Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Im in a great mood today :) im planning a wedding CD so far i got 7 songs to choose from! I need some more.

1. Sacrifice By Alaine(this one is number one so far!!!)

2. Is this love-Bob Marley

3. Tessane Chen-Hideaway( i think thats what its called)

4. One Love- Bob Marley

5. Deeper-Alaine

6. Heavenly-Alaine

7.No ordinary love-Alaine

ok i need leave alain alone lol she the entire CD!!! maybe i will need disk one and two haha...i have so many more songs i like i have to go thru them all...

Girl I LOVE TESSANE! That song Hideaway is off the hook! I have Alaine playing as my song on my MYSPACE page. I have to get her whole CD because it sounds like she has quite a few that are good.

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Im in a great mood today :) im planning a wedding CD so far i got 7 songs to choose from! I need some more.

1. Sacrifice By Alaine(this one is number one so far!!!)

2. Is this love-Bob Marley

3. Tessane Chen-Hideaway( i think thats what its called)

4. One Love- Bob Marley

5. Deeper-Alaine

6. Heavenly-Alaine

7.No ordinary love-Alaine

ok i need leave alain alone lol she the entire CD!!! maybe i will need disk one and two haha...i have so many more songs i like i have to go thru them all...

Girl I LOVE TESSANE! That song Hideaway is off the hook! I have Alaine playing as my song on my MYSPACE page. I have to get her whole CD because it sounds like she has quite a few that are good.

I downloaded it from audiomaxx.com some days their downloads are just 3.99 i have to HAVE My DJ Kenny!!! so ive downloaded them all from there instead of getting them when i go to jamaica his last two cd i dont like though

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: Other Timeline
Just a question for you ladies (and gents)...I like to plan ahead and am thinking of what to get my SO for Christmas. I'm a BIG black Friday shopper so I want to get his gift then while prices are good. Anybody want to share what you plan on getting your SO or what you've got them in the past? And what they got you?

--Sorry about the doublepost--

I'm hoping to get my hubby a Laptop.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
Just a question for you ladies (and gents)...I like to plan ahead and am thinking of what to get my SO for Christmas. I'm a BIG black Friday shopper so I want to get his gift then while prices are good. Anybody want to share what you plan on getting your SO or what you've got them in the past? And what they got you?

Oooh that sounds like a good idea. :thumbs:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oooh that sounds like a good idea. :thumbs:

I am currently looking for a Mccaw (parrot) so that I can get him that when he comes. He loves birds and he has one at home in JA that he has had for years 10+. I know he is going to miss it when he comes so I would like to get him one for here and plus they are lots of fun.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello happy sunday everyone....um....is this bank reference letter needed! or can i use my statements printed from the web for the past year!! bank giving me drama they seem to have no clue about this reference letter, its bank of america i emailed them and they claim they processed it but i call to follow up and i havent received it so here i go calling and they keep transferring me from one dept to the next

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline
Hello happy sunday everyone....um....is this bank reference letter needed! or can i use my statements printed from the web for the past year!! bank giving me drama they seem to have no clue about this reference letter, its bank of america i emailed them and they claim they processed it but i call to follow up and i havent received it so here i go calling and they keep transferring me from one dept to the next

Just go into your local BofA office and have one of the managers write up something ...like when you opened your account, how much of a balance, that you are an excellent customer with good standing ....etc etc.... I was in and out of my BofA in 10 minutes. Manager was happy to do up a letter for me without any cost.

Timeline
Question- My hubby is missing cornmeal porridge. Does anyone know how to make it or have a reciepe? Thanks :whistle:

ok ur makin me hungry!~~~ i been on a porridge kick~~~

theres actually a recipe on the back of the Grace cornmeal package too i tried that one it was pretty good

Cornmeal Porridge

INGREDIENTS :

4 ozs. cornmeal

1pt water

1cup milk

salt to taste,nutmeg,[ vanilla optional]

sugar to taste or fat free condensed milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.

METHOD:

Mix cornmeal in 1/2pt. water.

Bring remainder of water and milk to boil and stir in cornmeal and salt.

Cook for about 10-12 mins.

Sweeten to taste and add nutmeg and vanilla.

Serve hot. Ideal for children.

Thanks

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malawi
Timeline
What hotel is closest to the embasssy, and is clean and cheap. Whats up with Christar Villas how far is that away does anyone know....

Kim,

On my last trip to Kingston, I stayed the 1st night at the Knutsford Court and the last two nights at Hilton Kingston. The Knutford Court cost was $107 plus tax and the two nights at the Hilton was $218 plus tax. I got the nights for the Hilton via Hotwire. For some reason the cost on Hotwire for my 1st night in Kingston was $230 fo Sep 26. So I decide to get the last two nights via Hotwire and found the 1st night at http://www.seejamaicacheaply.com/

The Knutford Court was very clean and the staff was pleasant. It also came with a free continental breakfast. I could definitely stay here again.

Hilton Kingston--is definitely consider 4 stars. It is located within a block of several fast food places, Burger King, Wendy's Juicy Beef, Pizza Hut and a place that is very similar to Island Grill ..it is Jamrock something.. There are several clubs like The Quad and Assylum mix into this area. The Bob Marley park is less than a block the opposite direction. I have stayed at the Hilton several times to include my wedding night/honeymoon. So it is defintely my preferred hotel when I am in Kingston and most time I can get it for about the same price. Every time I have bid on a hotel in Kingston I have always gotten Hilton Kingston.

I have stayed in a couple of other places in Kingston. The Four Season...my experience was pretty bad and I do not see me every staying there again. The staff was horrible! The Mayfair ..they had low water pressure. I stay there one night and was move due to no water being in our room. We were upgrade to the Prime Minister suite. There were a little water but no hot water; plus the TV was missing :crying: . We checking in late so we just called it a night and stayed. The 2nd time we stay there for three nights during the world cup; it was the only place available. THis stay was ok. The water pressure still was not that good but the staff was pretty decent.

Jenice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What hotel is closest to the embasssy, and is clean and cheap. Whats up with Christar Villas how far is that away does anyone know....

Kim,

On my last trip to Kingston, I stayed the 1st night at the Knutsford Court and the last two nights at Hilton Kingston. The Knutford Court cost was $107 plus tax and the two nights at the Hilton was $218 plus tax. I got the nights for the Hilton via Hotwire. For some reason the cost on Hotwire for my 1st night in Kingston was $230 fo Sep 26. So I decide to get the last two nights via Hotwire and found the 1st night at http://www.seejamaicacheaply.com/

The Knutford Court was very clean and the staff was pleasant. It also came with a free continental breakfast. I could definitely stay here again.

Hilton Kingston--is definitely consider 4 stars. It is located within a block of several fast food places, Burger King, Wendy's Juicy Beef, Pizza Hut and a place that is very similar to Island Grill ..it is Jamrock something.. There are several clubs like The Quad and Assylum mix into this area. The Bob Marley park is less than a block the opposite direction. I have stayed at the Hilton several times to include my wedding night/honeymoon. So it is defintely my preferred hotel when I am in Kingston and most time I can get it for about the same price. Every time I have bid on a hotel in Kingston I have always gotten Hilton Kingston.

I have stayed in a couple of other places in Kingston. The Four Season...my experience was pretty bad and I do not see me every staying there again. The staff was horrible! The Mayfair ..they had low water pressure. I stay there one night and was move due to no water being in our room. We were upgrade to the Prime Minister suite. There were a little water but no hot water; plus the TV was missing :crying: . We checking in late so we just called it a night and stayed. The 2nd time we stay there for three nights during the world cup; it was the only place available. THis stay was ok. The water pressure still was not that good but the staff was pretty decent.

Jenice

The Four Seasons was horrible when we went there as well.

Congrats again Jenice :dance::dance:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
Hey everyone! I decided to stop lurking and make a post :dance:

Marlita - I agree about the whole "newbie/veterans" thing. We ALL have knowledge to share

And about the racism thing - Although we can avoid the subject on VJ, we can't avoid it in life because its something that still affects the country that we live in and it will effect our SO's when they come here.

JALOVE and Marlita - You guys have some courage to go have your SO with you at the airport. My SO's not allowed to see me or talk to me the day I leave otherwise I'll be a basketcase by the time i get on the plane.

Ooooh and about food...i LUV bbq chicken from KFC in JA. I could taste it right now :D

Have a great weekend everyone! :thumbs:

Hey Marie how's it going?

I never even considered not having him at the airport. I don't really know anyone else there so he always just takes me. It was never hard to leave until we became husband and wife. All the other times were fine. I wasnt happy about leaving, but it had to be done and I knew that i was coming back. BUt this last time I was so used to being around him everyday and dependant on him for a month that I started to hyperventilate at the thought of leaving him. I did not expect that. There is definitely a different feeling when that other person is your married half, it is literally like not being whole until you are together.

Marlita! I told you we were going to be best friends!! haha I could not have said that better myself! When I left this summer after the two months it was MISERABLE!! It was like here I was leaving this place I had called home, and leaving the only person that FEELS like home and more than that I was leaving as a new woman. That, and I had to look right into the eyes of my deepest part and say goodbye. Its some tough stuff!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kim,

i really liked the knutford...the staff was great!!! and the caeser salad was to die for...SO GOOD!! :lol: just a likkle hungry....and kelly(luvstravlin) got me a great rate....i think she got me a business rate and they NEVER asked to see any type of identification...

i would stay there again....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malawi
Timeline

Hi all,

I am back from Jamaica :crying::crying: I could not even go to sleep last night. I miss David so much. The good news is we got the visa :dance::dance: The interview was a breeze. I have already post my experience under the embassy review. While David and I waited our turn to be interviewed we had the chance to listen in on several interviews. At any given time 4 or 5 interviews were going on at one time. From what I could hear no one was actually denied. But most had to come back with additional documentation. They were mostly family base visa...parent filing for children stuff like there. I also observed two spouse base visa interview.

1. The husband was there alone..the interview ask him how did he meet his spouse? Apparently a mutual friend set them up. She ask what date was your 1st call to your wife, where she stays when in Jamaica. The age of her kids, Had he every meet her parents. When and did he meet her parent. Who in his family has his wife met? Describe the wedding. Who attend on her side? on his side? She ask for pictures and it went on and on. He was sounding a little nervous but some how he made it thru and was approved. The same chick interview David and I. Before we were called she was the one person that we did not want to call us.

2. The wife was down there. A different lady interviewed this couple. She ask them a couple questions before the rep ask the wife to take sit away from Section C and ask the husband to pick uo the phone. When you talk into the phone no one can really hear what is being ask. The rep talked to him for about 7-10 minutes then the wife was called up and talk for about five minute alone. Finally both the wife and the husband was up there at that time David and I called to be interview. We were never seperated and we were finish only a minute or two after this couple. They got approved but it did appear they were ask tons of questions.

Not sure why these people experience were totally different to David and my interview. We were only asked a couple of really simple questions. How did we meet? and How manay time had David visited the US. PLease see embassy review for additional details.

Again I would like to said thanks for all the support and great info I have gotten from VJ and this thread.

David is not coming up until the end of Oct. He has a lot of loose ends he has to tied down. Since I really want him here with out outstanding issues back in Jamaica I am okay with this timeframe. I will post his POE experience. Since he has been here three time already I don't see a need to fly down to come back with him.

But If i can get one of those dirt cheep ticket who knows.....

Jenice

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: we just found out our meat is the kind that "could" have e.coli.....yum yum.....anywho anyone who has topps burger with the EST 9748 and the sell by date of sept 07 - sept 08 then go to http://www.toppsmeat.com/ Edited by nannygirl82

Timeline
Hi all,

I am back from Jamaica :crying::crying: I could not even go to sleep last night. I miss David so much. The good news is we got the visa :dance::dance: The interview was a breeze. I have already post my experience under the embassy review. While David and I waited our turn to be interviewed we had the chance to listen in on several interviews. At any given time 4 or 5 interviews were going on at one time. From what I could hear no one was actually denied. But most had to come back with additional documentation. They were mostly family base visa...parent filing for children stuff like there. I also observed two spouse base visa interview.

1. The husband was there alone..the interview ask him how did he meet his spouse? Apparently a mutual friend set them up. She ask what date was your 1st call to your wife, where she stays when in Jamaica. The age of her kids, Had he every meet her parents. When and did he meet her parent. Who in his family has his wife met? Describe the wedding. Who attend on her side? on his side? She ask for pictures and it went on and on. He was sounding a little nervous but some how he made it thru and was approved. The same chick interview David and I. Before we were called she was the one person that we did not want to call us.

2. The wife was down there. A different lady interviewed this couple. She ask them a couple questions before the rep ask the wife to take sit away from Section C and ask the husband to pick uo the phone. When you talk into the phone no one can really hear what is being ask. The rep talked to him for about 7-10 minutes then the wife was called up and talk for about five minute alone. Finally both the wife and the husband was up there at that time David and I called to be interview. We were never seperated and we were finish only a minute or two after this couple. They got approved but it did appear they were ask tons of questions.

Not sure why these people experience were totally different to David and my interview. We were only asked a couple of really simple questions. How did we meet? and How manay time had David visited the US. PLease see embassy review for additional details.

Again I would like to said thanks for all the support and great info I have gotten from VJ and this thread.

David is not coming up until the end of Oct. He has a lot of loose ends he has to tied down. Since I really want him here with out outstanding issues back in Jamaica I am okay with this timeframe. I will post his POE experience. Since he has been here three time already I don't see a need to fly down to come back with him.

But If i can get one of those dirt cheep ticket who knows.....

Jenice

Congrats!!!! sooo sooo happy for you... :dance:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.