your first and I get a second! Caan keep up wid you! Do you have a sidekick or sumting...how yuh text so quick???

(L),

Gill

no i just use the T9 feature it guesses ur words

That t9 thing drives me crazy...cause I'm always like no that's NOT the word I wanted...and please don't even get ME started with cell phones! Ken lost the Megaphone and the digicel phone he had start acting up last week. So he can hear me but I can't hear him except when he knocks it against stuff. So at one point we were doing 1 knock for 'Yes' and two knocks for 'No'. Then people started telling him fi stop lick up him phone suh...or 'im a guh broke it :wacko: ...Ahhh it's already broken folks!! Anyway, I sent him a next phone in a care package I mailed out last week! Let's see if he gets it! :unsure:

Gill

Whoaaaa!!..We were having the same problem also..he could hear I couldn't hear him :)..this is a brand new phone I sent for him..and all of a sudden it doens't work..it's something in the JA air ...it's gotta be..he start to push a needle into to speaker..and guess what happened..the speaker blew...hehheee...I love this stuff..I told him he needs a cheap cheap phone and nuttin expensive wah him a go mash up...kiss teet !

I quitely took myself to Target last week and bought him a pre-paid phone that was $50 on sale for $19. I was so mad I went to the Digicel website and the cheapest phone they had was something like $4,295JA.($63). Target had the SAME DYAM phone..same model # and everything for $14.95!!!! WTH???? I mean yes mek a profit...but dem really need fi KILL deh people suh?? :angry: Plus, if yuh ever see the foo foo phone...surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrps <kiss teet>!

Chat bout rip-off YARD!!!

Gill

It's a shame they mark up stuff so, we paid twice as much for the phone we purchased in JA for hubby's daughter. Not only phones, everything, Human braiding hair was very expensive! We saw a microwave that might have cost$ 40 maybe 50$ here, there it was over 100$ :blink: Some cheap brand name I'd never heard of before. We have replaced two cells phones and, he dosen't even know where he lost his blue tooth :wacko: In JA he was always dropping his phone in the water..glad dats over! ..I have to say tho, hubby's very neat and never leaves anything lying around the house and is actually always on me ot the kids to pick tings up off the floor. :luv:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

JALOVE weh u did deh..long time..u a keep scarce ?

i been here i just been gathering last minute papers and tryin get things together we finally got all the police reports and everything we need one concern he open the UK police reports will that be an issue i hope not

Good luck on your interview :thumbs: ...... Also Have you heard Chrisette Michele's "Golden"? You were asking about wedding songs the other day. She's young but her sound is rather mature, this is a beautiful song, If we ever renew our vows I'm going to use this one for sure!

Timeline
no plans here...I still have 3.5 long hours to get through. You have plans?

Not really. I work 2 jobs so there isn't much room for plans. Working on Christmas presents tonight again. Andre works overnight tonight and tomorrow night. I work tomorrow afternoon and Sunday morning. Might go see that new The Rock movie on Sunday afternoon. Looks pretty funny.

I just saw that movie....very cute...even had to wipe a tear or 2 :crying: Tyler Perry's new movie "why did I get married" - or something like that....is out and looks really good. :thumbs:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Wow what a day y'all had in the yardie thread :lol:

I don't think Shawn is Dorethas...not a chance. Look here though...Shawn was a member from '05 so it is a long time person...

Not Dee though...I don't think it could be her!

Jamie, is that you? Why you change your screen name woman?!! Confuse everyone!

BTW, they're not talking about Dee (aka: brownskinn, aka: dee&dave. They're talking about Dorethea from a looooong time ago. I don't think it's her either.

No tis not I :no:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not really. I work 2 jobs so there isn't much room for plans. Working on Christmas presents tonight again. Andre works overnight tonight and tomorrow night. I work tomorrow afternoon and Sunday morning. Might go see that new The Rock movie on Sunday afternoon. Looks pretty funny.

I just saw that movie....very cute...even had to wipe a tear or 2 :crying: Tyler Perry's new movie "why did I get married" - or something like that....is out and looks really good. :thumbs:

I thought "Why Did I get married" would be out next week :blink: I plan on going the week of the 19th, after hubby is finally here.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:ot: I had to share this. I got this email from a co-worker and I found it so hilarious:

9 WORDS WOMEN USE

1. Fine : This is the word women use to end an argument when they are

right and you need to shut up.

2. Five Minutes : If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour.

Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five

more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

3. Nothing : This is the calm before the storm. This means something,

and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing

usually end in fine.

4. Go Ahead : This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

5. Loud Sigh : This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement

often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an

idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing

with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)

6. That's Okay : This is one of the most dangerous statements a woma n

can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard

before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

7. Thanks : A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just

say you're welcome.

8 . Whatever : Is a woma n's way of saying F@!K YOU!

9. Don't worry about it, I got it : Another dangerous statement,

meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times,

but is now doing it herself.. This will later result in a man asking

"What's wrong?" For the woman's response refer to #3.

:ot2:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We're going to party tomorrow night. I can't wait to see "Why did I get married"...looks like a great movie.

Timeline

Hey Yardiewife, what's up with not responding to my email? :hehe:

What?!? :o When?! You know I wouldn't do that on purpose :no:

We're going to party tomorrow night. I can't wait to see "Why did I get married"...looks like a great movie.

Somehow I can't even heard of this movie...we love us some Tyler Perry though. I will have to check it out!

Timeline
JALOVE weh u did deh..long time..u a keep scarce ?

i been here i just been gathering last minute papers and tryin get things together we finally got all the police reports and everything we need one concern he open the UK police reports will that be an issue i hope not

Good luck on your interview :thumbs: ...... Also Have you heard Chrisette Michele's "Golden"? You were asking about wedding songs the other day. She's young but her sound is rather mature, this is a beautiful song, If we ever renew our vows I'm going to use this one for sure!

thank you thank you :dance: im goin to check that song out when i get home

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
:(

Why the sad face? *hug*

Everyones fightin on here makes me kinda sad

I certainly agree with ya! That's why we need to make it upbeat and lighten the mood! :dance:

Hey Sarah and Marlon! Congratulations on the upcoming marriage! We are looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing about the wedding.

Tania and I have been absent from VJ for some time. She's taking three English classes and looking for work, I'm busy helping her where I can and busy with my own classes.

Rob and Tania

Join a free international relationship forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RussianBrideList (http://tinyurl.com/yagk6wu)

The RBL is a forum of 1,400+ members(married, searching and single) in active discussions about emigration/immigration concerns

and visas, East-West Relations, EE history. Current topics include immigration issues, learning the language, children in American

schools, deals on apartments and airfare when visiting the former Soviet Union(especially Ukraine and Russia), and more!

100% free from support by commercial interests.

2007-01-19 I-129F Sent to Nebraska to sponsor fiancee in Kiev

2007-01-26 NOA1

2007-05-10 NOA2 Approved

2007-05-18 NVC receives application

2007-07-03 Interview went off without a snag! K-1 visa APPROVED

2007-07-10 International passport with K-1 visa received from courier

2007-07-17 Entered U.S. at JFK

2007-09-07 MARRIED!

2007-10-06 NOA1 for AOS and EAD, 12-10 EAD Card ordered per USCIS site, and THREE CRIS emails

2008-03-26 Effortless and pleasant AOS I-485 interview in Detroit APPROVED!

2009-09-18 Tania's first visit home, eager to get back to the U.S. due to poor living conditions in Ukraine

2010-01-25 Mailed I-751 for "Lifting of Conditions" AKA 10 year green card

2010-02-08 Biometrics appointment NOA, 02-15 Biometrics appointment, simple and quick

Timeline
I have a friend that did that...she came to have her baby..and comes when baby is sick or something like that

:ot: I saw this in Jamaica Observer's All Woman:

My Little Jamerican bundle of joy.

I know a couple ppl as well but wasn't they trying to stop this. I could have swore I read an article about that. I know here in Chicago it's not as easy as it used to be.

I never knew this was a thing that Jamaicans were able to do. How are they getting these visitors visas so easily in their third trimester? I would think that the Embassy would red flag that and not grant one to the pregnant woman.

This is no new concept though. I live in Los Angeles, with a Mexican border about 2 hours away. You dont know how many women I see preganant here. At first I was like "what the heck is going on!" These women are always pregnant, or get pregnant really fast. But with programs like WIC and Planned Parenthood why the heck wouldnt they?! It actually makes me so mad!! Whether Jamaican or Mexican its just not fair for those who are citizens in the US and without medical insurance. I have no medical insurance cause I cant afford it even though I work a 40hour a week job. I do contract work so I am not under my employers medical plan, I would have to buy it on my own, but its CRAZY expensive! So I look to services like PlannedP. But oh no! You have to be pregnant already, or under a certain age to get that taxpayers service. And they also say at PlannedP that you dont have to be a "LEGAL" resident to get these services. what!? So basically if you come here illegally from another country and get pregnant you can then stay here in the US and get free medical, and nutrition for you and your baby! So I pay taxes up the ying yang and cant use this taxpayers service but illegals can? Make my blood boil now when I see these women. But I really cant be mad at them cause they are just trying to do something better for their family. I just think the US government needs to either fix this loop hole that illegals are getting here on, or make it easier for those of us filing the LEGAL way to get our families here.

Oh Lord and don't get me started on immigration rallies....where people are burning flags and getting all mad cause the US wants to deport them for being illegal.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.