Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well after calling many obgyns and some tears...i finally have a appointment for october 11th....i feel much better....

Shauna, don't you have a regular ob/gyn who you see for your yearly checkups? Do you have anyone who lives nearby who you can ask for a referral?

no not since i moved...i used to go to a clinic just because at the time i didn't have insurance and it was cheaper since they charge on a sliding scale...

Just find yourself a regular doctor somewhere and stick with them. You will feel a lot more comfortable when it comes time to deliver.

When I had my first child, I didn't have an OB/GYN at all. I picked one out of the phone book. Turns out, I adored the guy. He delivered both my children. He retired last year and I was sooooooooooo sad.

...I said it WOULD be nice have a Jamaican night :angry:

I agree. Tony hardly ever cooks anymore :crying: I'm lucky if I get JA food twice a month now :( Ladies, enjoy it while you can.

This made me so sad. Andre cooks nearly every night. If I cook more then twice a month, I am complaining.

:ot:

I went to visit my husband last week and got his police certificate. There is a line under his name for his signature but it's not signed. Should this be signed before sending to NVC?

Yes, he should sign it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Here is a picture of a Jamaican 40 leg http://www.peleyard.com/Jamaica%202007/Ani.../40%20Legs.html and other Jamaican animals.

They come into the room with brooms and flashlights whispering in patois about forty-leg something or another. Turned out it was a "forty-leg" that pinched his toe and ran up under the bed. I guess its some sort of Jamaican insect with forty legs and pinchers that resembles a garden snake. The riped the bed apart, covers, matteress, and never found this forty-leg critter.

Oh my gosh, I would just die :o It sounds like a centipede to me. Some people also call them daddy-long-legs. We have them here in the states, but they get much bigger in JA. Tony hates them too.

That is why I stayed at a hotel each and every time I visited JA! :P Yes, I'm spoiled but I can admit it!

OMG...........I have never seen one of those before. Thank God for that. Thanks for giving me the willies this morning.

Who said they were scared of lizards? You girls crack me up. Those, I can handle. A friend of mine here has an iguana (sp?) and I have to take care of it when he goes out of town. A lizard is small in comparison. So, those are cool.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Timeline
Can I vent for a minute

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF COOKING..DUMPLIN, RICE, CHICKEN (CURRY,STEWED, BAKED,BBQ), FISH SHRIMP, CABBAGE AND CALALOO EVERY FREAKING WEEK..I WANT A CHANGE :bonk::crying::ranting: and he doesn't want to try any other dish..like Italian or anything ..he's driving me nuts and I LOVE pasta

I'm late but me too, I have to cook three meals, one for me, the kids and then hubby :blink:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
He eats just about everything...probably more things then I will eat.

I thought I was going to have a problem feeding Neil too, but thank goodness he pretty much liked everything :dance:

The one thing that he had a big problem with was the fish, and that is his preference in meat.. I brought so many different types of fish and finally found one, he like talopia (sp?) The one thing he won't eat is spagetthi he doesn't like it at all, and that is one of my favorites.

Try making the spaghetti w/ corn beef instead of meat. When I was JA we used to eat it all the time and I also it here. My daughter loves it w/rice. Javon is strictly on his JA food and I don't mind it one bit. I don't think we will have any problems there.

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Mi neva know there were rumors that Elephant Man fight P-Diddy. Here is ELE's response in JA Star: ELE denies Fighting Diddy

Yea it was media take out website a few days ago.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Can I vent for a minute

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF COOKING..DUMPLIN, RICE, CHICKEN (CURRY,STEWED, BAKED,BBQ), FISH SHRIMP, CABBAGE AND CALALOO EVERY FREAKING WEEK..I WANT A CHANGE :bonk::crying::ranting: and he doesn't want to try any other dish..like Italian or anything ..he's driving me nuts and I LOVE pasta

I'm late but me too, I have to cook three meals, one for me, the kids and then hubby :blink:

Craig eats absolutely everything....well except for broccoli. I've cooked everything, every which way and he eats every last drop... never ever complains. I just throw dishes together and he jokes that I'm trying to kill him. I am the one that just can't stomach ackee and calaloo, actually most jamaican food. He makes dumplings and they are okay. He makes the best darn chicken dishes!! He says he doesn't really "miss" jamaican food, sometimes he would like to have some...but there's no JA restaurants close to us and the one place we went to (30 min from us)....just way too darn expensive!!

Timeline
All you mommies out there - do you have any solutions for lower back pain? I'm dying over here :crying: Any tips, advice, solutions, remedies would be helpful.....

I had absolutely horrible lower back pains starting my 4th month and lasted up to birth-day. I just tried a ton of stretching exercises. Now my lower back hurts from other stuff....but I bought this orthopedic/contour pillow thing from Linens and things that goes between the legs (upper thigh area). It has done WONDERS!!!!!! I sleep with it every night...and my back pain is totally gone!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Can I vent for a minute

Craig eats absolutely everything....well except for broccoli. I've cooked everything, every which way and he eats every last drop... never ever complains. I just throw dishes together and he jokes that I'm trying to kill him. I am the one that just can't stomach ackee and calaloo, actually most jamaican food. He makes dumplings and they are okay. He makes the best darn chicken dishes!! He says he doesn't really "miss" jamaican food, sometimes he would like to have some...but there's no JA restaurants close to us and the one place we went to (30 min from us)....just way too darn expensive!!

Have you tried Tashes Ankh, in Randallstown on Liberty Road, thats not too far from Elicott City arent you there? Then theres Judy's on Park Heights i like that one best but there are so many others. Tashes is the closest ive never tried them.

Tashes Ankh Caribbean Carryout is located at 8045 Liberty Rd Windsor Mill, MD. Phone: 410-922-9196

http://www.tashesankh.com/AboutUs.html

Judy's Island Grill and Bake Shop

5216 Park Heights Ave.

Park Heights

Baltimore, MD

410-367-0272

http://www.judysislandgrill.com/

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

Hey guys, been catching up on all the posts. You guys are a funny bunch. I haven't got much to add, but don't like bugs. I eat JA food occasionally. Mike is vegetarian, so I know I will be challenged, cause I love my chicken. Anyway, that might be more healthy for me.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

:ot: You guys are so smart and knowledgeable, so I know you all can answer some of these questions ;):)!!

Can you guys tell me where to find the sample employment verification letter? I know I have seen it before, but since I need it now I can't seem to find it anywhere. Mike's Dad asked me to be his co-sponsor. I have completed the AOS form and have copies of my tax transcripts for the last three years. Planning to send copies of the last six months of paystubs to show my current income. Is there anything else that I might need, and do I have to notorize the AOS? Can I be the principal sponor without his father sending anything in, or does he have to send an AOS seeing that he is the petitioner?

Funny how this happens now. When I lived in NYC, I was making big bucks up to 100G's. Now since I moved here to NC I am making around 60G's, but I think that should be sufficient.

Much Luv

Claire

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here is a picture of a Jamaican 40 leg http://www.peleyard.com/Jamaica%202007/Ani.../40%20Legs.html and other Jamaican animals.

Seeing that picture made my skin crawl :blink:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
Thanks Tam-Tam,

I asked Ken last night and got WAY MORE INFO than I needed! He told me if you catch 1 or 2 and put them in a bottle of rum it's good fi any ache and pain yuh 'ave. I was oh hell no are we gonna have a damn 40-leg in a bottle sitting up in my medicine cabinet!!! Then 'im tell mi "Nuf remedy mi 'ave Mon!!" :blink::no::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Wi hav di remedy fi everyting...My sister throws rubbing alcohol in her head whenever she has a headache. For a cold - lime and honey wid a likkle white rum.

The last 2 trips I made I brought back 4 cans each...then after that a friend went and kevin sent a "special package" back for me...here I go thinking it would be a nice card or letter from him...NOPE...a couple cans of ackee! also...because he knows I love candles he sent me a glade airfreshener candle....(bless his heart) I can't wait till he gets here to see WE HAVE THEM HERE!!! lol.........

That is too cute...I remember a few years ago when I went home for vacation, hubby lit a Glade candle so that we could have dinner by candle light :lol::lol: They are so sweet and rose-mantic.

:lol::lol::lol: -Tam, you are too Dyam funny!

p.s.- Yuh ready fi your trip? When yuh leave again?

Gill

More than ready...My flight is 4:20 tomorrow afternoon. I am so antsy, mi nuh tink mi can sleep tonite. I am too excited right now :dance::dance:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: Timeline

First of all EEEEEEK for that ugly bug! JG was not the only one with the willies upon seeing it! lol

Happy belated birthday to Rhonda and congrats on the new house! :dance:

Good luck and safe trips to those upcoming interviewees! :thumbs:

And for whoever else I missed sorry, had too many pages to read! lol

Thanks for the well wishes on my upcoming wedding, we have been so busy trying to plan it as well as finding someone to braid Marlon's hair inexpensively! We got our wedding license yesterday. Now we are waiting for the Bishop my friend contacted to get back to us. We are hoping for October 13.

Marlon is adjusting very well, no issues at all. He eats about everything without a complaint, he just tells me if it is something he doesn't prefer. He has met most of my closest friends and my sister and niece, so far all is well! Marlon is the quiet type surrounded by noisy and crazy people but he takes it well! lol

Thanks Tam-Tam,

I asked Ken last night and got WAY MORE INFO than I needed! He told me if you catch 1 or 2 and put them in a bottle of rum it's good fi any ache and pain yuh 'ave. I was oh hell no are we gonna have a damn 40-leg in a bottle sitting up in my medicine cabinet!!! Then 'im tell mi "Nuf remedy mi 'ave Mon!!" :blink::no::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Wi hav di remedy fi everyting...My sister throws rubbing alcohol in her head whenever she has a headache. For a cold - lime and honey wid a likkle white rum.

The last 2 trips I made I brought back 4 cans each...then after that a friend went and kevin sent a "special package" back for me...here I go thinking it would be a nice card or letter from him...NOPE...a couple cans of ackee! also...because he knows I love candles he sent me a glade airfreshener candle....(bless his heart) I can't wait till he gets here to see WE HAVE THEM HERE!!! lol.........

That is too cute...I remember a few years ago when I went home for vacation, hubby lit a Glade candle so that we could have dinner by candle light :lol::lol: They are so sweet and rose-mantic.

:lol::lol::lol: -Tam, you are too Dyam funny!

p.s.- Yuh ready fi your trip? When yuh leave again?

Gill

More than ready...My flight is 4:20 tomorrow afternoon. I am so antsy, mi nuh tink mi can sleep tonite. I am too excited right now :dance::dance:

Can't wait to hear about your approval! Safe journey! :thumbs:

Timeline
First of all EEEEEEK for that ugly bug! JG was not the only one with the willies upon seeing it! lol

Thanks for the well wishes on my upcoming wedding, we have been so busy trying to plan it as well as finding someone to braid Marlon's hair inexpensively! We got our wedding license yesterday. Now we are waiting for the Bishop my friend contacted to get back to us. We are hoping for October 13.

Marlon is adjusting very well, no issues at all. He eats about everything without a complaint, he just tells me if it is something he doesn't prefer. He has met most of my closest friends and my sister and niece, so far all is well! Marlon is the quiet type surrounded by noisy and crazy people but he takes it well! lol

I can bet how excited you are. Enjoy the planning and I pray you have a wonderful day. Don't let it stress you out too much, it's the marriage that counts :thumbs:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: Timeline

I can bet how excited you are. Enjoy the planning and I pray you have a wonderful day. Don't let it stress you out too much, it's the marriage that counts :thumbs:

I keep telling myself that girl! lol Thankfully I have some super friends who are carrying parts of the load for me!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.