Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

hAHAHAAheeehheeee...OMG! I am dying :lol: I know exactly what ur saying..pork is like the forbidden fruit in most Jamaican home

Tony loves pork! He likes it more than I do. I could take it or leave it - it's not my favorite. We both eat red meat also, so that gives us more choices. My dad hunts and he's had Tony eating venison, elk, moose, etc.. :lol: He'll try anything - almost! No frog legs though!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look what i just found on cnn.....

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/diet.fitnes...tory/index.html

i think it goes for the adults as well...mike gained weight instantly....

Yeah, me and Tony have BOTH gained weight since he moved here :wacko:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

They come into the room with brooms and flashlights whispering in patois about forty-leg something or another. Turned out it was a "forty-leg" that pinched his toe and ran up under the bed. I guess its some sort of Jamaican insect with forty legs and pinchers that resembles a garden snake. The riped the bed apart, covers, matteress, and never found this forty-leg critter.

Oh my gosh, I would just die :o It sounds like a centipede to me. Some people also call them daddy-long-legs. We have them here in the states, but they get much bigger in JA. Tony hates them too.

That is why I stayed at a hotel each and every time I visited JA! :P Yes, I'm spoiled but I can admit it!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

...I said it WOULD be nice have a Jamaican night :angry:

I agree. Tony hardly ever cooks anymore :crying: I'm lucky if I get JA food twice a month now :( Ladies, enjoy it while you can.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

All you mommies out there - do you have any solutions for lower back pain? I'm dying over here :crying: Any tips, advice, solutions, remedies would be helpful.....

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here is a picture of a Jamaican 40 leg http://www.peleyard.com/Jamaica%202007/Ani.../40%20Legs.html and other Jamaican animals.

They come into the room with brooms and flashlights whispering in patois about forty-leg something or another. Turned out it was a "forty-leg" that pinched his toe and ran up under the bed. I guess its some sort of Jamaican insect with forty legs and pinchers that resembles a garden snake. The riped the bed apart, covers, matteress, and never found this forty-leg critter.

Oh my gosh, I would just die :o It sounds like a centipede to me. Some people also call them daddy-long-legs. We have them here in the states, but they get much bigger in JA. Tony hates them too.

That is why I stayed at a hotel each and every time I visited JA! :P Yes, I'm spoiled but I can admit it!

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

For all of you who like playing Jamaican style dominoes...

www.jamdom.com

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well after calling many obgyns and some tears...i finally have a appointment for october 11th....i feel much better....

Shauna, don't you have a regular ob/gyn who you see for your yearly checkups? Do you have anyone who lives nearby who you can ask for a referral?

no not since i moved...i used to go to a clinic just because at the time i didn't have insurance and it was cheaper since they charge on a sliding scale...

Timeline

I was so freaked out after that cause Evan was acting completely obsessed and he never cares about bugs or what not. Needless to say I kept a rug by the gap under our front door so no more forty-legs could get through.

Ok, just your story alone has me creeped out!! What deh Ras is a 40 legs? You know what forget it... I don't think I EVEN want to know! :lol: YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!! They always come around and RUIN everything! Poor guy can't even enjoy a bowl of cereal! :no:

Gill

forty-leg is like a centipede.

Thanks Tam-Tam,

I asked Ken last night and got WAY MORE INFO than I needed! He told me if you catch 1 or 2 and put them in a bottle of rum it's good fi any ache and pain yuh 'ave. I was oh hell no are we gonna have a damn 40-leg in a bottle sitting up in my medicine cabinet!!! Then 'im tell mi "Nuf remedy mi 'ave Mon!!" :blink::no::lol:

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Here is a picture of a Jamaican 40 leg http://www.peleyard.com/Jamaica%202007/Ani.../40%20Legs.html and other Jamaican animals.

one word...YUCK!!!! :unsure::o:unsure: ...I will definitely be checking under over around every damn thing when I go to JA. next time!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
The last 2 trips I made I brought back 4 cans each...then after that a friend went and kevin sent a "special package" back for me...here I go thinking it would be a nice card or letter from him...NOPE...a couple cans of ackee! also...because he knows I love candles he sent me a glade airfreshener candle....(bless his heart) I can't wait till he gets here to see WE HAVE THEM HERE!!! lol.........

That is too cute...I remember a few years ago when I went home for vacation, hubby lit a Glade candle so that we could have dinner by candle light :lol::lol: They are so sweet and rose-mantic.

:lol::lol::lol: -Tam, you are too Dyam funny!

p.s.- Yuh ready fi your trip? When yuh leave again?

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
HAhaaaa....I like turkey bacon maself...also turkey hot dogs...

Girl, no ! PORK !...that is like telling him a cuss word... :lol::lol: He's making calalloo today !! :angry:

Do they even still have pigs or hogs in JA., because to me it's like NO ONE eats it there anymore! Ken is the same way, NO PORK!!! And every now and then I love myself some bacon (shhhhhhhhh) :o ...I'll have to eat it on the DL when he arrives. Typically, I use turkey bacon, but just every now and then...real bacon hits the SPOT!!

Gill

Gill

I love to put pieces of turkey bacon into Ackee & Saltfish or jus' cook-up saltfish & callaloo. Can you tell I'm hungry?? :lol:

Gill

:lol: ...I know

Oh, thank God for Andre. I seriously do not have to sneak anything. He eats just about everything...probably more things then I will eat.

I have a friend who was angry at her Jamaican husband and every now and then would throw in some meat he swore he was "allergic" to in the meal she was cooking just for spite. He never died.

And the moral of that story... :lol::lol::lol: ...don't mess with the person cooking your meals!

Gill

Ok ladies where are you getting this ackee and saltfish from?!! I havent looked to deeply yet, but I cannot find it. Are you bringing it from JA, or is there a place where you live or an online store. Help a sista out, cause my mouth is salivating!!

We get it from an international store in St. Louis.......Jay's International.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Ok ladies where are you getting this ackee and saltfish from?!! I havent looked to deeply yet, but I cannot find it. Are you bringing it from JA, or is there a place where you live or an online store. Help a sista out, cause my mouth is salivating!!

We get it from an international store in St. Louis.......Jay's International.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

rHONDA HAVE u been putting ur knees over a bolster, pillow or ottoman or something like that when ur lying down..that reduces the amount of pressure on ur low back alot. U can also do ur Kegel exercises and pelvic tilts to decrease the pain...

All you mommies out there - do you have any solutions for lower back pain? I'm dying over here :crying: Any tips, advice, solutions, remedies would be helpful.....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
well after calling many obgyns and some tears...i finally have a appointment for october 11th....i feel much better....

Shauna, don't you have a regular ob/gyn who you see for your yearly checkups? Do you have anyone who lives nearby who you can ask for a referral?

no not since i moved...i used to go to a clinic just because at the time i didn't have insurance and it was cheaper since they charge on a sliding scale...

Just find yourself a regular doctor somewhere and stick with them. You will feel a lot more comfortable when it comes time to deliver.

When I had my first child, I didn't have an OB/GYN at all. I picked one out of the phone book. Turns out, I adored the guy. He delivered both my children. He retired last year and I was sooooooooooo sad.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.