Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Question for you......Are you marrying an American man???? If so, dag I'm QUITE SURE we could bash the h*** out of OUR american men and NOT ONE AMERICAN WOMAN ON HERE WILL FEEL OFFENDED IN ANY WAY !!!!!!!

Damn straight!! When can we start? :devil:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

quote]

Who are you meeting? I'm thinking your hubby will be real jealous if you are trying to kiss her husband. You guys have me rolling today.

My husband's cousin is Jah Cure. I can't wait to get all up close and personal with him one day, probably this summer. No kissing involved though.

:lol: Sorry, I got a little carried away. Even if you say "Dante" somehow my brain translates "Damian". Yea, I need to get myself together. Jah Cure is cool too, and thats nice that he is your hubby's cousin. At least you can validate the connection. Because what my hubby is talking about, I have no clue. He's just trying to impress me, so I guess I can give him credit. But pretty soon I am going to expect Damian to show up at my b-day party, and then he is going to be look like a little goofball. Still luv him though. :yes:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My crazy sister-in-law thinks she is going to sing back up for him.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Oh my gosh. & to think that soon I wont be just a visitor or vacationer, I will be FAMILY!!!! IM SO EXCITED.

I know what you mean. I feel like I'm part Jamaican myself ;) Everyone is jealous when I tell them I'm going to visit my in-laws!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:lol: WAIT, are you speaking about Damien (your hubby)?? Oh, I though you meant Damian Marley. Girl, now you know I love me some Damian M. because I am just ranting on and on and on. I am laughing so hard right now, I think I am going to cry. (Inhale/Exhale). Ok, I am sorry. But yea, Gyptian is a good artist. I have never seen him perform in person though. And as you know Damian is another fav of mine. :lol: I think I need to take a nap now.

:lol::lol: you are funny. I love Damian Marley too. He's coming to town with Stephen sometime in May.

Girl I feel you about the emotions, I've just changed BACK from the B****H from helll lol!

Been sick from maybe 3 weeks pregnant though and STILL throwing up :(

I am SOOOOOOOO scared of getting pregnant :unsure:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh my gosh. & to think that soon I wont be just a visitor or vacationer, I will be FAMILY!!!! IM SO EXCITED.

I know what you mean. I feel like I'm part Jamaican myself ;) Everyone is jealous when I tell them I'm going to visit my in-laws!

My new father-in-law is an opinionated sweetheart that refuses to retire, drives a school bus and collects cowbells and pennies dated since before my own mother was born. My mother-in-law doesn't say much but bakes some great pies and always has something to wrap up for us to take back home.

Guess I am one of the luckier ones with no real issues with acceptance here.

From a little cottage in Negril all the way to Vermont.[br].png

My new father-in-law is an opinionated sweetheart that refuses to retire, drives a school bus and collects cowbells and pennies dated since before my own mother was born. My mother-in-law doesn't say much but bakes some great pies and always has something to wrap up for us to take back home.

Guess I am one of the luckier ones with no real issues with acceptance here.

My parents (and family) all love Tony but it took them a while to come around. I wish they could have come to Jamaica and met him before he came up here. My friend Jackie had her parents do that and it made things a lot easier. It's hard when your family can't even put a face to the name. Yeah, mom & dad, I'm getting married! Here's a picture of fiance! You'll meet him just as soon as he gets a Visa! My parents were like WHAT?!!!!!!!!! :bonk:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
Jeez!

I sign off and go to bed and wake to find that not only has the thread been moved but something akin to Armageddon has taken place. Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

:lol: I used to love that show :lol:

I watched it this morning :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just had to pop in and say hello!!! I saw Jomo's Girl on here FINALLY!!!! hey chica! It's me Jilly from ETJ!! Tell Jomo I say hey.

Hey Nyseness, SJB, Jonesie, Rhonda, Mindy and the rest of the crew!

And just need to add....after all I've been through with my Jamaican man (and I don't mean just the denial)....I don't hate him OR any of them for that matter.

Filed: Timeline
Jeez!

I sign off and go to bed and wake to find that not only has the thread been moved but something akin to Armageddon has taken place. Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

:lol: I used to love that show :lol:

I watched it this morning :whistle:

Me too! I didn't watch it this morning though. How old is Jerry now? Like 70? When I was a baby, he still had that gray hair. He is doing good with his old self.

Hey Jill.....how's it going???

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
I just had to pop in and say hello!!! I saw Jomo's Girl on here FINALLY!!!! hey chica! It's me Jilly from ETJ!! Tell Jomo I say hey.

And just need to add....after all I've been through with my Jamaican man (and I don't mean just the denial)....I don't hate him OR any of them for that matter.

Hey Jill. How are you and the kids? Any trips planned to JA?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey, goof. I've been on her for quite a while. Just lurking mostly. Been more talkative lately. How are you? Haven't seen you in a while.......just thought you were "lost" :devil:

Have you been on TIDS yet? D-Rock has been teased for having panties in his "man bag" this week. I was rolling.

Hope all is well. I'm coming to see you again soon...I promise.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i got my welcome letter yesterday and got my social about last week friday no sign of the green card.

Met at a wedding Jan 22 2000

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

interview march 6 2007 approved

waiting for airpack to deliver my visa

MARCH 9 RECEIVE VISA IN HAND

US entry March 17 2007

received ssn card on March 24

Remove conditions Mar 16 2009

received email stating i was approved July13 2009

recieved notice in mail and 10 year green card July20 2009

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.