Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh, thank God for Andre. I seriously do not have to sneak anything. He eats just about everything...probably more things then I will eat.

I have a friend who was angry at her Jamaican husband and every now and then would throw in some meat he swore he was "allergic" to in the meal she was cooking just for spite. He never died.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol: ...I know

Oh, thank God for Andre. I seriously do not have to sneak anything. He eats just about everything...probably more things then I will eat.

I have a friend who was angry at her Jamaican husband and every now and then would throw in some meat he swore he was "allergic" to in the meal she was cooking just for spite. He never died.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HAhaaaa....I like turkey bacon maself...also turkey hot dogs...

Girl, no ! PORK !...that is like telling him a cuss word... :lol::lol: He's making calalloo today !! :angry:

Do they even still have pigs or hogs in JA., because to me it's like NO ONE eats it there anymore! Ken is the same way, NO PORK!!! And every now and then I love myself some bacon (shhhhhhhhh) :o ...I'll have to eat it on the DL when he arrives. Typically, I use turkey bacon, but just every now and then...real bacon hits the SPOT!!

Gill

Gill

I love to put pieces of turkey bacon into Ackee & Saltfish or jus' cook-up saltfish & callaloo. Can you tell I'm hungry?? :lol:

Gill

:lol: ...I know

And the moral of that story... :lol::lol::lol: ...don't mess with the person cooking your meals!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Girl, no ! PORK !...that is like telling him a cuss word... :lol::lol: He's making calalloo today !! :angry:

Do they even still have pigs or hogs in JA., because to me it's like NO ONE eats it there anymore! Ken is the same way, NO PORK!!! And every now and then I love myself some bacon (shhhhhhhhh) :o ...I'll have to eat it on the DL when he arrives. Typically, I use turkey bacon, but just every now and then...real bacon hits the SPOT!!

Gill

Gill

I love to put pieces of turkey bacon into Ackee & Saltfish or jus' cook-up saltfish & callaloo. Can you tell I'm hungry?? :lol:

Gill

I better just stick to the bacon. Ackee is $11 a can here and I'm having trouble gettin git right now.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I refuse to buy ackee for that much man....it makes me sick here it's like $14 a can :o

Gill

Gill

Gill

I better just stick to the bacon. Ackee is $11 a can here and I'm having trouble gettin git right now.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Gill

Gill

Gill

It's around $7-9 per can here too...It kills me paying so dyam much for something you can just go pick off Mr. Brown's tree back home!!! :angry:

My family usually doesn't eat Ackee up here too much unless it's a special occassion...like Christmas or Easter Morning breakfast!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
THIS WEEKEND:

I'll be resting and trying to heal so I can go back to work (since it looks like my doctor isn't taking me off of bedrest). Boring boring :(

Time for some good movies for the weekend!

I concur. I rented the entire 1st season of Heroes and have been watching it. I love that show!!! Does anyone know when the season starts?

I (L) Heroes!!! The new season starts next Monday at 9. I'll watch it online on Tuesday because nothing comes before Girlfriends and The Game on CW :lol::lol:

I may watch Heroes tonight because the CW doesn't show Will & Grace anymore :crying:

The show is addictive!!! I was up to 4:00am last night watching it and now I'm tired at work :whistle: I have few more days to catch up b/c the season starts.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Well color me pink! You're Jamaican?!!! Wow! You people sure know how to party huh? I love how you talk. Talk Jamaican for me and my friends. Awww..now...just a little?! No?? Not today? Okay then. Irie! Yeah Mon! Respect! Natural Mystic! I love Bob Marley! wwoooooooo-hoooooooo!!!!

*Jawi wearing tie-dyed Bob Marley Lion of Judah shirt...walking away singing One Love*

:lol::no::lol: Girl, you got me rollin with laughter right now!!!

Have you guys seen this? It is the Mad White Jamaican on Youtube.

It is sooo crazy... he talks about how people steriotype .....

Yea he is a big thing. I read an article about him a few months ago on the net. I like him, he's funny.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

Anyone ever watch the Discovery Channel?

I was watching "Killer Ants" Saturday night. Those things are so dang scary. I KNOW if I had met Andre in Tasmania and then saw that show, I would not have been back to visit him no matter what.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hey Peeps!

I have been in so much rhaatid pain with my neck and shoulder. DAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNGGG!!!!! I have a small problem...my telephone company, Talk America, was changed to Cavetel recently. Well, I have began stockpiling my bills so that I will have records of the MANY calls to Jamaica. Well lo and behold...I have not been billed for any of my international calls since July! Awesome for my pockets...but bad for proof of ongoing relationship right?

The rep said she doesn't know if they will be able to find those calls, and if they can, they will be added to ONE bill! Cha! Will that be a problem to have all the calls since July billed on one bill for USCIS?

Good news is that my divorce should be finalized by November I think. I have to take a course though even though we have been separated for 3 years.

Are they saying if they can't find the calls then you won't get charged? If so I wouldn't worry about it, why pay for something in the past and then have this hefty phone bill to pay? Some ppl don't even send phone bills and if so maybe a couple months worth and that's not even needed until the interview. Some ppl send it in w/the petition but as long as you have other proof it's not that important. Just hold on to the ones you have from this day forward.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
Well color me pink! You're Jamaican?!!! Wow! You people sure know how to party huh? I love how you talk. Talk Jamaican for me and my friends. Awww..now...just a little?! No?? Not today? Okay then. Irie! Yeah Mon! Respect! Natural Mystic! I love Bob Marley! wwoooooooo-hoooooooo!!!!

*Jawi wearing tie-dyed Bob Marley Lion of Judah shirt...walking away singing One Love*

:lol::no::lol: Girl, you got me rollin with laughter right now!!!

Have you guys seen this? It is the Mad White Jamaican on Youtube.

It is sooo crazy... he talks about how people steriotype .....

Yea he is a big thing. I read an article about him a few months ago on the net. I like him, he's funny.

He is funny...but 'Twin of Twin's' has this Michael Jackson Cartoon that had me CRYING when I saw it the first 10 times!

Check it out when you get a chance...those guys are also very talented!

Especially, when they do Beenie, D'angel & Bounty imitations :lol::lol:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

I was watching "Killer Ants" Saturday night. Those things are so dang scary. I KNOW if I had met Andre in Tasmania and then saw that show, I would not have been back to visit him no matter what.

JG,

You're better than me I HATE bugs...I mean HATE them. When I'm down in JA. Every night Ken has to do a bug check in the bedroom & bathroom, before I will step foot in there! It's serious...I have embarassed myself on many an occassion because I saw a roach or something crawling my way! :yes:

So to sit down and watch a WHOLE show on Ants and how they can probably kill you...is just not what my cup of tea...ATALL!!! :lol:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

JG,

You're better than me I HATE bugs...I mean HATE them. When I'm down in JA. Every night Ken has to do a bug check in the bedroom & bathroom, before I will step foot in there! It's serious...I have embarassed myself on many an occassion because I saw a roach or something crawling my way! :yes:

So to sit down and watch a WHOLE show on Ants and how they can probably kill you...is just not what my cup of tea...ATALL!!! :lol:

Gill

Then you would've hated Andre's bathroom......it was like an outhouse back behind the house. Outdoor shower a little ways back from it. No way to avoid bugs. I used to be more skittish. Now, not so much.

I do hate buzzing things.....they inevitably find my ears.

For real on the ants. They were so scary.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Can I vent for a minute

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF COOKING..DUMPLIN, RICE, CHICKEN (CURRY,STEWED, BAKED,BBQ), FISH SHRIMP, CABBAGE AND CALALOO EVERY FREAKING WEEK..I WANT A CHANGE :bonk::crying::ranting: and he doesn't want to try any other dish..like Italian or anything ..he's driving me nuts and I LOVE pasta

Emil will not eat anything American but Popeyes Chicken and Red Lobster Shrimp he's been here almost a year. Drives me absolutely crazy my grocery bill is extremely high due to Dasheen,Yellow Yam and Red Snapper. We have to cook seperate meals in my house sometime because I can"t eat the same FOOD all the time. I am a Georgia Girl I like my Collard Greens and PORK RIBS :devil: sometimes. Fa true his meals are healthier but we fry everything in GA, tomatoes, okra, bologna, pickles :lol: . Hang in there because it might not change!!!!

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.