Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JALOVE I WAS THINKING TO MYSELF LIKE SHE MUST HAVE ONE OF THOSE BLACK AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD SHE BEEN DOWN TO JAMAICA EVERY MONTH I AINT MAD GIRL WE GOT TO DO WHAT WE CAN TO SEE OUR MAN

BLACK AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD ???? I want one of those..sign me up!! So with the benefits come some red beans and rice, collard greens, smothered pork chops and cornbread???? :lol:Are there no late fees but instead fee's if you pay ontime????

:lol::lol: Jammy, You are too damn funny...the scenarios ring so true for us as a people! Especially the late fees thing! Why do we have such an issue when it comes to doing ANYTHING on time...oh and I am speaking about myself too! My credit cards I pay on time...cause I'm too cheap to pay their crazy fees. But just going to an event and getting there on time is a problem! :whistle: I am seriously always on BP time! :lol::lol: And in JA. oh forget it...it's even worst. Like I'm not leaving to go to any function in JA, until at least an 2 hours after the start time! It's crazy :blink:, but I always seem to be getting there with the crowd!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill,

Me mussi need fi join the club..cause I hate being late HATE it...I hate when ppl have me wait on them. I have a friend who wants u to arrive 15mins early and she not even bathe yet..ticks me off...so mi tell her mi a come and reach there 1hr later :) she mussi mad..mi fi come sidung and wait fi u...kiss teeth...!

JALOVE I WAS THINKING TO MYSELF LIKE SHE MUST HAVE ONE OF THOSE BLACK AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD SHE BEEN DOWN TO JAMAICA EVERY MONTH I AINT MAD GIRL WE GOT TO DO WHAT WE CAN TO SEE OUR MAN

BLACK AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD ???? I want one of those..sign me up!! So with the benefits come some red beans and rice, collard greens, smothered pork chops and cornbread???? :lol:Are there no late fees but instead fee's if you pay ontime????

:lol::lol: Jammy, You are too damn funny...the scenarios ring so true for us as a people! Especially the late fees thing! Why do we have such an issue when it comes to doing ANYTHING on time...oh and I am speaking about myself too! My credit cards I pay on time...cause I'm too cheap to pay their crazy fees. But just going to an event and getting there on time is a problem! :whistle: I am seriously always on BP time! :lol::lol: And in JA. oh forget it...it's even worst. Like I'm not leaving to go to any function in JA, until at least an 2 hours after the start time! It's crazy :blink:, but I always seem to be getting there with the crowd!

Gill

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL!! :lol: Come Aboard Sis...cause truss mi...I have been burnt too many times before. Mi kill miself fi reach, jus fi wait! So I just joined the bandwagon. Mi nah lie yuh...IN JA. If party start at 10pm...mi not rolling up til 1 or 2am. I just went to my cousins wedding not too long ago suppose fi start at 4:30..I didn't get there til 5:30...she limo never pull up til 6:15pm!!!

It's just when other people don't understand BP time and get there on time, I feel bad! I started getting into the habit of telling my family fi come 2 hours earlier than dinner actully serve, just fi mek sure dem reach by the time dinner pon the table! :lol:

Gill,

Me mussi need fi join the club..cause I hate being late HATE it...I hate when ppl have me wait on them. I have a friend who wants u to arrive 15mins early and she not even bathe yet..ticks me off...so mi tell her mi a come and reach there 1hr later :) she mussi mad..mi fi come sidung and wait fi u...kiss teeth...!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
NEW TOPIC!!

Anyway, moving on to more pleasant things...

Did anyone see the 'Heroes' Premiere last night? It was off the hook!! I love that show!

Gill

No I didn't get a chance b/c I had to work last night. I do have it on my DVR to I will watch it later this week along w/ Prison Break.

I'll be watching it online later this week or on SciFi network (I think they replay it on Friday and the following Monday afternoon). If I didn't feel compelled to get caught up on VJ, I would be watching it right now :lol::lol:

I watched it last night and it was good. Can't wait to see what's going to happen to Peter!!!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Have any of the black women on here dated or been in a serious relationship with a white man or another "color"?? If not..........why not ????

Nope, never even dated any other nationality apart from Jamaican before my husband!!

I don't find white men physically attractive, and I don't seem to have anything in common with black men who aren't Jamaican....

I feel you on that! My ex-husband was African-American and bwoy that was a mess! He hated being around my family, couldn't understand why my family was so important to me. Hated the food, Couldn't stand the music, thought the culture and history were #######...so I basically gave up all things Yard & tried to change who I was for him. So eventually that didn't work cause I didn't recognize myself anymore. The crazy thing was I didn't even realize I had done it until I met Ken.

I tell Ken all the time...I am so happy you're a Yardie and he looks at me crazy :blink:, then smiles and says 'Seen' :yes:! I honestly don't think I could ever be with a non-Jamaican man again. I almost hate myself for saying it (cause it does sound rather ignorant), but it's the truth...my family, food, music, culture and history are just way too important to me...it is me! :yes:

(Sorry for the rambling...feeling a likkle philosophical dis morning :lol::lol: )

(L) Gill

Gill I feel the same way. I never dated outside of my race but have been w/ ppl w/ different nationalities (Jamaican, Belizean, African, Bahamian, and Haitian) but I have to admit I always knew when it was time to settle down it would always be a JA'n. When I was younger I use to try to talk to African-American men but we didn't have anything in common, never had anything serious never got to that point. It was weird and some thought I just love foreign men. It wasn't that but it just seemed like we could connect on a different level. A couple of my cousins moved to CA and ME and recently came back. They both say this family is too JA'n, so I asked what is that suppose to mean. I figure they must thing ppl should change b/c they not in JA anymore, but it's us...it's who we are and I'm not ashame of it at all!!

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
Yeah Nan, for those two that's exactly what it meant. I think because it was in red...but then again I could be wrong. Which is what I love about the show...it keeps you guessing!

Gill

I was wondering the same thing too. Who is "them"? I guess we will see how that plays out.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
LOL!! :lol: Come Aboard Sis...cause truss mi...I have been burnt too many times before. Mi kill miself fi reach, jus fi wait! So I just joined the bandwagon. Mi nah lie yuh...IN JA. If party start at 10pm...mi not rolling up til 1 or 2am. I just went to my cousins wedding not too long ago suppose fi start at 4:30..I didn't get there til 5:30...she limo never pull up til 6:15pm!!!

It's just when other people don't understand BP time and get there on time, I feel bad! I started getting into the habit of telling my family fi come 2 hours earlier than dinner actully serve, just fi mek sure dem reach by the time dinner pon the table! :lol:

Gill,

Gill

Ya'll funny! Girl I'm late to EVERYTHING and when it's time to go I'm the one speeding, dodging and swerving from lane to lane... :lol: I was talking to Jilly (ChristineJames) about a party the other day and told her I usually leave out the house @ 1:00am. She was like no way...that time is for bed.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
Well the reason they stare is a whole nother issue, we won't go into on here. At least not today.

And what exactly does that mean, Marlita?

Just means that there could be so many reasons Black women stare thats its too hard to type the long history on here.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Question????? Please help.

Do pre-existing medical conditions follow from Jamaica to the US? A's daughter is currently hospitalized and may have a heart condition. We want to bring her here...but I'm afraid that she will not be able to be covered under my medical coverage if they find out she already had the heart condition. Do you have any idea on whether the medical exam in Kingston for the visa will include this info?

Andre has sickle cell. He actually had an episode before I even looked into insurance for him. We spent the entire day in the ER. It has not hampered any coverage for him. My insurance coverage backdated to the date of our wedding.

Oh I feel for Andre. I have sickle cell, actually I have a strong gene of the trait, so I dont't get bad episodes, but I do get bad times. It runs in my family and has affented me, my dad, and grandfather really bad. I notice I do better in warmer climates. Do you guys live in a cold area? That tends to make the cells reshape much faster.

Timeline
Don't quote me..but congenital diseases cannot be classified as pre-existing because you were not "fine" before birth. If so then ppl with heart problems would get no coverage..i should say congenital heart problems. That's why some cancers are classied as pre-existing..gosh I hope I remember correctly.

That's also why the sickle wouldn't have posed a problem. Some cancer patients can't even get coverage and when they do they pay a arm and a leg...ridiculous

Very true! You cant deny someone with sickle cell cause they were born with it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HEHE yes i am!!! if i had extra!! money i even treat u to ticket!!! i wish i did i need partner in crime!! :blush:

ok gill let me be good ok ... stay home!! dont listen to mi!! im too spontaneous for my own good sometimes you will be there in Dec...and that soon come faster than u know :) i wish i could sleep till Oct 11!! till i get on the airplane lol its killin me bein here!! every day i cross off the days on my calendar i almost was going to go again this weekend!!! im terrible....if i lived in florida im sure id be there every other weekend im abt to apply for a job there ive been waitin and waitin for them to post one in florida for my field and it popped up today :)

JA...If you come to Florida, let me know. I'll be right behind you on a plane in October. Going home Oct. 12th, returning Oct. 14th with hubby :dance:

FYI - OK ladies, I was trying to keep my mouth, but I am never successful with that sometimes :lol::lol: and if I kept this, you would all kill me. Hubby got his call from Airpak today; they have his passport and envelope from the embassy. Unfortunately, he wasn't home to accept the package so they are going to attempt delivery tomorrow or Friday evening :dance::dance: . Now I am kicking myself for pushing the deadline to Oct. Being a man of honor (so proud of him :wub: ), he is keeping his word to his job that he will be there until Oct. 12th.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Timeline
HEHE yes i am!!! if i had extra!! money i even treat u to ticket!!! i wish i did i need partner in crime!! :blush:

ok gill let me be good ok ... stay home!! dont listen to mi!! im too spontaneous for my own good sometimes you will be there in Dec...and that soon come faster than u know :) i wish i could sleep till Oct 11!! till i get on the airplane lol its killin me bein here!! every day i cross off the days on my calendar i almost was going to go again this weekend!!! im terrible....if i lived in florida im sure id be there every other weekend im abt to apply for a job there ive been waitin and waitin for them to post one in florida for my field and it popped up today :)

JA...If you come to Florida, let me know. I'll be right behind you on a plane in October. Going home Oct. 12th, returning Oct. 14th with hubby :dance:

FYI - OK ladies, I was trying to keep my mouth, but I am never successful with that sometimes :lol::lol: and if I kept this, you would all kill me. Hubby got his call from Airpak today; they have his passport and envelope from the embassy. Unfortunately, he wasn't home to accept the package so they are going to attempt delivery tomorrow or Friday evening :dance::dance: . Now I am kicking myself for pushing the deadline to Oct. Being a man of honor (so proud of him :wub: ), he is keeping his word to his job that he will be there until Oct. 12th.

JA I KNOW U ARE SO HAPPY

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yaya!!! congrats AGAIN dat was fast im smiling from ear to ear for you !! ill miss u by one day going :( im leavin out on the 11th and come back on the 17th!

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
First of all, I want to tell you guys that my internet here is really screwed up. If I can post at all, it is doing double and triple. Sorry for that.

Now, on to my crazy husband...........We spent yesterday together shopping, a movie, dinner. So, we go into this gigantic sporting goods store called Cabela's. As we are checking out, Andre says "when we are ready to buy a house, I want one with a big fire place and I want to put one of those above it." He points to these huge deer, boar, and bear heads mounted all over the walls. I'm like are you crazy???????? I am not having some beedy eyed dead animal staring at me all the time. No freakin' way! He says, "I've always wanted one of those". I'm like "you didnt' even have heat in Jamaican, let alone a fire place. How could you want one of those?????"

Geeeezzzzzzz....I swear, some of the things he comes up with sometimes.

LMAO ur right may wake up in middle of night and swear its alive!! hehe what if the eye moves id flee the house quickly lol im scary

:lol::lol: JG - That was too funny. I couldn't imagine looking up and seeing that thing staring at you on the couch :lol::lol:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.