Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the passport and the 1-94 sufficient to apply for a SSN?

Finesse,

That's what we plan on using to apply for SSN. It's been recommended to wait 10 business days before applying. This give immigrations enough time to load the information into SAVE (their system).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Is the passport and the 1-94 sufficient to apply for a SSN?

Finesse,

That's what we plan on using to apply for SSN. It's been recommended to wait 10 business days before applying. This give immigrations enough time to load the information into SAVE (their system).

yup...wait at least 10 days...we waited like a month just to make sure..

Grey's starts this Thursday along with CSI :unsure: and i don't have tivo :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey all......I listened to the automated system that our case was reviewed and is missing forms and is incomplete as of 9/20/07.....now the IV bill was generated on 9/17.......well I called back and talked to the operator and she said that the missing document was the IV bill......which I haven't even received in the mail yet.......But at least I know that we are moving right along! :thumbs:

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Hey all......I listened to the automated system that our case was reviewed and is missing forms and is incomplete as of 9/20/07.....now the IV bill was generated on 9/17.......well I called back and talked to the operator and she said that the missing document was the IV bill......which I haven't even received in the mail yet.......But at least I know that we are moving right along! :thumbs:

That's good to hear Tonya!!!!

Timeline

that's great!!! :dance:

Timeline

well some sad news today in the Francis household.....our likkle guinea pig Rasta died either sometime last night or this morning :( ..mike noticed his eye was crusted shut so i called the vet yesterday and he was supposed to go this morning but he passed away...i didn't think i would be as upset as i was when i found him...when i called the vet i broke down because he was a likkle baby and i should have acted sooner....

Sorry Shauna!! When I was a kid (okay, I was at least 13) my guinea pig Bumstead died. Well, I think I sprayed too much Lysol in his cage and killed him. He used to sleep right next to my bed.....that night I noticed he really wasn' t moving too much so I put him in my sisters room for that night -- then I blamed her for killing him. I think to this day she still thinks she did something wrong. :blush:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
I said INJUSTICE..not black injustice..i'm not speaking on black verses white. it's how can u attempt to shoot someone and u get ur ### kicked and u get $1500 bond and the kid who beat u up gets attempted murder charge. Do u know how it all started ? the comments that were made by the DA and the judge ? anyone who pulls a gun better be ready to get their ### beat. He got beat so badly he went to a formal party that same night..please ! PLus they got expelled from school (THE BLACK) kids. Punishment should be given, it should also fit the crime.

[

Fi true. Wow, I guess I need to watch some TV that's just a damn shame. :angry:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
Sorry Shauna!! When I was a kid (okay, I was at least 13) my guinea pig Bumstead died. Well, I think I sprayed too much Lysol in his cage and killed him. He used to sleep right next to my bed.....that night I noticed he really wasn' t moving too much so I put him in my sisters room for that night -- then I blamed her for killing him. I think to this day she still thinks she did something wrong. :blush:

you too much lysol never.... :lol:

i feel like i should have acted faster..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well some sad news today in the Francis household.....our likkle guinea pig Rasta died either sometime last night or this morning :( ..mike noticed his eye was crusted shut so i called the vet yesterday and he was supposed to go this morning but he passed away...i didn't think i would be as upset as i was when i found him...when i called the vet i broke down because he was a likkle baby and i should have acted sooner....

Ohhh Girl I am so sorry. People don't realize that pets become a big part of our family. Don't blame yourself...it was probably just his time and unfortunately, they can't talk to us so you had no way of knowing. Just remember the good times that he shared in the house and how much joy he brought your family. Rasta and your family will be in my prayers today.

Blessed love,

Gill (L)

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

BTW Guys...

CVS is having a sale this week on phonecards buy one, get one free!!! ;) I usually buy the $20 dollar one and I get 131 minutes calling to a JA. cellphone. Plus, if you renew it with CVS they add 10% more minutes...it's a good deal! It's the Sprint INTERNATIONAL phone cards in CVS. Make sure you get the INTERNATIONAL one.

Happy calling :D ,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol: Mindy, you are so funny.

Hello VJ family.

Timeline
, al

NEW TOPIC!!

Anyway, moving on to move pleasant things...

Did anyone see the 'Heroes' Premiere last night? It was off the hook!! I love that show!

Gill

nope it must be a great show u guys mentioned it several times im have to add that to the list of tivo shows my fav is greys anatomy and they have a spinoff starting from that on Wed called private practice, taye diggs is in , all his tv shows seem to get canceled!

LOL :lol: ...you are too Funny, JA! But it's true Taye does seem to be the kiss of death to tv series. I like Grey's Anatomy too. But I haven't been keeping up on it lately...you know the deal..too busy working and we don't have tivo out here yet :angry:

Gill

PS- Add Heroes to your Tivo list..you won't be disappointed :thumbs:

i thought it was good last night...you may have to explain some thing to me though....what is it what the eyes and the red lines between the eyes??? i only watched some of the first season so just wondering....and the cops daughter i guess she has powers as well???

i am excited about Private Practice(spin off from grey's) it looks good....

Ok Nanny,

The Heroes symbol... started with the Kensei (Japanese story) and means the evolution of beings into 'Heroes' the full extent of the symbol has not been revealed completely yet.

The little girl is not the cops daughter. She was found and protected by the cop and Mohinder Suresh (Professor's son), because she has the ability to track down all other 'Heroes' wherever they maybe in the world. So, it looks like the symbol is going to play a big part in this season.

I am very excited about it...it looks as if the second season is going to be just as good as the first! :thumbs:

So keep watching!

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.