Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I HATE ALL, EVERY ANY bugs..can't stand them can't look at them nothing. I am afraid of ROACHES..seriouly..my husband thinks i'm pathetic. I can watch they just can't be near me...although they still make my skin crawl..

:lol: I am scared of Roaches too!! It really doesn't matter what kind of bug it is I'm scared of them all :crying:

I remember the first time I stayed in yard, I needed to use the bathroom.... Neil said let me go check it out first.

The went in there and came back and asked me if I was scared of BATS :blink: All I could think was #######?? Bats in the house?? Oh lawd I can't stay here! But I had to go something wicked! He said come here and look.. I tiptoed to the bathroom and peeked in... What I seen wasn't no bats, they were moths :lol: All I could do is laugh at him and tell that those weren't bats and explain to him what a bats in the states look like... But none the less I'm scared of those too so he had to run them out.

On my last trip there, he had left to go to the cook shop (it was night time) when he opened the door to leave some kind of huge flying bug with green eyes flew in. You talk aboout scared... Boy I wanted to cry!! I stayed totally under the cover sweating too death until he came back! Of course he thought that was funny too :angry:

OMG!! LOL That Is TOO DYAM FUNNY!!! :lol::lol: . Happy to know that I am not the only one that will freak out in a moments notice if one of those things comes my way!! Just picturing you under the covers sweating you butt off waiting for your hero to come back and kill the bug, has me crying...because that would definately be something I would do! :lol::lol: -Thanks for the chuckle

Bless, (L) -Gill

Girl I laugh at it too now... But I tell yuh I wanted to CRY!!! He came back and thought it was funny!! Yuh nuh mi cuss im sumting wicked don't you!

One more laugh for you... About 6 yrs ago I was at work, driving the city bus. Looked up over my head for whatever reason, and saw a big a** roach looking like it was gonna jump down on me. All this while I was turning a corner.

I almost jumped the curve trying to keep my eye on it and turn at the same time. Once I made the corner I pulled over, called the dispather and told them I couldn't and wouldn't drive that bus because it had roaches! We went back and forth for awhile, but in the end I won the fight... And they sent be out a new bus.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Girl, no ! PORK !...that is like telling him a cuss word... :lol::lol: He's making calalloo today !! :angry:

Do they even still have pigs or hogs in JA., because to me it's like NO ONE eats it there anymore! Ken is the same way, NO PORK!!! And every now and then I love myself some bacon (shhhhhhhhh) :o ...I'll have to eat it on the DL when he arrives. Typically, I use turkey bacon, but just every now and then...real bacon hits the SPOT!!

Gill

Can I vent for a minute

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF COOKING..DUMPLIN, RICE, CHICKEN (CURRY,STEWED, BAKED,BBQ), FISH SHRIMP, CABBAGE AND CALALOO EVERY FREAKING WEEK..I WANT A CHANGE :bonk::crying::ranting: and he doesn't want to try any other dish..like Italian or anything ..he's driving me nuts and I LOVE pasta

We made a deal last night. Fridays are Non-Jamaican food nights. LOL. He said that's cool as long as it doesn't make him have to use the bathroom. :o:blink: As in...it better taste good.

LOL... :lol: -That's a good idea KK. I'll 'TRY' to implement that when Ken arrives.

Gill

No problem with the pork issue with Kevin...he eats it and in fact would rather it than chicken?? Go figure?? We did have a discussion about the food issue....I reminded him that especially up here in the area of the country that I live in...#1, there is no fresh callalou...not to mention any ackee...so that he needs to be aware he will need to adjust his diet to include food other than Jamaican food (although I LOVE IT). I know you can warn a person and they say "no Problem" until they get here and the story can change but at least I can say I TOLD YOU!!!! ....not that I would :whistle:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline
I know you can warn a person and they say "no Problem" until they get here and the story can change but at least I can say I TOLD YOU!!!! ....not that I would :whistle:

:lol::lol::lol:

So true :yes:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

OMG !!..u guys have me dying here..my husband thinks I'm nuts..laughing at the PC screen..hehee :lol::lol: But yeah ABSOLUTELY no bugs for me...no sir !

Jamerican how's is Oregon ?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
OMG !!..u guys have me dying here..my husband thinks I'm nuts..laughing at the PC screen..hehee :lol::lol: But yeah ABSOLUTELY no bugs for me...no sir !

Wellllll.... let me just say the nickname I give it is "granolaville". This is the home of nike...so everyone is either walking or riding a bike...with their dog...wearing their crocks or berkenstocks(wearing socks)...almost like Negril stateside. There are a few jamaican families who I am quickly becoming aquainted with. 2 island type food stores. It is coming along....but slowly.

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I HATE ALL, EVERY ANY bugs..can't stand them can't look at them nothing. I am afraid of ROACHES..seriouly..my husband thinks i'm pathetic. I can watch they just can't be near me...although they still make my skin crawl..

:lol: I am scared of Roaches too!! It really doesn't matter what kind of bug it is I'm scared of them all :crying:

I remember the first time I stayed in yard, I needed to use the bathroom.... Neil said let me go check it out first.

The went in there and came back and asked me if I was scared of BATS :blink: All I could think was #######?? Bats in the house?? Oh lawd I can't stay here! But I had to go something wicked! He said come here and look.. I tiptoed to the bathroom and peeked in... What I seen wasn't no bats, they were moths :lol: All I could do is laugh at him and tell that those weren't bats and explain to him what a bats in the states look like... But none the less I'm scared of those too so he had to run them out.

On my last trip there, he had left to go to the cook shop (it was night time) when he opened the door to leave some kind of huge flying bug with green eyes flew in. You talk aboout scared... Boy I wanted to cry!! I stayed totally under the cover sweating too death until he came back! Of course he thought that was funny too :angry:

OMG!! LOL That Is TOO DYAM FUNNY!!! :lol::lol: . Happy to know that I am not the only one that will freak out in a moments notice if one of those things comes my way!! Just picturing you under the covers sweating you butt off waiting for your hero to come back and kill the bug, has me crying...because that would definately be something I would do! :lol::lol: -Thanks for the chuckle

Bless, (L) -Gill

Girl I laugh at it too now... But I tell yuh I wanted to CRY!!! He came back and thought it was funny!! Yuh nuh mi cuss im sumting wicked don't you!

One more laugh for you... About 6 yrs ago I was at work, driving the city bus. Looked up over my head for whatever reason, and saw a big a** roach looking like it was gonna jump down on me. All this while I was turning a corner.

I almost jumped the curve trying to keep my eye on it and turn at the same time. Once I made the corner I pulled over, called the dispather and told them I couldn't and wouldn't drive that bus because it had roaches! We went back and forth for awhile, but in the end I won the fight... And they sent be out a new bus.

I cann blame yuh a ras!! Dem lucky yuh still manage fi turn the corner. If it were me all yuh seeing on the 6 O'Clock news "Bus Driver crashes into store front, last seen running screaming from the bus...details at 11!" :blush::lol: I'm not kidding when mi seh I HATE THEM!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Ok, dem really seh u can find a Jamaican anywhere and slowly but sure mi a figure seh a true :)

I heard home prices r descent there ?

Wellllll.... let me just say the nickname I give it is "granolaville". This is the home of nike...so everyone is either walking or riding a bike...with their dog...wearing their crocks or berkenstocks(wearing socks)...almost like Negril stateside. There are a few jamaican families who I am quickly becoming aquainted with. 2 island type food stores. It is coming along....but slowly.

:lol::jest::oops:

Bless, (L) -Gill

I cann blame yuh a ras!! Dem lucky yuh still manage fi turn the corner. If it were me all yuh seeing on the 6 O'Clock news "Bus Driver crashes into store front, last seen running screaming from the bus...details at 11!" :blush::lol: I'm not kidding when mi seh I HATE THEM!Gill

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Bless, (L) -Gill

I cann blame yuh a ras!! Dem lucky yuh still manage fi turn the corner. If it were me all yuh seeing on the 6 O'Clock news "Bus Driver crashes into store front, last seen running screaming from the bus...details at 11!" :blush::lol: I'm not kidding when mi seh I HATE THEM!

Gill

:lol::yes:

Me either, they told me they were going to write me up if I didn't move the bus...Itold them they could suspend me if they wanted too but I wasn't moving :no: Well needless to say I got wrote up, but they till had to bring out a new bus.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bless, (L) -Gill

Gill

:lol::yes:

Me either, they told me they were going to write me up if I didn't move the bus...Itold them they could suspend me if they wanted too but I wasn't moving :no: Well needless to say I got wrote up, but they till had to bring out a new bus.

Yuh see it! I would happily be written up if it meant me getting a roachless coach! :lol:

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here is the thing about that country 3 hours away.....I could call Japan cheaper then I could call Jamaica. I was like WTH???????????????

Yuh Dyam Right JG!!! I figured out that I have spent over $7000 since December 2006 on my cell phone bill in calls to JA. And don't think I didn't include ALL 200 pages as my proof of relationship with my initial filing!!! <Surrrps> :no: It had to count for something!

Gill

Yah, I figured I could've probably bought a nice car or talked to Andre on the phone. Sad; but true.

I hated to get that bill in the mail. Your comment on the pages made me laugh. I once got a bill in a little box cause it had so many pages. Scary stuff now that I think of it.

The GOOD news is my LD bill for the past month was a scant $17.65. It does get better, girls!

Wooo-hoo...thank god!! I can't wait til I can have a bill that's less than $200 again!

Who you telling. I can't wait. It has come down some but I would like for my cell phone bill to the normal price of 80 dollars. I haven't seen that bill since I signed up with t-mobile...no lie. I am like geesh

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone ever watch the Discovery Channel?

I was watching "Killer Ants" Saturday night. Those things are so dang scary. I KNOW if I had met Andre in Tasmania and then saw that show, I would not have been back to visit him no matter what.

JG,

You're better than me I HATE bugs...I mean HATE them. When I'm down in JA. Every night Ken has to do a bug check in the bedroom & bathroom, before I will step foot in there! It's serious...I have embarassed myself on many an occassion because I saw a roach or something crawling my way! :yes:

So to sit down and watch a WHOLE show on Ants and how they can probably kill you...is just not what my cup of tea...ATALL!!! :lol:

Gill

I'm the same way. Melv has to do a lizard check for me as well. I could not sleep in the room knowing that the lizards were on the walls. It would be like one crawling down from the roof. They call them crickets and I was like its a dag on lizard....whatever it is "I hate them and I am so annoying when I see one.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Can I vent for a minute

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF COOKING..DUMPLIN, RICE, CHICKEN (CURRY,STEWED, BAKED,BBQ), FISH SHRIMP, CABBAGE AND CALALOO EVERY FREAKING WEEK..I WANT A CHANGE :bonk::crying::ranting: and he doesn't want to try any other dish..like Italian or anything ..he's driving me nuts and I LOVE pasta

Girl u betta cook your food!!!! Its all about compromise and the sooner he realizes it...the better the relationship will be!!!!

That's what I thought he asked to cook dinner almost every night. He claims I cook better but I beg to differ....his food is so good. He asked me last night if we can have different types of food every night of a week - Chinese, Mexican, Thai, Italian, etc...I said it WOULD be nice have a Jamaican night :angry:

Timeline

HAhaha..him ready fi jump ship already...heheeee

Can I vent for a minute

Girl u betta cook your food!!!! Its all about compromise and the sooner he realizes it...the better the relationship will be!!!!

That's what I thought he asked to cook dinner almost every night. He claims I cook better but I beg to differ....his food is so good. He asked me last night if we can have different types of food every night of a week - Chinese, Mexican, Thai, Italian, etc...I said it WOULD be nice have a Jamaican night :angry:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Can I vent for a minute

LOL, I BROKE DOWN TODAY AND WE HAD FRENCH FRIES AND HAMBURGERS...WE ARE NOT GOING TO TALK ABOUT HOW HE DOESN'T EAT OVERNIGHT FOOD OR EXPECTED ME TO COOK MY SONS LUNCH FOR SCHOOL IN THE MORNING BEFORE I TAKE HIM TO SCHOOL....

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
I'm the same way. Melv has to do a lizard check for me as well. I could not sleep in the room knowing that the lizards were on the walls. It would be like one crawling down from the roof. They call them crickets and I was like its a dag on lizard....whatever it is "I hate them and I am so annoying when I see one.

:lol::lol: You guys have given me sooo many laughs today!!

A lizzard a cricket!! Thats like Neil calling a moth a BAT :no:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.