Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, it's after midnight, it's officially now MY BIRTHDAY :dance::luv::star: They guys who work for me just brought me in a cake and a card filled with scratch off lotto tickets. Maybe I'll win big and I can retire :devil:

I have a 3 day weekend off work this - we're moving into our new house Sat. and Sun. so I won't be online again til Monday night. Hope everyone has a good weekend! Likkle-bit!

Happy birthday Rhonda and congrats on the new house :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Yeah he did come thru JFK..but we didn't get a work stamp...they never asked and just cause we did agree pon a "start working" time frame it neva stress mi..but yes u can get one there as far as i've read on here

u see it Gill....mi just get a breaj cause hubby come..but when him get a work a it dat again...it rough man...

Fi real Gill mi chile, It too crazy plus if we have another child plus my step kids dat a go mek 6 pickney we affi mine...unless mi tun Donald Trump..how mi ago do it a NY..although it a go tough anywhere else :) I was also looking in to Marrietta, kinda far, mi also a look pon Lawrenceville..

:ot:

I want to move out of NY..can't stand it anymore..I'm thinking about GA..Hoping i'll get into this MS program and be outta here in 2yrs..

I don't wanna pay all this money taxes and this huge mortgage

Sister...I hear you on DAT!!!! NY is just way too expensive! I was actually looking into Marrietta, GA. Ken doesn't care. But, trying to have a good quality of life, pay bills and own a home is darn near impossible here!

:angry::angry:

Gill

Yes Girl...yuh dyam right! Mi halready awork 2 job,'im a guh haffi work 6, (like a tru Yardie) if we waan stay yuhso! :lol: Mi tiyad a di struggle! Surrrrrps! Truss mi pretty soon NY is going to be nuttin but RICH and hold people...because fi dem a git all the housing breaks! Spitzer a guh haffi jump pon dat quick quick!!

Plus Ken waan chat bout waan breed mi Surrrrrrrrps, not wid day care costs the way deh is right anow! I already have 2 and he has 1 (who will be living wid us)...suh mi nuh kuh how dat a guh work...But like Bob says 'Time will Tell' :yes:

Gill

GA. also has a nice likkle JA. community...cause mi caan to far from mi hardo bread han calalloo! :yes:

Kimmy,

He went through JFK when 'im reach? How dat deh Work permit stamp dem give run?? 'Im git dat? Dem seh if yuh come through JFK dem can git automatic approval fi work wid a stamp himmigration put inna dem passport. Yuh know hennyting bout dat?

Gill

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Haven't been able to get back here in a while, I have 200 pages to read through. :bonk:

My fiance is now my husband, we got married not too long ago. I didn't see any point in rushing since we weren't going to make the 7/30 deadline.

Picking him up at the airport was a little crazy because his flight got delayed a couple of times and then had to circle for a while.

We went to SS and got his SSN the other day, it should come in the mail soon. We didn't have any problem, but I wonder if it was because hubby had the EAD in his passport and it was not expired? In any case, the guy at the window just took the information and we were done in five minutes.

Hubby has been settling in okay, although I know he can't wait to be able to work. It took us a little while to adjust to living together, but things are going well now.

Hmm, what else can I update you on? We haven't started AOS, we don't have the funds right now. The other thing that we'll get started on as soon as we have the funds is bringing his two children over. They're both named in his visa, so we have to get it done by next June. I wonder if the process will take about a year and whether the children will have the same 6 month period to use the visa. I'll look it up when I have time.

I hope things are going well with all of you, I have a lot to catch up on. :D

I want to say thank you to all of you in this forum. I don't know how I would have managed the process without your input and support. I know we still have a lot ahead of us, but at least he's here. (L)

Finesse, I saw that you are waiting on your fiancee's visa, so the interview must have gone well at last. Congratulations, I'm so happy to hear that things finally worked out. (F)

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Haven't been able to get back here in a while, I have 200 pages to read through. :bonk:

My fiance is now my husband, we got married not too long ago. I didn't see any point in rushing since we weren't going to make the 7/30 deadline.

Picking him up at the airport was a little crazy because his flight got delayed a couple of times and then had to circle for a while.

We went to SS and got his SSN the other day, it should come in the mail soon. We didn't have any problem, but I wonder if it was because hubby had the EAD in his passport and it was not expired? In any case, the guy at the window just took the information and we were done in five minutes.

Hubby has been settling in okay, although I know he can't wait to be able to work. It took us a little while to adjust to living together, but things are going well now.

Hmm, what else can I update you on? We haven't started AOS, we don't have the funds right now. The other thing that we'll get started on as soon as we have the funds is bringing his two children over. They're both named in his visa, so we have to get it done by next June. I wonder if the process will take about a year and whether the children will have the same 6 month period to use the visa. I'll look it up when I have time.

I hope things are going well with all of you, I have a lot to catch up on. :D

I want to say thank you to all of you in this forum. I don't know how I would have managed the process without your input and support. I know we still have a lot ahead of us, but at least he's here. (L)

Finesse, I saw that you are waiting on your fiancee's visa, so the interview must have gone well at last. Congratulations, I'm so happy to hear that things finally worked out. (F)

Yes, slowly but surely all went well. I was wondering what happened to you but assumed you were having a good time with your man! We are waiting patiently...I'm pretty good at that by now. Feel free to share your adjustment experience.

Timeline

Has anyone ever filed DCF through the US Embassy in Jamaica?

The reason I ask is that I see the benefits of it. I read that you dont necessarily need to live abroad to go DCF, the consulate could do it for you as a courtesy. Not sure the US is that courteous to Jamaicans though.

Anyway, My reasons for wanting to go DCF are because my working situation keeps changing. I really think God is putting our relationship to the test, and giving us these trials so that we can have that much of a sweeter victory is HIS name later. Am I confusing you? Well let me explain....

The week I got engaged I also got fired. I just came back from a JA visit and was beaming from my new engagement. Me and (now hubby) didnt know much about the visa options or process then, so we didnt know which visa we would do. I got fired from my job 3 days after returning from this trip. This put a damper in our plans, cause I couldnt file anything without a job. I had mortgages and insurance to pay and I needed to save for our wedding which we planned for this past August. I was out of work for 2 months. Eventually I found a job through a recruiter in my field. The job was temp to hire, but seemed very promising. It was very close to my house paid well, and I enjoyed the work. I had a plan to return to JA in Aug for my wedding and stay a month. I let the employer know that I would need to be gone a month. This of course is not normally ok, but since I was not a direct hire yet, I could make my schedule. Emplyer was fine with it, and completely understood my situation, of wanting to spend time with my husband who would not be with me for awhile due to immigration. Before leaving employer complemented me and said that they would like me to get on direct hire once they worked out the schedule and workload. Employer complemented my skills and everyone seemed to like me. They gave me a going away wedding party before my departure. Well I stayed my month in JA, got married and now I return to an email (on Friday) that the workload at said job has changed and my services are no longer needed. :crying: How can this be?!! I literally was reading it as I was on the phone with hubby during our first talk after my arrival back home from JA today. Talk about a stab in the heart and then a nice twist to follow!! I literally was a crying mess the entire trip home today and to read that email when I was on the phone with him, just shattered my heart and all my hopes and dreams of starting my visa filing.

How can I afford this new hefty CR1 fee now, and pay my bills. I used my savings for this 1 month trip and the wedding, and now I am without a job, without my husband and just plain sad sad sad. I have no idea when I can file now. I am just venting on here cause I am sure some of the Yardies may understand.

I feel like God is giving me a sign to move from LA to JA. Why would HE be making it this hard for us to even begin this whole US visa thing? Should I be the one moving and not hubby? We have talked about it many times. We both would much rather live in JA, but its alot harder and opportunities are better in the US. Am I going against Gods plan for us by trying to move hubby out here? Hence my DCF question.

Has anyone gone DCF?

Does having mutiple jobs for short period of times on your app., look bad to the UCSIS when doing your avidavit of support?

If I have these breaks, will I look like I can support him?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(L)

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Marlita

Welcome home and congrats on your wedding :thumbs:

Sorry to hear about the things going on with you (F) Hang in there things will get better, remember that god won't put anymore on you than you can handle, keep your faith in him.

I can't answer your question about DCF but I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The reason I ask is that I see the benefits of it. I read that you dont necessarily need to live abroad to go DCF, the consulate could do it for you as a courtesy. Not sure the US is that courteous to Jamaicans though.

Anyway, My reasons for wanting to go DCF are because my working situation keeps changing. I really think God is putting our relationship to the test, and giving us these trials so that we can have that much of a sweeter victory is HIS name later. Am I confusing you? Well let me explain....

The week I got engaged I also got fired. I just came back from a JA visit and was beaming from my new engagement. Me and (now hubby) didnt know much about the visa options or process then, so we didnt know which visa we would do. I got fired from my job 3 days after returning from this trip. This put a damper in our plans, cause I couldnt file anything without a job. I had mortgages and insurance to pay and I needed to save for our wedding which we planned for this past August. I was out of work for 2 months. Eventually I found a job through a recruiter in my field. The job was temp to hire, but seemed very promising. It was very close to my house paid well, and I enjoyed the work. I had a plan to return to JA in Aug for my wedding and stay a month. I let the employer know that I would need to be gone a month. This of course is not normally ok, but since I was not a direct hire yet, I could make my schedule. Emplyer was fine with it, and completely understood my situation, of wanting to spend time with my husband who would not be with me for awhile due to immigration. Before leaving employer complemented me and said that they would like me to get on direct hire once they worked out the schedule and workload. Employer complemented my skills and everyone seemed to like me. They gave me a going away wedding party before my departure. Well I stayed my month in JA, got married and now I return to an email (on Friday) that the workload at said job has changed and my services are no longer needed. :crying: How can this be?!! I literally was reading it as I was on the phone with hubby during our first talk after my arrival back home from JA today. Talk about a stab in the heart and then a nice twist to follow!! I literally was a crying mess the entire trip home today and to read that email when I was on the phone with him, just shattered my heart and all my hopes and dreams of starting my visa filing.

How can I afford this new hefty CR1 fee now, and pay my bills. I used my savings for this 1 month trip and the wedding, and now I am without a job, without my husband and just plain sad sad sad. I have no idea when I can file now. I am just venting on here cause I am sure some of the Yardies may understand.

I feel like God is giving me a sign to move from LA to JA. Why would HE be making it this hard for us to even begin this whole US visa thing? Should I be the one moving and not hubby? We have talked about it many times. We both would much rather live in JA, but its alot harder and opportunities are better in the US. Am I going against Gods plan for us by trying to move hubby out here? Hence my DCF question.

Has anyone gone DCF?

Does having mutiple jobs for short period of times on your app., look bad to the UCSIS when doing your avidavit of support?

(L)

Hey Marlita,

I can't answer your DCF question but, Congrats on your successful trip to JA and your safe trip home. :thumbs::thumbs: I am sorry to hear about your situation, but hang in there. Maybe God is not testing you, maybe it is the devil sticking his big foot into what God had ordained. Remember, he likes us to be miserable and will do anything to make us doubt our decision. Remember you met your hubby and fell in love through divine intervention and the devil hates that. Just continue to be positive and pray to God for guidance. :thumbs::thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Has anyone gone DCF?

(L)

Marlita, not going to say I'm sorry to hear what you're going through because I am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason...Figuring out what exactly the reason is sometimes proves difficult!!

The embassy is VERY unlikely to do a DCF if you don't live there, their main aim seems to make life as difficult as possible for everyone...As of 2000 they weren't may have changed now, but unlikely!

As for the options you have considered.

You don't need me to tell you life in Jamaica can be difficult, add a new husband, new country and new living conditions into the mix, can be a HUGE challenge.

But, not insurmountable by any means....What I would do if I were in your shoes is start looking for jobs there, ask a realtor about market rent for your house here, if the sums add up, why not go for it?

I would email the embassy and find out the residency requirements for DCF so you have that option open. The only thing I am not sure of is how you would meet the financial requirements if you were not domiciled in the US.

The other option you have is to find a co-sponsor, that way will not matter to the USCIS whether you are working or not.

The only problem you would then have is your application fees.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has anyone gone DCF?

(L)

Hey Marlita things happen for a reason and sometimes we have to go through some tough times before the good comes out of it. I really don't know to much about the DCF but I would consider relocation to JA for awhile. You can always look at the postings online especially from the gleaner website. Considering the situation, I would weigh all options before I left. As we all know, things can get tough in JA but it doesn't necessarily have to. There are some good paying jobs there and life can be great there as well. Who knows maybe you were destined to be there. The good thing is that you will always have the option to get up and come back if things don't work out well. "PATIENCE" is also important. Maybe god is showing you that things are moving too fast and he wants you to slow down a bit. You can really look at it from all different angles but you have to decide on your gut feeling. Only you can say what the best option is for you. Take care and I pray that everything work its way out. You will overcome this obstacle.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has anyone gone DCF?

(L)

Marlita, not going to say I'm sorry to hear what you're going through because I am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason...Figuring out what exactly the reason is sometimes proves difficult!!

The embassy is VERY unlikely to do a DCF if you don't live there, their main aim seems to make life as difficult as possible for everyone...As of 2000 they weren't may have changed now, but unlikely!

As for the options you have considered.

You don't need me to tell you life in Jamaica can be difficult, add a new husband, new country and new living conditions into the mix, can be a HUGE challenge.

But, not insurmountable by any means....What I would do if I were in your shoes is start looking for jobs there, ask a realtor about market rent for your house here, if the sums add up, why not go for it?

I would email the embassy and find out the residency requirements for DCF so you have that option open. The only thing I am not sure of is how you would meet the financial requirements if you were not domiciled in the US.

The other option you have is to find a co-sponsor, that way will not matter to the USCIS whether you are working or not.

The only problem you would then have is your application fees.

that is good advice....just like what i would have said.....

not sure if relocating to JA is the best thing to do...you need to sit back and think about the whole situation first before you decide anything...

like alien said if you move to JA how would you still be able to afford everything...and meet the financial requirements? not talking you out of going there...but you DO need to think about all of these things...moving to JA is a big deal!!! instead of him adjusting it will be you....i mean you have a lot of options a lot of decisions...i would just take a couple of days write everything out...write out all of your financial responsibilities here vs. JA...what about a job there...what about a car there...all things that need to be thought about...

Timeline

Thanks for the advice and support ladies! This is such a difficult predicament I am in. I went to sleep with it on my mind, I woke with it on my mind, and I just dont know what our best option is. I prayed about it asking God to show give me the understanding for this situation so that I may know what it is He wants us to do.

The DCF thing would be great if I could jut stay in the States and file it, with an intent to move to JA. I just feel lost about all the plans that we made now. We wanted to file CR1 and have him come here first and within 2 years or so move back to Jamaica with a better financial plan. We're not really rushed for him to get here cause he has a good job in Jamaica that will benefit him greatly if he stays on it and transfers here in a year. My concern is that I dont know if I want to continue in my career field anymore, with all these changes in my job, my resume is beginning to look choppy and I dont look dependable.

I think of just renting my house and moving to JA, doing what I do here out there....I'm in architecture and design. I could look into contracting with one of the developers for the hotel and condo industry in Jamaica, but I dont know. Augh!!!

It makes me so sad to know that i could've just stayed in JA a bit longer this last trip, and been able to figure stuff out there with Evan beside me. Now I am stuck in a budget crisis and not knowing when I can afford to go back, or file my paperwork. His pay can support him, there but adding me to it, will be a daily struggle, adding the cost of visa fees, police cert, medical reports, etc in the US dollar will definitely be above his budget so even though Evan is great at supporting me when I am there, he cannot support our visa endeavor.

Nannygirl and AlienUKgirl, you are both right....I need to sit back and access the pros and cons of the situation. I think I have been thinking conventionally of our situation when it is all but conventional. I thought I would just have my great job working for a company and file my visa and sit and wait for his arrival. But maybe I need to give myself a kick start and do what really makes me happy....which isnt working for someone else. Evan I am are both focused on living a life pleasing to God and flexible and happy. Jamaica has our heart and would be our ideal place to live and there are so many people who live there in great conditions, even better than I live in California, you just have to be smart about how you do it. So I guess its back to the drawing board for us in figuring out what to do next. :star:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's really slow on VJ today....people must be on VACATION?????

Yeah, really slow. How is it having your honey here? :D

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's really slow on VJ today....people must be on VACATION?????

Yeah, really slow. How is it having your honey here? :D

Hey Ladies,

I was wondering the same thing! Both...where is everyone :unsure: and KK- how was your weekend? ;)

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Good morning Yardies

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.