Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
texas girl u gotta keep us posted as much as u can. sean will prolly come in june and then u and i will be in the same boat at least the men will be. he is already quiet and im havin some problems finding the vibe for him again so i know its going to be tough.

nannygirl- my prayers gp out to you to make the best decision. maybe you should take him on a vacation to see his family then leave him there one way ticket.

Okay TEXASBOUND!!! Finally came up for air! :devil::devil:

How are things going?

HELLO FAMILY!!! Wow, it took a minute to catch up on whats been going on here.

1st Nannygirl----Hugs to you, Please pray & communicate.

Sonshyne....no visa yet!!!! I know how you feel truly.

Ricardo....congrats.

OK, me. Well, sweetie made it last week. Got the Employment stamp---mission accomplished. He will start work in 2 weeks w. many options. He got sick the first few days because he was up north in the freakin snow. Of course his family up there (need I mind you extended family who didnt do shi***to get him here in the 1st place) didnt know what to do to take care of him etc. The weather was a true shock to his system. He did enjoy meeting them though. Im sure theres more to it that Im not being told. Anyway, his so called cousin screwed him out of his flight a couple of times ---didnt get him to the airport etc. You know I was pissed off. Nonetheless, he is here now. His first day he was sleeping a lot, not talking much or eating. This is what I call depression!!! I know thanks to many of you that this transition will take time. So Ive been helping him through it. We have gone out to a Caribbean dinner, malls, riding around just etc. he has finally met my family (who love him), he has been totally awesome & accepted by my 4 year old--He even started to teach him how to ride his bike yesterday. I need to just get him acclimated to the surroundings a few times. He loves the weather ---he can wear his shorts again. One day at a time. I hate leaving him to go to work, but he is understanding. I am willing to go home everyday for lunch until he gets his job to keep him on his toes & going. I do feel for him. I just have to remind myself that yes, he did leave everything he knew. It did feel like he resented me. I understand though & in time we will be back up. Im trying to get him comfortable & to be happy being here & remind him that he can still be independent. This a.m. I got a "I love you too" which put a huge smile on my face. Tonight we are going to a NBA game & Im anxious to take him to Home Depot & the Market. We went to a Caribbean grocery store which was worthless---no Betty Milk, no blue mountain coffee, no Horlicks--what a mess. All in all, I am still so happy he is here. I keep reminding myself that its not me & he is not on vacation like I was before. One day at a time, one step at a time. I do feel that if he didn't have an opportunity to work quickly it would be devastating. I couldn't imagine having him wait up to 6 months to work. That would be too damaging. My next step is to have him driving. :)

Thanks for that. This is a challenge. But I am in prayer & hopeful. With a job on the horizon he will get his manhood back quickly.

08-25-06 Package Sent
Package was redirected to CSC
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-18-06 Recd Original Birth Cert in mailed
11-18-06 Touch (On Saturday?)
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-4-06 NVC has packet issued case #
12-6-06 Recd email confirming NOA2 Approval finally.
12-6-06 File in the mail to Embassy per NVC.
12-8-06 Embassy sign for NVC packet
12-18-06 Embassy emails stating Packet 3 in mail to Fiancee.
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-3-07 Embassy receives DS 230
1-19-07 Embassy confirms interview appt. date & time via phone.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3
2-20-07 Medical @ Andrews completed
2-15-07 Received Packet #3 in mail

[b]Interview Date: March 13, 2007 9am[/b]
APPROVED 3/13/07
Had to fly back without Fiancee 3/20

PICKED UP VISA @ EMBASSY DAY 22!!!!
Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
TEXAS BOUND-TEXAS ARRIVAL 4/11
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Guess who's #1 on the list...(well at least I think, if Rhonda hasn't beat me to it)

ME!!!!

Took two tests and both are positive, and still no cycle. Made doc appt for next month. I might buy another brand just to be sure but I've been told that there are usually false negatives instead of false positives :yes:

We are so excited :lol:

OH MY GOSH we're gonna be PREGGO together :dance::D CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What was the day of your last period? I can help you determine your due date!!!! (I'm a fast learner!!)

Based on first date of LMP (Mar. 10), I believe due date is Dec. 15. Calling the docs office every day to get a sooner appt. than May 12 :(

CONGRATS MY GIRL :dance::dance::dance:

Ok ladies, so here's my dilemma: I already booked part of our next trip to Jamaica. The bad part is that it is for Nov. 3-10 and I will be about 8 months pregnant at that time :o I do NOT think we should be travelling to a foreign country that far along in my pregnancy :no: With my luck I would go into labor on the airplane :bonk:

What sucks is that I'm not sure when we're gonna go now. We didn't really want to go in the summer because it's actually nice and warm here and it's Tony's busiest time at work. And then Sept. and Oct. are the worst months for hurricane season. :help: We don't want to wait until next year, because Tony wants to see his family and friends. Any suggestions???

Go during your maternity leave. We're planning to go going around the middle of Feb (I know baby needs 6 weeks shots and clearance from doc, and a damn passport :angry:) and probably staying until end of March.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
After 24 days of waiting :whistle: .... We finally got our Visa :dance::dance:

Wow!! Great news!! Do you know why it took so long?

Congrats Rhonda and Jonesie on your pregnancy!!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Go during your maternity leave. We're planning to go going around the middle of Feb (I know baby needs 6 weeks shots and clearance from doc, and a damn passport :angry:) and probably staying until end of March.

Thats kinda what I was thinking...go AFTER the baby and that way Tony can see all his family PLUS show off the new baby :yes: Plus that would be a great time for you to kinda relax after having a baby and if Tony has a big family (can't remember) I am sure you will have no trouble having helping hands while you get some R&R.

Congrats again...Could you guys imagine if you have the same due date!?!?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

****OFF TOPIC****

I am going for a job interview type thing and have to take a test using Publisher...I have used all the other Microsoft Office stuff like excel, powerpoint etc. Anybody use Publisher? Is it pretty straightforward? I really want this job so I need to ace this test. Any ideas to help me out? Unfortunatley they dont' have publisher here so I can't even just play around with it.... :help:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Joneise and Rhonda :dance: All the best through your pregnancies.

name='Sonshyne' post='839460' date='Apr 15 2007, 10:48 AM']After 24 days of waiting :whistle: .... We finally got our Visa :dance::dance:

Congrats :)!!!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Hey Gang!

Unless I missed something...I've been trying to see where exactly this "drama" you are all talking about that started. I too have been here from the get-go when Miss Squitto started the thread...and needed your support when I was going through my journey which ended in a denial. I have to say...sometimes this thread is always "cheery - o" and very supportive. Which is very much needed because we all have experienced that "are you nuts" looks and comments from family & friends when we tell them what we are doing. But then the JA fiance/spouse enters the US and we have a whole new journey ahead of us. Some are blissful....some are not.

But I think when people add their comments (good or bad) we need to listen to it and also take it with a grain of salt. I feel we need to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions about how they handled a certain situation(s). But by tearing down the person that may have posted something"negative" (in your opinion) doesn't mean that he/she isn't trying to help. He/she is adding his/her advice too. And if you don't like what they have to say...then don't listen. Skim over it and move on. While I am no longer on this "journey"....I still get excited about your arrivals and adjustments. We need the vets (Mindy, Squitto, Jamie, Rhonda, Jonesie & Nyseness) And we still the newbies because they keep changing the damn paperwork!!!

In the words of Rodney King......"Can't we all just get along?"

And what some of the JA men are doing these days...has little or nothing to do with them being Jamaican. It's men being men. :blink: Gotta love em!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Gang!

Unless I missed something...I've been trying to see where exactly this "drama" you are all talking about that started. I too have been here from the get-go when Miss Squitto started the thread...and needed your support when I was going through my journey which ended in a denial. I have to say...sometimes this thread is always "cheery - o" and very supportive. Which is very much needed because we all have experienced that "are you nuts" looks and comments from family & friends when we tell them what we are doing. But then the JA fiance/spouse enters the US and we have a whole new journey ahead of us. Some are blissful....some are not.

But I think when people add their comments (good or bad) we need to listen to it and also take it with a grain of salt. I feel we need to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions about how they handled a certain situation(s). But by tearing down the person that may have posted something"negative" (in your opinion) doesn't mean that he/she isn't trying to help. He/she is adding his/her advice too. And if you don't like what they have to say...then don't listen. Skim over it and move on. While I am no longer on this "journey"....I still get excited about your arrivals and adjustments. We need the vets (Mindy, Squitto, Jamie, Rhonda, Jonesie & Nyseness) And we still the newbies because they keep changing the damn paperwork!!!

And what some of the JA men are doing these days...has little or nothing to do with them being Jamaican. It's men being men. :blink: Gotta love em!!!

I think things just come across wrong sometimes, Jilly.

You are almost sagelike above. Love you, girl.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Hey Gang!

I'm a newbie and I'm just curiouse to know why your visa was denied. I just started the process but I'm a bit nervous for my fiance.

Timeline
Hey Gang!

I think things just come across wrong sometimes, Jilly.

You are almost sagelike above. Love you, girl.

LMAO!! Right back at cha JG!!! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
After 24 days of waiting :whistle: .... We finally got our Visa :dance::dance:

Wow!! Great news!! Do you know why it took so long?

Congrats Rhonda and Jonesie on your pregnancy!!!

Thanks Anna

Thats kinda what I was thinking...go AFTER the baby and that way Tony can see all his family PLUS show off the new baby :yes: Plus that would be a great time for you to kinda relax after having a baby and if Tony has a big family (can't remember) I am sure you will have no trouble having helping hands while you get some R&R.

Congrats again...Could you guys imagine if you have the same due date!?!?

I was thinking the same thing! I wonder if we're both having the same gender baby...

:dance::dance::dance: WOOHOO!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Congrats to all the new VJ momma's to be!! How exciting!!!

You all gonna make some beautiful happy babies! Can't wait to see pics!

Thanks CJ :yes: how are you and the kids?

****OFF TOPIC****

I am going for a job interview type thing and have to take a test using Publisher...I have used all the other Microsoft Office stuff like excel, powerpoint etc. Anybody use Publisher? Is it pretty straightforward? I really want this job so I need to ace this test. Any ideas to help me out? Unfortunatley they dont' have publisher here so I can't even just play around with it.... :help:

Hmmm...not sure about that one. Are there any temp agencies in your area? You could register and choose Pub as one of your lessons

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Hey Gang!

I'm a newbie and I'm just curiouse to know why your visa was denied. I just started the process but I'm a bit nervous for my fiance.

He tested positive for weed in his system at his medical exam. Make sure he's clean and DENY DENY DENY no matter who askes him. We got banned for 3 years!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
****OFF TOPIC****

I have used Publisher a few times without knowing a darn thing about it and found it pretty easy to navigate.

Good luck to you!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Wow what a weekend!

Congrats to Rhonda and Jonesie on the babies! :luv:

Congrats to Sonshyne on getting that long awaited visa! (F)

I have just been working alot and finishing up my last class at Arizona State University. I will have my BA in History on May 11. Then it is my 31st birthday on May 24. My goal was to get my Ba by the time I was 30 so I made it! I still need to take my psychology statistics class in July for my 2nd BA in Anthropology. Other than that I am still waiting for a touch, RFE, or my NOA2.

Hugs to my yardie family and much (L) !

P.S. Put me back on that baby list cuz I know when Marlon gets here... :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.