Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here is a picture of a Jamaican 40 leg http://www.peleyard.com/Jamaica%202007/Ani.../40%20Legs.html and other Jamaican animals.

Seeing that picture made my skin crawl :blink:

Rhaatid!!! mine too!! Mi tink me saw one adem 40 leg tings while in JA :unsure:

I told Andre about our 40 leg discussions. He went on forever last night with horror stories of those things. He said I HAD to have seen them when I stayed. Glad I do not remember them.

In case anyone is interested:

Singer Jah Cure will make his first major performance in Jamaica since his release from prison on the third and last day of his very own 'Curefest', slated for Friday, October 12, to Sunday, October 14, in Trelawny and St. James.

Among the nearly 50 scheduled performers are Morgan Heritage, Cocoa Tea, Lady Saw, George Nooks, Tarrus Riley, Beenie Man, Bounty Killer, Capleton, Ninja Man, Queen Ifrika, Barrington Levy, TOK, Wayne Marshall, Mavado and Prodigal Son. Howard also announced that Beres Hammond is the big surprise for 'Curefest'.

What a ting!! It was being advertised every where. I wish we could be inna de place!

Last show I went to see was at Pier 1. I so wish I was going to be there for this one. (Sigh!)

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Three days of 'Curefest' in western Jamaica

published: Thursday | September 20, 2007

Reggae artiste Jah Cure addresses journalists at the launch of 'Curefest', a series of concerts, at the Cable and Wireless Golf Acadamy on Tuesday. - Colin Hamilton/Freelance Photographer

Singer Jah Cure will make his first major performance in Jamaica since his release from prison on the third and last day of his very own 'Curefest', slated for Friday, October 12, to Sunday, October 14, in Trelawny and St. James.

And when he performs on Longing For, the climactic concert at the Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium in Greenwood, he will be far from alone. Dennis Howard of Jahmento Productions outlined an extensive line-up of performers to those gathered for the official 'Curefest' launch at the Cable and Wireless Golf Academy, New Kingston, on Tuesday evening.

Among the nearly 50 scheduled performers are Morgan Heritage, Cocoa Tea, Lady Saw, George Nooks, Tarrus Riley, Beenie Man, Bounty Killer, Capleton, Ninja Man, Queen Ifrika, Barrington Levy, TOK, Wayne Marshall, Mavado and Prodigal Son. Howard also announced that Beres Hammond is the big surprise for 'Curefest'.

Line of performers

Hammond is not the only standout performer whose name was not on the screen who will also be a part of 'Curefest', as Karen Smith will be performing, along with Etana and Live Wyya, at the festival opening 'Reflections', an all-white birthday party for Jah Cure, which will be hosted by the singer at the Starfish Hotel in Trelawny.

On Saturday, October 13, the festival moves to Pier 1 in Montego Bay, St. James, for '45 Cures', a selector spin-off which will pit radio disc jockeys against sound systems and selectors. Among those who will play are Danger Zone, ZJ Liquid, Black Chiney, DJ Wayne, Little Richie, DJ Sunshine, Sky Juice, DJ Sparks, Stone Love, ZJ Nikki Z, Fire Links and ZJ Chrome.

Guest speaker Leachim Semaj, using examples from the books of James, John and Matthew in the Bible, noted that "talent is neutral". He said that while the talent that you have is God's gift to you, what you do with that talent is your gift to God."

President of the Jamaica Federation of Musicians (JFM) Desi Young said: "On behalf of the JFM, this is an endorsement of talent that has impressed, but the circumstances led to some absence. The fraternity is united in its support for this artiste (Jah Cure) going forward, showcasing this talent that the world has come to gravitate to."

Allan Green of the Western Society for the Upliftment of Children, which along with the Alpha Boys School will benefit from 'Curefest' gave thanks for the "timely donation".

OMGoodness!!! I'm so jealous!! I WANT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying::crying: That's right in Ken's backyard!! JALOVE will be down there then...I wonder if she'll go! That sounds like an AMAZING concert!!! Thanks for sharing JG...I'm calling Ken right now to tell him! (That's another $10 on October's phone bill :no: -whatcha gonna do?) This is BIG news!! We both love 'The Cure' and all those other artists...Bounty & Beenie..wata bam-bam!!!

(L) -Gill

nice looks like ill be down there around this time !!!!! :dance: Chris would love to go to that hes a music fanatic i see me having to get us some kind of radio when he gets here i dont even have one

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

Reggae artiste Jah Cure addresses journalists at the launch of 'Curefest', a series of concerts, at the Cable and Wireless Golf Acadamy on Tuesday. - Colin Hamilton/Freelance Photographer

And when he performs on Longing For, the climactic concert at the Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium in Greenwood, he will be far from alone. Dennis Howard of Jahmento Productions outlined an extensive line-up of performers to those gathered for the official 'Curefest' launch at the Cable and Wireless Golf Academy, New Kingston, on Tuesday evening.

Line of performers

Hammond is not the only standout performer whose name was not on the screen who will also be a part of 'Curefest', as Karen Smith will be performing, along with Etana and Live Wyya, at the festival opening 'Reflections', an all-white birthday party for Jah Cure, which will be hosted by the singer at the Starfish Hotel in Trelawny.

On Saturday, October 13, the festival moves to Pier 1 in Montego Bay, St. James, for '45 Cures', a selector spin-off which will pit radio disc jockeys against sound systems and selectors. Among those who will play are Danger Zone, ZJ Liquid, Black Chiney, DJ Wayne, Little Richie, DJ Sunshine, Sky Juice, DJ Sparks, Stone Love, ZJ Nikki Z, Fire Links and ZJ Chrome.

Guest speaker Leachim Semaj, using examples from the books of James, John and Matthew in the Bible, noted that "talent is neutral". He said that while the talent that you have is God's gift to you, what you do with that talent is your gift to God."

President of the Jamaica Federation of Musicians (JFM) Desi Young said: "On behalf of the JFM, this is an endorsement of talent that has impressed, but the circumstances led to some absence. The fraternity is united in its support for this artiste (Jah Cure) going forward, showcasing this talent that the world has come to gravitate to."

Allan Green of the Western Society for the Upliftment of Children, which along with the Alpha Boys School will benefit from 'Curefest' gave thanks for the "timely donation".

OMGoodness!!! I'm so jealous!! I WANT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying::crying: That's right in Ken's backyard!! JALOVE will be down there then...I wonder if she'll go! That sounds like an AMAZING concert!!! Thanks for sharing JG...I'm calling Ken right now to tell him! (That's another $10 on October's phone bill :no: -whatcha gonna do?) This is BIG news!! We both love 'The Cure' and all those other artists...Bounty & Beenie..wata bam-bam!!!

(L) -Gill

nice looks like ill be down there around this time !!!!! :dance: Chris would love to go to that hes a music fanatic i see me having to get us some kind of radio when he gets here i dont even have one

First thing Andre did was buy this piece of junk stereo at a yard sale so he could rig it with all kinds of speakers and blow out our house. Beware...........................

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Line of performers

(L) -Gill

First thing Andre did was buy this piece of junk stereo at a yard sale so he could rig it with all kinds of speakers and blow out our house. Beware...........................

LOL LOL :) im gonna be sure to tell him not to blast it as the security will be knockin on our door! I actually live where a bunch of college kids do thank goodness they are not too bad i havent heard too much noise out of them. I think in apartements u have to turn the noise down by 10pm or something

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Music is very important. Good luck trying to explain why he can't have the door open and the music all the way up while he cleans up.

Are there any good movies coming out or have come out lately?

Some Gulf oil crews evacuated ahead of storm...looks like another may be head for New Orleans

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20873026/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Line of performers

(L) -Gill

LOL LOL :) im gonna be sure to tell him not to blast it as the security will be knockin on our door! I actually live where a bunch of college kids do thank goodness they are not too bad i havent heard too much noise out of them. I think in apartements u have to turn the noise down by 10pm or something

Hey JA.,

If you can, please try to go for all of us that can't. The prices for the big Sunday concert aren't horrible either between $1500JA. ($22US) and up! It's going to be a really nice concert. Plus the sound clash at Pier 1 ARGGGGH!!! :crying: I guess like Andre and Chris I am a JA. music fanatic! My sound system never last long because I always blow the speakers :blush: ! I've had to replace my car speakers twice and my car is only 2 years old! Yeah I know, I'm bad! Sometimes I think that I blast my music louder than some of the college students around here! :whistle::lol:

But I guess it depends what part of JA you are going to be in when you're there!

(L) Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Line of performers

(L) -Gill

Hey JA.,

If you can, please try to go for all of us that can't. The prices for the big Sunday concert aren't horrible either between $1500JA. ($22US) and up! It's going to be a really nice concert. Plus the sound clash at Pier 1 ARGGGGH!!! :crying: I guess like Andre and Chris I am a JA. music fanatic! My sound system never last long because I always blow the speakers :blush: ! I've had to replace my car speakers twice and my car is only 2 years old! Yeah I know, I'm bad! Sometimes I think that I blast my music louder than some of the college students around here! :whistle::lol:

But I guess it depends what part of JA you are going to be in when you're there!

(L) Gill

Yah, that is what we saw last year at Pier 1....the Sound Clash. That thing was off the hook. Except for the little riot when they started throwing bottles, it was a perfect night. Amazing music.

Wish we could go again. Just not in the cards this time.

My husband does still leave the doors open and the music blasting.....that's pretty much what I come home to when he beats me home. The neighbors haven't complained so far.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

OFF TOPIC! (I don't know where to find the little smiley holding the sign that says it!)

I AM SOOOO MAD WITH MYSELF!! :angry: I completely forgot to wear all black today for the Jena 6! However, alot of the college students here did! Plus, they seem to have a really good turn out down in Jena, LA. I hope it helps to change that crazy judicial system!

Gill

Has anyone else seen a big number of people wearing all black in your areas of the country?

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My girl...My girl...my girl! Yuh knoa mi love yuh like cook food doan? Nuff prayers gwaan hup fe yuh and yuh sweets. Mi wish mi dere pon plane gwaan back a yaad.

Mr Ja Tam come back wid yuh? Are you flying back after he gets the visa? *sigh* I dreaming right now...I can't wait until I see A walking in the Hartsfield/Jackson airport toward me...or beside me. As long as it's on this side of the ocean...LOL

I have been very sad lately. I am overwhelmed by the long wait that I have ahead of me. I started shutting down over the last few days, and I don't know how to continue coping. :( I miss A so much.

Fi real Jawi, thanks fi di prayers. We decided that he will be coming up in 3 weeks time, so that he can clear up some things. We figured that it is enough time for him to get the passport w/ visa and sort out things for his parents. We are aiming for Oct. 14th.

Jawi, we all have those down times. Believe me, just in July, I was breakng down so much wondering what was going on with the interview date. Just keep on coming here and get the encouragement.

-T

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OFF TOPIC! (I don't know where to find the little smiley holding the sign that says it!)

I AM SOOOO MAD WITH MYSELF!! :angry: I completely forgot to wear all black today for the Jena 6! However, alot of the college students here did! Plus, they seem to have a really good turn out down in Jena, LA. I hope it helps to change that crazy judicial system!

Gill

Has anyone else seen a big number of people wearing all black in your areas of the country?

Haven't seen much on my side of the country. I wore all black but at work I had on a red jacket and at the airport I am wearing all black.

Ok all, the flight is going to be boarding now. Thanks to all for the well wishes; BIG UP to the Yardie family. Lata. Soon come :dance::dance:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Oh boy.... fiance went to embassy today to get his packets he never got!!! never got 3 or 4....mind you embassy emails him sayin come in on sept 20 at 12:30 to get it so he treks up there for them to tell him they not giving him NOTHING!!!!! i was bullistic!!! i said wait outside dont go nowhere here i am callin embassy in tears and frustration actually a nice lady answered i tell her what happen and that they told chris we cant give u the interview letter until ONE WEEK BEFORE IT IF YOU HAVENT GOTTEN IT IN MAIL!!! that is our policy.!! oh nooooo.... i said well did u tell them u have an oct 1 medical! and u need it he says yes and so were yellin and fussin! so i when i talked to the lady i explained this and she said yes he cant get it till one week prior! this is policy i said ok but doesnt he need the letter for his medical on oct 1, how can he go without it so she puts the fon down and asks, what is the time between medical and interview for the IV applicants, then i hear hold music, then she returns, says where is ur fiance i say outside so she says tell him to come back in and she will talk to him, he supposedly initially spoke to the supervisor when he was in there, so he fusses sayin hes not going back in there again today if they dont give him nothing this time hes goin home!! oh boy, stubborn, then i call back then min later hes sounding like a new person he says she gave me both packets and said she was not supposed to but she did cuz i called. ....um someone please tell me why did i have to call for him to give him what is due him!!!!! why!!! they are ### backwards!

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

Anybody here from Jersey, know any good Jamaican Restaurants? or stores I cannot find any good in my area, im in New Brunswick, by Rutgers.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline
Oh boy.... fiance went to embassy today to get his packets he never got!!! never got 3 or 4....mind you embassy emails him sayin come in on sept 20 at 12:30 to get it so he treks up there for them to tell him they not giving him NOTHING!!!!! i was bullistic!!! i said wait outside dont go nowhere here i am callin embassy in tears and frustration actually a nice lady answered i tell her what happen and that they told chris we cant give u the interview letter until ONE WEEK BEFORE IT IF YOU HAVENT GOTTEN IT IN MAIL!!! that is our policy.!! oh nooooo.... i said well did u tell them u have an oct 1 medical! and u need it he says yes and so were yellin and fussin! so i when i talked to the lady i explained this and she said yes he cant get it till one week prior! this is policy i said ok but doesnt he need the letter for his medical on oct 1, how can he go without it so she puts the fon down and asks, what is the time between medical and interview for the IV applicants, then i hear hold music, then she returns, says where is ur fiance i say outside so she says tell him to come back in and she will talk to him, he supposedly initially spoke to the supervisor when he was in there, so he fusses sayin hes not going back in there again today if they dont give him nothing this time hes goin home!! oh boy, stubborn, then i call back then min later hes sounding like a new person he says she gave me both packets and said she was not supposed to but she did cuz i called. ....um someone please tell me why did i have to call for him to give him what is due him!!!!! why!!! they are ### backwards!

I'm glad it worked out in the end. I hope the rest goes much more smoothly for you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Totally INSANE!!!! Well, at least he got them! THANK GOD!!!!

Please breathe and smile now... :D(L) -Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Gill

DC is full of black today. My co-workers and I wanted to walk down to the protest downtwon but my boss called an emergency meeting. She asked who died when she walked into the conference room :blink:

Edited by sjb1221

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.