Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

For your kind words and encouragement, thank you.

Just wondering, are you 100% sure the pre blood tests were accurate?

Did your husband DEFINITELY smoke after that?

Just can't see why he'd jeopardize your future like that :(

I guess what must be the hardest to deal with right now is the fact that this didn't have to happen....

But hoping not to sound like a broken record, you will look back on this in times to come and the reason will become clear....

Not much comfort to you now, but trust me, each day will become a little easier until one day you'll wake up and find that the burden isn't so heavy...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
For your kind words and encouragement, thank you.

My heart goes out to you.......I am very thankful that my husband doesn't smoke but has several friends who does......I asked him what does he do when he is around them and they are smoking......He says that he walks away from the area they are smoking......But I only hope and pray that all goes well with our interview since we only knew each other 2 months before we got married.....He is so afraid that they will deny him for some reason and he will not be able to live with his wife & stepson in the US.......But again.......You are in my thoughts and prayers.....Take Care!

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Please sometime blue collar makes more money than white collar...its only a perception..you can have more with the blue collar person sometimes and they don't have that stoosh attitude...like i'm a good catch...can't stand that..

Yu know...When I read that news story on the plumber in NY who makes 7 figures and of course such a profession works out in the long run as there are no student loans that have to paid. When I read the story, I was like "Baby, if you want to be an electrician, a plumber; I have your back"...

Kimmy - I agree with you; I take quality of life over money any day. I remember when my dad used to drive me home from school and we used to travel on the Spanish Town Bypass, I used to look on the 1 room shack and think that sometimes there is more love in those homes than the big mansions on the hill. Money does not equal happiness. The profession I am in will pay off exponentially one day, but it will require lots of traveling and I am not willing to travel to another country for 2 weeks at a time and miss out on time with my family. Many women in the profession tend to not have children and marry well into their 40's. That is not for me. :blush:

JA Tam- What profession are you in? Sounds like we might be in the same profession.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I forgot to tell you Sarah's good news. Marlon arrived in Arizona around 10 p.m. Friday night. He had to navigate 3 airports and had a 3-hour delay in Chicago (we had horrible weather in the midwest Friday); but arrived safe and sound.

I talked to Sarah on Saturday and she was happy as could be. She said so far she had introduced him to Del Taco and some friends. She had that "pinch me I must be dreaming" mentality going on.

She said to tell you guys her story and that all is well. She'll be back on when she can.

So I guess she got around to cleaning 'the room' :lol:.

Thanks for the update, I was wondering how it all went!

I'm happy for her!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
e]

Who has one of those? Are they sturdy?

They just look to me like they would tip right over.

I am LOVING the green one. My favorite color.

Me me me!!

They may look like they will tip over but nope, no way.

Right now my son is using the bassinet as a crib, I have him right by the bed and can wheel him into the living room if he's awake and I need to do something.

I have the green :)

It is pretty cool.

OK, now the BIG question........how much does one of those cost?

*coughs*

erm

*coughs again*

just erm $700

(cusses under breath).....that thing better drive itself and change diapers for $700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Different topic...

David got his medical done today. Total cost for the medical and the two shot was $7800 JA. He did not have any records for his previous shots taken. He went to Dr Banbury. I thought I would share this info since it appears the cost at other places was almost twice the amount for the VJ members.

Interview Sep 27 @ 1:30pm

Jenice

Congrats on the interview date Jenice,

Where can I find Dr. Banbury in Jamaica...just for future knowledge...cause $7800 JA. SOUNDS DYAM GOOD!! :thumbs:

Thanks and blessings,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Different topic...

David got his medical done today. Total cost for the medical and the two shot was $7800 JA. He did not have any records for his previous shots taken. He went to Dr Banbury. I thought I would share this info since it appears the cost at other places was almost twice the amount for the VJ members.

Interview Sep 27 @ 1:30pm

Jenice

Congrats on the interview date Jenice,

Where can I find Dr. Banbury in Jamaica...just for future knowledge...cause $7800 JA. SOUNDS DYAM GOOD!! :thumbs:

Thanks and blessings,

Gill

I'm sure Jenice will be on later, but Dr. Banbury is at Medical Associates in New Kingston

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

did I say I did ? do u ever think why someone of these ppl go the illegal route..they make it almost impossible for anyone to get a visa. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with braking laws and going against rules, but if they grant a couple extra work visas so ppl can get out of the country and provide better for their families then maybe fraud wouldn't be so high. If u look at it alot of ppl who leave JA is to come make money that in JA u have to work a whole year and go back home to better than what they had. That's all I'm saying. they lock up plenty of people in this country everyday for having weed on them do they get a blood test to see if they're using? They get fined depending on the quantity and released back into society, are they still going to USE ILLEGAL drugs ?

Fi real Aliengirl..dem a seh arite u waan come inna wi country (the bed of roses0 we ago mek u pay out u ####### and them mek u beg..out a order

Well, do you really expect the Embassy to let anyone and everyone have a visa? I don't blame them one bit. If someone tests positive for drug use, it's safe to assume they're going to continue to use drugs when they come to the U.S. - which is ILLEGAL! So why would they let them have a visa?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
e]

Me me me!!

They may look like they will tip over but nope, no way.

Right now my son is using the bassinet as a crib, I have him right by the bed and can wheel him into the living room if he's awake and I need to do something.

I have the green :)

It is pretty cool.

OK, now the BIG question........how much does one of those cost?

*coughs*

erm

*coughs again*

just erm $700

(cusses under breath).....that thing better drive itself and change diapers for $700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I 'EAR DUH!!!!!! Wow..I thought it was cute...but deh price nuh suh cute atall!!!

Nuh disrespect, it's still smart. But I wouldda haffi tek out a pram loan fi buy dat and mek monthly 'Pram payments', instead out car payments...LOL :lol:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

But hold on a sec.....You have anything you'd like to tell us??? :lol: :lol:

Why are you looking at strollers? :yes:

The sooner he comes in December the better! I'm gonna start nipple stimulation around the 8th, along with some extra rooks :) and long walks...I am not carrying to 42 weeks :blink:

:lol: Jonesie, you are too funny! Just have lots of sex your last month of pregnancy. There's something in hubby's 'stuff' that can bring on labor and contractions. I forget the technical words for it.

I heard also you can bring on labour by massaging certain pressure points, the webbing between your thumb and finger, parts of your foot.

One thing I dislike about America, your strollers SUCK big time!!

:lol: You mean our "prams" suck big time?!! Hey, what's that one called that you ordered? I've seen it advertised before.

It's the Stokke Xplory....Never seen one apart from mine on the street even in London...

Nope. Nothing to tell here. I'm done baby making. I have 2 already. And, 9 SIL, BIL, nieces and nephews all under the age of 10. If anything, we are working on adopting a 9 year old orphaned nephew. Other then that, I'll just wait a (LONG) while for grandkids. I LOVE babies.....as long as someone takes them home eventually!

I forgot to tell you Sarah's good news. Marlon arrived in Arizona around 10 p.m. Friday night. He had to navigate 3 airports and had a 3-hour delay in Chicago (we had horrible weather in the midwest Friday); but arrived safe and sound.

I talked to Sarah on Saturday and she was happy as could be. She said so far she had introduced him to Del Taco and some friends. She had that "pinch me I must be dreaming" mentality going on.

She said to tell you guys her story and that all is well. She'll be back on when she can.

So I guess she got around to cleaning 'the room' :lol:.

Thanks for the update, I was wondering how it all went!

I'm happy for her!

She said he didn't notice a thing!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well at least its cheaper than the bugaboo. I saw one of these strollers here recently, it did look kind of scary but the height looked comfortable. I was a little unsure how it would do with sometimes steep sidewalks and or crowded sidewalks it took up a lot of room.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
did I say I did ? do u ever think why someone of these ppl go the illegal route..they make it almost impossible for anyone to get a visa. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with braking laws and going against rules, but if they grant a couple extra work visas so ppl can get out of the country and provide better for their families then maybe fraud wouldn't be so high. If u look at it alot of ppl who leave JA is to come make money that in JA u have to work a whole year and go back home to better than what they had. That's all I'm saying. they lock up plenty of people in this country everyday for having weed on them do they get a blood test to see if they're using? They get fined depending on the quantity and released back into society, are they still going to USE ILLEGAL drugs ?

Fi real Aliengirl..dem a seh arite u waan come inna wi country (the bed of roses0 we ago mek u pay out u ####### and them mek u beg..out a order

Well, do you really expect the Embassy to let anyone and everyone have a visa? I don't blame them one bit. If someone tests positive for drug use, it's safe to assume they're going to continue to use drugs when they come to the U.S. - which is ILLEGAL! So why would they let them have a visa?

Can I ask you guys something about the work visas? Does anyone know anything about them?

Reason I ask.....we have some friends who have come to the US on those work programs. They are forever calling and saying they are hungry and need us to send them some cash. How do they pay these people? Do you guys know if housing is charged against salary? And, what kind of preparation is needed on the part of the applicants?.....I mean, like cash reserves or something? It just seems to me, the people we know are ill prepared to come on these programs.

Anyone know anything about these?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Yu know, because though foreign nice, nuff a we a build up the savings fi go home later and retire there. There is no place like home :no:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
Can I ask you guys something about the work visas? Does anyone know anything about them?

Reason I ask.....we have some friends who have come to the US on those work programs. They are forever calling and saying they are hungry and need us to send them some cash. How do they pay these people? Do you guys know if housing is charged against salary? And, what kind of preparation is needed on the part of the applicants?.....I mean, like cash reserves or something? It just seems to me, the people we know are ill prepared to come on these programs.

Anyone know anything about these?

My cousin is here on one of those programs. I'll see if I can get any information from him.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.