Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
anyone ever do the secret shopper???? i signed up for it and took their VERY hard tests :lol: if you did it...how was it...

I did do this and it was so much harder then I ever imagined. For one thing, you had to remember every single little detail.....names, dates, times, questions they asked you, what you browsed, prices, blah, blah, blah......it was neverending. I had to literally fill out a 4 page report after each visit. All of that without being able to take any notes so you wouldn't tip off the stores. I had a hard time with their time frame too. They kept sending me to restaurants after 10 p.m. when I had to be at work very early the next morning.

I finally just gave it up.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok ladies i just made some porridge incorporating marlitas idea! with the cream of wheat its very good i used cream of wheat, water, lasco vanilla soy milk powder, sprinkle of nutmeg, dash of vanilla and a few tablespoons of condensed milk its pretty good

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

im gonna be needing to learn to make chicken foot soup and cow skin soup for when he gets here he loves those and i have no clue how toi think i can manage the red pea soup we normally get that soup from the rasta in downtown mobay he makes the bessst soupppppp then late nights we get the rasta food i have no idea what street its on but they setup shop and be cutting up veg and everything makin fresh fried dumplings chris loves the veggie chunks im not feelin that one too much

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline
im gonna be needing to learn to make chicken foot soup and cow skin soup for when he gets here he loves those and i have no clue how toi think i can manage the red pea soup we normally get that soup from the rasta in downtown mobay he makes the bessst soupppppp then late nights we get the rasta food i have no idea what street its on but they setup shop and be cutting up veg and everything makin fresh fried dumplings chris loves the veggie chunks im not feelin that one too much

You ladies spoil. I told Andre he was the better cook so that was his job. I maybe cook once a week and only if he has the later work schedule.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have done some major flight searching and I found the cheapest dates are either 12/24/07 or 1/7/08

you might wanna check it to see if they are good in your area :)

Ahhhhhhh, that was so sweet of you! Ok, I'll check it out. What search engines did you use or what airlines?

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

ok ladies i just made some porridge incorporating marlitas idea! with the cream of wheat its very good i used cream of wheat, water, lasco vanilla soy milk powder, sprinkle of nutmeg, dash of vanilla and a few tablespoons of condensed milk its pretty good

Cornmeal porrige is awesome with evaporated milk, fresh coconut milk adds a nice little wrinkle, also butter.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey All........ :dance: I received the IV bill yesterday in the mail.....Going to send it back out today.....Hopefully we will receive instructions soon to send in the application itself.......Andrew is getting more excited as the time draws near........To get him home for Christmas would be the best thing!

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Timeline
Anyway...the above receipe is dead on for cornmeal porridge! Just don't forget to keep stirring... or it will get clumpy and lumpy! Keep the fire low after you put the cornmeal in...Viola!! Yummy Yummy...I used to make it for my sons when they were babies, usually at the 10-11pm feeding...when they turned 7-8 months...I used their formula instead of milk!

Trust me Rhonda, it's something to keep in mind...cause it holds them! My sons slept through the night after they had their cornmeal bottle! :yes: And Mommy could finally get a full nights sleep! :yes:

I better start practicing now :blush: I'm not much of a cook! You said you put it in their bottle? Is it that thin that it would flow through or did you make it thinner for them? I've never eaten it so I have no idea what to expect. I might surprise Tony and make some before he gets home from work one day!

When I put it in my son's bottle, I had to cut the opening a little bigger so it would flow through. Because of that, you have to make sure they don't choke.

:yes: ...I was about to type the same thing! But, you do have to be really careful about how large you make the whole in the nipple...just like you said JG...Baby could choke! The other thing Rhonda, I wouldn't introduce cornmeal porridge until 7-10 months old. The baby cereal is fine before that, but cornmeal can be hard to digest for a little, little baby.

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Don't him cow skin, cow skin should not be eaten.

Timeline

Don't him cow skin, cow skin should not be eaten.

huh??? he loves this soup lol he eats this at home

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

Girl, I am feeling you on the Veggie Chunks thing! Ken LOVE himself some 'Chunks'...me..not so much :no:! The Pork Pit in MoBay also has bomb a$$ red pea soup!

(L) ,Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Girl, I am feeling you on the Veggie Chunks thing! Ken LOVE himself some 'Chunks'...me..not so much :no:! The Pork Pit in MoBay also has bomb a$$ red pea soup!

(L) ,Gill

im up here makin a list of all the stuff i want to do after all this just may be my last long trip there in a while :( im gonna really miss jamaica once he comes here wow the longest ive been away is one month for the past year. Ok here is my list thus far, margaritavill during the day for drinks, dead end bar, whitehouse for some fish!, drs cave beach, wexford to say hi to mr. brown the bartender, nyam n jam for a blended fruit punch and the list goes on!!! i cant wait im crossin off the days on that calendar!

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline
anyone ever do the secret shopper???? i signed up for it and took their VERY hard tests :lol: if you did it...how was it...

I had a friend that did that. She liked it. She mainly went to restaurants and bars, so really how bad could it be if you're getting paid to eat :lol::lol: . She just said the $$ was slow, because she got paid by the gig. And the price for each gig was different. But extra $$ is extra$$ in my eyes.

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

(L) ,Gill

im up here makin a list of all the stuff i want to do after all this just may be my last long trip there in a while :( im gonna really miss jamaica once he comes here wow the longest ive been away is one month for the past year. Ok here is my list thus far, margaritavill during the day for drinks, dead end bar, whitehouse for some fish!, drs cave beach, wexford to say hi to mr. brown the bartender, nyam n jam for a blended fruit punch and the list goes on!!! i cant wait im crossin off the days on that calendar!

Who do you go to in Whitehouse for the fish.....Sebil's (yellow restaurant) or Evelyn's (white)?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I had a friend that did that. She liked it. She mainly went to restaurants and bars, so really how bad could it be if you're getting paid to eat :lol::lol: . She just said the $$ was slow, because she got paid by the gig. And the price for each gig was different. But extra $$ is extra$$ in my eyes.

Gill

this is true...i'm going to try it and see how it goes..

:ot:

Britney Spears will loose custody of her kids tomorrow at noon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.