Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I regret none of it either..what I did was save all my cards in a box..when he got here i showed him the box..he was amazed...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I honestly never sat down and figured it out in one total. I never wanted to really know. I'd probably make myself sick with the actual total. I do know, a full 15 months later, and I am still dealing with the consequences.

I never regretted either. You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

I did my total when I was doing the Kingston interview packet. It was scary :lol: but I needed to know because I sure did include a summary page on the start of my calling section that had the total of my calls from when we met to the last phone bill included in the packet before our interview. I had to let them know that we were serious (and when it comes to organization I'm very ####### :blush:)

I regret none of it either..what I did was save all my cards in a box..when he got here i showed him the box..he was amazed...

The things we do for love...

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Can I vent for a minute

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF COOKING..DUMPLIN, RICE, CHICKEN (CURRY,STEWED, BAKED,BBQ), FISH SHRIMP, CABBAGE AND CALALOO EVERY FREAKING WEEK..I WANT A CHANGE :bonk::crying::ranting: and he doesn't want to try any other dish..like Italian or anything ..he's driving me nuts and I LOVE pasta

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Can I vent for a minute

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF COOKING..DUMPLIN, RICE, CHICKEN (CURRY,STEWED, BAKED,BBQ), FISH SHRIMP, CABBAGE AND CALALOO EVERY FREAKING WEEK..I WANT A CHANGE :bonk::crying::ranting: and he doesn't want to try any other dish..like Italian or anything ..he's driving me nuts and I LOVE pasta

Kimmy,

Can I tell you that's what I'm afraid off! Especially in NYC, there are so many alternatives to just 'Yard' food!

And I pretty much love them all! :lol:

-Gill (L)

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Can I vent for a minute

No pork for him, huh?

Luckily, Andre eats everything and anything....to a point. He eats more junk food then I do. But, then again, he works at Jack in the Box. Free food is free food.

Andre will eat pasta as long as it is light on the red sauce.

While we are ranting.........I printed out the forms we will need next year to file for a 10 year green card and then the following year to file for naturalization. OMG.........it's like $585 next year and $635 the following. When does it end??????????

I KNOW I would be driving my big yellow Hummer and living in my mansion with my poolboy if it weren't for immigration!!!!!!

Edited by Jomo's girl

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Girl, no ! PORK !...that is like telling him a cuss word...He's making calalloo today !! :angry:

Ur big yellow hummer huh...when u dun paying all these fees. I was looking at the prices for the girls to come up #355 each..memba a 3 a dem.. :angry:

Can I vent for a minute

No pork for him, huh?

Luckily, Andre eats everything and anything....to a point. He eats more junk food then I do. But, then again, he works at Jack in the Box. Free food is free food.

While we are ranting.........I printed out the forms we will need next year to file for a 10 year green card and then the following year to file for naturalization. OMG.........it's like $585 next year and $635 the following. When does it end??????????

I KNOW I would be driving my big yellow Hummer and living in my mansion with my poolboy if it weren't for immigration!!!!!!

U know it...

Can I vent for a minute

Kimmy,

Can I tell you that's what I'm afraid off! Especially in NYC, there are so many alternatives to just 'Yard' food!

-Gill (L)

Timeline
Exactly my point...gotta really plan that trip

haven't started checking prices yet..but my mom has a place where we can stay and just drive in to Disney. The reason why I say it's cheaper..cause with him going back for the 1st time..he ahs to bring something for tom, #######, harry and their sisters...so the money that we would take to do that we can spend 1/2 and have a family vaca..the only reason we would go to JA is to see my step-daughters who he misses very very much..but we'll see..

I hear Disney have different deals and packages...wouldn't want to be there for any holidays though...

Hahhaaaa..all u'll crazy talkin bout take off from wife and mommy...did u'll figet we are "SUPERWOMEN" wecan't take a day off.... :angry::hehe: ...although, I REALLY WANT ONE "ARGH"! i'm starting to plan my vaca for next year...since we caaan afford JA yet..we may go to Disney

Do you get some sort of deals at Disney? The whole reason I ended up in Jamaica on my very first trip was cause it was cheaper then going to Florida and Disney.

I want to take Andre to Disney, Sea World, and Universal Studios.

Thats' so nice Nanny...finally

well after calling many obgyns and some tears...i finally have a appointment for october 11th....i feel much better....

That's kind of what I was discussing with Andre.....going back is so much more then just the price of the plane tickets. For one, his mother no longer has water or electric. I used to be okay without the electric part; but not without water. I refuse. So, we are talking a hotel or a resort. Food, transportation, and of course, the required "when you come back could you bring me................" Oh, and entertainment. Definately not going to be as economical as it used to be.

I see your point. It might be better for us to focus on some vacation trip instead.

Jomo, I thought it was b/c of her insurance thing that was driving her up the wall..and she didn't quite figure it out ..

well after calling many obgyns and some tears...i finally have a appointment for october 11th....i feel much better....

OK....what did I miss here?

Are you okay?

yes i am fine...it was because w/ this card all the places were talking to me like i was alien...and i would say the provider name and they would say well we have no clue what you are talking about good bye...the last place i called was SO nice they kinda new what i was talking about because another patient has it as well...so i said sign me up....make mes feel better knowing that someone else that is going there also has this card....

Timeline
Girl, no ! PORK !...that is like telling him a cuss word...He's making calalloo today !! :angry:

Ur big yellow hummer huh...when u dun paying all these fees. I was looking at the prices for the girls to come up #355 each..memba a 3 a dem.. :angry:

Can I vent for a minute

No pork for him, huh?

U know it...

Can I vent for a minute

Kimmy,

-Gill (L)

Yah, Kimmy....we want to adopt his orphaned nephew. I'll really have to psych myself out to start that process.

I have a really funny story to tell you about pork..........Andre's mom is rasta and so are her last 3 kids. One day, I went down to visit and brought Andre four cans of the Spam he requested. Of course, all the kids (there were 11 of them then) flocked around and wanted some. So, Andre cuts it up and doles it out. None for me....I DO NOT eat that stuff. Anyhow, somehow the next morning his mom found out they had eaten it and she blew a gasket. OMG, if you could've seen it. She was cussing and beating them and yelling. It was sad; but incredibly funny at the same time. Needless to say, I never took him Spam after that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Here is the thing about that country 3 hours away.....I could call Japan cheaper then I could call Jamaica. I was like WTH???????????????

Yuh Dyam Right JG!!! I figured out that I have spent over $7000 since December 2006 on my cell phone bill in calls to JA. And don't think I didn't include ALL 200 pages as my proof of relationship with my initial filing!!! <Surrrps> :no: It had to count for something!

Gill

I spent more than that Deyoungting (it was under $15,000 but over $7,000) during the "proof" phase (from when we first met to right before our Kingston interview)...if that ain't love (and foolishness :wacko::blush:) I don't know what was. I was calling straight using my Nextel service and calling cards combined. When he finally saw the packet of proof with all the phone bills and calling card receipts, he was on hush. I don't regret any of it but I'm glad that is over and done with. I could afford to call like that back then.

I feel the same way..like come on already geeeese..I called Germany and had 10hrs...10hrs !! :angry:

Here is the thing about that country 3 hours away.....I could call Japan cheaper then I could call Jamaica. I was like WTH???????????????

I hear it is all about cell phone towers and all that technical jargon. But since every single person in Jamaica pretty much has a cell phone, you'd think they would bring the technology along a whole lot quicker.

I GUESS that's what they think Megafone is...HUH!!! That thing is such a mess!! Ken had to go to the beach near his house and go out into about 2 ft of water to get a strong signal :lol::lol: During the day wasn't so bad, but at night people thought he was CRAZY!! :blink:

:blink::lol:!

I honestly never sat down and figured it out in one total. I never wanted to really know. I'd probably make myself sick with the actual total. I do know, a full 15 months later, and I am still dealing with the consequences.

I never regretted either. You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

That's actually how I feel, if not for that $7000, I would never really know if he was 'the one'...you know what I mean?? I know it sounds crazy, but I kindda look at it as an emotional investment. And I know what you mean about dreading the cell phone bill day! :angry: Can't wait til this phase is O-V-E-R!!!!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Can I vent for a minute

mike was the same way...had a couple of his favorites and that was it...he wouldn't try anything else....so i gave up..

Can I vent for a minute

We made a deal last night. Fridays are Non-Jamaican food nights. LOL. He said that's cool as long as it doesn't make him have to use the bathroom. :o:blink: As in...it better taste good.

Timeline

hAHAHAAheeehheeee...OMG! I am dying :lol: I know exactly what ur saying..pork is like the forbidden fruit in most Jamaican home

Can I vent for a minute

No pork for him, huh?

U know it...

Can I vent for a minute

Kimmy,

-Gill (L)

Yah, Kimmy....we want to adopt his orphaned nephew. I'll really have to psych myself out to start that process.I have a really funny story to tell you about pork..........Andre's mom is rasta and so are her last 3 kids. One day, I went down to visit and brought Andre four cans of the Spam he requested. Of course, all the kids (there were 11 of them then) flocked around and wanted some. So, Andre cuts it up and doles it out. None for me....I DO NOT eat that stuff. Anyhow, somehow the next morning his mom found out they had eaten it and she blew a gasket. OMG, if you could've seen it. She was cussing and beating them and yelling. It was sad; but incredibly funny at the same time. Needless to say, I never took him Spam after that.

Timeline
Girl, no ! PORK !...that is like telling him a cuss word... :lol::lol: He's making calalloo today !! :angry:

Do they even still have pigs or hogs in JA., because to me it's like NO ONE eats it there anymore! Ken is the same way, NO PORK!!! And every now and then I love myself some bacon (shhhhhhhhh) :o ...I'll have to eat it on the DL when he arrives. Typically, I use turkey bacon, but just every now and then...real bacon hits the SPOT!!

Gill

Can I vent for a minute

We made a deal last night. Fridays are Non-Jamaican food nights. LOL. He said that's cool as long as it doesn't make him have to use the bathroom. :o:blink: As in...it better taste good.

LOL... :lol: -That's a good idea KK. I'll 'TRY' to implement that when Ken arrives.

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

HAhaaaa....I like turkey bacon maself...also turkey hot dogs...

Girl, no ! PORK !...that is like telling him a cuss word... :lol::lol: He's making calalloo today !! :angry:

Do they even still have pigs or hogs in JA., because to me it's like NO ONE eats it there anymore! Ken is the same way, NO PORK!!! And every now and then I love myself some bacon (shhhhhhhhh) :o ...I'll have to eat it on the DL when he arrives. Typically, I use turkey bacon, but just every now and then...real bacon hits the SPOT!!

Gill

Can I vent for a minute

LOL... :lol: -That's a good idea KK. I'll 'TRY' to implement that when Ken arrives.

Gill

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.