Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Eyes on the tropics again. There's a little wave brewing east of the Lesser Antilles and it is causing my heart to be in my throat. I am willing it not develop because the interview is next week. It try it best cuz mi woulda haffi go fight a hurricane :angry::diablo:

I was just reading up on that too. We are 1/2 way through hurricane season. They anticipate 7 or 8 more tropical storms and at least 2 named hurricanes.

I pray every day for no more. I'll add you in those prayers.

Git out...me neva 'ere bout dat one!! Here we go again!! We're only 1/2 through Jomo??!!!!

Thanks JG...

Yeah, only 1/2 way, when you consider the season ends Nov 30th. I remember last year Tropical Storm Alpha...what a stress. Thought I don't want it to come to Florida, I prefer we get it here and it leave Jamaica alone, so him can go to the interview

I hear yuh Sis...just pray, pray, pray!! I'll be praying for you too!! Dyam Hurricane dem!!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I hear yuh Sis...just pray, pray, pray!! I'll be praying for you too!! Dyam Hurricane dem!!

I'll be on my knees until the interview has passed :lol::lol: . I tell you, when it comes on to this time, it's like we're always tense; mi jus' waan Humberto fi guh him ways and dissipate

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Makes me wonder about the whole program.

I forgot to mention that most of them ALSO make you pay for your medical and have some sort of "application fee."

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Guys;

Just spent two days catching up to all the good news and disappointment that have been posted. Just wanted to give my congrats to al you new expectant mothers and all with visa approvals. You guys are a great bunch and I really enjoy the comradrie that exists in this forum. I look forward to reading the banter that goes on here and will always try to keep up. My days are not complete without my VJ family.

One luv

Claire

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Guys;

Just spent two days catching up to all the good news and disappointment that have been posted. Just wanted to give my congrats to al you new expectant mothers and all with visa approvals. You guys are a great bunch and I really enjoy the comradrie that exists in this forum. I look forward to reading the banter that goes on here and will always try to keep up. My days are not complete without my VJ family.

One luv

Claire

Hey Claire, good to see you :luv:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My mom has a friend who comes up ever so often on a work visa and she worked for the hotels. never heard her make any complaints or anything. Also I was listening to the radio and a caller called in and said can he get his work visa back cause violated by moving to another state. So the lawyer told him no cause they are not giving work visas right now.

Can I ask you guys something about the work visas? Does anyone know anything about them?

I don't know much but I do know that what you make all depends on "who" you are working for and what "deal" they made with you to bring you over. If it's a "Jamaican Government" (Ministry of Labor) sponsored Visa or a U.S. "Company" Visa <<They are still all considered H1B Visas>>

Some require you to "pay back" the cost of the Visa, transportation to the U.S., accomodations while living here and food (this could potentially leave you with very little). Others take care of everything or portions of it (and that affords you more $$$ in your pocket)

You should PM Doodle. I think she might be a valuable resource for you.

Thanks, Mindy. I'll do that in the near future.

My questions are just cause I am nosy. I can't for the life of me figure out how some guy in Jamaica, who is currently calling us for $$$$ so he can "come up on work visa" could even qualify. And, this other guy we know, called every single day for about 2 months saying he was hungry. I just can't comprehend being so unprepared. And, why it would be allowed. I mean, aren't there some kind of consequences if these people starve to death on their work programs?

pretty much all of mike's friends are here on work visa w/ some company as lifeguards or something along those lines....i know they had to take a test and pay some crazy amount of money to take the test...i know mike's one friend who was in Virginia called him and i talked to him and he told me that when he got to where he was staying they didn't have a room for him he had to sleep on the floor for 2 weeks...and the pay is really not that good...they had to take care of their own food and the food lasted them maybe a week cause there is like 4 guys to a room...and there was NO local transportation so he had to ride a bus to work which was 45 mins away..so i don't think it is they guys being unprepared i think it really all depends on where they are placed for work...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Hi Guys;

One luv

Claire

Hey Claire, good to see you :luv:

Ditto Clarie! (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Jena, Louisiana

This is terrible, when is it EVER going to stop..it's a little long but sooo worth the reading..just wanna share

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Jena, Louisiana

This is terrible, when is it EVER going to stop..it's a little long but sooo worth the reading..just wanna share

Dyam Disgraceful!!! Everytime I read about this story it makes me SICK!!!!! I have heard about this story in the mainstream media....ONCE!!! Every other time it has been through friends and social organiztions I belong to!!!! In 2007 that this ish is still going on doesn't say much about race relations in the U.S.

But, I figured out it's everywhere!! Even in JA. where majority of the population is of African descent, they turn it around to light-skin vs. dark-skin!!! And the poor girls dem a bleach out dem pretty skin fi feel like dem worth sumting! Dyam foolishness fi real!! White people killing themselves fi get tan and black people a kill themself fi get white!! When the hell will everyone just accept themselves and each other for who they are!! <Surrrrps...kiss teet>

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
Can I ask you guys something about the work visas? Does anyone know anything about them?

I don't know much but I do know that what you make all depends on "who" you are working for and what "deal" they made with you to bring you over. If it's a "Jamaican Government" (Ministry of Labor) sponsored Visa or a U.S. "Company" Visa <<They are still all considered H1B Visas>>

Some require you to "pay back" the cost of the Visa, transportation to the U.S., accomodations while living here and food (this could potentially leave you with very little). Others take care of everything or portions of it (and that affords you more $$$ in your pocket)

My questions are just cause I am nosy. I can't for the life of me figure out how some guy in Jamaica, who is currently calling us for $$$$ so he can "come up on work visa" could even qualify. And, this other guy we know, called every single day for about 2 months saying he was hungry. I just can't comprehend being so unprepared. And, why it would be allowed. I mean, aren't there some kind of consequences if these people starve to death on their work programs?

pretty much all of mike's friends are here on work visa w/ some company as lifeguards or something along those lines....i know they had to take a test and pay some crazy amount of money to take the test...i know mike's one friend who was in Virginia called him and i talked to him and he told me that when he got to where he was staying they didn't have a room for him he had to sleep on the floor for 2 weeks...and the pay is really not that good...they had to take care of their own food and the food lasted them maybe a week cause there is like 4 guys to a room...and there was NO local transportation so he had to ride a bus to work which was 45 mins away..so i don't think it is they guys being unprepared i think it really all depends on where they are placed for work...

Well, I would say if they can't even come up with the money to get on the work program, they are unprepared. I know, I know.....they are trying to better their situation and all that. But, still. I suppose if you were the one's getting the calls, you would understand what I am actually trying to say.

Andre's one friend ended up here, in St. Louis. Ironically, living just 2 blocks from where Andre works. They gave this guy a driving job.....even though he had never had a license and driven sporadically in JA. Needless to say, he wrecked the truck and was eventually fired. Makes me wonder about the whole program.

never said i didn't understand...

Timeline

never said better !!!...I can't stand it. Many times I hear "the brown girl" or the "good hair" like what makes anyone "prettier" cause dem shade dif...IT'S 2007 !!

Jena, Louisiana

Dyam Disgraceful!!! Everytime I read about this story it makes me SICK!!!!! I have heard about this story in the mainstream media....ONCE!!! Every other time it has been through friends and social organiztions I belong to!!!! In 2007 that this ish is still going on doesn't say much about race relations in the U.S.

But, I figured out it's everywhere!! Even in JA. where majority of the population is of African descent, they turn it around to light-skin vs. dark-skin!!! And the poor girls dem a bleach out dem pretty skin fi feel like dem worth sumting! Dyam foolishness fi real!! White people killing themselves fi get tan and black people a kill themself fi get white!! When the hell will everyone just accept themselves and each other for who they are!! <Surrrrps...kiss teet>

Bless,

Gill

Timeline
:ot: Eyes on the tropics again. There's a little wave brewing east of the Lesser Antilles and it is causing my heart to be in my throat. I am willing it not develop because the interview is next week. It try it best cuz mi woulda haffi go fight a hurricane :angry::diablo:

I was just reading up on that too. We are 1/2 way through hurricane season. They anticipate 7 or 8 more tropical storms and at least 2 named hurricanes.

Git out...me neva 'ere bout dat one!! Here we go again!! We're only 1/2 through Jomo??!!!!

Here's what Dr. Weathers said in his blog today:

Rest of September outlook

We're halfway. September 10 marks the peak of hurricane season in the Atlantic, and the frequency of hurricanes and tropical storms starts to decline now as water temperatures begin to cool and wind shear begins to rise. However, more activity typically occurs after September 10 than before, due to the fact that the ocean takes a long time to cool off. Given that we've already had 7 named storms so far this year, another 7 or 8 named storms are probably in order. The latest Dr. Bill Gray/Phil Klotzbach monthly forecast calls for 8 more named storms, with 5 of them hurricanes--two of these being intense hurricanes. They anticipate a later than usual end to hurricane season, due to the cooler than average conditions in the Eastern Pacific that might signal the beginning of a La Niña event. La Niña events typically bring lower than average wind shear to the Atlantic. Since high wind shear is usually what brings an end to hurricane season (this was certainly the case last year), development of a La Niña event over the next few months should act to prolong this year's hurricane season.

Makes me wonder about the whole program.

I forgot to mention that most of them ALSO make you pay for your medical and have some sort of "application fee."

Everyone I know says the program is all that and a bag of chips. All these little "rules" I pick up makes me wonder if they even know WTH they are talking about.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

dAAG0.storms make me nervous..thanks weather lady JOMO

We're halfway. September 10 marks the peak of hurricane season in the Atlantic, and the frequency of hurricanes and tropical storms starts to decline now as water temperatures begin to cool and wind shear begins to rise. However, more activity typically occurs after September 10 than before, due to the fact that the ocean takes a long time to cool off. Given that we've already had 7 named storms so far this year, another 7 or 8 named storms are probably in order. The latest Dr. Bill Gray/Phil Klotzbach monthly forecast calls for 8 more named storms, with 5 of them hurricanes--two of these being intense hurricanes. They anticipate a later than usual end to hurricane season, due to the cooler than average conditions in the Eastern Pacific that might signal the beginning of a La Niña event. La Niña events typically bring lower than average wind shear to the Atlantic. Since high wind shear is usually what brings an end to hurricane season (this was certainly the case last year), development of a La Niña event over the next few months should act to prolong this year's hurricane season.

Timeline
My mom has a friend who comes up ever so often on a work visa and she worked for the hotels. never heard her make any complaints or anything. Also I was listening to the radio and a caller called in and said can he get his work visa back cause violated by moving to another state. So the lawyer told him no cause they are not giving work visas right now.

I hear some of the hotels give them free room and board....access to hotel kitchen food, etc. I would think that would be a better gig then some of these others.

Jena, Louisiana

Bless,

Gill

Nicely put all the way around.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

never said i didn't understand...

Wasn't picking on you with my response. Just seems what I am thinking and what I attempt to convey in my writing does not always mesh.

dAAG0.storms make me nervous..thanks weather lady JOMO

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've got a vested interest in Jamaica still....lots of family and friends. I worry for them constantly.

This Dr. Weathers actually speaks in weather jargon I can understand. I love this guy!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.