Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Question:

Why is it bad (in Jamaica) to be slapped with a dish towel??? I swatted at Tony with one because he was teasing me and he flipped out! Said something about becoming lazy or something :wacko: Has anyone heard of this before?

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:dance::dance: yes sirrr another one down...I must say the emabassy has been pretty good for the most part...knock on wood :whistle:

:ot: David's visa was ready today to be pick up. :dance::dance: Since he works really odd and some time long hours; we decide not to have it delivered to his home but to pick it up at the AirPak office in Kingston. It took just 3 business days!!!!

David is still sticking to this end of the month arrival plan. I am really not happy with that plan. So I guess we will be working on our ability to compromise skills over the next few days. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jenice

Congrats Jenice!!!

Kimmy, beg yuh Sistren keep knocking pon dat deh pissa cyake :lol:...I mean wood fi mi! ;) Beg yuh DO!!!!!! :yes: Everybody been getting through on a nice consistant basis (God is so good! :innocent: )...jus' pray for it to continue!!!! :thumbs:

Dat wouldda deh greatest thing!

(L) ,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
:yes: ...I was about to type the same thing! But, you do have to be really careful about how large you make the whole in the nipple...just like you said JG...Baby could choke! The other thing Rhonda, I wouldn't introduce cornmeal porridge until 7-10 months old. The baby cereal is fine before that, but cornmeal can be hard to digest for a little, little baby.

I'm so nervous. I have a lot to learn :wacko:

Rhonda,

You'll be fine Chica,...once that little bambino is out and you know that he/she depends on you...and Tony (but, I ain't gonna lie mainly you in the beginning :lol: )...YOU WILL BE FINE!!! That maternal instinct kicks into high gear and you're off!!! Just find yourself a really good pediatrician (One that you feel comfortable with, that makes time to speak with you about anything related to your child, etc...) You'll be a fine Mommy Rhonda!!!

Blessings always, (L)

Gill

P.S.-Pray for a girl...cause boys just reek havoc on your nerves :lol::lol:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
True Kimmy, I think I had to pay $5-10 more for my second suitcase w/Spirit!

But, lawd deh lass time mi fly 'Di Market Bus' (AJ). The flight attendant asked my 6 year old son..."Yuh waan pissa cyake" -Jus' so!! He said excuse me? She just repeated..."Yuh... waan... fi... nyam... pissa... cyake... or bun?" I swear I was looking around for the video camera...cause you couldn't tell me I wasn't in a 'Oliver' episode!! :blink: When I finally translated for my son (who understands patois- but hers was BAD!!!) He turned to the attendant and said "Ohh, pissa cyake puhlease" - My youngest one is so facety(but mi didda haffi laugh still) Dyam outta order ,ooman! :lol:

(L) ,Gill

:lol::lol: (whoaaa, mi belly). I can't believe that happened, fi real it is a true market bus....

Ok, ladies, what am I missing here? :unsure: If I understood you right, the flight attendant asked your son if he wanted a piece of cake right? I know I'm missing something really funny :wacko:

Yeah Rhonda,

you're right...but it's HOW she asked him!!! Now imagine you get on board your 'Lovebird' plane for your honeymoon, vacation or whatever and this flight attendant comes up and instead saying..."Would you like a piece of cake or bun?" With a smile and a nice 'proper' Jamaican accent (that everyone can understand)...this chick says "Wuh yuh wann fi nyam, pissa cyake or bun?" with a frown and then flings the cake at you! :lol::o

That's what we are talking about with Air Jamaica and their lack of customer service skills.

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
She right on the mark, Rhonda. My son was almost 10 pounds at birth. I gave him cereal in his bottle at one month to enable him to sleep through the night.

Ok, so now I'm thinking you must make the cereal really thin to be able to put it in the bottle? I'm so overwhelmed :huh: I know my mom had really big babies - me and my sister both weighed over 10 pounds - and she said she gave us cereal really early on too. I'm gonna need a book on how to do this stuff :P

Feeding baby cereal? I saw my girlfriend do that so her baby would sleep. I won't be doing that because I don't believe in feeding food to early to my baby. Her baby was only 7 pounds at birth.

Yah, well, if you had a 10 pound baby who woke up every 2 hours and acted like he was starving to death, you might change your mind. Funny thing is, he's now 15 and he still eats just about every two hours!!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill,

U know I am praying ..I have to pray..not for us so much cause WE ALL blessed..but for the embassy wah dem a burn down if dem keep up dem #######..!!!.. :lol:

Alright that was a joke ..I hope no one reports me to the Police ..hheeeee

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
She right on the mark, Rhonda. My son was almost 10 pounds at birth. I gave him cereal in his bottle at one month to enable him to sleep through the night.

Ok, so now I'm thinking you must make the cereal really thin to be able to put it in the bottle? I'm so overwhelmed :huh: I know my mom had really big babies - me and my sister both weighed over 10 pounds - and she said she gave us cereal really early on too. I'm gonna need a book on how to do this stuff :P

Feeding baby cereal? I saw my girlfriend do that so her baby would sleep. I won't be doing that because I don't believe in feeding food to early to my baby. Her baby was only 7 pounds at birth.

jax girl you say that now...trust me when your baby isn't sleeping through the night and you need those couple extra hours to sleep you will be doing the ceral shake combo.....trust me that is how i got both sets of twins to sleep and it was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Amen!!!!!!

hello Jamie....how are things with you????

Kelly(JG)....i can't wait till mike gets on insurance through his job.....i bay a likkle less then what you pay per month...it sucks!!!!!!!

When do you think that will happen for you?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Rhonda, u'll be fine..once baby comes ur going to think u read a manual for being a mom..it comes...u'll be fine

:yes: ...I was about to type the same thing! But, you do have to be really careful about how large you make the whole in the nipple...just like you said JG...Baby could choke! The other thing Rhonda, I wouldn't introduce cornmeal porridge until 7-10 months old. The baby cereal is fine before that, but cornmeal can be hard to digest for a little, little baby.

I'm so nervous. I have a lot to learn :wacko:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Don't give him any ideas. Wonder how much one of those stupid things cost anyhow?

:lol: My dad has never paid for one of them. He hunts all his and kills them :( They're all hanging up in their cabin up north. He has deer, elk, moose, cariboo, bear, ..... It's like a zoo in there!!!

Oh, please.........I have seen my husband drive. There is no way I am giving him a gun and letting him loose in the woods.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Don't give him any ideas. Wonder how much one of those stupid things cost anyhow?

:lol: My dad has never paid for one of them. He hunts all his and kills them :( They're all hanging up in their cabin up north. He has deer, elk, moose, cariboo, bear, ..... It's like a zoo in there!!!

Oh, please.........I have seen my husband drive. There is no way I am giving him a gun and letting him loose in the woods.

HAhaa...I wanna be there..I wanna see :lol:

Timeline
Gill,

U know I am praying ..I have to pray..not for us so much cause WE ALL blessed..but for the embassy wah dem a burn down if dem keep up dem #######..!!!.. :lol:

Alright that was a joke ..I hope no one reports me to the Police ..hheeeee

Nice disclaimer Kimmy...cause yuh done know your house would be the first one dem a knock pon, if deh Embassy catcha fire!!! :lol::lol:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
Any one know about how much school books should cost for an 8th grader in JA?

Whoa, that's a good question Brownie. I really have no idea. Is there a chance that you can call the school in JA and inquiry directly with the Headmaster or Mistress? Or ask them which publisher they use...perhaps you can go online and order them. Like I know many schools down there use Harcourt Education.

(http://www.caribbeanschools.co.uk/InYourCountry/Jamaica/default.asp)

But it really depends upon the school I guess.

Just my 2 cents,

Good luck!

(L),

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

jax girl you say that now...trust me when your baby isn't sleeping through the night and you need those couple extra hours to sleep you will be doing the ceral shake combo.....trust me that is how i got both sets of twins to sleep and it was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Amen!!!!!!

hello Jamie....how are things with you????

Kelly(JG)....i can't wait till mike gets on insurance through his job.....i bay a likkle less then what you pay per month...it sucks!!!!!!!

When do you think that will happen for you?

:lol: you are tttooo funny......like the manager said where he works he will get full time when either someone quits or gets fired....so i hope maybe he can get another gig that pays for insurance...OR after i tell the family i work for that i am preggo and loose my job then maybe I can get a job that pays for insurance......

Edited by nannygirl82

Timeline
Question:

Why is it bad (in Jamaica) to be slapped with a dish towel??? I swatted at Tony with one because he was teasing me and he flipped out! Said something about becoming lazy or something :wacko: Has anyone heard of this before?

well my jamaican said he never heard of that..... :wacko: then again sometime not sure if he really is jamaican :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.