Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Ditto, we went small as well, very romantic, short and sweet, we were planning to go the court house, the minister doing the weddings at the court house just happen to mention his chapel, afterward I learned It was just what I wanted. Beautiful !! All for less than 500-600$ for dress, chapel, tux, pics everyting. I could not have asked for anything more.

I LOVE your wedding pictures...they are so beautiful. I wish we had a wedding chapel around here.

We had new ones done yesterday in, by the same guy, I hope they turn out just as good. I'll post them when I get them back....if they turn out alright, cause hubby is so darn stubbern he wanted to tell the photographer what poses he wanted instead of listening to what the man suggested :wacko:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dee - have a safe trip :thumbs:

Thanks Hows the fam?

Everything is good. Nothing new....work is still kicking my butt.

I'm suppose to be doing my hair while Damien is grocery shopping :unsure::whistle: . I have to enjoy the few moments I have alone.

He brought us tickets to see Buju Banton and Beanie Man today :dance:

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks Hows the fam?

I'm suppose to be doing my hair while Damien is grocery shopping :unsure::whistle: . I have to enjoy the few moments I have alone.

Hubby would love to see Beanie Man in concert. When is it?

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

With Aflac..u may not be eligible for this pregnacy b/c u have to have the plan 10mths prior to being pregnant..After that they cover 6wks and pay about 60% of ur salary..U can also try colonial life it's pretty much same as Aflac. Never even thought that any insurance can have maternity as optional....

so my next thought was if i couldn't do that i came across a maternity card...it is not insurance but will give you a discounted price and can save you up to 60%....

Shauna -- this is my issue as well. Roy doesn't even have insurance yet -- I have it through the State and it is ONLY major medical -- and they charge me through my a#$ for this every month. I keep telling Roy that I CANNOT get pregant because we don't have the insurance to cover the expenses.

I've never heard of that card -- actually, never had to look :blink: Let me know how it works out.

well i asked mike to find out from his job...yup he can't get it yet....after talking to my sister...worst idea i had for the day....she siad don't get the maternity card....switch to a new insurance...pay out the nose for it blah blah blah....i'm worried for you don't know how you and mike are going to do this you live in a one bedroom apt. just going on and on about what they had to deal w/ when my nephew was born...it was a bunch of ####### i didn't need to hear or deal with....

what the man told me last night seemed to make a lot of sense to me...basically i will pretty much end up paying the same as if i had insurance..so we shall see....

Doesn't this technically count as a life changing event that would enable you to change your current coverage instead of waiting for open enrollment? You may wish to review all the options available to you from your employer and speak to a human resources rep about making the changes. Best of luck. Do it MONDAY!! Don't let too much time pass. :thumbs:

wish it was that easy...as i am my own human resource :lol: my employer doesn't offer me insurance so i had to get my own

Oh...I'm so sorry. I don't like the prospect of you being hit later with the bills right when you are dealing with the added cost of actually raising your baby. I think you should bite the bullet and pay for new insurance coverage now. How much would your premiums be to switch in comparison with setting up payment arrangements on your bills for pregnancy? I'm guessing that you will still pay co-pays for your pregnancy visits and check ups with your current coverage and the maternity card. The actual labor and delivery and hospital stay can easily come in over $20,000 with normal delivery and about 1 1/2 days in the hospital. If you have to have a c-section the cost was dramatically increase because of the extended stay (3 to 5 days) in the hospital. Then, if you decide to circumcise if it's a boy...\o/ What happens if an unforeseen emergency arises?

At least with the change in coverage, you will know up front what the "paying through the nose" costs will be. Sweets, I wish you the best. I can try to help you research some of the options since I am bored to death and on leave from work. :D

Congrats on your recent approval Finesse.... :dance::dance::thumbs:

thank you so much...i was doing some research and basically aetna has a plan for 327.00...deductable of 500.00....but Pre & Postnatal Office Visit

$30 Copay for Initial Visit; No Charge thereafter

Labor & Delivery Hospital Stay

$2,000 Copay Plus 20% Coinsurance after deductible

so i may actually end up paying the same in the end....i sometimes hate our healthcare system....

Trust me, I know the feeling. I have been off work for going on 4 weeks because of pain in my neck and shoulder. The doctor couldn't find anything on an x-ray. He requested an MRI and my stupid health care provider stated that they would not approve payment on it until after I completed 6 to 8 weeks under doctor's treatment. So, I have to do physical therapy on an unknown condition just to find out what the condition is. CHA!!!!!

Have you considered looking into AFLAC for supplemental coverage to your current insurance?

My sweetie stated that he thought we would get married in Jamaica...but is okay with getting married in the States if that is what I want. I know most women think of it has their day...but I want it to be our day in every aspect. I just don't want to spend another minute longer away from him if I can help it. When I dream of our day, it's always in Jamaica though. Maybe, I will do the wedding to statisfy the immigration requirement, then arrange for an actual Jamaican wedding the following year on our 1st year anniversary. Then, I will still only have "1" wedding date...and it will make the budget easier to manage too without the costs of actually getting him here taking away from it. Then, afterwards we can begin budgeting in the $5000 AOS fees since they will find a way to increase it again by then. *rolleyes*

i just sent aflac for more info...i never thought about looking into them...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Hows the fam?

Hubby would love to see Beanie Man in concert. When is it?

Today. It's suppose to start at 4:00 but that really means 9:00 on Jamaican time :lol: . It's going to be nice beause some of Damien's childhood friends will be there. Actually, they all went to see Sizzla perform last night. We didn't find out until the last minute. Oh well. Today will be a good day.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i know i never thought about it as well...thanks for that info...i will look into it.

With Aflac..u may not be eligible for this pregnacy b/c u have to have the plan 10mths prior to being pregnant..After that they cover 6wks and pay about 60% of ur salary..U can also try colonial life it's pretty much same as Aflac. Never even thought that any insurance can have maternity as optional....

so my next thought was if i couldn't do that i came across a maternity card...it is not insurance but will give you a discounted price and can save you up to 60%....

Shauna -- this is my issue as well. Roy doesn't even have insurance yet -- I have it through the State and it is ONLY major medical -- and they charge me through my a#$ for this every month. I keep telling Roy that I CANNOT get pregant because we don't have the insurance to cover the expenses.

I've never heard of that card -- actually, never had to look :blink: Let me know how it works out.

well i asked mike to find out from his job...yup he can't get it yet....after talking to my sister...worst idea i had for the day....she siad don't get the maternity card....switch to a new insurance...pay out the nose for it blah blah blah....i'm worried for you don't know how you and mike are going to do this you live in a one bedroom apt. just going on and on about what they had to deal w/ when my nephew was born...it was a bunch of ####### i didn't need to hear or deal with....

what the man told me last night seemed to make a lot of sense to me...basically i will pretty much end up paying the same as if i had insurance..so we shall see....

Doesn't this technically count as a life changing event that would enable you to change your current coverage instead of waiting for open enrollment? You may wish to review all the options available to you from your employer and speak to a human resources rep about making the changes. Best of luck. Do it MONDAY!! Don't let too much time pass. :thumbs:

wish it was that easy...as i am my own human resource :lol: my employer doesn't offer me insurance so i had to get my own

Oh...I'm so sorry. I don't like the prospect of you being hit later with the bills right when you are dealing with the added cost of actually raising your baby. I think you should bite the bullet and pay for new insurance coverage now. How much would your premiums be to switch in comparison with setting up payment arrangements on your bills for pregnancy? I'm guessing that you will still pay co-pays for your pregnancy visits and check ups with your current coverage and the maternity card. The actual labor and delivery and hospital stay can easily come in over $20,000 with normal delivery and about 1 1/2 days in the hospital. If you have to have a c-section the cost was dramatically increase because of the extended stay (3 to 5 days) in the hospital. Then, if you decide to circumcise if it's a boy...\o/ What happens if an unforeseen emergency arises?

At least with the change in coverage, you will know up front what the "paying through the nose" costs will be. Sweets, I wish you the best. I can try to help you research some of the options since I am bored to death and on leave from work. :D

Congrats on your recent approval Finesse.... :dance::dance::thumbs:

thank you so much...i was doing some research and basically aetna has a plan for 327.00...deductable of 500.00....but Pre & Postnatal Office Visit

$30 Copay for Initial Visit; No Charge thereafter

Labor & Delivery Hospital Stay

$2,000 Copay Plus 20% Coinsurance after deductible

so i may actually end up paying the same in the end....i sometimes hate our healthcare system....

Trust me, I know the feeling. I have been off work for going on 4 weeks because of pain in my neck and shoulder. The doctor couldn't find anything on an x-ray. He requested an MRI and my stupid health care provider stated that they would not approve payment on it until after I completed 6 to 8 weeks under doctor's treatment. So, I have to do physical therapy on an unknown condition just to find out what the condition is. CHA!!!!!

Have you considered looking into AFLAC for supplemental coverage to your current insurance?

My sweetie stated that he thought we would get married in Jamaica...but is okay with getting married in the States if that is what I want. I know most women think of it has their day...but I want it to be our day in every aspect. I just don't want to spend another minute longer away from him if I can help it. When I dream of our day, it's always in Jamaica though. Maybe, I will do the wedding to statisfy the immigration requirement, then arrange for an actual Jamaican wedding the following year on our 1st year anniversary. Then, I will still only have "1" wedding date...and it will make the budget easier to manage too without the costs of actually getting him here taking away from it. Then, afterwards we can begin budgeting in the $5000 AOS fees since they will find a way to increase it again by then. *rolleyes*

i just sent aflac for more info...i never thought about looking into them...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

nyseness, i'm in the same situation as you i'm already married but my mom has no idea although at this point i have told her we are going to do a courthouse marriage first then a ceremony in ja. i go back and forth on big and small weddings, but my mom and i decided that having a wedding at her house in jamaica was the best option: cheaper and no time restraints but i know deep inside jay, that just a courthouse wedding alone for me would be unsatisifactory i want to celebrate with my family and be a star for the day.

Donna and I are discussing this now. I believe we first have to marry before the AOS is filed. We are looking at a late October wedding date. The AOS would be mail soon afterwards. I mentioned to her that some people go to the courthouse and get married after arriving. Later they have a reception for family and friends. This would allow us to get the AOS in sooner. As women how do you feel about having your first marriage at the courthouse? I wonder if she would later feel cheated or bad about doing this. Is it worth saving this time by having a courthouse marriage? I would like a women's perspective on this.

We didn't have a big wedding; we got married in Jamaica in our pastor's office on a Thursday afternoon. We preferred to save the money we would have spent on a wedding for something else. The plan is to have a nice celebration for our 10th anniversary.

I love the idea of a park wedding if she does not want to go to the courthouse - great idea, luvtravlin

We also got married in the pastor's office. Although I love being married I do feel cheated a bit. We want a "real" wedding so we will do it once he arrives later on in front of friends and family. The date won't be set until he arrives. My mom is already gushing over it and she has nooooo idea we're already married!! :no:

03-31-06 Filed K-1 papers

04-13-06 received NOA 1

09-24-06 k-1 approved, yeah!

10-02-06 NVC letter received/Papers sent to Kingston/Interview packet sent to fiance

10-24-06 Interview packet returned to Kingston by postal service/Had to request them to resend

10-31-06 Received resent packetand immediately sent DS-230 Part I so he could get interview date

01-09-07 Received appointment letter, two days before interview! (JA mail sucks)

01-11-07 Couldn't get us down, made it to the interview anyway, half prepared, given a letter to return

04-17-07 Finally given another interview date after 2 months of emailing/begging, visa approved, yeah!

05-03-07 Got K-1 Visa in hand (was only suppose to take 4-5 days for delivery,actually took 12)

05-11-07 Imagine girl running down beach towards guy to welcome him into her arms with a

passionate kiss, only it's the airport. He's arrives on Friday!

06-21-07 Our wedding date! It's a civil ceremony, but I'm excited nonetheless

07-12-07 Mailed AOS application/form (wish me luck)

07-25-07 Checks cashed by DHS

07-28-07 Received NOA 1

08-23-07 Biometrics Appt (have to reschedule out of town)

08-31-07 Rescheduled Biometrics

09-25-07 Received EAD

09-25-07 Received AP

09-25-07 Received NOA 2

11-19-07 Appointment for Initial Interview for AOS

11-19-07 Conditional Green Card Approved!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Shauna on the pregnancy :yes:

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
We also got married in the pastor's office. Although I love being married I do feel cheated a bit. We want a "real" wedding so we will do it once he arrives later on in front of friends and family. The date won't be set until he arrives. My mom is already gushing over it and she has nooooo idea we're already married!! :no:

Anna, are you ever going to tell your mom? Yeah, you need to save face and have that ceremony :yes:

Shoot, my parents still have no clue about my relationship with Craig and it will be 3 yrs come November....nor will they if we can help it !!! They have never ever asked me if I'm dating anyone, ever. They don't care to know who is in my life, we aren't and never have been "close". They STILL treat me like I'm a 14 yr old sometimes, it's really sad!! My parents are veeeery racist. I LAUGHED and got real pissed at my mother last weekend when she said she would NEVER see the movie Hairspray because "whites and blacks dance together". I said, so who the f**k cares?? and went on to vent a little more and tell her how I feel (again) about her ignorance. I asked her when is she EVER going to "get it" that it is not the persons SKIN COLOR who makes them WHO they are, etc etc etc!!! It's pathetic, truly is ....but this is what I've had to put up with "my" entire life. I don't live for my parents, but ....I also don't need for my son to be subjected to their ignorance and cruelty if (and when) they find out !! We only live 6 miles from each other, but they never come over my place.... well, only to pick up my son every blue moon !!!

Sounds like these situations are a bit different.

Kelly, how would you feel if your husband said that his family is prejudiced against white American women and no one in his family knew that you two were married? Try looking at things from his point of view. In marriage husband and wife are to unite as one unit, and I understand you say your parents are very racist but it sounds like you are living your life to please them and your "husband" has been put on the back burner. Your parents don't have to accept him but you are not doing the marriage or him as man any respect whatsoever. You don't want your son subjected to their ways but he's living a double life acting as if you are not married and living with Craig, but when he comes home he has to treat Craig as a stepfather. What kind of values are you teaching him?

As a black person in this country, it is hard enough to deal with racism on a daily basis, but to come home to one's own spouse and feel like there is no support from that person (ex: this situation) I can imagine that feels even worse.

It's not about you trying to change who your parents are, but to give this marriage what it deserves, and that's a fair chance. Why have your parents find out by accident that he lives with you/you two are married, when you can tell them up front. Won't your son be subjected to the same negativity either way? Just think about how you would feel if you moved to Jamaica and you had to deal with this situation.

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

I agree :yes: have a great time and get some relaxation :dance:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My likkle 2cents for the new preggo ppl. I hear it all the time from new mothers, that they wanna buy all the stuff that their newborn needs. Dem no want nuttin wah nobody use. My motto tek it. Do u know how much money u can save or put to better use. U don't have to use everything ppl give u but some it. In actuality those parents may have used those things 3 times the most, then baby no longer needs or can't fit. Only things I wouldn't recommend taking are strollers and cars seats, just wanna be safe !

this is so true...with both families i have worked for the kids have gotten so much ####### that we NEVER used....it either got thrown away or donated...mike was asking me what all we needed and i said well not a whole lot....but we have a used place near us called oh i forget somthing with the stars and moon...and they are just for baby stuff and kid clothing...so i will def. be checking them out!!!!

as far as the maternity card...i went ahead and got it....the guy explained it to me and it acutally sounded pretty good....they get the bill for my visit, hospital bill and negotiate it to a lower cost....then send the bill back to to me which i then pay the lower amount....as far as the hospital they go through the bill taken stuff out that i shouldn't have been charged for ect then send it to me and help me set up a payment plan w/ the hospital if needed....they also cover dental, vision, and meds not only for me but for mike as well....so it seems like a good thing to try and hope that is works

We won't be getting too much for the baby. I see what has happened to my brothers house its like my niece owns it with all her stuff and she would rather play with plastic bottles and card board boxes. Hopefully we will be boring from him. My mother wants us to find out the sex of the baby so she can start buying stuff. We can't afford too much with hubby in school and one income. So spoiling is on the back burner.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Mindy - now what is the hold up??? You and Roy better get busy :devil:

Bite your tongue!!

I am taking triple doses of the pill, I have an IUD, a Diaphram and I take a bath in spermacide -- AND -- I make Roy wear triple condoms :energetic: :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Bite your tongue!!

I am taking triple doses of the pill, I have an IUD, a Diaphram and I take a bath in spermacide -- AND -- I make Roy wear triple condoms :energetic: :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.