Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mindy - now what is the hold up??? You and Roy better get busy :devil:

Bite your tongue!!

I am taking triple doses of the pill, I have an IUD, a Diaphram and I take a bath in spermacide -- AND -- I make Roy wear triple condoms :energetic: :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: oh mindy you always make me laugh!!! (F)

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

oK Jax..I wanna hear that when ur about 7mths..ur gonna see how everything will look cute on the baby..and everything seem resonably priced :no::lol: ..

My likkle 2cents for the new preggo ppl. I hear it all the time from new mothers, that they wanna buy all the stuff that their newborn needs. Dem no want nuttin wah nobody use. My motto tek it. Do u know how much money u can save or put to better use. U don't have to use everything ppl give u but some it. In actuality those parents may have used those things 3 times the most, then baby no longer needs or can't fit. Only things I wouldn't recommend taking are strollers and cars seats, just wanna be safe !

this is so true...with both families i have worked for the kids have gotten so much ####### that we NEVER used....it either got thrown away or donated...mike was asking me what all we needed and i said well not a whole lot....but we have a used place near us called oh i forget somthing with the stars and moon...and they are just for baby stuff and kid clothing...so i will def. be checking them out!!!!

as far as the maternity card...i went ahead and got it....the guy explained it to me and it acutally sounded pretty good....they get the bill for my visit, hospital bill and negotiate it to a lower cost....then send the bill back to to me which i then pay the lower amount....as far as the hospital they go through the bill taken stuff out that i shouldn't have been charged for ect then send it to me and help me set up a payment plan w/ the hospital if needed....they also cover dental, vision, and meds not only for me but for mike as well....so it seems like a good thing to try and hope that is works

We won't be getting too much for the baby. I see what has happened to my brothers house its like my niece owns it with all her stuff and she would rather play with plastic bottles and card board boxes. Hopefully we will be boring from him. My mother wants us to find out the sex of the baby so she can start buying stuff. We can't afford too much with hubby in school and one income. So spoiling is on the back burner.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My likkle 2cents for the new preggo ppl. I hear it all the time from new mothers, that they wanna buy all the stuff that their newborn needs. Dem no want nuttin wah nobody use. My motto tek it. Do u know how much money u can save or put to better use. U don't have to use everything ppl give u but some it. In actuality those parents may have used those things 3 times the most, then baby no longer needs or can't fit. Only things I wouldn't recommend taking are strollers and cars seats, just wanna be safe !

this is so true...with both families i have worked for the kids have gotten so much ####### that we NEVER used....it either got thrown away or donated...mike was asking me what all we needed and i said well not a whole lot....but we have a used place near us called oh i forget somthing with the stars and moon...and they are just for baby stuff and kid clothing...so i will def. be checking them out!!!!

as far as the maternity card...i went ahead and got it....the guy explained it to me and it acutally sounded pretty good....they get the bill for my visit, hospital bill and negotiate it to a lower cost....then send the bill back to to me which i then pay the lower amount....as far as the hospital they go through the bill taken stuff out that i shouldn't have been charged for ect then send it to me and help me set up a payment plan w/ the hospital if needed....they also cover dental, vision, and meds not only for me but for mike as well....so it seems like a good thing to try and hope that is works

We won't be getting too much for the baby. I see what has happened to my brothers house its like my niece owns it with all her stuff and she would rather play with plastic bottles and card board boxes. Hopefully we will be boring from him. My mother wants us to find out the sex of the baby so she can start buying stuff. We can't afford too much with hubby in school and one income. So spoiling is on the back burner.

i actually got some clothes today...wal mart was having a GREAT sale on summer things for next year...most things were under 3 bucks...can't beat that...i got stuff that could go either way....but there was the cutest likkle dress i couldn't resit it...so we shall see if i get to use it or not :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i actually got some clothes today...wal mart was having a GREAT sale on summer things for next year...most things were under 3 bucks...can't beat that...i got stuff that could go either way....but there was the cutest likkle dress i couldn't resit it...so we shall see if i get to use it or not :blush:

My sister got a lot of stuff in the Walmart sale as well. I heard that KMart is having a similar sale in our area.

Edited by JA Tam

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

HAhaha..here we go.. :lol:

How far along r u Shauna ?

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
HAhaha..here we go.. :lol:

How far along r u Shauna ?

Oh my Shauna already buying clothes. :whistle::lol:

No seriously Kimmy I won't buy much we are on a tight budget. My mom goes crazy over this stuff and will buy almost everything for me. She loves this second hand shop we have up here in Naperville clothes are around a buck a piece. She bought a lot for my niece but I think our baby will get more spoiled by her. The reasoning is my niece has 5 grandmas so my mother doesn't need to get a lot of items. Right now all I am thinking we need is a crib, a baby sling, 10 onesies, 7 sleepers, 5 pairs of socks, car seat, 5 bottles, 1 new born hat, digital thermometer, baby nail clipper, 5 blankets, gentle baby wash, disposable wipes, and lots of diapers. I guess my list is long but I think this is all we need for the start. My girlfriends later on want to hold a shower for me but I am so not into showers. We will see when the time comes. What do you think are the basics you need to have?

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Right now I don't even have the energy to shop. I feel like a stick in the mud. I don't think my husband and my cells are mixing properly. ;)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Sounds like these situations are a bit different.

Kelly, how would you feel if your husband said that his family is prejudiced against white American women and no one in his family knew that you two were married? Try looking at things from his point of view. In marriage husband and wife are to unite as one unit, and I understand you say your parents are very racist but it sounds like you are living your life to please them and your "husband" has been put on the back burner. Your parents don't have to accept him but you are not doing the marriage or him as man any respect whatsoever. You don't want your son subjected to their ways but he's living a double life acting as if you are not married and living with Craig, but when he comes home he has to treat Craig as a stepfather. What kind of values are you teaching him?

As a black person in this country, it is hard enough to deal with racism on a daily basis, but to come home to one's own spouse and feel like there is no support from that person (ex: this situation) I can imagine that feels even worse.

It's not about you trying to change who your parents are, but to give this marriage what it deserves, and that's a fair chance. Why have your parents find out by accident that he lives with you/you two are married, when you can tell them up front. Won't your son be subjected to the same negativity either way? Just think about how you would feel if you moved to Jamaica and you had to deal with this situation.

Hmmmm Jonesie, how do I respond to this.....

Well, I do look at this from Craig's side, we talk about it often. There are some family members of Craig's family that don't know he's married and those that do, His father for one is VERY racist against whites --doesn't like them, as well as his 2 aunts oh dear....and some cousins that all live in Philly an hour from us and don't "want" to meet me. I've said to Craig, if I ever met them....that's okay, if not I will never lose sleep over it, it doesn't bother me at all.

I just asked Craig about this, again....and he said at first it did bother him, but now he sees my parents and I are not close and knows we've never been and he sees how they truly are and he doesn't want to get to know them. He sees them close to my son and he said it would crush him to put Austin through all of that ####### if they found out. He said, we don't need that negativity in our life. I agree completely............sucks, but that's how it is !

My parents didn't even know I was pregnant with my son until 4 months after he was born because we hadn't spoken to each other in 2 yrs. My sister told my mother and my mother kept it from my father. We do not tell each other we love each other (I don't feel that way towards them at all) and I couldn't even tell you the last time either said it to me. When either of us go away, we don't say we'll miss each other.....ever. The relationship that my parents have with my brother and sister, completely different. They also tell my son that they love him every phone conversation and in person because I told my parents looooong ago, do NOT treat him like you have treated me !!!

My son has had my parents tell him last summer not to bring "those kinds of people over to their house" to go swimming. I am teaching MY son that color does not make the person....and I laugh, ALL of my sons friends are black and one is black/japanese and yes, I choose to live a "double life" because "I" do not want my son to be subjected --every time he would go to their house to have my parents say rude and ignorant things to him about Craig and trust me.........that WOULD happen. The say the "n" word not even knowing Craig!!!

As an interracial couple, trust me........we get looks, stares, roll of eyes from TONS of black people (mostly women) here..........sad, truly sad !!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:crying::(

So sad that you have to live with this type of drama. I really hate to hear that anyone has to endure that type of hatred. Is your son from a different relationship or your relationship with Craig? I imagine that has to be really hard for your son to deal with as well. He is showing a lot of maturity from your posts. Keep raising him to know how much unfounded hatred can hurt all involved. :thumbs: Are your siblings as limited as your parents in their views or stance? Do you think your original attraction to men outside of your race was a subconscious thing because you were determined to not become racist like them?

Personally as a Black woman, I do not have a problem with interracial couples (White women with Black men or men of African ancestory or vice versa). However, I do have a problem with those women that will not look twice at an African American man in the US (or Jamaican in the US for that matter)...but will go away on Spring Break and gush about being in love with the "exotic" skin color of all the beautiful Jamaican men. These are the women that have never had an interracial relationship...and never entertained the idea...but they will marry and declare their neverending love to a Jamaican man because she met him on the island. Those I do detest...and think that they are fake.

I have dated outside of my race as well...but I find that I most compatible with an man of African ancestory...I am also not a woman that will limit myself to only dating a Jamaican man...it just happened that my last two serious relationships have been that way because men in Atlanta are scary at best. LOL LOL.

Have a great night and see you all tomorrow.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Whats sad about it is that people are still living their lives as if they were in the 60's. Those beliefs about blacks are continuously being displayed whether in the household, school, etc... Trust me your son would encounter it some way or another. I am black and could care less about what color the other person is. Its ashame because these beliefs are in our work world and personal life and it stagnates us all one way or another. Don't even get me started on this one!!! Kelly, there is really nothing that you can do about your parent's beliefs. Just know that your son will still be exposed to their beliefs and sadly enough its going to have an impact on the way views other races. It may be a good view or a bad view. All you can do is to continue teaching him otherwise and possibly tell your parents not to discuss certain things around him such as racial differences. If so he will not be allowed to come over anymore. If it was me I would explain to them the necessary reasons and if they can't agree then so be it. Its 2007...........please people get over it!!! (for anyone who is racist) Neither race is going anywhere so we might as well learn how to get along with each other or you will just create unecessary stress and worries that will get you nowhere in life.

Edited by 12/11/2006

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Rhonda and Mindy I think do 2 a u chat too much....2 hearts...mi caan type dat much ...:):lol::luv:

Yeah, but mine took 3 1/2 years to acquire! Mindy talked that much in about half the amount of time :P

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

and he'll kiss his teeth

Oh, I HATE when Tony does that :angry: It irks me so much.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Do you get back more when you file married or less?

I get back a lot more now that I file married. I still claim just 1 during the year - then when we file as married, I get lots of $$$ back. I was joking the first year with Tony that he finally paid off :lol::devil: For all the damn money I spent going to JA and paying for the Visa, etc...

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

I have been looking at the forms required for AOS. Form I-131, Application for Travel Document is listed. Is this form part of the new I-485? USCIS shows the fee as $305. I am concerned that Donna's mom may need her there in Jamaica before any of this paper work goes through. Would she have a problem getting back into the country with her current K-1 visa? Her visa is dated to expire the end of November.

She can NOT re-enter the U.S. again with her K-1 Visa. That is good for ONE entry only. She must have the AP (Advanced Parole) document before she leaves the country again. Or wait for her green card. If you think she'll need to travel fairly quickly, you need to apply for the AP (I-131).

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

...but add me to the preggo list

OH MY GOSH :o What a surprise! Congratulations :dance: Welcome to the club! Who's next? :whistle:

Okay, now I am 1000000% convinced there is something in the VJ water.....:lol::innocent:

Don't worry Mindy - my crystal ball tells me that YOU'RE NEXT :devil::yes::P

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.