Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot:

It's Friday All..I'm sooooo happy..lonngggg drawnnn outttt weekkkk !

I am thinking about vacation next yr...I wanna go to Disney just to let my baby experience it...BUT she will still only be 2yrs old...Is that too young for her..would it make sense to take her..or just hop on a plane to JA..mi nah pay fi hotel nuttin..cause I was thinkin going to JA is going to cost too much..but if we limit our stay and visits :) then maybe we can doing

What u'll think

Disney is pretty expensive. I don't know if you are talking Florida or California. The whole reason we ended up in Jamaica the very first time was cause it was cheaper then Florida.

I'm itching to go somewhere. We did a short trip to D.C. in June; but it's not enough for me. And, Jamaica is out right now cause we would have to do a hotel. My MIL does not have water or electric at the moment and I refuse to stay there without at least water. So, maybe next year.

I'm with you on the week thing. This has got to be the longest week in a long time.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i KNOW girl..I was checking out the prices (Florida) and man.. :whistle: sooo we'll see..i have to do something..I got into My schools Masters program and start December SO, I know I'm gonna need one...

:ot:

It's Friday All..I'm sooooo happy..lonngggg drawnnn outttt weekkkk !

I am thinking about vacation next yr...I wanna go to Disney just to let my baby experience it...BUT she will still only be 2yrs old...Is that too young for her..would it make sense to take her..or just hop on a plane to JA..mi nah pay fi hotel nuttin..cause I was thinkin going to JA is going to cost too much..but if we limit our stay and visits :) then maybe we can doing

What u'll think

Disney is pretty expensive. I don't know if you are talking Florida or California. The whole reason we ended up in Jamaica the very first time was cause it was cheaper then Florida.

I'm itching to go somewhere. We did a short trip to D.C. in June; but it's not enough for me. And, Jamaica is out right now cause we would have to do a hotel. My MIL does not have water or electric at the moment and I refuse to stay there without at least water. So, maybe next year.

I'm with you on the week thing. This has got to be the longest week in a long time.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hMM...so mi friend lie to mi... :ranting:

I love T9 text predict :)

U need a GSM phone to receive txt from JA..

I have CDMA and i text back and forth with digicel doesnt matter what kind of technology as long as there is routing in place between both carriers and agreement and peering partner like verisign or sybase etc...most companies use a peering partner for intercarrier text

yup :( i be curious abt stuff lol so i be sittin here testing it out i can send pics thru my email to the digicel numbers to they have to be small though adr is 1876xxxxxxx@mmc.digiceljamaica.com and they can send to email too

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

Oh, Kimmy....I also meant to say I think at 2, she would love Disney. Kids recognize those characters at an incredibly young age. And, she'd probably love the whole princess makeover and all that.....Tinkerbell flying overhead.....all of it.

I think it's expensive; but I just LOVE Disney. I want to take Andre there one day just for the experience.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I love Disney as well...A friend was saying should wait til about 4 cause then she will have memories of it and that stuff...that's why..

It's OK girl...IT IS FRIDAY :yes::)

Oh, Kimmy....I also meant to say I think at 2, she would love Disney. Kids recognize those characters at an incredibly young age. And, she'd probably love the whole princess makeover and all that.....Tinkerbell flying overhead.....all of it.

I think it's expensive; but I just LOVE Disney. I want to take Andre there one day just for the experience.

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
A little birdy told me this Shawn person might be Dorethas. Any old timers remember her?

:no: I don't think so...she was one of the most positive people on the orginial threads.

Ah...........but a woman scorned....................

hey JomoGirl....Not sure who your likkle birdy is....but I can tell you 100% it is NOT Dee!!!! Someone on here is stirring the pot.

Timeline
It must be a Jamaican MAN thing cause it doesn't even stop when they get here.

:wacko: AWWWWWW MANNNNN, It continues here in the states?????? Time to start buying cheapo phones as backups!!!

Oh, just you wait. If he is anything like my husband he will lose his phone constantly. Of course, it is always on either silent or vibrate, so you can't just call it to find it. He will forget his wallet too. He'll lose the car keys. And, you will come home to all the lights on, the doors of all your cabinets open, the back door open with the a/c running, the tv on while the radio is blasting, and every single pot and pan you own dirty in the sink cause he cooked you dinner!

Kelly you have me and Craig rollin over here !!! cause it is SOOOOOOOO like him too!!!!! He lost his wallet 2 weeks ago, no clue where he left it. His phone is ALWAYS lost in the house. A couple of months ago, it was lost for about 5 days....had it on silence, then the battery died...it was in between blankets in the bedroom !!! ??

Drives me crazy madness with cabinet doors, drawers open and closet doors open!!!! I have so many bruises from him leaving his flippin drawers of the dresser open and I come around the corner........WHAM !!! I'm like....Crraaaaaaig !!!! How about water running and goes to watch TV ???!!! Radio on and he's NOWHERE to be found !!!

Hangers left on the bed & floor, instead of just taking the shirt OFF of the hanger, he takes the entire hanger and shirt out of the closet and hanger drops to wherever he's heading to.

Charger, how many times he's "misplaced" his cell phone charger !!

He told me 2 days ago, he's starting to get "lazy" because he's leaving shoes everywhere, hangers everywhere, cabinets open etc etc !!!!

like when i cam to visit and he took mine and thought it was his :lol::lol::lol:

mike is good about the phone he has that thing glued to his hand...but the key and wallet can be anywhere...and the pots in the sink....CONSTANT battle....the best part is when he puts a dish or cup in the dishwasher even thought that maybe the only thing dirty he runs the dishwasher....he must run that thing 3 times a day :blink:

Timeline
I have a friend that did that...she came to have her baby..and comes when baby is sick or something like that

:ot: I saw this in Jamaica Observer's All Woman:

My Little Jamerican bundle of joy.

I know a couple ppl as well but wasn't they trying to stop this. I could have swore I read an article about that. I know here in Chicago it's not as easy as it used to be.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
I have a friend that did that...she came to have her baby..and comes when baby is sick or something like that

I know a couple ppl as well but wasn't they trying to stop this. I could have swore I read an article about that. I know here in Chicago it's not as easy as it used to be.

Yeah I know some people that have done this as well. The parents already had visitor visas from years earlier. That is the way to go...not so suspicious.

Timeline

Yah, I think that is what I pretty much got out of this part....While it is not illegal for a legally documented woman to go to the US to give birth, the Citizenship Reform Act of 2005, if passed, would amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to limit automatic citizenship to apply only to a child born in the United States who: (1) was born in wedlock to a parent either of whom is a US citizen or national, or is an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence who maintains such residence; or (2) was born out of wedlock to a mother who is a US citizen or national, or is an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence who maintains such residence.

Tell me something about this....who pay the bills for the birth?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Yah, I think that is what I pretty much got out of this part....While it is not illegal for a legally documented woman to go to the US to give birth, the Citizenship Reform Act of 2005, if passed, would amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to limit automatic citizenship to apply only to a child born in the United States who: (1) was born in wedlock to a parent either of whom is a US citizen or national, or is an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence who maintains such residence; or (2) was born out of wedlock to a mother who is a US citizen or national, or is an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence who maintains such residence.

I have always wondered that as well. I know the parents couldn't have afforded those thousands of dollars. I am guessing they pay some and taxpayers pay the rest.

Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline

I have always wondered that as well. I know the parents couldn't have afforded those thousands of dollars. I am guessing they pay some and taxpayers pay the rest.

If they are paying the bills, or at least someone is for them, I have no problems with this. If they are skipping out on them, I do.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Some qualify for Medicaid and others get stuck with a huge bill...i know my friend got a bill but not for the whole thing just a portion..

If they are paying the bills, or at least someone is for them, I have no problems with this. If they are skipping out on them, I do.

Timeline
Some qualify for Medicaid and others get stuck with a huge bill...i know my friend got a bill but not for the whole thing just a portion..

Some things I am just satisfied to say I will never ever understand.

Anybody got any good weekend plans? I have one more long hour here and I need somebody to distract me from looking at the clock.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.