Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VISA RECEIVED!!!!! Finally!! My baby will be here tonight!! Am I dreaming????

Congrats, finesse, I'm so happy for you!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Looks like I came back at just the right time. :D

He's coming tonight? You got his ticket already? My goodness, that must have cost a lot... You must be dancing. Nothing beats that moment when you spot him at the airport. (L)(F)(L)(F)

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I forgot to mention/ask advice about this.

The Miami POE kept the whole packet that Marlon presented to them. Any chance that we may get it back? It's not a big deal as Marlon has an extra copy of his BC. I know that we have to submit the certified copy of our marriage license for AOS and I only paid for one, it was $18.50. The lady at the court advised me to use it first to change my name and for my SS card and passport name change before we send it for AOS. Does that sound about right?

Also Kelly (Luvtrav) Marlon will be emailing you if he hasn't done so already in order for his dad and step mom to book some tickets through you for Jamaica.

I told you they were going to keep it. That's the main reason I advise everyone to have their SO get an extra BC before they leave jamaica.

It sounds right, Sarah. I needed my certified marriage certificate to change my name on everything: SSN, DL, Passport, credit cards, the bank....and for a few misc. things like health insurance, car insurance,and life insurance, etc..........I would really advise you get at least one more copy so you have less to worry about. With the passport, I had to mail it off and HOPE it came back safe and sound. It did, btw!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
In case anyone is interested:

Three days of 'Curefest' in western Jamaica

published: Thursday | September 20, 2007

Reggae artiste Jah Cure addresses journalists at the launch of 'Curefest', a series of concerts, at the Cable and Wireless Golf Acadamy on Tuesday. - Colin Hamilton/Freelance Photographer

Singer Jah Cure will make his first major performance in Jamaica since his release from prison on the third and last day of his very own 'Curefest', slated for Friday, October 12, to Sunday, October 14, in Trelawny and St. James.

And when he performs on Longing For, the climactic concert at the Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium in Greenwood, he will be far from alone. Dennis Howard of Jahmento Productions outlined an extensive line-up of performers to those gathered for the official 'Curefest' launch at the Cable and Wireless Golf Academy, New Kingston, on Tuesday evening.

Among the nearly 50 scheduled performers are Morgan Heritage, Cocoa Tea, Lady Saw, George Nooks, Tarrus Riley, Beenie Man, Bounty Killer, Capleton, Ninja Man, Queen Ifrika, Barrington Levy, TOK, Wayne Marshall, Mavado and Prodigal Son. Howard also announced that Beres Hammond is the big surprise for 'Curefest'.

Line of performers

Hammond is not the only standout performer whose name was not on the screen who will also be a part of 'Curefest', as Karen Smith will be performing, along with Etana and Live Wyya, at the festival opening 'Reflections', an all-white birthday party for Jah Cure, which will be hosted by the singer at the Starfish Hotel in Trelawny.

On Saturday, October 13, the festival moves to Pier 1 in Montego Bay, St. James, for '45 Cures', a selector spin-off which will pit radio disc jockeys against sound systems and selectors. Among those who will play are Danger Zone, ZJ Liquid, Black Chiney, DJ Wayne, Little Richie, DJ Sunshine, Sky Juice, DJ Sparks, Stone Love, ZJ Nikki Z, Fire Links and ZJ Chrome.

Guest speaker Leachim Semaj, using examples from the books of James, John and Matthew in the Bible, noted that "talent is neutral". He said that while the talent that you have is God's gift to you, what you do with that talent is your gift to God."

President of the Jamaica Federation of Musicians (JFM) Desi Young said: "On behalf of the JFM, this is an endorsement of talent that has impressed, but the circumstances led to some absence. The fraternity is united in its support for this artiste (Jah Cure) going forward, showcasing this talent that the world has come to gravitate to."

Allan Green of the Western Society for the Upliftment of Children, which along with the Alpha Boys School will benefit from 'Curefest' gave thanks for the "timely donation".

This is tearing my heart out! I absolutely love Jah Cure. A sings his songs for me all the time. Now, I'm remembering us sitting a the cliff side resturant Pirate Cove in Negril at night. We were the only two there...and he was just staring at me. He started singing Love Is first...then he started singing True Reflections (which is my all time favorite)...and I just sat there with tears streaming down my face. When I was done, he gently wiped the tears away with his thumbs...then he kissed my face where ever the tears had flown.

Then they have the nerve to add my other husband Beenie Man, and Beres Hammond to the show. I can't believe it! I am so sad right now. I can't even imagine a night filled with all my favorite men around me...and I have to miss it because of responsibilities. Not to mention it is 5 days before my birthday...

Thank you for all your wonderful support and words of encouragement. I still feel so empty and lonely. Every time I talk to A...I just want to ball up and cry. I miss seeing his smile...I miss him absentmindedly stroking my legs while we watch a movie...I miss him attempting to "canerow" my hair...I miss standing in front of him with his arm draped around me to pull me closer...while our favorite music is played at Priory Beach. DAMNITTHISSHITISHARD! :crying::crying::crying::(:(

Oh, girl.....you are breaking my heart. I feel for you cause I remember all those feelings of lonliness too. Thinking it would never end. Hating every minute of it.

Is there anything you can do to occupy your time? I am a scrapbooker. I took to card making to fill my time, make my mind focus on something else, and keep my hands busy. I made batches of 8....1 to mail to Andre and 7 to keep to sell later. He took a shoebox full of cards to the embassy for his interview. He told me the best part of his days was going ot the post office to pick up his mail. And, the ladies at the post office made him bring me in so they could see who made the lovely cards. They were sad when I stopped mailing cause we knew he had a visa. When Andre got here, I had made probably a tousand cards. This past year plus, I've sold hundreds of cards. It's been a win-win situation.

I PROMISE you it will get better. Have faith. Be strong. And hang in there.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Good luck Sarah with trying to find someone who will braid cheap :thumbs: Maybe Marlon will be like my hubby and after 2 months of not liking 3 different hair dressers in town he shaved it all off. :whistle:

I have to tell you guys our hair horror story........For our wedding, which was 2 weeks after Andre arrived here, he decided he had to have a haircut. At the time, we lived out in what a lot of people consider as close to the country as you can get while still living in the city. So, while I'm at work, Andre and my son ride bikes up to the local barber. This is a Big ole' country boy white guy.......I'd say it looked like he put a bowl on Andre's head and cut around it. Andre was not happy with it at all. I still laugh to this day when I see the pictures from our wedding day.

Needless to say, when we moved to the city, we found a proper barber or he made me shave it.

DC is full of black today. My co-workers and I wanted to walk down to the protest downtwon but my boss called an emergency meeting. She asked who died when she walked into the conference room :blink:

Why is everyone wearing black? This is the first I'm hearing of this. I would have thought someone died too :wacko:

I thought I read somewhere to wear green.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

The Miami POE kept the whole packet that Marlon presented to them. Any chance that we may get it back? It's not a big deal as Marlon has an extra copy of his BC. I know that we have to submit the certified copy of our marriage license for AOS and I only paid for one, it was $18.50. The lady at the court advised me to use it first to change my name and for my SS card and passport name change before we send it for AOS. Does that sound about right?

Also Kelly (Luvtrav) Marlon will be emailing you if he hasn't done so already in order for his dad and step mom to book some tickets through you for Jamaica.

I told you they were going to keep it. That's the main reason I advise everyone to have their SO get an extra BC before they leave jamaica.

It sounds right, Sarah. I needed my certified marriage certificate to change my name on everything: SSN, DL, Passport, credit cards, the bank....and for a few misc. things like health insurance, car insurance,and life insurance, etc..........I would really advise you get at least one more copy so you have less to worry about. With the passport, I had to mail it off and HOPE it came back safe and sound. It did, btw!!!!!

Our marriage license was $25.00. You will need (AFTER you get married) a copy of your marriage certificate to send with your AOS packet. Then if you get an interview, you may need the original if they chose to keep it. Craig only has 1 flippin extra of his original birth certificate, but we haven't had to use it for any reason...so far. I only needed his passport to get the marriage license and he didn't have to be present with me. Unless they will keep it if and when we get an interview?? Craig has his xray....but that didn't mean squat when he went to get his medical done because there wasn't documentation from the doctor saying anything about the xray --even though there was a stamp on the envelope from Andrews Medical and he had the doctors form filled out. Again that didn't matter when it came time to do the medical....here in our area. I haven't change my name for other reasons....so I can't help you out with that question.

Make sure you look at his medical information and check when the expiration date is that it's good for!!!

Timeline

**OFF TOPIC**

A friend sent this to me today....

Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1 : Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2 : The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3 : You will NOT make $60,000. a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4 : If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5 : Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6 : If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them!!!

Rule 7 : Before you were born, your parent(s) weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8 : Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This does NOT bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life!!!

Rule 9 : Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10 : Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11 : Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one; if you are one, congratulations on your hard work!

If you agree, pass it on.

If you can read this - Thank a teacher!

If you are reading it in English -Thank a soldier!

Timeline

Our marriage license was $25.00. You will need (AFTER you get married) a copy of your marriage certificate to send with your AOS packet. Then if you get an interview, you may need the original if they chose to keep it. Craig only has 1 flippin extra of his original birth certificate, but we haven't had to use it for any reason...so far. I only needed his passport to get the marriage license and he didn't have to be present with me. Unless they will keep it if and when we get an interview?? Craig has his xray....but that didn't mean squat when he went to get his medical done because there wasn't documentation from the doctor saying anything about the xray --even though there was a stamp on the envelope from Andrews Medical and he had the doctors form filled out. Again that didn't matter when it came time to do the medical....here in our area. I haven't change my name for other reasons....so I can't help you out with that question.

Make sure you look at his medical information and check when the expiration date is that it's good for!!!

Wow....that shows how every place is different. Andre needed his bc for the DMV, SSN, and marriage license. And, we need one when I send off to renew his passport via the NY office. Thank God I now have enough to paper the bathroom walls with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

A thought of the day for you ladies:

Attitude

There once was a woman who woke up one morning,

looked in the mirror,

and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.

Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today?"

So she did

and

she

had

a

wonderful

day.

The next day she woke up,

looked in the mirror

and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.

"H-M-M," she said,

"I think I'll part my hair down the middle today?"

So she did

and

she

had

a

grand

day.

looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.

"Well," she said,

"today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail."

So she did

and

she

had

a

fun,

fun

day.

looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.

"YEA!" she exclaimed,

"I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything.

Be kinder than necessary,

for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Live simply,

Love generously,

Care deeply,

Speak kindly.......

Leave the rest to God

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here is a picture of a Jamaican 40 leg http://www.peleyard.com/Jamaica%202007/Ani.../40%20Legs.html and other Jamaican animals.

Seeing that picture made my skin crawl :blink:

Rhaatid!!! mine too!! Mi tink me saw one adem 40 leg tings while in JA :unsure:

Ok, some of you may know that pregnant women have really weird dreams. Well, last night I dreamt of this stupid 40 leg bug :o It was awful!! It looked like the picture, only bigger! I was beating at it with a shoe trying to kill it. No more pics for me :no:

Ohhh...Poor Rhonda...no more creepy things for you ATALL!!! :lol::no:

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Woo-hoo Excellent news Finesse Congrats...Congrats Congrats!! Last weekend KK...this weekend you!! Well have a WONDERFUL weekend and enjoy your togetherness...FINALLY!! :dance::dance::yes:(L)

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I tried to change my name with my marriage cert and DMV told me they couldn't cause it was out of the country but the passport office took it...so at one point my passport and drivers license were in dif names

Wow....that shows how every place is different. Andre needed his bc for the DMV, SSN, and marriage license. And, we need one when I send off to renew his passport via the NY office. Thank God I now have enough to paper the bathroom walls with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Finesse..it's about time ... :dance::dance::dance:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thank you for all your wonderful support and words of encouragement. I still feel so empty and lonely. Every time I talk to A...I just want to ball up and cry. I miss seeing his smile...I miss him absentmindedly stroking my legs while we watch a movie...I miss him attempting to "canerow" my hair...I miss standing in front of him with his arm draped around me to pull me closer...while our favorite music is played at Priory Beach. DAMNITTHISSHITISHARD! :crying::crying::crying::(:(

A few things that helped me while I was waiting: I had lots of pics of Tony around the house and in my purse so I could look at them whenever I missed him. I saved a few of his voicemails and I would replay them when I wanted to hear his voice. He gave me one of his shirts and I would sleep in it or with it to feel closer to him. We also talked to each other every day, usually 3 or 4 times a day even if only for a few minutes. You can also try doing things around your house to prepare for his arrival - make some room in the closets or dresser, buy him a toothbrush, razor, shaving cream, etc.. pick up some Jamaican food items for him.....

And of course, come on VJ and vent to all of us!!

I am talking to him about 2 or 3 times a day...with the shortest call being about 20 minutes. LOL. The longest call we had was 4 1/2 hours straight! (that's when we really talked about crossing the friendship line :yes: )

It seems like the more I talk to him though...my insides just twist and turn and hurt as soon as I'm not talking to him. I was going to start preparing for his arrival...but I haven't even started the process yet. I have photo upon photo of him everywhere...even in the bathroom. kikiki. I'm actually feeling a little better now that I got it out and off my chest. I have been practicing my Jamaican culinary skills too...and I must say that I have been doing the damn thing! The kids love it too...especially my picky little 5 year old Jamerican. I will start shopping for items for him...never too early for toiletries.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations Finesse! You guys are not wasting time with the airline tickets. Will this be the new trend? (I did the SAME thing back in the day LOL and paid a grip for that one-way ticket!) I'm happy for u both!

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
First thing Andre did was buy this piece of junk stereo at a yard sale so he could rig it with all kinds of speakers and blow out our house. Beware...........................

I have a Bose surround sound system at home, and I swear I thought Tony was going to blow out my speakers :wacko: He's constantly turning it up and I'm constantly turning it back down :lol:

I love my music. WHen I'm at home I like to listen to some while I cook, clean and chill around the house.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.