Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Every morning when he leaves for work I have to ask him "you have your keys, wallet and phone"...he always replies "of course" walks out the door and two seconds later returns for one, two or all three of the items :lol:

:lol: This is our morning routine. I'm usually standing at the door with one of items.....MEN.

I cannot tell you how many times Damien used the ATM machine then walked away without the card :wacko:

My daily evening routine includes finding his keys, his name tag, his hat, his belt, his manager key card thingee, and his wallet and putting them all in the middle of the kitchen table. If I don't , he bangs around the house until he finds them or wakes me up....whichever comes first.

Genetic is a great word to describe it....It must be attached to that Y chromosome!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
It must be a Jamaican MAN thing cause it doesn't even stop when they get here.

:wacko: AWWWWWW MANNNNN, It continues here in the states?????? Time to start buying cheapo phones as backups!!!

Oh, just you wait. If he is anything like my husband he will lose his phone constantly. Of course, it is always on either silent or vibrate, so you can't just call it to find it. He will forget his wallet too. He'll lose the car keys. And, you will come home to all the lights on, the doors of all your cabinets open, the back door open with the a/c running, the tv on while the radio is blasting, and every single pot and pan you own dirty in the sink cause he cooked you dinner!

Kelly you have me and Craig rollin over here !!! cause it is SOOOOOOOO like him too!!!!! He lost his wallet 2 weeks ago, no clue where he left it. His phone is ALWAYS lost in the house. A couple of months ago, it was lost for about 5 days....had it on silence, then the battery died...it was in between blankets in the bedroom !!! ??

Drives me crazy madness with cabinet doors, drawers open and closet doors open!!!! I have so many bruises from him leaving his flippin drawers of the dresser open and I come around the corner........WHAM !!! I'm like....Crraaaaaaig !!!! How about water running and goes to watch TV ???!!! Radio on and he's NOWHERE to be found !!!

Hangers left on the bed & floor, instead of just taking the shirt OFF of the hanger, he takes the entire hanger and shirt out of the closet and hanger drops to wherever he's heading to.

Charger, how many times he's "misplaced" his cell phone charger !!

He told me 2 days ago, he's starting to get "lazy" because he's leaving shoes everywhere, hangers everywhere, cabinets open etc etc !!!!

Timeline
Every morning when he leaves for work I have to ask him "you have your keys, wallet and phone"...he always replies "of course" walks out the door and two seconds later returns for one, two or all three of the items :lol:

:lol: This is our morning routine. I'm usually standing at the door with one of items.....MEN.

I cannot tell you how many times Damien used the ATM machine then walked away without the card :wacko:

Anytime routine leaving the house.....have your key, wallet, phone or whatever else we may need on the outing!!!

Just like with my son EVERY morning.....do you have your soccer shoes, shinguards, shirt, shorts, heel pads !!! Did you brush your teeth, put on deodorant, eat breakfast !!! My son has ADD and I'm sooooooooooo sure that Craig does too !!!!

I've lost count the maaaaany times that Craig has packed his lunch, we're in the car or already up the road.......and I ask, do you have your lunch ?? Oh sh*t.... turn around come back !!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ooh i cant wait to get me a limeade box drink!!

JALOVE,

I like the Cherry Limeade Box Drink. You know how they freeze it at the "Shop". So by the time you get home it's melting ...lol. So good.

at the big tastee patty place we dig thru the ice box to get the frozen ones!!! i have not tried the cherry limeade ill be on search mission for that. Im have to top up my digicel fon before i leave so i can text u all lol on my journey!!!! im a mad texter i rather text

Yeah Chica...I know. I'll be still trying to answer your first and I get a second! Caan keep up wid you! Do you have a sidekick or sumting...how yuh text so quick???

(L),

Gill

no i just use the T9 feature it guesses ur words

That t9 thing drives me crazy...cause I'm always like no that's NOT the word I wanted...and please don't even get ME started with cell phones! Ken lost the Megaphone and the digicel phone he had start acting up last week. So he can hear me but I can't hear him except when he knocks it against stuff. So at one point we were doing 1 knock for 'Yes' and two knocks for 'No'. Then people started telling him fi stop lick up him phone suh...or 'im a guh broke it :wacko: ...Ahhh it's already broken folks!! Anyway, I sent him a next phone in a care package I mailed out last week! Let's see if he gets it! :unsure:

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hangers left on the bed & floor, instead of just taking the shirt OFF of the hanger, he takes the entire hanger and shirt out of the closet and hanger drops to wherever he's heading to.

This drives me :wacko::angry: I feel like :bonk:

Damien is a neat freak so I will never understand why he can't put the hanger back in the closet....

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It must be a Jamaican MAN thing cause it doesn't even stop when they get here.

:wacko: AWWWWWW MANNNNN, It continues here in the states?????? Time to start buying cheapo phones as backups!!!

Oh, just you wait. If he is anything like my husband he will lose his phone constantly. Of course, it is always on either silent or vibrate, so you can't just call it to find it. He will forget his wallet too. He'll lose the car keys. And, you will come home to all the lights on, the doors of all your cabinets open, the back door open with the a/c running, the tv on while the radio is blasting, and every single pot and pan you own dirty in the sink cause he cooked you dinner!

Kelly you have me and Craig rollin over here !!! cause it is SOOOOOOOO like him too!!!!! He lost his wallet 2 weeks ago, no clue where he left it. His phone is ALWAYS lost in the house. A couple of months ago, it was lost for about 5 days....had it on silence, then the battery died...it was in between blankets in the bedroom !!! ??

Drives me crazy madness with cabinet doors, drawers open and closet doors open!!!! I have so many bruises from him leaving his flippin drawers of the dresser open and I come around the corner........WHAM !!! I'm like....Crraaaaaaig !!!! How about water running and goes to watch TV ???!!! Radio on and he's NOWHERE to be found !!!

Charger, how many times he's "misplaced" his cell phone charger !!

He told me 2 days ago, he's starting to get "lazy" because he's leaving shoes everywhere, hangers everywhere, cabinets open etc etc !!!!

Amen to all of the above.

We do not have issues with the phone charger, though. I bought these ceremic cradle things that you sit the phone in when it charges. Thus, we always know where that is.

I told you what I do about the wardrobe related issues....I put up with it for a while (legnth of time depends on my mood!). Then, I just open his closet door, chuck everything in on the floor, and shut the door. WHAM! My house is clean again.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I love T9 text predict :)

U need a GSM phone to receive txt from JA..

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

JALOVE,

I like the Cherry Limeade Box Drink. You know how they freeze it at the "Shop". So by the time you get home it's melting ...lol. So good.

at the big tastee patty place we dig thru the ice box to get the frozen ones!!! i have not tried the cherry limeade ill be on search mission for that. Im have to top up my digicel fon before i leave so i can text u all lol on my journey!!!! im a mad texter i rather text

Yeah Chica...I know. I'll be still trying to answer your first and I get a second! Caan keep up wid you! Do you have a sidekick or sumting...how yuh text so quick???

(L),

Gill

That t9 thing drives me crazy...cause I'm always like no that's NOT the word I wanted...and please don't even get ME started with cell phones! Ken lost the Megaphone and the digicel phone he had start acting up last week. So he can hear me but I can't hear him except when he knocks it against stuff. So at one point we were doing 1 knock for 'Yes' and two knocks for 'No'. Then people started telling him fi stop lick up him phone suh...or 'im a guh broke it :wacko: ...Ahhh it's already broken folks!! Anyway, I sent him a next phone in a care package I mailed out last week! Let's see if he gets it! :unsure:

Gill

Whoaaaa!!..We were having the same problem also..he could hear I couldn't hear him :)..this is a brand new phone I sent for him..and all of a sudden it doens't work..it's something in the JA air ...it's gotta be..he start to push a needle into to speaker..and guess what happened..the speaker blew...hehheee...I love this stuff..I told him he needs a cheap cheap phone and nuttin expensive wah him a go mash up...kiss teet !

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

You really should not..roaming is going to kill u..expensive

JALOVE,

I can never get a text to go through from my digicel phone back to the States when I'm there. What am I doing wrong? My sweetie also cannot text me, but he can text his sister with no problem. I have VZW...we have tried everything, and it will say that it was sent on his phone, but I NEVER get it.

It is soooooo frustrating.

I have had texting issues too. Some people in JA can text me; most cannot. I have (cingular)AT&T. I even have issues with Canada. If someone texts me from Canada, I can answer back with a text. But, I cannot just send a text to them. It's the wierdest thing.

cable and wireless and digicel can send/rcv with US numbers but Miphone can only receive from US numbers and you cant roam here with their prepaid digicel u can but oh boy its expensive its not worth it speakin of that! did your SOs keep their digicel number and top them up from the US or just toss it and get a US cell fon

SO just got a new cell phone. Well, I added a line to my plan, so now we SHARE minutes. He still haves Digicel phone..but just uses it for phone numbers. Can the Digicel be used here in the US? What does top them up mean?

Timeline

JALOVE,

(L),

Gill

Gill

Whoaaaa!!..We were having the same problem also..he could hear I couldn't hear him :)..this is a brand new phone I sent for him..and all of a sudden it doens't work..it's something in the JA air ...it's gotta be..he start to push a needle into to speaker..and guess what happened..the speaker blew...hehheee...I love this stuff..I told him he needs a cheap cheap phone and nuttin expensive wah him a go mash up...kiss teet !

someone told me it had to do with the current in JA. When they charge the phones it mashes up the battery or the functions??? 800 vs 900 mh?? sound familiar anyone?? I am not all that technical but kevin tried to tell me that NOW, the power has been changed at his job so it won't mash up stuff anymore....My response...good so then when YOU buy another phone...it won't get broken!!! LOL

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

JALOVE,

(L),

Gill

Gill

I quitely took myself to Target last week and bought him a pre-paid phone that was $50 on sale for $19. I was so mad I went to the Digicel website and the cheapest phone they had was something like $4,295JA.($63). Target had the SAME DYAM phone..same model # and everything for $14.95!!!! WTH???? I mean yes mek a profit...but dem really need fi KILL deh people suh?? :angry: Plus, if yuh ever see the foo foo phone...surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrps <kiss teet>!

Chat bout rip-off YARD!!!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

JALOVE,

(L),

Gill

Gill

someone told me it had to do with the current in JA. When they charge the phones it mashes up the battery or the functions??? 800 vs 900 mh?? sound familiar anyone?? I am not all that technical but kevin tried to tell me that NOW, the power has been changed at his job so it won't mash up stuff anymore....My response...good so then when YOU buy another phone...it won't get broken!!!

:lol::lol::yes: ...DYAM RIGHT!!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

:ot:

It's Friday All..I'm sooooo happy..lonngggg drawnnn outttt weekkkk !

I am thinking about vacation next yr...I wanna go to Disney just to let my baby experience it...BUT she will still only be 2yrs old...Is that too young for her..would it make sense to take her..or just hop on a plane to JA..mi nah pay fi hotel nuttin..cause I was thinkin going to JA is going to cost too much..but if we limit our stay and visits :) then maybe we can doing

What u'll think

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have CDMA and i text back and forth with digicel doesnt matter what kind of technology as long as there is routing in place between both carriers and agreement and peering partner like verisign or sybase etc...most companies use a peering partner for intercarrier text

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

hMM...so mi friend lie to mi... :ranting:

I have CDMA and i text back and forth with digicel doesnt matter what kind of technology as long as there is routing in place between both carriers and agreement and peering partner like verisign or sybase etc...most companies use a peering partner for intercarrier text

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.