Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Hi everyone...

Today I noticed that the check for the I-129F filing fee was cashed yesterday..but I haven't received the NOA1. Is this unusual? Or maybe I'll get it in snail mail today. Let me know your thoughts.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok VJ'ers I have an interesting topic....or maybe its just interesting to me.

Anyway, I've noticed that many people file for the K1 fiance visa, meaning that they are not married before their SO comes to the US. I know that the rend was that K1's were faster, but they seem like such a hassle for so long. I mean, you have all this additional paperwork to file once you get to the US, plus you have to rush and marry, adjust status, etc....It just seems like a long time to have Immigration on your back. Thats just my personal opinion, but really has nothing to do with the 'interesting topic' I want to start.

I wanted to know if those VJ'ers that applied for a K1, had some sort of 'wedding' or 'ring' ceremony in Jamaica before their SO came here. If you did, what did you do to celebrate your union in front of the Jamaican family while there.

For those that married in Jamaica first and the SO came here as a spouse, what sort of celebration did you have with the American family. Did you 'marry' twice?

I am getting married in the hometown of my SO, actually i'm getting married in Sav la Mar, but I want to have some sort of ceremony when he gets to the States, so I am looking for examples of what others have done.

(F)

We married in a simple ceremony in our living room surrounded by family a friends. We hope to renew our vows in Jamaica with a big shin dig, maybe in December of this year. If not, then some time in the near future.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hi everyone...

Today I noticed that the check for the I-129F filing fee was cashed yesterday..but I haven't received the NOA1. Is this unusual? Or maybe I'll get it in snail mail today. Let me know your thoughts.

yup normal.....noa 1 should be coming within in the next 2 weeks maybe sooner

Timeline
Shuana, Mike has 2 biometric appointments? Bert only had one. Why 2????

And on was for EAD and one was for AOS????

yes...on the bio appt letters up top it said which was for what one...and the one said AOS...and the other was for the EAD....so when we went to the 1st they did both.....so double check...but i am sure he got both done....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
great question marlita! we originally wanted to have a wedding in jamaica. if my friends and family really wanted to come, they could. unfortunately, that's not the case with my fiance. since we're going the k-1 route and are forbidden to marry there i asked him if he'd like to have a fake ceremony there. he said he didn't want to do something if it was "just for show." he suggested that we could go on and have the wedding in the states (because we have to do it that way, lol) and we'd have an engagement party in jamaica.

by the way, who can tell me how to get my ticker to work right? when i copied and pasted the bb link it didn't work here.

I thought of the "fake" ceremony in Jamaica and the "paper" one in the States. But then when you think about it, the ceremony is a time to profess this commitment to one another in front of witnesses and GOD most importantly, so if you look at it that way it won't be fake or just for show. I think God will honor it.

Well we eneded up deciding to to the "paper" cermony in Jamaica cause he and I both wanted him to be my husband when he came to the states. Plus the CR1 visa seemed less of a hassle in the long run to me.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Oh well. So now I am trying to think if I should tell my grandparents cousins and aunts and uncles that I am close to. I know they all wouldnt be able to go to the wedding in JA, so I am wondering if I just leave it a secret from them til I he gets here. Knowing my family they wont be able to keep their mouths shut for too long. I havent had the best support in the whole situation either. Never thought my family would be so close minded, but they constantly seem to amaze me with their ignorance.

marlita i feel you! only with me...my whole family is actually thrilled to death but daddy is a whole other story. i can't touch this topic with a 10 ft pole with him. and it makes me feel like such a coward! even his brothers and sisters are telling me, "forget your dad! you do what makes you happy." i have to admit that it's kinda painful to think that my own father won't walk me down the aisle.

OMG! I was thinking this same thing. I never saw my dad as being ignorant, but this whole situation is making me look at him in a different light. Evan has emailed my dad, to try and get to know him, and get his blessing on the whole thing and my dad refuses to respond back to him. I say, my dad is the coward. I mean what makes him be soooo against this whole thing. Plus refusing to even get to know my fiance is really ignorant. If he really cared about me and who I was about the marry you would think he'd try to get to know the man. Whats bad is that he's spewing his ignorance to my brothers too. So now they are having the same stupid mentality as my dad. They are all quick to bash my fiance and say how stupid I am, yet neither one of them have made an effort to even ask what is last name is, let alone any other positive information on him.

Absolute ignorance. So dont think you're the coward. If my dad holds on to this ignorance and decides not to go to my wedding, I know that "he" will be the one who looks foolish in the end with a great regret in his heart.

Timeline

Anyway, I've noticed that many people file for the K1 fiance visa, meaning that they are not married before their SO comes to the US. I know that the rend was that K1's were faster, but they seem like such a hassle for so long. I mean, you have all this additional paperwork to file once you get to the US, plus you have to rush and marry, adjust status, etc....It just seems like a long time to have Immigration on your back. Thats just my personal opinion, but really has nothing to do with the 'interesting topic' I want to start.

I wanted to know if those VJ'ers that applied for a K1, had some sort of 'wedding' or 'ring' ceremony in Jamaica before their SO came here. If you did, what did you do to celebrate your union in front of the Jamaican family while there.

For those that married in Jamaica first and the SO came here as a spouse, what sort of celebration did you have with the American family. Did you 'marry' twice?

I am getting married in the hometown of my SO, actually i'm getting married in Sav la Mar, but I want to have some sort of ceremony when he gets to the States, so I am looking for examples of what others have done.

(F)

We didn't have any sort of ceremony in Jamaica. I hoped that we could get married in Jamaica but that was shot down. I think we'll have to settle for returning to Jamaica once he's able to travel and having some sort of reception there. It bothers me that his family wouldn't be able to be at the wedding. :(

It bothered me too about Evans family not participating in the wedding. Thats one of the BIGGEST reasons why we decided to do the wedding there. They are all about weddings and celebrations. I actually have nothing really to do with the whole planning process. Evan is such the little wedding planner. :luv:

Timeline

"It bothered me too about Evans family not participating in the wedding. Thats one of the BIGGEST reasons why we decided to do the wedding there. They are all about weddings and celebrations. I actually have nothing really to do with the whole planning process. Evan is such the little wedding planner"

I planned NOTHING when we got married in Ja in 2003. Ricardo did everything...down to makming the archway we got married under. It saved me a whole lot of stress. i figured he had all the connections and knew everybody, why not use them. It was stress free

August 28 2003...Married Ocho Rios Jamaica!

October 22 2003...recieved long form birth certificate

November 10 2003...Filed I-130 at CSC

November 12 2003...I-130 NOA 1

December 14 2003...Filed I-129f

December 17 2003...I-129f NOA 1

February 23 2004...I-129f NOA 2

March 1 2004...NVC recieved case

March 4 2004...NVC sent case to KNG embassy

March 5 2004...received long form birth certificate

March 9 2004...Embassy receives file Yeah!!!

March 9 2004...Kingston Embassy send out packet 3

March 11 2004...received packet 3 in only 4 days!!!!

March 15 2004...applied for police certificate

March 15 2004...medical exam date

March 17 2004...recieved police certificate

March 23 2004...interview ...HE GOT IT!!!!!!!!

April 1 2004...Ricardo flies home

April 2004-July 2005...living life and not concentrating on visa. We decided to go the IR-1 route and our taking our time completiing it

Febraury 9 2005...gave birth to twin boys Jaden and Jalen!

July 25 2005.. applied for US passports

August 25 2005... received passports

August 29 2005...sent visa fee ($335) to NVC via priority mail

September 1 2005...visa fee delivered to NVC

September 7 2005...NVC sends out ds-230 and bio- packet

September 10 2005...recieved ds-230 from NVC

September 14 2005...NVC recieves completed ds-230

October 14 2005...case complete at NVC! yes!!!!!

October 20 2005...case sent to Kingston

December 22 2005...visa granted

Timeline
great question marlita! we originally wanted to have a wedding in jamaica. if my friends and family really wanted to come, they could. unfortunately, that's not the case with my fiance. since we're going the k-1 route and are forbidden to marry there i asked him if he'd like to have a fake ceremony there. he said he didn't want to do something if it was "just for show." he suggested that we could go on and have the wedding in the states (because we have to do it that way, lol) and we'd have an engagement party in jamaica.

by the way, who can tell me how to get my ticker to work right? when i copied and pasted the bb link it didn't work here.

I thought of the "fake" ceremony in Jamaica and the "paper" one in the States. But then when you think about it, the ceremony is a time to profess this commitment to one another in front of witnesses and GOD most importantly, so if you look at it that way it won't be fake or just for show. I think God will honor it.

Well we eneded up deciding to to the "paper" cermony in Jamaica cause he and I both wanted him to be my husband when he came to the states. Plus the CR1 visa seemed less of a hassle in the long run to me.

We decided on this b/c of the very same reason. We don't want to deal w/any more ppwrk once arrives PLUS adjusting to the US. It was just too much. He has family here in the states plus other carribean countries so they're able to travel so we didn't mind having a small ceremony in JA until he arrives.

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

(F)

I got married in JA in Oct but it was very small. It was in front of two witnesses (Javon's sister and his brother-in-law). No one knows we are married except for them and my sister and her husband. We decided to keep it low key b/c of the drama that surrounded us when out I-129f petition was denied. We're going to have a bashment/reception in JA before he leaves for both our family and friends that are still in JA. Once he arrives we're going to do the "dream wedding" here in front of family and friends. It's hard keeping it a secret esp when my mom is asking me daily what's going on, but we figure this was the best way for us. Our first priority is immigration right now so once that is done we can plan anything we like.

Oh Nyseness, what the scandal! LOL! I don't know how you are able to hold that secret. I personally didnt tell anyone but my dad. Evan told my mother, who told my sister, who told all her kids, then my dad told my brothers,.... I didnt even get to have an "official" spill the beans ceremony! :angry:

Oh well. So now I am trying to think if I should tell my grandparents cousins and aunts and uncles that I am close to. I know they all wouldnt be able to go to the wedding in JA, so I am wondering if I just leave it a secret from them til I he gets here. Knowing my family they wont be able to keep their mouths shut for too long. I havent had the best support in the whole situation either. Never thought my family would be so close minded, but they constantly seem to amaze me with their ignorance.

Girl, it's hard esp w/my mom. She ask me ALL THE TIME!! It slips out a few times but usually I'm ok. When ppl ask I just say no and turn my head and my sister would always laugh.... :whistle:

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
I'm curious to know what happens after I get the NOA2? What is Packet #3 and Packet #4? What should I be doing will I wait for the NOA2?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Once you recv your NOA2 you file will be sent to NVC for processing. They will assign a case # and forward your case to Kingston. Then Kingston will send out packet #3 to your fiance.

Packet #3 is the checklist w/add'l information. Someone had packet #3 scanned. I'm sorry I don't remember but please post it again. Also you can familize yourself w/the forms DS-156, DS-157, DS-230 part I & part II. Also DS-156k I think. Once he recvs the packet he will then need to return a completed DS-230 part I to schedule an interview. Those are required for the interview. Packet #4 is medical form as well as the interview letter.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Hi everyone...

My check was cashed on the 4th of April and I received NOA1 on 3 days later. You will get it soon, it seem like that is the easy part, it's the NOA2 that have me very nervous and I have not seen any touches at all.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shuana, Mike has 2 biometric appointments? Bert only had one. Why 2????

And on was for EAD and one was for AOS????

yes...on the bio appt letters up top it said which was for what one...and the one said AOS...and the other was for the EAD....so when we went to the 1st they did both.....so double check...but i am sure he got both done....

Just check the appointment letter and both cases were listed. I was sweating that one wondering if that is why the EAD was being held up.

Now I feel better.

Hi everyone...

My check was cashed on the 4th of April and I received NOA1 on 3 days later. You will get it soon, it seem like that is the easy part, it's the NOA2 that have me very nervous and I have not seen any touches at all.

It seems like everything is moving slow lately. It will go by fast trust me. It won't seem like it by later on when you are looking back you will see it.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.