Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i remeber one time mike kiddingly on the way to the airport said oh i packed you some weed....i must have looked at him with death in my eyes...he quickly said i am just kidding....but when i got to philly...guess what they had the drug dogs....if mike would have really done that i think i would have sent a hit WOman to JA....

I should send you my phone number in case you are every in need :innocent:

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
WUH!!! :blink: Mi neva realize yuh a guh home next week!!!!!! And all yuh 'affi worry bout is hingrid? Surrrps <kiss teet>!! Yuh need fi worry bout which piece a lingerie yuh aguh wear fi yuh man first and figit bout ole dutty hingrid yah! :lol::lol: Surrrps!

Gill

:lol::lol: Fi real!! :lol::lol:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Question for you girls this morning...............Has anyone mailed over the counter meds to anyone in Jamaica?

Yes, Jomo. I mailed 3 packs of Tums to my Godfather in Mo Bay about 6 months about. With some Tylenol Extra Strength.

The USPS asked me what it was and I told them. They labeled it and my Godfather got it in 10 days or so.

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Question for you girls this morning...............Has anyone mailed over the counter meds to anyone in Jamaica?

Yes, Jomo. I mailed 3 packs of Tums to my Godfather in Mo Bay about 6 months about. With some Tylenol Extra Strength.

The USPS asked me what it was and I told them. They labeled it and my Godfather got it in 10 days or so.

Thank you. A friend of mine asked this question to me this morning. I had a horrible experience with someone shipping my prescription meds to me while I was in JA. But, had no advice on OTC meds.

US embassy to make up for 'Dean' date

published: Thursday | September 13, 2007

The United States Embassy in Kingston is advising that this Saturday, September 15, is the make-up date for all non-immigrant visa applicants who had their appointments for Monday, August 20, cancelled following the passage of Hurricane Dean. In addition, the Consular Section will not be able to offer visa interviews on Wednesday, October 3. Applicants who have appointments scheduled for October 3 are also being asked to appear instead on Saturday, September 15.

According to a statement from the embassy, while some applicants have gone ahead and rescheduled their August appointments, those who have not are being asked to arrive on Saturday at their previously scheduled time, or not more than 15 minutes before their appointment. The same applies for those holding appointments for October 3.

Applicants who cannot be present on September 15 are being asked to schedule their appointment for another date and time through the embassy's website at http://kingston.usembassy.gov.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Thank you. A friend of mine asked this question to me this morning. I had a horrible experience with someone shipping my prescription meds to me while I was in JA. But, had no advice on OTC meds.

The United States Embassy in Kingston is advising that this Saturday, September 15, is the make-up date for all non-immigrant visa applicants who had their appointments for Monday, August 20, cancelled following the passage of Hurricane Dean. In addition, the Consular Section will not be able to offer visa interviews on Wednesday, October 3. Applicants who have appointments scheduled for October 3 are also being asked to appear instead on Saturday, September 15.

According to a statement from the embassy, while some applicants have gone ahead and rescheduled their August appointments, those who have not are being asked to arrive on Saturday at their previously scheduled time, or not more than 15 minutes before their appointment. The same applies for those holding appointments for October 3.

Applicants who cannot be present on September 15 are being asked to schedule their appointment for another date and time through the embassy's website at http://kingston.usembassy.gov.

Yeah I saw this yesterday on the Embassy site. I thought that maybe since it mostly affected NIV that it may not have been of interest. :blush:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

Yeah I saw this yesterday on the Embassy site. I thought that maybe since it mostly affected NIV that it may not have been of interest. :blush:

Gleaner this morning.

I'm amazed they would do it for any reason.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Gleaner this morning.

I'm amazed they would do it for any reason.

I was amazed by that as well.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
My son asked me when he got his schedule for HS..... do I have a reading class? I said, nope....doesn't happen after middle school !!!

What???!!!!! :o Doesn't he have an English class? We HAD to take English - or Language Arts or composition or writing or whatever you want to call it - every year of our 4 years in high school. I had to read a TON of books in high school and then write papers on them. Not a problem for me as I love to read - a lot of the kids bought Cliff Notes to try to avoid reading the whole book! But there was no escaping it.

All the way up to the 8th grade, here in our county, there is Reading *and* English classes. Two totally separate graded classes, so not having it in HS, confused my son (as well as myself). Since he's been always "labeled" below reading level because of never passing any County assessments, they put him in the smaller English class (of 11 kids) and 2 teachers. English was NEVER his favorite subject, ever...... now you ask him what his favorite class is........English !!

Timeline
It's been 2 weeks and still no visa :clock:

Hmmm, has your SO tried to call Airpak? It may take a little while, but why don't you email the Embassy (kingstonivinfo@state.gov) and see if they can give you any info.

Edited by JA Tam

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Hmmm, has your SO tried to call Airpak? It may take a little while, but why don't you email the Embassy (kingstonivinfo@state.gov) and see if they can give you any info.

We're waiting too... ;)

Has anyone called Airpak?

Timeline

Did they pay any customs on it?

I saw someone recently ask if they could request expedited service from the Jamaican embassy and get their visa the same day. They didn't like my answer. And, all the while I was laughing at the request.

I hope it comes soon for you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I saw someone recently ask if they could request expedited service from the Jamaican embassy and get their visa the same day. They didn't like my answer. And, all the while I was laughing at the request.

That was so unnecessary. I thought we were on here to help each other, not ridicule.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

That was so unnecessary. I thought we were on here to help each other, not ridicule.

Wasn't meant to be mean spirited. Just used the examples of these people currently waiting to show that it just doesn't happen.

And, I was laughing cause I've been there and seen what really happens.

You took this all wrong.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.