Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Before I make a comment why exactly r u tired of Rhonda ?

I'm not even gonna open that can of worms.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is for sure. Have to support the fight for justice no matter the dawg gone color of ur skin

Let me ask you this, how would you feel if you were the mother of the kid who got beat up? Would you want the bully's to get away with it and get no punishment whatsoever? Those 6 boys were in the wrong no matter how you look at it.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

at the end of this school year I AM MOVING TO JAMAICA! Its a big decision but one that will be awesome for us I think. Now..what about jobs?

Wow, that's a big decision! Good luck with the restaurant. Where is it going to be? We will have to send you some VJ business! I don't think you should feel bad about getting a job down there. That's going to be your new home so you need to support yourself.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That is for sure. Have to support the fight for justice no matter the dawg gone color of ur skin

Let me ask you this, how would you feel if you were the mother of the kid who got beat up? Would you want the bully's to get away with it and get no punishment whatsoever? Those 6 boys were in the wrong no matter how you look at it.

Oh Lord! This doesn't sound good.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Does anyone have any tips or suggestions about how to "organize" the I-129f before I send it in? I read somewhere to include a cover letter outlining what's in it and some other suggestions but I can't remember where I saw that now? :wacko: I'm going to JA on friday to see my fiance and was hoping to send it in when I got back.

Is there a link or a site that tells you how to put the petition together. I want to make it as easy to read as possible! LOL

Any advice would be great, thanks!

Hey tnw - the info you're looking for is in the K1 guide: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Thanks...I used the link you gave and found what I needed. Is there anything else my fiance needs to sign or obtain while I'm in JA this week? We already did the G-325's, the letters of intent and got the passport photos. Can anybody think of anything else? I made copies of my boarding passes, passport etc. from my trip down there in July. I have other secondary evidence too but I just don't want to overdo it you know?

It sounds like you have it covered. If you are filing the "fiance" visa, you don't have to worry so much about proof of realtionship right now. Start saving htat stuff for later.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

I don't think you EVER heard anyone condone the boys for the fighting...nor say that they shouldn't be punished. It is all about the inequality of punishment in society mainly where it involves black males. Don't say you don't want to open up a can of worms then make a statement like this because that is EXACTLY what you wanted to do! In answer to your question...If my son had gotten beaten up I would first be angry and would want the ones involved punished. If the punishment was for attempted murder for a street fight where my son had a black eye and wasn't hospitalized...was able to attend a school function the same night...had no major injuries such as broken or fractured bones then I would want an assault charge filed but not attempted MURDER for teenage boys when the shoe could have easily been on the other shoe being that my son is black also....now IF I WAS WHITE...I may have the feelings of many whites of white priviledge thus yes I would want them tried for ATTEMPTED MURDER and then I would also see nothing wrong with the 3 nooses hanging from the tree and maybe make jokes that "oh, don't take it so seriously...they were only playing" or see no wrong in the incidents of the black boys being charged for theft of a gun because they restled it from the white boy who was threatening to shoot them. I really hope you look further at situations than the surface as to only see that the boys were wrong and that the protest were about them having no punishment!

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

I don't think you EVER heard anyone condone the boys for the fighting...nor say that they shouldn't be punished. It is all about the inequality of punishment in society mainly where it involves black males. Don't say you don't want to open up a can of worms then make a statement like this because that is EXACTLY what you wanted to do! In answer to your question...If my son had gotten beaten up I would first be angry and would want the ones involved punished. If the punishment was for attempted murder for a street fight where my son had a black eye and wasn't hospitalized...was able to attend a school function the same night...had no major injuries such as broken or fractured bones then I would want an assault charge filed but not attempted MURDER for teenage boys when the shoe could have easily been on the other shoe being that my son is black also....now IF I WAS WHITE...I may have the feelings of many whites of white priviledge thus yes I would want them tried for ATTEMPTED MURDER and then I would also see nothing wrong with the 3 nooses hanging from the tree and maybe make jokes that "oh, don't take it so seriously...they were only playing" or see no wrong in the incidents of the black boys being charged for theft of a gun because they restled it from the white boy who was threatening to shoot them. I really hope you look further at situations than the surface as to only see that the boys were wrong and that the protest were about them having no punishment!

All I ORIGINALLY said was that I was sick and tired of hearing about it all over the news. That's it. But you guys just couldn't leave it alone. So, now my opinion is out there. I'm tired of people turning everything into a "racial" issue.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All I ORIGINALLY said was that I was sick and tired of hearing about it all over the news. That's it. But you guys just couldn't leave it alone. So, now my opinion is out there. I'm tired of people turning everything into a "racial" issue.

Rhonda,

Yuh aguh mek mi cus some bad words right ya now...AWHADDIBUMBACLAAT yuh talking bout...make everything into a 'racial' issue.

Rhonda, THIS IS A RACIAL ISSUE!!! Put it this way, if all the kids involved in this incident had been white, the kids that started the fight would have been suspended...POSSIBLY expelled. But most definitely not charged with ATTEMPTED MURDER!!!!!

What part of a NOOSE is NOT a racial issue? We didn't turn it into a racial issue...THEY DID!!!

As a mother of TWO little black boys, I can not seat back and not find indignation in the actions of the Jena DA. Rhonda, do you know what we as black mothers face in America? We have a 1 in 4 chance of our black sons being incarcerated by the age of 18...ONE in FOUR, Rhonda!!!! That's mean I got a 50/50 shot of neither of my sons being locked up, over some foolishness, like what was displayed in Jena. How dare he value the life of a white boy over the lives of the black ones. In my view those 6 black boys are HEROES to some extent...they had the courage to sit under the 'white' only tree in an effort to make changes in that town and what do they get for it...25-LIFE???? Are you serious??? I do follow the non-violence teachings of Dr. King and Ghandi, and do not condone their actions to beat up the white boy...However, all we are asking for is EQUAL treatment for those black boys...not the equivilent of a death sentence!

Rhonda, I am going to assume that you are not well read on this issue and just chalk it up to pure ignorance on your part. However, I HIGHLY recommend the next time you want to go say something as hurtful and mean as 'people turning everything into a "racial" issue', you do your research first!

Bwoy, it must be so nice to sit back and view everything through your rose colored glasses!

So, like you suggested put the top on this can of worms and LEAVE IT ALONE!!!! Like my Granny used to say..."Nuh chat bout tings, yuh nuh know bout!"

Gillian

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

thanks for all the support and love about moving ladies!!

I just know it will only get harder to plan the move from here. You have had wonderful insights and suggestions and it makes me crazy excited :)

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

NEW TOPIC!!

Anyway, moving on to more pleasant things...

Did anyone see the 'Heroes' Premiere last night? It was off the hook!! I love that show!

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
, al

NEW TOPIC!!

Anyway, moving on to move pleasant things...

Did anyone see the 'Heroes' Premiere last night? It was off the hook!! I love that show!

Gill

nope it must be a great show u guys mentioned it several times im have to add that to the list of tivo shows my fav is greys anatomy and they have a spinoff starting from that on Wed called private practice, taye diggs is in , all his tv shows seem to get canceled!

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline
, al

NEW TOPIC!!

Gill

nope it must be a great show u guys mentioned it several times im have to add that to the list of tivo shows my fav is greys anatomy and they have a spinoff starting from that on Wed called private practice, taye diggs is in , all his tv shows seem to get canceled!

LOL :lol: ...you are too Funny, JA! But it's true Taye does seem to be the kiss of death to tv series. I like Grey's Anatomy too. But I haven't been keeping up on it lately...you know the deal..too busy working and we don't have tivo out here yet :angry:

Gill

PS- Add Heroes to your Tivo list..you won't be disappointed :thumbs:

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
, al

NEW TOPIC!!

Gill

LOL :lol: ...you are too Funny, JA! But it's true Taye does seem to be the kiss of death to tv series. I like Grey's Anatomy too. But I haven't been keeping up on it lately...you know the deal..too busy working and we don't have tivo out here yet :angry:

Gill

too late! added already just now! it comes on saturday oh boy time to go to work to make this extra dough i just wanna lay here :( im trying to do 20 hours extra this week then pass out sat even till monday!! and finish also gettin all my secondary evidence together for the interview!! yall know i got alot!!! i been down there to visit dec, jan, mar, apr, may, june, july, sept!!!! i cant stay away

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
, al

NEW TOPIC!!

Gill

Gill

i thought it was good last night...you may have to explain some thing to me though....what is it what the eyes and the red lines between the eyes??? i only watched some of the first season so just wondering....and the cops daughter i guess she has powers as well???

i am excited about Private Practice(spin off from grey's) it looks good....

Timeline

I said INJUSTICE..not black injustice..i'm not speaking on black verses white. it's how can u attempt to shoot someone and u get ur ### kicked and u get $1500 bond and the kid who beat u up gets attempted murder charge. Do u know how it all started ? the comments that were made by the DA and the judge ? anyone who pulls a gun better be ready to get their ### beat. He got beat so badly he went to a formal party that same night..please ! PLus they got expelled from school (THE BLACK) kids. Punishment should be given, it should also fit the crime.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.