Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks TAM...I feel like a heavy load lifted no affi deal wid immigration no more til we file for the kids

Fi real...Thank God for that. I am sure you are both smiling from ear to ear :D

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks TAM...I feel like a heavy load lifted no affi deal wid immigration no more til we file for the kids

Fi real...Thank God for that. I am sure you are both smiling from ear to ear :D

For sure, he's getting bored at home now, plus Kimora is driving him crazy :) we'll start looking for work soon and see if he can do some courses

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
For sure, he's getting bored at home now, plus Kimora is driving him crazy :) we'll start looking for work soon and see if he can do some courses

:lol: Poor thing. Well I will be praying that he finds something soon.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol: Poor thing. Well I will be praying that he finds something soon.

Thanks girl..all prayers r welcomed

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
Here's a question for the Yardie vets:

Have any of your fiance's been out of status before filing for AOS? If yes, for how long and were there ANY problems?

Are you thinking money issues, Sarah?

You have a year to file for AOS. The only problem I can think of would be EAD as I'm guessing you will think Marlon needs to work. I don't have the answer on the EAD cause we filed with our AOS. I'm sure someone on here will.

BTW.....got your call over the weekend and yes, I was working. I'm going to call you one night this week to wish you luck on Friday. I'm sure you are just splitting with happiness. I'm excited for you.

Sarah, I'm thinking you should talk to kelly (luvT). I think they just filed for Craig after almost a year (?) I could be wrong, though.

Yes, it is mainly financial worries but if we have time then I certainly feel better!

Timeline
Does any one have the name of a supervisor at the Immigrant Visa section of the Embassy? In November 2006, I filed for a K-3 Visa. Why are K-1 filers getting interview dates more quickly? Any time I send an e-mail, I keep receiving the same lame response that a date has not been sent. What is the delay? I want to send another e-mail, but I am not going to right now because I am angry.

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this. The only thing I can suggest is contacting your congressman. That's the only thing that seemed to work for Empress when her case was sitting at the embassy for over 6 months.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
YAY :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Dear Madam

Our system is showing that an interview date has been set for 16th

October, 2007 @ 07;30am. A packet 4 was send off today 5th September,

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congrats JALove

Good luck on the interview. Are you planning on going? I will be in Ja that week and will be sending you good vibes for a successful interview. :thumbs:

Claire

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Does any one have the name of a supervisor at the Immigrant Visa section of the Embassy? In November 2006, I filed for a K-3 Visa. Why are K-1 filers getting interview dates more quickly? Any time I send an e-mail, I keep receiving the same lame response that a date has not been sent. What is the delay? I want to send another e-mail, but I am not going to right now because I am angry.

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this. The only thing I can suggest is contacting your congressman. That's the only thing that seemed to work for Empress when her case was sitting at the embassy for over 6 months.

Yeah...Mrs. Scott...you may want to try contacting your congressman about your case. I hope everything works out for you though.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
YAY :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Dear Madam

October, 2007 @ 07;30am. A packet 4 was send off today 5th September,

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congrats JALove

Good luck on the interview. Are you planning on going? I will be in Ja that week and will be sending you good vibes for a successful interview. :thumbs:

Claire

Thanks :) Claire .. i talked to chris he says he is nervous! i told him i could not concentrate at work so he says....stop carryin on with that foolishness lol i had to laugh lol yes im gonna go i finally got someone to switch work weekends with me and promised to buy them lunch !! now issue is tryin to decide when i should go i really dont wanna take any vacay time at all i have only 6 days left of vacation and 2 personal i may just find a way to go there the day before and come right back after interview second worry is no UK police report yet! ill be up at 4am checkin email to see if they have finish processing it.

I am really feeling for mrs scott im tryin to understand how i get an interview before her and shes been waiting longer eventhough its k3 and embassy schedules those i have no idea how they base the interview dates i found a link where people were posting in ref to contactin their senators http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1171953

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update. Mr Jengles went to carnival with me on Monday at first he didn't want to go. I had to drag him out the house... It was also his first time on the subway, he couldn't believe it went under the ground especially when we had to go down 2 flights to get to our train. U should have seen him jump when the door he was leaning on opened. lol

He wants to get to a job to "play his part" is how he puts it and save quicker for a bigger place. He's been doing a lot of work around the house and saving me a lot of money so I'm happy with that for right now . According to the new york state website he doesn't need a SS# to get a licsense but he says he needs more time to get used to the idea.

I had to speak to him about calling his friends from the cellphone QUESTION - he put money on his digicell but he can't get it to work..he can see missed calls..but can't get or make calls...does anyone know how to make it work..I had a digicell phone that worked here in the U.S.

Having him around is great, I just wish I could get him out of the house more.

Oh we went to a Jamaican dance on Saturday, he had a good time. We also went to a calypso backyard party on Saturday he didn't have a good time there. He actually asked when can we leave. lol

He thinks "foreign" is nice but only if you have a job. Which I think is a good thing for him to realize. Sometimes he watches those shows like Maury and Jerry Springer and thinks Americans are crazy...

Bye for now

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update. Mr Jengles went to carnival with me on Monday at first he didn't want to go. I had to drag him out the house... It was also his first time on the subway, he couldn't believe it went under the ground especially when we had to go down 2 flights to get to our train. U should have seen him jump when the door he was leaning on opened. lol

He wants to get to a job to "play his part" is how he puts it and save quicker for a bigger place. He's been doing a lot of work around the house and saving me a lot of money so I'm happy with that for right now . According to the new york state website he doesn't need a SS# to get a licsense but he says he needs more time to get used to the idea.

I had to speak to him about calling his friends from the cellphone QUESTION - he put money on his digicell but he can't get it to work..he can see missed calls..but can't get or make calls...does anyone know how to make it work..I had a digicell phone that worked here in the U.S.

Having him around is great, I just wish I could get him out of the house more.

Oh we went to a Jamaican dance on Saturday, he had a good time. We also went to a calypso backyard party on Saturday he didn't have a good time there. He actually asked when can we leave. lol

He thinks "foreign" is nice but only if you have a job. Which I think is a good thing for him to realize. Sometimes he watches those shows like Maury and Jerry Springer and thinks Americans are crazy...

Bye for now

hi, when calling back to ja is he adding a 1 before the area code ? if no you can contact cingular to have them troubleshoot

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

October, 2007 @ 07;30am. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congrats!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

It's like when I was pregnant. I must have read "What to expect when Expecting" cover to cover 500 times. Just to make sure I had an idea of what might happen.

:ot: I must say, I don't like that book very much. It's hard to read and reminds me too much of a text book. I really liked "The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" and "Pregnancy Sucks" :P They were much easier to read and they were entertaining, yet still gave you lots of useful information. Jax - if you're reading this, pay attention :luv:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

I know some people on here don't like to talk about the unpleasant things and that's fine and dandy. Whatever works for you works. But, I do believe others can relate and learn from what we have to say on ALL subjects. I am always willing to share whatever I have experienced with anyone who asks. Please feel free to PM me anytime you like. I promise to give honest answers.

:yes: I agree completely. I like to talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly! No one has a perfect relationship (except for you Mindy :P ) and it helps others to know they are not the only ones having problems. Me and Tony had so many problems and issues our first year that he was here, I honestly didn't think we were gonna make it. But we hung in there and now things are a lot better. Now the main thing we argue about is money/finances.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.