Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What is the cheapest phone card to call Jamaica? I've been using ringyard...i think it is .19 cents a minute. Wondering if there is something better....

www.IDTCalls.com i get like 200 some minutes to mobiel and 400 to land line for 20 dollars. Been using it since feb its great

Tell me something about these cards.....where do you get them? Do you have to buy from the internet? And, do they specifically say you can call Jamaca on them, if you get them in a store? I have looked at all kinds of international phone cards and they have me so so confused most times. Think I'd like to get rid of our landline, and thus our ILD, and go to cards in the near future. Any help?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, never even dated any other nationality apart from Jamaican before my husband!!

I don't find white men physically attractive, and I don't seem to have anything in common with black men who aren't Jamaican....

:lol: Hey woman, is your husband black or white? I don't remember. So either you're not attracted to him or you two have nothing in common?!!! :P Sorry, I couldn't resist!

lol..he's black....but he's probably more Jamaicanized that I am!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What is the cheapest phone card to call Jamaica? I've been using ringyard...i think it is .19 cents a minute. Wondering if there is something better....

www.IDTCalls.com i get like 200 some minutes to mobiel and 400 to land line for 20 dollars. Been using it since feb its great

Tell me something about these cards.....where do you get them? Do you have to buy from the internet? And, do they specifically say you can call Jamaca on them, if you get them in a store? I have looked at all kinds of international phone cards and they have me so so confused most times. Think I'd like to get rid of our landline, and thus our ILD, and go to cards in the near future. Any help?

ITs like a virtual card it the USA gold card when u first go to the website click on USA icon. Then theres a drop down box for calling to and from then it will pull all the cards that are for that country. no connection fee, now heres the kicker....it says jamaica cellular is 96 minutes for 20 bucks BUT everytime i re-up my card online for 20 dollars it says 208 or so minutes!!! everytime i do 10 dollars it gives me 100 something i swear :) maybe they have their rates wrong but i sure wont tell them lol starting out u can buy a 5 dollar card, see if u like it. Once u get ur first card they call u and verify that that credit card u are using is yours before they even send you a pin number so its pretty safe. you can call wherever u want i have even tested to see if it would call my cell phone here. USA Gold E-Phone card....I think its a good alternative to your ILD also it has pinless dialing not sure what cell carrier you have but if you must use it, verizon has a plan for ILD and to call JA is 35 cents a minute but theres a small monthly fee of about 3.99 its worth it when i have no minutes i just use that but try not to very much

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

i use ohello.com it is 18 cents...and it is great you can charge online or call in and recharge...hardly ever have a problem connecting and if you do have a problem you can call them tell them you have a problem and they fix it ASAP....another good thing they speak English....no hard to understand accents... :P

Timeline

ITs like a virtual card it the USA gold card when u first go to the website click on USA icon. Then theres a drop down box for calling to and from then it will pull all the cards that are for that country. no connection fee, now heres the kicker....it says jamaica cellular is 96 minutes for 20 bucks BUT everytime i re-up my card online for 20 dollars it says 208 or so minutes!!! everytime i do 10 dollars it gives me 100 something i swear :) maybe they have their rates wrong but i sure wont tell them lol starting out u can buy a 5 dollar card, see if u like it. Once u get ur first card they call u and verify that that credit card u are using is yours before they even send you a pin number so its pretty safe. you can call wherever u want i have even tested to see if it would call my cell phone here. USA Gold E-Phone card....I think its a good alternative to your ILD also it has pinless dialing not sure what cell carrier you have but if you must use it, verizon has a plan for ILD and to call JA is 35 cents a minute but theres a small monthly fee of about 3.99 its worth it when i have no minutes i just use that but try not to very much

i used to have that w/ verizon as well....the only thing you don't realize how fast those minutes add up....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

so this will work calling cell phone to cell phone?

Timeline

Thanks so much for all the info. I am going to look into it.

My ILD is through 3U telecom. It's 17 cents a minute for us and all we do is dial an 800 number and then dial in the JA number when prompted. I've been using it for like 3 years now and I love it. However, it has to be tied to all your long distance through your home phone and if we lose the land line, we lose it all. Just something I've been considering for a while now since we really don't use the land line for much.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Well, I just got back to work after being sick the last few days. I read all 14 pages of the thread that I missed since then. I must say a few things. First, I didn't intend to cause such a stir by my comment about the Jena 6. I was just stating my opinion. I did NOT personally attack anyone or anything anyone said - therefore, I do not understand why there was such an uproar. It was and still is MY opinion that everything involving BLACK people gets turned into a "racial" issue - whether it is or not. If you think it's unfair, fine then say it's unfair. But why does it have to be because they're BLACK? Or because the other boy was white? The situation could have easily been reversed. I did NOT say that I think they deserve the punishment they are being given. I said I was sick and tired of it being a "RACIAL" issue.

With a comment such as this "It was and still is MY opinion that everything involving BLACK people gets turned into a "racial" issue - whether it is or not", I hope that you can understand why many people on here have had some reservations about your comment. When you made your inital comment about Jena 6, I understood it as you are tired of it being aired on CNN, which is something that I can totally understand. After watching CNN for awhile anyone can get sick and tired of them reviewing the same topic. Yes, there are some people who pull the race card on every incident involving a black person and white person but if you lived as an African American and have been shiested out of promotional opportunites in the corporate/private sector, stopped by the police 3-4 times in 6 months for driving a certain vehicle, and ousted out of ample educational opportunites, you would indeed see why some people just cannot let the racial issue go.

But why does it have to be because they're BLACK? Or because the other boy was white? The situation could have easily been reversed. The bottom line to this comment is that a situation such as this is rarely reversed!!! Did the white guy get charged for being involved in a hate crime/terroristic threat initially?

I can't fault you for voicing your opinion but at the same time, I can't fault some of the VJ members for standing up against your opinion. I guess for some people it takes everyday experiences to understand the other side. Rhonda, it doesn't matter how well we do as African American people, somethings are just never good enough to succeed especially as a black man. I am not racist or predjudiced by any means necessary but racism does still exist on a regular basis and its unfair to all minority races. I think that the famous saying of "walk a mile in my shoes" applies best. I do hope that you are able to see the oppositional standpoint. Take care

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline
i use ohello.com it is 18 cents...and it is great you can charge online or call in and recharge...hardly ever have a problem connecting and if you do have a problem you can call them tell them you have a problem and they fix it ASAP....another good thing they speak English....no hard to understand accents... :P

OK.....I have to admit on the Jamaican thread, that statement (bolded above) just cracked me up!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

OK.....I have to admit on the Jamaican thread, that statement (bolded above) just cracked me up!!!!

trying to add a likkle bit of humor.... :whistle:

Timeline
You are no longer worth the effort or my VALUABLE time to sit down and respond to your obilivious statements.

You've GOT to be kidding me!!!!

This forum was started for US to have a place to help each other -- not BASH each other every chance we get.

What is wrong with someone having an opinion? That's just fine if you don't agree with it but do we have to get so nasty?

I have been around (and been a party to) plenty of prejudice in my life. It is what it is. Yeah, it's a shame that in this day and age things like this still go on -- I am sorry for that. I really am. But I don't go around making it worse. Whatever......

Ya know Mindy.....I TOTALLY miss the good ole days when we used to laugh, joke, support, be caring, etc etc and not have ANY of this BS drama on here !!!!! Where the heck are all of our "veterans"????!!!

Timeline
You are no longer worth the effort or my VALUABLE time to sit down and respond to your obilivious statements.

This forum was started for US to have a place to help each other -- not BASH each other every chance we get.

What is wrong with someone having an opinion? That's just fine if you don't agree with it but do we have to get so nasty?

I have been around (and been a party to) plenty of prejudice in my life. It is what it is. Yeah, it's a shame that in this day and age things like this still go on -- I am sorry for that. I really am. But I don't go around making it worse. Whatever......

Ya know Mindy.....I TOTALLY miss the good ole days when we used to laugh, joke, support, be caring, etc etc and not have ANY of this BS drama on here !!!!! Where the heck are all of our "veterans"????!!!

Hey, Kel. How are things?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Check this out....pay special attention to the last paragraph. It kind of freaked me out, the way he said it.

Tropical Storm Karen

Tropical Storm Karen has weakened to a minimal tropical storm, thanks to continued high levels of wind shear. Strong westerly winds aloft are creating about 20-25 knots of wind shear over Karen. This morning's QuikSCAT pass showed a very elongated center of circulation, with winds of minimal tropical storm force to the east of the center. Satellite loops show Karen's exposed low-level center of circulation, now visible as a swirl of low clouds. Most of the heavy thunderstorm activity that was was on the storm's northeast side has died out this morning, and Karen may get downgraded to a tropical depression today. A small area of heavy thunderstorm activity has developed near the center on the east side, but Karen is looking very unhealthy now.

Karen has taken an unexpected jog to the north this morning, which puts the storm closer to a region of higher wind shear. A motion to the west-northwest is expected to resume later today. With Karen's more northerly position, the odds of the storm being torn apart have increased. The GFS model kills Karen by Sunday, and the SHIPS model (which is based on the GFS) is forecasting that 35-40 knots of wind shear will affect the storm tonight through Saturday night. The other models do not kill Karen, but none of them forecasted the northward jog that will bring Karen into higher wind shear sooner. There is about a 50% chance Karen will be gone by Sunday, destroyed by wind shear.

If Karen survives, an ominous possibility arises--a ridge of high pressure is expected to build over the eastern U.S. and western Atlantic, forcing Karen westward towards the U.S. An anticyclone with low wind shear might build over the storm, creating an environment favorable for intensification of Karen into a hurricane. The path Karen might take late next week is highly uncertain. The high pressure ridge expected to build to the north of Karen will be quite strong, which might force Karen westward into Florida, or even west-south-westward through the Bahamas and into Cuba. There will be several small "short wave" troughs moving through the ridge that may be able to turn Karen more northwesterly towards New England, though. Still another uncertainty is the possibility of a new tropical, subtropical, or extratropical cyclone forming off the coast of North Carolina on Sunday or Monday, something now predicted by all of the computer models. Some of the models take this new storm north-eastward out to sea, which would create a weakness in the ridge that would pull Karen northward. However, most of the models predict that the new storm will move west or west-southwest over Georgia or Florida. A storm-storm interaction between Karen and the new storm might ensue, an event the models are poor at handling.

In short, this is a very complicated situation, and we'll just have to wait and see how it unfolds

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Check this out....pay special attention to the last paragraph. It kind of freaked me out, the way he said it.

Tropical Storm Karen

Tropical Storm Karen has weakened to a minimal tropical storm, thanks to continued high levels of wind shear. Strong westerly winds aloft are creating about 20-25 knots of wind shear over Karen. This morning's QuikSCAT pass showed a very elongated center of circulation, with winds of minimal tropical storm force to the east of the center. Satellite loops show Karen's exposed low-level center of circulation, now visible as a swirl of low clouds. Most of the heavy thunderstorm activity that was was on the storm's northeast side has died out this morning, and Karen may get downgraded to a tropical depression today. A small area of heavy thunderstorm activity has developed near the center on the east side, but Karen is looking very unhealthy now.

Karen has taken an unexpected jog to the north this morning, which puts the storm closer to a region of higher wind shear. A motion to the west-northwest is expected to resume later today. With Karen's more northerly position, the odds of the storm being torn apart have increased. The GFS model kills Karen by Sunday, and the SHIPS model (which is based on the GFS) is forecasting that 35-40 knots of wind shear will affect the storm tonight through Saturday night. The other models do not kill Karen, but none of them forecasted the northward jog that will bring Karen into higher wind shear sooner. There is about a 50% chance Karen will be gone by Sunday, destroyed by wind shear.

If Karen survives, an ominous possibility arises--a ridge of high pressure is expected to build over the eastern U.S. and western Atlantic, forcing Karen westward towards the U.S. An anticyclone with low wind shear might build over the storm, creating an environment favorable for intensification of Karen into a hurricane. The path Karen might take late next week is highly uncertain. The high pressure ridge expected to build to the north of Karen will be quite strong, which might force Karen westward into Florida, or even west-south-westward through the Bahamas and into Cuba. There will be several small "short wave" troughs moving through the ridge that may be able to turn Karen more northwesterly towards New England, though. Still another uncertainty is the possibility of a new tropical, subtropical, or extratropical cyclone forming off the coast of North Carolina on Sunday or Monday, something now predicted by all of the computer models. Some of the models take this new storm north-eastward out to sea, which would create a weakness in the ridge that would pull Karen northward. However, most of the models predict that the new storm will move west or west-southwest over Georgia or Florida. A storm-storm interaction between Karen and the new storm might ensue, an event the models are poor at handling.

In short, this is a very complicated situation, and we'll just have to wait and see how it unfolds

LMAO!!! I was thinking the same dag on thing. I'm like WHAT???

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: Timeline

For real! I may not be an oldie but I have been here for a year now and this board sure has changed! I opt to only discuss issues pertinent to the imigration process but sometimes other stuff. As far as my personal views about politics and whatnot, I keep to myself. I really have enjoyed this board up until now but seeing how things are going I may stop. I really care about all of you and I hate to see attacks! Can't we all just get along?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.