Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lunch today: Dashine, Yellow Yam, Green bananas (2 finga), 4 cormeal dumplings, stew chicken. LOL, my co-worker wondered out loud about my strange looking lunch. Ven made me lunch, darn it looked ugly but tasted really good. Feel like mi de back a yawd. I could get used this. :lol:(L)(F)

Hahhaaaa...soo funny ..that is my husband exactly...him separate my dumplin cause mi no eat cornmeal flour..heheee

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I did..but I asked them to mail it to mi granny yaad...wayyyyy cheaper than if I sent them here. Mi woulda affi pay triple and get stuck wid mussi like 6-8 copies fi wah....so if u can order them and then if u know smaddy a cum up..dem can bring it fi u

Has anyone ordered copies of Jamaican Birth Certificate online? How long does it take? And how much does it cost? The website doesn't tell me much.

I'm gearing up for AOS. We forgot to get copies. B)

ok ladies i am stressing out about this...not sure what to do...what the right answer is....i called my insurance to see what is all included as i will need to start seeing a dr. pretty soon and they said maternity is NOT covered...it is a al' a cart option that i didn't pick when i signed up for it...well duh of course i didn't wasn't planning on getting preggo....so they said i could add it but it wouldn't cover this current pregnacy...so what do i do....i have been told to look into state funded programs...but will that effect mike and his AOS...i started filling out a application online but stopped when it started asking questions abot mike and who sponsered him blah blah blah....

so my next thought was if i couldn't do that i came across a maternity card...it is not insurance but will give you a discounted price and can save you up to 60%....

or should i maybe cancel my half of the insurance and get another plan that will cover me? i am just not sure what to do i need to bounce these thoughts off of you ladies......

You might want to speak to a medicaid rep but I dont think that will be a problem. It's not like your receiving food stamps or cash. It's a Medicaid/Medical card and you should be able to recv that even if you work esp if you're pregnant. What about your local clinics or hospitals. I know here where I live they have two hospital and both have family clinics in them. While I was pregnant w/my daughter I was registered w/one of them and my copays (per doctor visit) and the birth was on a pay scale based on my income.

I don't know about that one. I tried to sign up for Medicaid when I was let go from my job while pregnant with my oldest child. Because they gave me some severence pay, I wasn't eligible for the Medicaid. They kept insisting on offering me food stamps, which I didn't want; but refused the Medicaid, which I needed. It was maddening.

If you aren't happy with that card plan you signed up for, talk to a social worker. They are pretty good at giving you all options available to you and helping you sign up for things.

I think every state is different. Here in IL you are quicker to get Medicaid then food stamps or cash.

I used to audit Medicare and Medicaid...let's just say...there were many holes in the process. ;)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Lawd a which back a bush country u deh..u mussi no have very much reggae playing on the radio..fi u no know the CURE..plus the controversy wah surround him...TAM mi tink u did up to di time man..heheee :lol::lol::lol::yes:

I love Jah Cure....

Ok, I know I'm going to hear it -- but I can't ever remember hearing a Jah Cure song. Ever since I started school, I have only been listening to books on tape, so I don't hear music much and I put my clubbing days on the back burner a long time ago.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lawd a which back a bush country u deh..u mussi no have very much reggae playing on the radio..fi u no know the CURE..plus the controversy wah surround him...TAM mi tink u did up to di time man..heheee :lol::lol::lol::yes:

I love Jah Cure....

Ok, I know I'm going to hear it -- but I can't ever remember hearing a Jah Cure song. Ever since I started school, I have only been listening to books on tape, so I don't hear music much and I put my clubbing days on the back burner a long time ago.

Ok Tam,

Jah Cure was JUST released from prison after I think 12-13 years in prison for rape...(I don't know if it's true or not...). Anyway, while in prison he would write and sing these beautiful songs...like "Longing For", "Sticky", "What would it Take?", "True Reflection", "Love is", plus many others...if you get a chance go to YouTube and listen to some. He has a beautiful voice and always sings about relevant issues in JA. and in life. He is a Rastafarian and very talented. It was a big to do in JA when he was released in July 2007.

Yeah, I think that's it! Just go to Youtube and listen. If you like Luciano, Garnett Silk, & Bob ...you'll like Jah Cure! Different voice, same style. :yes:

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
this might be a dumb question....but i was checking the uscis website for the green card processing date and it say 6 months??? what does that mean...they didn't give a actual date....

I read somewhere last week that because of the backlog they are now refraining from giving dates.

well doesn't that just suck......i am so tired of this whole freakin process...they increase the fee's for more man power....ya....not seeing that yet.... :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I love Jah Cure....

Ok Tam,

Jah Cure was JUST released from prison after I think 12-13 years in prison for rape...(I don't know if it's true or not...). Anyway, while in prison he would write and sing these beautiful songs...like "Longing For", "Sticky", "What would it Take?", "True Reflection", "Love is", plus many others...if you get a chance go to YouTube and listen to some. He has a beautiful voice and always sings about relevant issues in JA. and in life. He is a Rastafarian and very talented. It was a big to do in JA when he was released in July 2007.

Yeah, I think that's it! Just go to Youtube and listen. If you like Luciano, Garnett Silk, & Bob ...you'll like Jah Cure! Different voice, same style. :yes:

Kimmy, nuh laugh afta mi :lol::lol:

I knew he got released the other day, I read the news stories and all, but I can't ever remember hearning any of his songs. Those are some of my favorite artistes. I'll have to take a listen to him. :yes::yes:

this might be a dumb question....but i was checking the uscis website for the green card processing date and it say 6 months??? what does that mean...they didn't give a actual date....

I read somewhere last week that because of the backlog they are now refraining from giving dates.

well doesn't that just suck......i am so tired of this whole freakin process...they increase the fee's for more man power....ya....not seeing that yet.... :wacko:

It's crazy!!! I think some people are thinking that since the passport backlog has been dealt with, they are thinking that some manpower will come over on the USCIS side. We'll see what happens :blink:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Ush TAM...but u know mi did affi laugh 1st...u'll def love his music

I love Jah Cure....

Ok Tam,

Kimmy, nuh laugh afta mi :lol::lol:

I knew he got released the other day, I read the news stories and all, but I can't ever remember hearning any of his songs. Those are some of my favorite artistes. I'll have to take a listen to him. :yes::yes:

It's crazy!!! I think some people are thinking that since the passport backlog has been dealt with, they are thinking that some manpower will come over on the USCIS side. We'll see what happens :blink:

Timeline
:ot: Hubby told me that he spoke to a friend who works at Andrews Memorial (where he did the medical). She told him that they sent his medical to the Embassy today :dance::dancing: Edited by JA Tam

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

Ok..now u gonna have ur interview sooner :no::lol:

I'm sorry TAM..u know it's all love....that's nice at least u know it's gonna be there for the interview...

:ot: Hubby told me that he spoke to a friend who works at Andrews Memorial (where he did the medical). She told him that they sent his medical to the Embassy today :dance::dancing:

Timeline

I'm sorry TAM..u know it's all love....that's nice at least u know it's gonna be there for the interview...

:ot: Hubby told me that he spoke to a friend who works at Andrews Memorial (where he did the medical). She told him that they sent his medical to the Embassy today :dance::dancing:

Hey...the glass is half-full...at least I know that it's going to be there when we have the interview. I like to know the ducks are in the row...The medical duck is now in line :lol::lol:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

That's right TAM..i'm just kidding around...I'm happy the starz are aligning :yes::lol:

Hey...the glass is half-full...at least I know that it's going to be there when we have the interview. I like to know the ducks are in the row...The medical duck is now in line :lol::lol:

Timeline
Has anyone ordered copies of Jamaican Birth Certificate online? How long does it take? And how much does it cost? The website doesn't tell me much.

Hey KK

I ordered the BC online on June 25th and until now I have not heard from them about it. I e-mailed them a couple of times but got no response. I called one day and the person who answered the phone, put it down and I could hear the conversations going on in the background. They are very slack down there. It would be better if yoiu ask someone you know to get it for you. I know people who can get it quickly, but I had decided to try the on-line thing and has to this day regreted it. I paid the US$55 for six copies and can't get them.

Claire

ok ladies i am stressing out about this...not sure what to do...what the right answer is....i called my insurance to see what is all included as i will need to start seeing a dr. pretty soon and they said maternity is NOT covered...it is a al' a cart option that i didn't pick when i signed up for it...well duh of course i didn't wasn't planning on getting preggo....so they said i could add it but it wouldn't cover this current pregnacy...so what do i do....i have been told to look into state funded programs...but will that effect mike and his AOS...i started filling out a application online but stopped when it started asking questions abot mike and who sponsered him blah blah blah....

so my next thought was if i couldn't do that i came across a maternity card...it is not insurance but will give you a discounted price and can save you up to 60%....

or should i maybe cancel my half of the insurance and get another plan that will cover me? i am just not sure what to do i need to bounce these thoughts off of you ladies......

You might want to speak to a medicaid rep but I dont think that will be a problem. It's not like your receiving food stamps or cash. It's a Medicaid/Medical card and you should be able to recv that even if you work esp if you're pregnant. What about your local clinics or hospitals. I know here where I live they have two hospital and both have family clinics in them. While I was pregnant w/my daughter I was registered w/one of them and my copays (per doctor visit) and the birth was on a pay scale based on my income.

I don't know about that one. I tried to sign up for Medicaid when I was let go from my job while pregnant with my oldest child. Because they gave me some severence pay, I wasn't eligible for the Medicaid. They kept insisting on offering me food stamps, which I didn't want; but refused the Medicaid, which I needed. It was maddening.

If you aren't happy with that card plan you signed up for, talk to a social worker. They are pretty good at giving you all options available to you and helping you sign up for things.

I think every state is different. Here in IL you are quicker to get Medicaid then food stamps or cash.

I used to audit Medicare and Medicaid...let's just say...there were many holes in the process. ;)

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Hey KK

I ordered the BC online on June 25th and until now I have not heard from them about it. I e-mailed them a couple of times but got no response. I called one day and the person who answered the phone, put it down and I could hear the conversations going on in the background. They are very slack down there. It would be better if yoiu ask someone you know to get it for you. I know people who can get it quickly, but I had decided to try the on-line thing and has to this day regreted it. I paid the US$55 for six copies and can't get them.

Claire

Timeline

Hey KK

Claire

Timeline
That's right TAM..i'm just kidding around...I'm happy the starz are aligning :yes::lol:

Kimmy, with this process mi haffi celebrate everything weh go right. Now mi nah lie yuh, mi ah pray seh dem no misplace di ting -- that damn Murphy's Law :lol::lol:

KK, Claire - I hope you all get the BC things worked out. Them slack, even when you are there in the country, no lie :angry:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.