Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok one more post and i promise ill shut up lol im on a roll today now tell me why.... i only really eat egg sandwiches and KFC hotwings when i go to jamaica lol i hate KFC here but i swear they do somethin special to the hot wings and fries and those eggs must be laid by a golden hen cuz i never tasted an egg so good in america lol lol they laugh at me cuz thats what i order...i dont even want any of the other food well unless its steam fish or friend fish or the mix veg with the pak chow have u guys been to Nyam N Jam in Mobay downtown thats me and chris spot we met there awwww they have the best fried chicken with sweet and sour sauce... if anyone has that recipe for that sauce please let me know ok u can tell im hungry right :) no lunch at work.....

Man I say that about the Pepsi! I like a pepsi everynow and then when I'm home but in JA i crave it! Stopping at every little raodside stand to get one. Freakin out when they dont have any cold ones! I swear they put crack in the Pepsi down there, casue I am addicted to it!

:lol::lol: i know what you mean!!! the only rice and peas i like is the way mike's mom cooks them....the other nite i was CRAVING it so bad mike made some...YUCK....i only ate a spoonfull....i was tempted to get on a plane just to get some....and the burger king in OCHI....like your golden hen...must be a golden cow they take the meat from....

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

You ladies have a nice weekend i am off to my part-time job

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone! I decided to stop lurking and make a post :dance:

Marlita - I agree about the whole "newbie/veterans" thing. We ALL have knowledge to share

And about the racism thing - Although we can avoid the subject on VJ, we can't avoid it in life because its something that still affects the country that we live in and it will effect our SO's when they come here.

JALOVE and Marlita - You guys have some courage to go have your SO with you at the airport. My SO's not allowed to see me or talk to me the day I leave otherwise I'll be a basketcase by the time i get on the plane.

Ooooh and about food...i LUV bbq chicken from KFC in JA. I could taste it right now :D

Have a great weekend everyone! :thumbs:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey everyone! I decided to stop lurking and make a post :dance:

Marlita - I agree about the whole "newbie/veterans" thing. We ALL have knowledge to share

And about the racism thing - Although we can avoid the subject on VJ, we can't avoid it in life because its something that still affects the country that we live in and it will effect our SO's when they come here.

JALOVE and Marlita - You guys have some courage to go have your SO with you at the airport. My SO's not allowed to see me or talk to me the day I leave otherwise I'll be a basketcase by the time i get on the plane.

Ooooh and about food...i LUV bbq chicken from KFC in JA. I could taste it right now :D

Have a great weekend everyone! :thumbs:

Hey Marie how's it going?

I never even considered not having him at the airport. I don't really know anyone else there so he always just takes me. It was never hard to leave until we became husband and wife. All the other times were fine. I wasnt happy about leaving, but it had to be done and I knew that i was coming back. BUt this last time I was so used to being around him everyday and dependant on him for a month that I started to hyperventilate at the thought of leaving him. I did not expect that. There is definitely a different feeling when that other person is your married half, it is literally like not being whole until you are together.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Other Timeline
u'll gotta see this

Yes girl I seen this a few weeks ago when he competed for the beyonce show tickets here in Philly. They had to send in a tape doing the actual dances that she does in the video and the radio station posted them on the website. I was like ILL. It is just nasty. He does it better than her. Why does he have all that to shake and know very well how to.............Crazy. Those are the things we are dealing with out here in ILLY PHILLY.

:blink: fi true. He has more back side than me :o

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline
You are no longer worth the effort or my VALUABLE time to sit down and respond to your obilivious statements.

You've GOT to be kidding me!!!!

This forum was started for US to have a place to help each other -- not BASH each other every chance we get.

What is wrong with someone having an opinion? That's just fine if you don't agree with it but do we have to get so nasty?

I have been around (and been a party to) plenty of prejudice in my life. It is what it is. Yeah, it's a shame that in this day and age things like this still go on -- I am sorry for that. I really am. But I don't go around making it worse. Whatever......

Ya know Mindy.....I TOTALLY miss the good ole days when we used to laugh, joke, support, be caring, etc etc and not have ANY of this BS drama on here !!!!! Where the heck are all of our "veterans"????!!!

Me dijah! no time to chat too much do, mi hav ta work tek, care de family dem.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok one more post and i promise ill shut up lol im on a roll today now tell me why.... i only really eat egg sandwiches and KFC hotwings when i go to jamaica lol i hate KFC here but i swear they do somethin special to the hot wings and fries and those eggs must be laid by a golden hen cuz i never tasted an egg so good in america lol lol they laugh at me cuz thats what i order...i dont even want any of the other food well unless its steam fish or friend fish or the mix veg with the pak chow have u guys been to Nyam N Jam in Mobay downtown thats me and chris spot we met there awwww they have the best fried chicken with sweet and sour sauce... if anyone has that recipe for that sauce please let me know ok u can tell im hungry right :) no lunch at work.....

Man I say that about the Pepsi! I like a pepsi everynow and then when I'm home but in JA i crave it! Stopping at every little raodside stand to get one. Freakin out when they dont have any cold ones! I swear they put crack in the Pepsi down there, casue I am addicted to it!

:lol::lol: i know what you mean!!! the only rice and peas i like is the way mike's mom cooks them....the other nite i was CRAVING it so bad mike made some...YUCK....i only ate a spoonfull....i was tempted to get on a plane just to get some....and the burger king in OCHI....like your golden hen...must be a golden cow they take the meat from....

This is so true!! I had some fried chicken down there and it was like the best chicken ever. I asked my mom why that is and she was telling me that its the way they raise the chicken down there. A lot of people raise the chicken in their own coup. No for real. I was so into that chicken.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh by the way check out the signature!!!!!!!!!!!!

I booked the ticket!!! :dance::dance:

10/10/2007

YAY!! :dance::dance:

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You are no longer worth the effort or my VALUABLE time to sit down and respond to your obilivious statements.

You've GOT to be kidding me!!!!

This forum was started for US to have a place to help each other -- not BASH each other every chance we get.

What is wrong with someone having an opinion? That's just fine if you don't agree with it but do we have to get so nasty?

I have been around (and been a party to) plenty of prejudice in my life. It is what it is. Yeah, it's a shame that in this day and age things like this still go on -- I am sorry for that. I really am. But I don't go around making it worse. Whatever......

Ya know Mindy.....I TOTALLY miss the good ole days when we used to laugh, joke, support, be caring, etc etc and not have ANY of this BS drama on here !!!!! Where the heck are all of our "veterans"????!!!

Oh LORD!!! Get over the veterans already!!!! It sounds quite insulting to those who are "newbies" on here! Like they are unwanted or something. I have seen you make this comment many times before, even when I was a newbie and all it made me do is not like the veterans. so that comment really gets the thread no where. Its gonna become a battle of the newbie verse the vet in a minute and of course the newbie will win, cause there are WAY more of them. The thread is what it is! It evolves just like everyting else in life! It has its ups and downs.

The problem on here is what I see on many other forums that have to do with Jamaica and the Americans who love it. People have a high-octane opinion, mixed with their love for a country but really have never walked a mile in the shoes of the people from the country. I think people who are not Black don't understand when things SEEM to always have a "racial" issue behind them because they only see the surface. They only see what the media presents to them.

I gotta say, there's a WHOLE underground, unspoken world that Black people from ALL OVER THE WORLD share. Only WE share it so other races and cultures don't get it. Blacks meet from the US, UK, Africa, Caribbean, and they all have someting in common. The way they have been treated throughout the history of this world. They all have heard horrible tear causing stories from their granparents, and even their own children. The all know whats its like to be a ethnic minority, even when they live in a country or continent where they are the majority. When we don't live in areas where there are many of us we gravitate to one another, giving each other an unspoken look, or head nod just to show, we acknowledge each others Blackness. When we are around each other we embrace our Blackness and our culture much more than we do when we are around others. WE wear our hair differently, we dress differently, we talk about differnet things. We have converstaions and speech patterns we would never share with other races no matter how down we think they are. When we do it fuels debates like the one on here cause others just don't understand.

I know this may be new for many to understand, even if you've been around Black people for years, dated Black men, had Black friends, listen to reggae, rap, soul and R&B. There are just somethings that you will never get. Either you can't physically experience them, like having someone call you a N----, have people tell you to cover your nappy hair, spit at you cause your Black, through hateful slurs at you, say your pretty for a Black girl, ask if you wash your hair, sit in an office of all whites, sit in a school of all whites, sit on a bus, at a movie, in the mall......its a different world from our eyes. Then there's just the stuff we as Black folks talk about in the privacy of or Black neighborhoods, some of that stuff will never come out to the public til the day we all die!!!!

SO when issues like JENA 6 come out well you're just getting a bit of a taste of what we talk about and how we talk on the DL.

Marlita, thank you for all you said; I am in total agreement. In reference to your comment on the vets vs. newbies, it has barely been 4 months since I have been on this thread and there were many times that it was very unwelcoming. I met some really great ladies on here and I will treasure the times, but there are others that because they are "vets"...let me not go there.

It has certainly been very heated on here today :whistle:

10/10/2007

Shonnie, I saw the signature and I am jumping for joy :dance::dance: . Way to go hon, I am so happy that you are preparing for the new path that is ahead of you. All the best, hon :thumbs:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
;) im such a ball of emotion... and he alwasy says dont start crying! :) he sits out there with me till its time to go and theres not much convo cuz ill be all depress i so hate the day before the day before its time to go i get all quiet and look super pitiful. Then the last day the time seems to fly by too fast and i can never sleep really the night before goin home this is crazy like right now im crossin off my dates on my calendar with my blue magic marker hahah

I can't sleep when I get back. When I leave him, it takes a month for me to get a good night's sleep. :(

In the past, he and I would be bawling our eyes out the night before and day that I leave. This last time, we were too happy to cry, especially knowing that we would see each other in a few weeks. :D

JALOVE, the time soon come :thumbs:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

10/10/2007

Very well done!! yaya hes on his way!! NYCE!!!!

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
;) im such a ball of emotion... and he alwasy says dont start crying! :) he sits out there with me till its time to go and theres not much convo cuz ill be all depress i so hate the day before the day before its time to go i get all quiet and look super pitiful. Then the last day the time seems to fly by too fast and i can never sleep really the night before goin home this is crazy like right now im crossin off my dates on my calendar with my blue magic marker hahah

I can't sleep when I get back. When I leave him, it takes a month for me to get a good night's sleep. :(

In the past, he and I would be bawling our eyes out the night before and day that I leave. This last time, we were too happy to cry, especially knowing that we would see each other in a few weeks. :D

JALOVE, the time soon come :thumbs:

YEP the SAME!!!! i cant sleep or get myself togther for just that long well this last time was worse for some reason no i mean since the July trip when i got back..

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline
I never even considered not having him at the airport. I don't really know anyone else there so he always just takes me. It was never hard to leave until we became husband and wife. All the other times were fine. I wasnt happy about leaving, but it had to be done and I knew that i was coming back. BUt this last time I was so used to being around him everyday and dependant on him for a month that I started to hyperventilate at the thought of leaving him. I did not expect that. There is definitely a different feeling when that other person is your married half, it is literally like not being whole until you are together.

You aren't lying Marlita. I miss my "main rib" when I am away from him. A lot of the ladies at work are very supportive of me getting my Masters and saying, "it's better that he is not here so you can concentrate on school". Funniest thing is, I do so much better with him around. :blush:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
:ot: Jenna Bush in Jamaica on 20/20 (ABC). Pretty interesting piece; shows her going into some of the more dangerous inner-city neighbourhoods.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.