Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Peeps!

I have been in so much rhaatid pain with my neck and shoulder. DAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNGGG!!!!! I have a small problem...my telephone company, Talk America, was changed to Cavetel recently. Well, I have began stockpiling my bills so that I will have records of the MANY calls to Jamaica. Well lo and behold...I have not been billed for any of my international calls since July! Awesome for my pockets...but bad for proof of ongoing relationship right?

The rep said she doesn't know if they will be able to find those calls, and if they can, they will be added to ONE bill! Cha! Will that be a problem to have all the calls since July billed on one bill for USCIS?

Good news is that my divorce should be finalized by November I think. I have to take a course though even though we have been separated for 3 years.

A course? For kids? My ex- and I had to take one in regards to our kids. It was a pretty useless way to spend a Saturday morning.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Peeps!

I have been in so much rhaatid pain with my neck and shoulder. DAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNGGG!!!!! I have a small problem...my telephone company, Talk America, was changed to Cavetel recently. Well, I have began stockpiling my bills so that I will have records of the MANY calls to Jamaica. Well lo and behold...I have not been billed for any of my international calls since July! Awesome for my pockets...but bad for proof of ongoing relationship right?

The rep said she doesn't know if they will be able to find those calls, and if they can, they will be added to ONE bill! Cha! Will that be a problem to have all the calls since July billed on one bill for USCIS?

Good news is that my divorce should be finalized by November I think. I have to take a course though even though we have been separated for 3 years.

HAHAHAA..that's right Jomo, please girl they didn't even ask for phone bills from us. I never call direct unless i HAD to to him RIGHT this minute all my calls were made from a calling ard.. i couldn't afford those bills..u kidding

Whoa there.........just wait a minute. You WANT them to charge you for those calls just so you have your proof? I so wish someone had made that mistake with me. I'd probably be rich by now! :crying:

I'd say as long as the calls show the dates, there shouldn't be any issues at all for you.

Of course I didn't want to be charged for the calls, I was thinking that the detail was just missing from the bills. I hated that I asked about the missing calls, but I couldn't take it back. The good thing is that my rate is 19 cents per minute (small consolation nonetheless)....*sigh*

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

AHhaaa...U ARE SO RIGHT....when I had to make those few direct calls getting hat bill was damn ! this much to call a country 3 hrs away....ridiculous.

Hey Peeps!

HAHAHAA..that's right Jomo, please girl they didn't even ask for phone bills from us. I never call direct unless i HAD to to him RIGHT this minute all my calls were made from a calling ard.. i couldn't afford those bills..u kidding

Whoa there.........just wait a minute. You WANT them to charge you for those calls just so you have your proof? I so wish someone had made that mistake with me. I'd probably be rich by now! :crying:

I'd say as long as the calls show the dates, there shouldn't be any issues at all for you.

I used a LD service where I dialed an 800 number and then typed in his number when prompted. All they could see on my bills were a whole bunch of 800 numbers. No one questioned it.

That whole LD phone calls thing nearly broke me, Kimmy. I swear it was cheaper to go visit then call.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Here is the thing about that country 3 hours away.....I could call Japan cheaper then I could call Jamaica. I was like WTH???????????????

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I feel the same way..like come on already geeeese..I called Germany and had 10hrs...10hrs !! :angry:

Here is the thing about that country 3 hours away.....I could call Japan cheaper then I could call Jamaica. I was like WTH???????????????

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yuh Dyam Right JG!!! I figured out that I have spent over $7000 since December 2006 on my cell phone bill in calls to JA. And don't think I didn't include ALL 200 pages as my proof of relationship with my initial filing!!! <Surrrps> :no: It had to count for something!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
I feel the same way..like come on already geeeese..I called Germany and had 10hrs...10hrs !! :angry:

I hear it is all about cell phone towers and all that technical jargon. But since every single person in Jamaica pretty much has a cell phone, you'd think they would bring the technology along a whole lot quicker.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Peeps!

A course? For kids? My ex- and I had to take one in regards to our kids. It was a pretty useless way to spend a Saturday morning.

Yeah the course is a seminar for divorcing parents. I don't understand how I would benefit from this class, or my kids. We have already worked through the transition phase.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

Yuh Dyam Right JG!!! I figured out that I have spent over $7000 since December 2006 on my cell phone bill in calls to JA. And don't think I didn't include ALL 200 pages as my proof of relationship with my initial filing!!! <Surrrps> :no: It had to count for something!

Gill

Yah, I figured I could've probably bought a nice car or talked to Andre on the phone. Sad; but true.

I hated to get that bill in the mail. Your comment on the pages made me laugh. I once got a bill in a little box cause it had so many pages. Scary stuff now that I think of it.

The GOOD news is my LD bill for the past month was a scant $17.65. It does get better, girls!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I hear it is all about cell phone towers and all that technical jargon. But since every single person in Jamaica pretty much has a cell phone, you'd think they would bring the technology along a whole lot quicker.

I GUESS that's what they think Megafone is...HUH!!! That thing is such a mess!! Ken had to go to the beach near his house and go out into about 2 ft of water to get a strong signal :lol::lol: During the day wasn't so bad, but at night people thought he was CRAZY!! :blink:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Gill

Yah, I figured I could've probably bought a nice car or talked to Andre on the phone. Sad; but true.

I hated to get that bill in the mail. Your comment on the pages made me laugh. I once got a bill in a little box cause it had so many pages. Scary stuff now that I think of it.

The GOOD news is my LD bill for the past month was a scant $17.65. It does get better, girls!

Wooo-hoo...thank god!! I can't wait til I can have a bill that's less than $200 again!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
Hey Peeps!

Yeah the course is a seminar for divorcing parents. I don't understand how I would benefit from this class, or my kids. We have already worked through the transition phase.

It was a waste for us too. I did see where it could benefit some people, though. When I went, there were a few people there, who when they answered some of the questions, made me question whether the kids would even survive. Some people are scary.

Ours cost us like$50 each and a couple hours in a room with a bunch of other divorcing people. It wasn't overly brutal or anything. Just a waste of a Saturday morning. And, once it was over, it was over and done with. Just make sure they give you or mail you a receipt after. I had to call on mine to get them to finally send it. Nothing progressed until you had that receipt turned in. I'm just glad I called to check up on things.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I GUESS that's what they think Megafone is...HUH!!! That thing is such a mess!! Ken had to go to the beach near his house and go out into about 2 ft of water to get a strong signal :lol::lol: During the day wasn't so bad, but at night people thought he was CRAZY!! :blink:

All I know is what I hear about that thing. Andre was gone well before it became popular. It sounds like a great idea.....if it works. Most reports say it's a piece of $@#&!!!!! Hopefully, it will get better with time.

2 ft of water? Oh how funny.

A little disclaimer about our current LD phone bill. Part of the reason it is so low is that.....well, let's just say people are making us angry in Jamaica. So, not only do we not take their calls a lot of the time, we aren't making any either. It hasn't been over $50 since he came here. That, in itself, is a blessing.

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill

I spent more than that Deyoungting (it was under $15,000 but over $7,000) during the "proof" phase (from when we first met to right before our Kingston interview)...if that ain't love (and foolishness :wacko::blush:) I don't know what was. I was calling straight using my Nextel service and calling cards combined. When he finally saw the packet of proof with all the phone bills and calling card receipts, he was on hush. I don't regret any of it but I'm glad that is over and done with. I could afford to call like that back then.

:blink::lol:!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Gill

I spent more than that Deyoungting (it was under $15,000 but over $7,000) during the "proof" phase (from when we first met to right before our Kingston interview)...if that ain't love (and foolishness :wacko::blush:) I don't know what was. I was calling straight using my Nextel service and calling cards combined. When he finally saw the packet of proof with all the phone bills and calling card receipts, he was on hush. I don't regret any of it but I'm glad that is over and done with. I could afford to call like that back then.

:blink::lol:!

I honestly never sat down and figured it out in one total. I never wanted to really know. I'd probably make myself sick with the actual total. I do know, a full 15 months later, and I am still dealing with the consequences.

I never regretted either. You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.