Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Why ? u would have planned a little more..when r u ever ready for a major life changing thing ? U will be fine..no one could believe i got pregnant :)...i think that confirmed me doing the "nasty" for them..Just make sure when u get into ur 2&3rd trimesters u eat properly..if u r still have alot of morning sickness u have to tell ur Dr..cause this is when ur baby needs the foods u eat..

No seriously Kimmy I won't buy much we are on a tight budget. My mom goes crazy over this stuff and will buy almost everything for me. She loves this second hand shop we have up here in Naperville clothes are around a buck a piece. She bought a lot for my niece but I think our baby will get more spoiled by her. The reasoning is my niece has 5 grandmas so my mother doesn't need to get a lot of items. Right now all I am thinking we need is a crib, a baby sling, 10 onesies, 7 sleepers, 5 pairs of socks, car seat, 5 bottles, 1 new born hat, digital thermometer, baby nail clipper, 5 blankets, gentle baby wash, disposable wipes, and lots of diapers. I guess my list is long but I think this is all we need for the start. My girlfriends later on want to hold a shower for me but I am so not into showers. We will see when the time comes. What do you think are the basics you need to have?

2 receiving blankets

stroller

baby bathtub

2 -3 4 oz bottles

burp cloths

changing mat

2 pacifiers (optional!)

3-4 hats

scratch mitts

5 baby vests

cotton wool

vaseline

baby bag with travel size changing mat, wipes

baby shampoo

swaddler (VERY good for soothing your newborn)

just make sure u wash ur second hand stuff...

Only 2 blankets... :whistle: we'll see

I used A&D ointment for everything ...i mean everything

I liked the new mom survival kits

I tell yah..I never ever used a changing mat

if ur going to use a pacifier..get the soothies brand..love it..shaped like the bottle and it doesn't trap air..i was able to get my daughter off of it by 6mths

Baby sling I used quite often..more often than a stroller

Think about getting more onesies, more socks and hats..and plenty of wash cloths

It's also nice if u invest in a convertable crib

I will wash it LOL!! The place my mother approves of and she is a germ freak. So its okay and not dirty at all. Thanks for all the help guys. I am a little overwhelemed. No wishing I would of waited a little longer for all this.

Everything is so adding up. OH MY!!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Different topic...

David got his medical done today. Total cost for the medical and the two shot was $7800 JA. He did not have any records for his previous shots taken. He went to Dr Banbury. I thought I would share this info since it appears the cost at other places was almost twice the amount for the VJ members.

Interview Sep 27 @ 1:30pm

Jenice

Glad everything went well for him at the medical. ALl the best with the upcoming interview :thumbs:

DITTO :thumbs:

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline

amen...the said thing with my parents but now that they see i'm happy and that he's not just trying to use me they have swallowed their pride on this class/educated issue but i know they would still want to see me with someone more successful in life.

I made that very clear from the start....to everyone I knew. If anyone hurt Andre in any way, they were permanently out of my life. No second chances.

I feel you on that. My father always gave my husband the cold shoulder from we started dating because as far as he was concerned, the "classes" did not mix. This from a man who told me how upset he would be with me if I treated any of my fellow classmates that were less fortunate with any disdain.

I am happy to report that he now realizes that Aaron is not going anywhere and he needs to accept it. :)

03-31-06 Filed K-1 papers

04-13-06 received NOA 1

09-24-06 k-1 approved, yeah!

10-02-06 NVC letter received/Papers sent to Kingston/Interview packet sent to fiance

10-24-06 Interview packet returned to Kingston by postal service/Had to request them to resend

10-31-06 Received resent packetand immediately sent DS-230 Part I so he could get interview date

01-09-07 Received appointment letter, two days before interview! (JA mail sucks)

01-11-07 Couldn't get us down, made it to the interview anyway, half prepared, given a letter to return

04-17-07 Finally given another interview date after 2 months of emailing/begging, visa approved, yeah!

05-03-07 Got K-1 Visa in hand (was only suppose to take 4-5 days for delivery,actually took 12)

05-11-07 Imagine girl running down beach towards guy to welcome him into her arms with a

passionate kiss, only it's the airport. He's arrives on Friday!

06-21-07 Our wedding date! It's a civil ceremony, but I'm excited nonetheless

07-12-07 Mailed AOS application/form (wish me luck)

07-25-07 Checks cashed by DHS

07-28-07 Received NOA 1

08-23-07 Biometrics Appt (have to reschedule out of town)

08-31-07 Rescheduled Biometrics

09-25-07 Received EAD

09-25-07 Received AP

09-25-07 Received NOA 2

11-19-07 Appointment for Initial Interview for AOS

11-19-07 Conditional Green Card Approved!!!!

Timeline

It's funny..what do people consider successful..if u wear a suit and tie rather than overalls with dirty boots. I get that all the time. Ur so smart and all this #######, don't wanna hear it cause money doesn't make anyone less qualified to be with...that kills me..nuff a dem "successful" man and oooman a Jamaica have so many skeletons in their closests u caan keep up, but dem quick fi pass judgement. No cause u wear shirt and tie u a mek money either, nor where u live.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tricia B @ Sep 10 2007, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->amen...the said thing with my parents but now that they see i'm happy and that he's not just trying to use me they have swallowed their pride on this class/educated issue but i know they would still want to see me with someone more successful in life.

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

yuh see it? i know they are coming from the point of view that they don't want me to have any hardships and somehow money equates no problems little do they know mo money mo problems, i just want to prove them wrong that quincy is wutless.

i know nuf dutty bad mind successful people that have beat on women, cheat on women, molest children, etc. so mi nuh bizness, my sister is married to a lawyer and i question her happiness

It's funny..what do people consider successful..if u wear a suit and tie rather than overalls with dirty boots. I get that all the time. Ur so smart and all this #######, don't wanna hear it cause money doesn't make anyone less qualified to be with...that kills me..nuff a dem "successful" man and oooman a Jamaica have so many skeletons in their closests u caan keep up, but dem quick fi pass judgement. No cause u wear shirt and tie u a mek money either, nor where u live.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tricia B @ Sep 10 2007, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->amen...the said thing with my parents but now that they see i'm happy and that he's not just trying to use me they have swallowed their pride on this class/educated issue but i know they would still want to see me with someone more successful in life.

03-31-06 Filed K-1 papers

04-13-06 received NOA 1

09-24-06 k-1 approved, yeah!

10-02-06 NVC letter received/Papers sent to Kingston/Interview packet sent to fiance

10-24-06 Interview packet returned to Kingston by postal service/Had to request them to resend

10-31-06 Received resent packetand immediately sent DS-230 Part I so he could get interview date

01-09-07 Received appointment letter, two days before interview! (JA mail sucks)

01-11-07 Couldn't get us down, made it to the interview anyway, half prepared, given a letter to return

04-17-07 Finally given another interview date after 2 months of emailing/begging, visa approved, yeah!

05-03-07 Got K-1 Visa in hand (was only suppose to take 4-5 days for delivery,actually took 12)

05-11-07 Imagine girl running down beach towards guy to welcome him into her arms with a

passionate kiss, only it's the airport. He's arrives on Friday!

06-21-07 Our wedding date! It's a civil ceremony, but I'm excited nonetheless

07-12-07 Mailed AOS application/form (wish me luck)

07-25-07 Checks cashed by DHS

07-28-07 Received NOA 1

08-23-07 Biometrics Appt (have to reschedule out of town)

08-31-07 Rescheduled Biometrics

09-25-07 Received EAD

09-25-07 Received AP

09-25-07 Received NOA 2

11-19-07 Appointment for Initial Interview for AOS

11-19-07 Conditional Green Card Approved!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
No seriously Kimmy I won't buy much we are on a tight budget. My mom goes crazy over this stuff and will buy almost everything for me. She loves this second hand shop we have up here in Naperville clothes are around a buck a piece. She bought a lot for my niece but I think our baby will get more spoiled by her. The reasoning is my niece has 5 grandmas so my mother doesn't need to get a lot of items. Right now all I am thinking we need is a crib, a baby sling, 10 onesies, 7 sleepers, 5 pairs of socks, car seat, 5 bottles, 1 new born hat, digital thermometer, baby nail clipper, 5 blankets, gentle baby wash, disposable wipes, and lots of diapers. I guess my list is long but I think this is all we need for the start. My girlfriends later on want to hold a shower for me but I am so not into showers. We will see when the time comes. What do you think are the basics you need to have?

2 receiving blankets

stroller

baby bathtub

2 -3 4 oz bottles

burp cloths

changing mat

2 pacifiers (optional!)

3-4 hats

scratch mitts

5 baby vests

cotton wool

vaseline

baby bag with travel size changing mat, wipes

baby shampoo

swaddler (VERY good for soothing your newborn)

just make sure u wash ur second hand stuff...

Only 2 blankets... :whistle: we'll see

I used A&D ointment for everything ...i mean everything

I liked the new mom survival kits

I tell yah..I never ever used a changing mat

if ur going to use a pacifier..get the soothies brand..love it..shaped like the bottle and it doesn't trap air..i was able to get my daughter off of it by 6mths

Baby sling I used quite often..more often than a stroller

Think about getting more onesies, more socks and hats..and plenty of wash cloths

It's also nice if u invest in a convertable crib

I will wash it LOL!! The place my mother approves of and she is a germ freak. So its okay and not dirty at all. Thanks for all the help guys. I am a little overwhelemed. No wishing I would of waited a little longer for all this.

Everything is so adding up. OH MY!!

I always advise new mothers when they are pregnant and find out the sex of the child to buy from clearance racks for the next year. Just ask a few other mothers to help u gestimate how big the child will be. You don't have go overboard and you can buy the next size up. i.e. my son was a september baby I bought a lot of winter clothes in the six to nine months range and summer stuff 12 months with some 18 months mixed in. It worked out. Little miss I bought 12 months range for next summer and made out like a bandit with all end of season sales. This did not work for shoes for my big foot son so him I buy shoes/sneakers as he needs or the next size up and leave it at that. Childrens clothes are so expensive even though I am noticing a differene in that the girls clothes are cheaper than the boys stuff.

I understand that this system may work for me and not others but just thought I'd share

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Fi real Tricia. Yeah they want u to happy and claim fi have better lives than they did. But, when u really look at it they equate "better" life with money and figet bout the quality of life they probably had. In this country most ppl affi limit real family time to the wkends and figet it if ur spouse HAS to work the wekends. right now my husband is having a hard time about working weekends. mi tell him u affi unless u work inna one office. i'll take quality of life and a 9-5 rather than rich with,STD's,beatings and incest any day.

Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Tricia B @ Sep 10 2007, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yuh see it? i know they are coming from the point of view that they don't want me to have any hardships and somehow money equates no problems little do they know mo money mo problems, i just want to prove them wrong that quincy is wutless.

i know nuf dutty bad mind successful people that have beat on women, cheat on women, molest children, etc. so mi nuh bizness, my sister is married to a lawyer and i question her happiness

Please sometime blue collar makes more money than white collar...its only a perception..you can have more with the blue collar person sometimes and they don't have that stoosh attitude...like i'm a good catch...can't stand that..

Timeline

It's just for show..cause most of America like to see a man or ooman inna suite.

Please sometime blue collar makes more money than white collar...its only a perception..you can have more with the blue collar person sometimes and they don't have that stoosh attitude...like i'm a good catch...can't stand that..

Timeline
Fi real Tricia. Yeah they want u to happy and claim fi have better lives than they did. But, when u really look at it they equate "better" life with money and figet bout the quality of life they probably had. In this country most ppl affi limit real family time to the wkends and figet it if ur spouse HAS to work the wekends. right now my husband is having a hard time about working weekends. mi tell him u affi unless u work inna one office. i'll take quality of life and a 9-5 rather than rich with,STD's,beatings and incest any day.

Most people I know spend their weekends doing errands, might get some real family time sunday afternoon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yu know...When I read that news story on the plumber in NY who makes 7 figures and of course such a profession works out in the long run as there are no student loans that have to paid. When I read the story, I was like "Baby, if you want to be an electrician, a plumber; I have your back"...

Kimmy - I agree with you; I take quality of life over money any day. I remember when my dad used to drive me home from school and we used to travel on the Spanish Town Bypass, I used to look on the 1 room shack and think that sometimes there is more love in those homes than the big mansions on the hill. Money does not equal happiness. The profession I am in will pay off exponentially one day, but it will require lots of traveling and I am not willing to travel to another country for 2 weeks at a time and miss out on time with my family. Many women in the profession tend to not have children and marry well into their 40's. That is not for me. :blush:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Ideally - I would love the hubby to make enough so I can have a stay at home business/be a stay at home wife & mom.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

Yu know...When I read that news story on the plumber in NY who makes 7 figures and of course such a profession works out in the long run as there are no student loans that have to paid. When I read the story, I was like "Baby, if you want to be an electrician, a plumber; I have your back"...

Kimmy - I agree with you; I take quality of life over money any day. I remember when my dad used to drive me home from school and we used to travel on the Spanish Town Bypass, I used to look on the 1 room shack and think that sometimes there is more love in those homes than the big mansions on the hill. Money does not equal happiness. The profession I am in will pay off exponentially one day, but it will require lots of traveling and I am not willing to travel to another country for 2 weeks at a time and miss out on time with my family. Many women in the profession tend to not have children and marry well into their 40's. That is not for me. :blush:

my plumber made $500.00 from me once and he was in my house a whole hour - so talk to me - i am talking to hubby about that proffession, because they get PAID and of course he likes it lol.

Timeline
my plumber made $500.00 from me once and he was in my house a whole hour - so talk to me - i am talking to hubby about that proffession, because they get PAID and of course he likes it lol.

Alright!!! That's what I'm talking about :lol::lol:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

For your kind words and encouragement, thank you.

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.