Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Rhonda,

You'll be fine Chica,...once that little bambino is out and you know that he/she depends on you...and Tony (but, I ain't gonna lie mainly you in the beginning :lol: )...YOU WILL BE FINE!!! That maternal instinct kicks into high gear and you're off!!! Just find yourself a really good pediatrician (One that you feel comfortable with, that makes time to speak with you about anything related to your child, etc...) You'll be a fine Mommy Rhonda!!!

Blessings always, (L)

Gill

P.S.-Pray for a girl...cause boys just reek havoc on your nerves :lol::lol:

Thanks :luv: I AM having a girl! (If the ultrasound is right!) I need to start looking for a pediatrician. What do I do, ask them if I can interview them? :wacko: I don't want to wait til the baby's born to find one.

Good Girl,

Don't wait til the Baby's out to start looking. Do you have any friends with kids? If you do ask them what they think of their Pediatricians? Ask for their #'s and call up and ask if you can make an appointment to meet with the doctor.

Ask questions like: what's his stance on giving antibodics? Does he give them frequently or reserve them for serious conditions? (This is a good question to ask, cause in my humble opinion, you don't want a Dr. that is antibodics crazy-it's been shown that the more we take antibodics the less effect they can have to help us in the long run.)

Does he have special 'sick only' or 'well only' hours? (If you're bringing in Chica for a well visit the last thing you need is to be sitting in a room full of sick kids ;) )

If you go to a group...Try to see if there is a mix of old and young pediatricians. (Old ones that have seen everything and new ones that are up on the newest medical treatments for everything) One thing I love about my group is even after a new pediatrician comes on staff they are required to still do hours at the Emergency room of the closest Childrens hospital, for 5 years. Which is great cause if one of my boys ever has to go to the emergency room one of my pediatricians is usually on staff.

Do they have weekend or 'on call' hours?

I know it seems like alot of work, having a baby and all...but trust me if you went through this whole CRAZY :wacko: Visa process and ended up alright...having a baby will be nothing for you :lol: !

Blessings

(L) ,

Gill

P.S.-You can always PM me. (I took off the block :lol::lol: -Just kidding- I never blocked you, Girl!)

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I forgot to share my good news...........

Andre's health, dental, and life insurance kicked in yesterday (Oct. 1st). He will now pay just under $50 a check for what I was paying $278 a check for, for the last 16 months. I'm nearly giddy with joy today!!!!!!

WHOA!!! That's a nice piece of savings every month!

Congrats...whacha gonna do with all the $$$$$$...buy that deer head for the fireplace LOL :lol::lol: (I'm sorry Girl, I still giggle when I think about that!)

(L) ,

Gill

Oh NO. There are plenty of other bills waiting in line.

Don't give him any ideas. Wonder how much one of those stupid things cost anyhow?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Moose-Head-Shoulder-Mo...1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh my freakin' God.........now I KNOW there is absolutely nothing you can't find on Ebay. That is too funny!

I forgot to share my good news...........

Andre's health, dental, and life insurance kicked in yesterday (Oct. 1st). He will now pay just under $50 a check for what I was paying $278 a check for, for the last 16 months. I'm nearly giddy with joy today!!!!!!

WHOA!!! That's a nice piece of savings every month!

Congrats...whacha gonna do with all the $$$$$$...buy that deer head for the fireplace LOL :lol::lol: (I'm sorry Girl, I still giggle when I think about that!)

(L) ,

Gill

Oh NO. There are plenty of other bills waiting in line.

Don't give him any ideas. Wonder how much one of those stupid things cost anyhow?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Moose-Head-Shoulder-Mo...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hahahahaha...Just think JG in a little over 2 months this too could be yours from your insurance savings :lol::lol:.

(L) ,

Gill

P.S.- Why did I mention Andre's comments and the whole deer head thing to Ken and he said "Yeah, dem ting deh kindda nice still." :o ...the joke is one me!!! :no: ...MEN!!! :lol::lol:

OK....someone tell me what is so nice about that stupid thing?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

well we had a very interesting night to say the least....i was ready for divorce :lol: i can laugh about it today but last night it was no laughing matter.....here is the story....

Mike gives me a call last night at about 6:30 asking if his friend who is in Virginia can come and visit...i said ok do i know him, how long is he staying? well he said no i do not know him and he wasn't sure how long...so i said look i don't have a problem with him coming for a visit but i want to know how long he is planning on staying i think that is only fair....so then i said look talk to him tell him he will be sleeping on the couch and we have a dog and ask him how long he wants to visit...the key word visit....WELL.....i get home and slowly more of the story comes out....this guy was here on a work visa for a work program in Atlanta...that job ended and he wanted another job...so a mutual friend of this guy and mike got him a job in Virginia cleaning rooms...well i guess it was exciting enough for him not much happening so he wanted to leave....and get this come stay with us so he could get a job.....and i said to mike NO WAY...is this EVER going to happen...tell him no but we got other things to do....so i thought this was all over.....WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They guy then calls mike to tell him he was at the bus station waiting to get the bus that will be arriving in WILMINGTON DELAWARE at 4:15AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at this point i lost my freaking mind.....i got so hot with him first off wilmington is not safe before sunrise....just a fact...mike even called one of his friends to see if he would pick this guy up and he said NO WAY i don't wanna die, and he has been living here all of his life......and i just don't want him here i don't know him i don't know what his real intentions are just what mike has been telling me....

so mike has been going back and forth with this guy it is now 10:30 at night and he says to mike ok send me some money so i can go back to atlanta....WHAT???? and how is this our problem.....so finally he said he would call us back never did till 8 this morning he was still in virigina asked us again for money for a ticket...and mike said no we don't have it and that was that......i swear i thought i was getting punked...i was looking around for the cameras...and then to top everything off we were getting ready for bed...and Cham thought that would be the prefect time to get sick and throw up....what a prefect ending to a great night....

Timeline
well we had a very interesting night to say the least....i was ready for divorce :lol: i can laugh about it today but last night it was no laughing matter.....here is the story....

Mike gives me a call last night at about 6:30 asking if his friend who is in Virginia can come and visit...i said ok do i know him, how long is he staying? well he said no i do not know him and he wasn't sure how long...so i said look i don't have a problem with him coming for a visit but i want to know how long he is planning on staying i think that is only fair....so then i said look talk to him tell him he will be sleeping on the couch and we have a dog and ask him how long he wants to visit...the key word visit....WELL.....i get home and slowly more of the story comes out....this guy was here on a work visa for a work program in Atlanta...that job ended and he wanted another job...so a mutual friend of this guy and mike got him a job in Virginia cleaning rooms...well i guess it was exciting enough for him not much happening so he wanted to leave....and get this come stay with us so he could get a job.....and i said to mike NO WAY...is this EVER going to happen...tell him no but we got other things to do....so i thought this was all over.....WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They guy then calls mike to tell him he was at the bus station waiting to get the bus that will be arriving in WILMINGTON DELAWARE at 4:15AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at this point i lost my freaking mind.....i got so hot with him first off wilmington is not safe before sunrise....just a fact...mike even called one of his friends to see if he would pick this guy up and he said NO WAY i don't wanna die, and he has been living here all of his life......and i just don't want him here i don't know him i don't know what his real intentions are just what mike has been telling me....

so mike has been going back and forth with this guy it is now 10:30 at night and he says to mike ok send me some money so i can go back to atlanta....WHAT???? and how is this our problem.....so finally he said he would call us back never did till 8 this morning he was still in virigina asked us again for money for a ticket...and mike said no we don't have it and that was that......i swear i thought i was getting punked...i was looking around for the cameras...and then to top everything off we were getting ready for bed...and Cham thought that would be the prefect time to get sick and throw up....what a prefect ending to a great night....

Dyam Nan, Sounds like you had a pretty rough night Chica :blink: ! Sorry to hear all that! But, I'm proud of you for putting your foot down! Dyam right...he can try that hustle somewhere else!

Hope you have a better day :)

Stay well (L) ,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had a similar situation with my ex. His friend from back home in Jamaica called and told him that he wanted to meet up with him for drinks. He claimed that he was visiting from NY for a few days...and wanted to look his friend up. How he got our information, I will never know. Well, of course while they were out for drinks, he asked my husband if he could stay with us for a couple of weeks. Thankfully, my ex thought enough of my opinion to call and ask me about it. I asked the normal questions, and if he thought our kids would be safe around him. As soon as we hung up, his friend's mother called his cell and told him not to let on that he was talking to her. She told my ex not to deal with him at all because he was wanted in NY and he fled to Atlanta to avoid arrest. She wanted him to turn himself in so that his punishment would not be so severe, and she figured if he didn't have anywhere to go...he would eventually come back.

Unfortunately, childhood friendships do not guarantee that you know the adult person. If you loose contact for awhile, you need to learn the person all over again.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Long time I haven't post anything. Congrats to all the approvals, weddings, babies etc, you all deserve it. All who didn't make it in the processing have my sympathy as well as those who have get their husbands or wives here only to have them leave or cheat, but life goes on, so move on.

Keep the post on the process involved coming in obtaining greencard for your love ones, but bway some a dem woman chat yu nuh, dem come pon ya an chat dem life story...wha type a frack dem wear, wha dem man luv fi duh, wha dem puss and dog eat, what dem 2 month baby luv fi eat, whey dem a duh a wok, which is nothing from the amount of post some made while working. when dem bruk or when dem have money, when dem a go a jamaica, when dem man call, wha type a weed dem man smoke, dem man ex., dem man madda granny sister uncle etc, etc, etc, etc. Wow keep it to the minimum call your friends and tell them dont make it that public and I bet most of you r husband dont know that you are gossiping your lifestory like that.

Timeline
Long time I haven't post anything. Congrats to all the approvals, weddings, babies etc, you all deserve it. All who didn't make it in the processing have my sympathy as well as those who have get their husbands or wives here only to have them leave or cheat, but life goes on, so move on.

Keep the post on the process involved coming in obtaining greencard for your love ones, but bway some a dem woman chat yu nuh, dem come pon ya an chat dem life story...wha type a frack dem wear, wha dem man luv fi duh, wha dem puss and dog eat, what dem 2 month baby luv fi eat, whey dem a duh a wok, which is nothing from the amount of post some made while working. when dem bruk or when dem have money, when dem a go a jamaica, when dem man call, wha type a weed dem man smoke, dem man ex., dem man madda granny sister uncle etc, etc, etc, etc. Wow keep it to the minimum call your friends and tell them dont make it that public and I bet most of you r husband dont know that you are gossiping your lifestory like that.

My husband does know what we chat about. I tell him all the time.

I do have to say, I am a little tired of people telling me what I can and cannot chat about in public. I'm a grown woman and I can pretty much say whatever I like. If you don't like it, skip over it.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Oh, girl. Been there, done that type of thing.

Andre had 2 friends call asking for money for plane tickets so they could come stay with us till they find jobs? I said H-E-L-L NO! His sister, who has a habit of taking her 2 kids and visiting people for months at a time, wanted to come our way. Again, the answer was No. And, one friend who was here on a work program and got fired, wanted to come sleep on our couch. Same answer. So, then, of course, he wanted us to give him money so he could get to Miami to stay with someone else. I told him the tree out back was not blooming those hundred dollar bills yet. When they did, I would get back to him.

Good for you, putting your foot down. Watch that kind of stuff very carefully. Once they stay at your place, you will never get rid of them.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Missa Shawn,

Yuh dyam facety and bright...stop meddle inna grown ooman business and gwan guh sit down...beg yuh duh! :P

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jomo and Gill thank u very much

Where did this Shawn come from again :whistle: ...afta we nah chat secrets....longgggggggggg duttttttyyyyy frigin kiss teeth...out a order...

Just mek sure u no tell nobody ur business Shawn99

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Where did this Shawn come from again :whistle: ...afta we nah chat secrets....longgggggggggg duttttttyyyyy frigin kiss teeth...out a order...

I was waiting for you to comment. I checked him out too. Saw you had been on there as well.

I believe he would be called a VJ Troll!

You just made me smile.

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

AhHAA...HIM BRIGHT..

I was waiting for you to comment. I checked him out too. Saw you had been on there as well.

You just made me smile.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Perfect !! :yes:

Rhonda,

You'll be fine Chica,...once that little bambino is out and you know that he/she depends on you...and Tony (but, I ain't gonna lie mainly you in the beginning :lol: )...YOU WILL BE FINE!!! That maternal instinct kicks into high gear and you're off!!! Just find yourself a really good pediatrician (One that you feel comfortable with, that makes time to speak with you about anything related to your child, etc...) You'll be a fine Mommy Rhonda!!!

Blessings always, (L)

Gill

P.S.-Pray for a girl...cause boys just reek havoc on your nerves :lol::lol:

Thanks :luv: I AM having a girl! (If the ultrasound is right!) I need to start looking for a pediatrician. What do I do, ask them if I can interview them? :wacko: I don't want to wait til the baby's born to find one.

Good Girl,

Don't wait til the Baby's out to start looking. Do you have any friends with kids? If you do ask them what they think of their Pediatricians? Ask for their #'s and call up and ask if you can make an appointment to meet with the doctor.

Ask questions like: what's his stance on giving antibodics? Does he give them frequently or reserve them for serious conditions? (This is a good question to ask, cause in my humble opinion, you don't want a Dr. that is antibodics crazy-it's been shown that the more we take antibodics the less effect they can have to help us in the long run.)

Does he have special 'sick only' or 'well only' hours? (If you're bringing in Chica for a well visit the last thing you need is to be sitting in a room full of sick kids ;) )

If you go to a group...Try to see if there is a mix of old and young pediatricians. (Old ones that have seen everything and new ones that are up on the newest medical treatments for everything) One thing I love about my group is even after a new pediatrician comes on staff they are required to still do hours at the Emergency room of the closest Childrens hospital, for 5 years. Which is great cause if one of my boys ever has to go to the emergency room one of my pediatricians is usually on staff.

Do they have weekend or 'on call' hours?

I know it seems like alot of work, having a baby and all...but trust me if you went through this whole CRAZY :wacko: Visa process and ended up alright...having a baby will be nothing for you :lol: !

Blessings

(L) ,

Gill

P.S.-You can always PM me. (I took off the block :lol::lol: -Just kidding- I never blocked you, Girl!)

Filed: Other Timeline

My husband does know what we chat about. I tell him all the time.

I do have to say, I am a little tired of people telling me what I can and cannot chat about in public. I'm a grown woman and I can pretty much say whatever I like. If you don't like it, skip over it.

What a way it bun yu, ah wish yu luck, yu betta understand sey jamaican man nuh kip up wid foolishniss all di time. Cuss if unnu want, cause unnu know seh a nuh lie mi a tell. some a unnu chat unnu life story too much. Throw mi corn, mi nuh call nuh fowl or throw stone inna hag pen, di one get di lick bawl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So, I thought my fiances passport is an acceptable form of ID. He went to the liquor store to pick up some wine and they wouldn't let him buy it cuz they said he didn't have proper ID. I guess I'm clueless about this. What is the deal with this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.