Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So, I thought my fiances passport is an acceptable form of ID. He went to the liquor store to pick up some wine and they wouldn't let him buy it cuz they said he didn't have proper ID. I guess I'm clueless about this. What is the deal with this?

It depends on the place. Some take it, some don't.

Long time I haven't post anything. Congrats to all the approvals, weddings, babies etc, you all deserve it. All who didn't make it in the processing have my sympathy as well as those who have get their husbands or wives here only to have them leave or cheat, but life goes on, so move on.

Keep the post on the process involved coming in obtaining greencard for your love ones, but bway some a dem woman chat yu nuh, dem come pon ya an chat dem life story...wha type a frack dem wear, wha dem man luv fi duh, wha dem puss and dog eat, what dem 2 month baby luv fi eat, whey dem a duh a wok, which is nothing from the amount of post some made while working. when dem bruk or when dem have money, when dem a go a jamaica, when dem man call, wha type a weed dem man smoke, dem man ex., dem man madda granny sister uncle etc, etc, etc, etc. Wow keep it to the minimum call your friends and tell them dont make it that public and I bet most of you r husband dont know that you are gossiping your lifestory like that.

My husband does know what we chat about. I tell him all the time.

I do have to say, I am a little tired of people telling me what I can and cannot chat about in public. I'm a grown woman and I can pretty much say whatever I like. If you don't like it, skip over it.

What a way it bun yu, ah wish yu luck, yu betta understand sey jamaican man nuh kip up wid foolishniss all di time. Cuss if unnu want, cause unnu know seh a nuh lie mi a tell. some a unnu chat unnu life story too much. Throw mi corn, mi nuh call nuh fowl or throw stone inna hag pen, di one get di lick bawl

You don't know me or my husband, so you can stop generalizing now.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OK missa Shawn or u sure a no Miss Shawn..cause u sure worse dan most a we ooman pon yah wid the back and fort tracing...no body beg u fo read or comment pon any post so please sah...no bodda wid it. Enough already

why r u here..did ur wife/husband lef u,cheated on u and u had no one to talk to ?

Long time I haven't post anything. Congrats to all the approvals, weddings, babies etc, you all deserve it. All who didn't make it in the processing have my sympathy as well as those who have get their husbands or wives here only to have them leave or cheat, but life goes on, so move on.

Keep the post on the process involved coming in obtaining greencard for your love ones, but bway some a dem woman chat yu nuh, dem come pon ya an chat dem life story...wha type a frack dem wear, wha dem man luv fi duh, wha dem puss and dog eat, what dem 2 month baby luv fi eat, whey dem a duh a wok, which is nothing from the amount of post some made while working. when dem bruk or when dem have money, when dem a go a jamaica, when dem man call, wha type a weed dem man smoke, dem man ex., dem man madda granny sister uncle etc, etc, etc, etc. Wow keep it to the minimum call your friends and tell them dont make it that public and I bet most of you r husband dont know that you are gossiping your lifestory like that.

I do have to say, I am a little tired of people telling me what I can and cannot chat about in public. I'm a grown woman and I can pretty much say whatever I like. If you don't like it, skip over it.

What a way it bun yu, ah wish yu luck, yu betta understand sey jamaican man nuh kip up wid foolishniss all di time. Cuss if unnu want, cause unnu know seh a nuh lie mi a tell. some a unnu chat unnu life story too much. Throw mi corn, mi nuh call nuh fowl or throw stone inna hag pen, di one get di lick bawl

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So, I thought my fiances passport is an acceptable form of ID. He went to the liquor store to pick up some wine and they wouldn't let him buy it cuz they said he didn't have proper ID. I guess I'm clueless about this. What is the deal with this?

So is it at the discretion of the establishment? There must be some kind of literature about what is proper ID and whats not. Anybody know? I'd like to find something in writing to enlighten this woman at the store.

Timeline

why r u here..did ur wife/husband lef u,cheated on u and u had no one to talk to ?

With such an obviously sparkling personality, how could you even think that, Kimmy?

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I thought it was proper ID as well...cause u can get into a jail using ur passport as ID..don't know why she gave u guys a hard time...Search acceptable ID for purchaing liquor

Liquor

So is it at the discretion of the establishment? There must be some kind of literature about what is proper ID and whats not. Anybody know? I'd like to find something in writing to enlighten this woman at the store.

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

With such an obviously sparkling personality, how could you even thing that, Kimmy?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: -Nicely put JG... ;)

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Yes, for the most part. I have read that a passport is an acceptable form of identification as far as age goes. But it would not prove legal status in the US. So, for buying alcohol, cigarretes (sp), etc., sure. For credit or something like that, no. But, again, it all depends on the establishment. They are allowed to enforce their own rules.

Get him a state ID or DL as soon as possible.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

HAhahaaa...gosh him seem sooooo happy ! :unsure:

With such an obviously sparkling personality, how could you even thing that, Kimmy?

Timeline

:lol: Oh man! You had me on the floor for this one! I get what your saying though, but I also get why the woman chat so like they do on here. Its just a little community for us all to get together and gossip pretty much. We all know thats what it is...GOSSIP! I say just so long as all this information you divulge about your man you also discuss with him. :thumbs:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

We used Andre's passport when we went Anheuser Busch for a brewery tour and free sampling after. No problems.

Some people are just not used to having to look at a passport for ID. They are unfamiliar and uncomfortable. I think if you held your ground and expained that it contains all the information they need, they will back down. Just make them more familiar with it, that's all.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We used Andre's passport when we went Anheuser Busch for a brewery tour and free sampling after. No problems.

Some people are just not used to having to look at a passport for ID. They are unfamiliar and uncomfortable. I think if you held your ground and expained that it contains all the information they need, they will back down. Just make them more familiar with it, that's all.

My fiance went there during the day without me so he just said ok and walked out. Thanks for the tip...we will be going back to that place later today.

Timeline

No sah Marlita...don't help him wid him fla fla comment

:lol: Oh man! You had me on the floor for this one! I get what your saying though, but I also get why the woman chat so like they do on here. Its just a little community for us all to get together and gossip pretty much. We all know thats what it is...GOSSIP! I say just so long as all this information you divulge about your man you also discuss with him. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yes, for the most part. I have read that a passport is an acceptable form of identification as far as age goes. But it would not prove legal status in the US. So, for buying alcohol, cigarretes (sp), etc., sure. For credit or something like that, no. But, again, it all depends on the establishment. They are allowed to enforce their own rules.

Get him a state ID or DL as soon as possible.

I agree with JG - it depends on the establishment. It took Damien a year to get a state ID (Maryland is :wacko: )...some places would accept his passport and some wouldn't..especially Ruby Tuesdays.

Filed: Other Timeline
OK missa Shawn or u sure a no Miss Shawn..cause u sure worse dan most a we ooman pon yah wid the back and fort tracing...no body beg u fo read or comment pon any post so please sah...no bodda wid it. Enough already

Nuh worry yuself Miss Kimmy, yu man soon lef yu fi some white gal, and if mi wife lef mi a would'nt tell yu, cause yu would a gossip it all over the world.

Timeline

Shawn (a guy) lurked on here a yr 1/2 ago....I believe he was still in Jamaica. Never lead onto where, what, why, etc etc.. surprised to see he's resurfaced. Maybe a foreign relationship gone bad???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.