• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I kinda like Tanya Stephens' CD. Nice tunes.... :dance::dance::dance:

I LOVE her Rebelution CD. I play it all the time :thumbs:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I kinda like Tanya Stephens' CD. Nice tunes.... :dance::dance::dance:

OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tanya!! She always represents for the Women dem!! She has this new song out called "What about you?" Where she is BREAKING-IT-DOWN to her man what he's needs to do in their bedroom! Basically she is telling him fi SHUT uP and git tuh WORK!!!

Do have her last album? Rebelution??? EXCELLENT!!! 'These Streets' is ofcourse my FAVORITE track. Mi suh the woman is SO talented!!! Don't get me wrong she can be a dyam crude...but she has a softer side to!! Love the track 'Damn You!' too!

I also love 'It's a Pity!!'

Don't even get me started on TANYA!! I give her nuf respect!! Plus she write majority of her own stuff!!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Sarah - So happy for you and Marlon. God Bless you both and I wish you the best with your upcoming wedding and marriage. :D:yes:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sarah - So happy for you and Marlon. God Bless you both and I wish you the best with your upcoming wedding and marriage. :D:yes:

Just want to say thanks to all the vj members. You all have been an inspiration in helping me achieving an approval the on 09/11/07. please see the complete review below.

We arrived about 6:00am and started waiting in line. We were called in about 7:00 am went in after clearing security. We went to windo 12A dropped of papers tax return, no Impediment, Ds230 Part II, Ds156, Ds 156k, DS157, I 134 with job letter and pay stubbs along with bank statements. My income was a little below for 2006 I was able to use savings and 401k to supplement income. We were then call to windo 16A for finger prints. Was told to wait for name to be called. About 8:35 was called to Windo #22A. We handed in the bank statement since they were not asked for at the first window. Was told to go sit far away while they interview my fiance'. He was asked where we met, the name and age of my kids, How often we talk on the phone, How often I visited, We filed for me to go to America and Why was I divorced from my first husband. My fiance' stumbled on the divorce details and I was called to window #22A to be interviewed alone. Was asked the same questions but Officer was concern that we did not discussed my previous divorce in details. I have been divorced for over 14 years and had several relationships after so did not know that I should tell my fiance' all the dirty details. My fiance' told me that his heart was racing like a car engine. He was called back to window and was asked to give in his passport. She then stated fill out pink paper and we were told to go to airpak accross the street We hugged and kissed and was walking on cloud nine. Wedding date is planned for October 17, 2007. Hoping visa is received in two weeks.

Filed: Timeline

12/11/2006 - Congrats on the visa! I wish your man safe travels! :dance::dance:

Finesse & KK - Hang in there, your visas will be issued very soon!!!! (L)

JG - I can't do patois either! :wacko:

Just want to say thanks to all the vj members. You all have been an inspiration in helping me achieving an approval the on 09/11/07. please see the complete review below.

We arrived about 6:00am and started waiting in line. We were called in about 7:00 am went in after clearing security. We went to windo 12A dropped of papers tax return, no Impediment, Ds230 Part II, Ds156, Ds 156k, DS157, I 134 with job letter and pay stubbs along with bank statements. My income was a little below for 2006 I was able to use savings and 401k to supplement income. We were then call to windo 16A for finger prints. Was told to wait for name to be called. About 8:35 was called to Windo #22A. We handed in the bank statement since they were not asked for at the first window. Was told to go sit far away while they interview my fiance'. He was asked where we met, the name and age of my kids, How often we talk on the phone, How often I visited, We filed for me to go to America and Why was I divorced from my first husband. My fiance' stumbled on the divorce details and I was called to window #22A to be interviewed alone. Was asked the same questions but Officer was concern that we did not discussed my previous divorce in details. I have been divorced for over 14 years and had several relationships after so did not know that I should tell my fiance' all the dirty details. My fiance' told me that his heart was racing like a car engine. He was called back to window and was asked to give in his passport. She then stated fill out pink paper and we were told to go to airpak accross the street We hugged and kissed and was walking on cloud nine. Wedding date is planned for October 17, 2007. Hoping visa is received in two weeks.

OMG! Congrats! I wish your honey safe travels! :dance:

Thanks! :thumbs:

Timeline

Congratulations :dance::dance: Happy to hear that it went well. That's just awesome :yes::yes:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ah, yes.....housing and cars. I forgot about that sticker shock. Monthly bills has been a challenge. Andre really wasn't much of a monthly bill payor. It has been difficult to get him to understand just cause we got a nice paycheck doesn't mean most of it isn't already spoken for.

Oh Lord, is it ever already spoken for. Just working to pay bills :huh:

Can I tell you it took me 1 hour a few weeks ago to explain to Ken (my fiance) what a credit report was, why it was important and how it affects your future!

All he said after my detailed HOUR LONG explanation was..."Mi nuh inna dat deh credit cyard business deh!! Mi aguh be deh one fi hold up deh line EVERYTIME!! Mi nuh business if deh people waan cus mi!"

I was like what the hell are you talking about?

Ken said...'Mi see dat Visa commercial pon TV where heveryone inna foreign use dem credit card fi buy foolishness and the person who a tek out cash stop deh line... mi nuh business...mi a use CASH only, mek dem tand deh!!!

I just laughed and said..."Alright Missa Young, you mus know!!!"

Do you see what I'm dealing wid...but mi love 'im still!! But Jah know...'im drive mi MAD sometimes!! :wacko:

Oh, just you wait then!!!!!

Living w/o a credit card isn't so bad. I have a couple and I only use them to purchase gas. I use cash for everything...maybe that;s why I never have any money...lol I was in some serious debt b/4 and I told myself no matter what I'm going back into that b/c it was a hot mess and very depressing.

True that Anna! We live without one credit card. We have a budget and pay all in cash or use a debit card. When you can swipe a debit card like a credit card its great. I tell myself not to get into a credit card debt mess. All you need is a budget and a emergency fund.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

(L) Blessings Blessings Blessings to you and your fiance!! So glad all went well!! Good luck on the visa and the marriage

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12/11/2006 - Congrats on the visa! I wish your man safe travels! :dance::dance:

Finesse & KK - Hang in there, your visas will be issued very soon!!!! (L)

JG - I can't do patois either! :wacko:

OMG! Congrats! I wish your honey safe travels! :dance:

Thanks! :thumbs:

Congrats!!!!!

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline
No seriously Kimmy I won't buy much we are on a tight budget. My mom goes crazy over this stuff and will buy almost everything for me. She loves this second hand shop we have up here in Naperville clothes are around a buck a piece. She bought a lot for my niece but I think our baby will get more spoiled by her. The reasoning is my niece has 5 grandmas so my mother doesn't need to get a lot of items. Right now all I am thinking we need is a crib, a baby sling, 10 onesies, 7 sleepers, 5 pairs of socks, car seat, 5 bottles, 1 new born hat, digital thermometer, baby nail clipper, 5 blankets, gentle baby wash, disposable wipes, and lots of diapers. I guess my list is long but I think this is all we need for the start. My girlfriends later on want to hold a shower for me but I am so not into showers. We will see when the time comes. What do you think are the basics you need to have?

2 receiving blankets

stroller

baby bathtub

2 -3 4 oz bottles

burp cloths

changing mat

2 pacifiers (optional!)

3-4 hats

scratch mitts

5 baby vests

cotton wool

vaseline

baby bag with travel size changing mat, wipes

baby shampoo

swaddler (VERY good for soothing your newborn)

just make sure u wash ur second hand stuff...

Only 2 blankets... :whistle: we'll see

I used A&D ointment for everything ...i mean everything

I liked the new mom survival kits

I tell yah..I never ever used a changing mat

if ur going to use a pacifier..get the soothies brand..love it..shaped like the bottle and it doesn't trap air..i was able to get my daughter off of it by 6mths

Baby sling I used quite often..more often than a stroller

Think about getting more onesies, more socks and hats..and plenty of wash cloths

It's also nice if u invest in a convertable crib

I will wash it LOL!! The place my mother approves of and she is a germ freak. So its okay and not dirty at all. Thanks for all the help guys. I am a little overwhelemed. No wishing I would of waited a little longer for all this.

Everything is so adding up. OH MY!!

Jax having a child can be very expensive but it's will be ok. Sometimes when I look back I don't know how I possibly managed w/no or little earnings but w/the grace of God he made it work. Start shopping from now a little here and a little there.

Thanks Anna and everyone else. I will look for clothes and things soon when I know the sex. I just stress out a lot. When your the glue to the household its hard for me to at least relax. My first ultra sound is on Wednesday.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
:ot: Ladies - Are your husbands going to apply for citizenship when the 3 yrs is up? Can you have DUAL citizenship - both Jamaican and U.S.? Tony said he doesn't want to give up his JA one, but he would like to have dual. Does anyone know?

My husband insists that he doesn't want to file for citizenship, but I am going to talk him into it. Both his parents are up in age and I want us to file for them so that when 1 partner inevitably dies, the other one can come and move with us. We're going to be taking care of them anyway, by taking care of their bills, so at that point I would want to do away with taking care of 2 households. If for no other reason, I want him to do it for that.

Andre plans to apply.

Dwain is also going to apply

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
We got the visa today!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs:

Finesse-KK yours is on the way

CONGRATS :dance:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Hi everybody!

As JG told ya, all is well. Marlon arrived a little later on Friday then expected. We have just been watching alot of StarGate SG-1 (season 10) and we added him to the lease. Next week we trek to the SSA office. Yee-haw. Nothing much else, I had 4 days off to spend with him so it was nice. Oh yeah and tentative wedding date is October 13!!!!

Empress: I was very sorry to hear about the denial. Be strong girl and know that you are in my prayers. Do what is right for you! We are all here to support you! (L)

All the best with your wedding Sarah :thumbs:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
well you would think with me being preggo things with mike would be different....but nah....i installed a spy program on the computer just to see what was really going on...and well ya he gave a girl on myspace his number...and telling her that she is sexy..not sure what i'm going to do.....

Sorry to hear this Shauna you are in our prayers. Remember you are always strong enough to raise this child alone if it doesn't work out. I am hoping all the best for you. ONE LUV JAX :luv:

congrats and all the best with your wedding :dance:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.