Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Fiance just called Visa was APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!! He'll get it within two weeks...LOL...let's see how long it takes.

K.,

That's WONDERFUL!!!!! Congratulations!! You worked your tail off and now you can reep the rewards!!

Congrats again!! This has been a pretty good week thus far. First you, then JALove!!! EXCELLENT!!!

Blessings-blessings-blessings!! (L)

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does any one know how long it takes to adopt a child in jamaica? answer needed urgently thanks

See the following link. It has some valuable info.

http://travel.state.gov/family/adoption/co...ountry_404.html

Thank you. I needed some of this info too.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Fiance just called Visa was APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!! He'll get it within two weeks...LOL...let's see how long it takes.

K.,

That's WONDERFUL!!!!! Congratulations!! You worked your tail off and now you can reep the rewards!!

Congrats again!! This has been a pretty good week thus far. First you, then JALove!!! EXCELLENT!!!

Blessings-blessings-blessings!! (L)

Thanks Gil....You're next!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tricia B @ Sep 4 2007, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hey yardies:

I don't post much but decided to get my frustrations out with you guys, my hubby (in us on k-1) is extremely homesick and contemplating foregoing the whole process. he feels he's not cut out for this place (LA in particular usa in general), a part of me feels that this shall pass but at the same time i feel bad for him because i miss ja too and i didn't even grow up there and i feel there's not much i can do at this point to make him feel better until his AP comes through besides have him visit NYC where there's more things jamaican but he's not feelin that either he just wants to go home. advice?

This is the part where I feel we need more warnings on this board. This is not uncommon at all. And, honestly, he has to WANT to stick it out or not. He's not in Jamaica anymore. Things are totally different. And, you can only mask some of those feelings by scoping out Jamaica-related events and people. It will never be a completely Jamaican culture immersion. He HAS to get used to a different way of life if he wants to stay. If he runs back to Jamaica before AOS, he is risking everything the two of you have built thus far.

I do know all about these feelings. Andre had the same adjustment process as every other Jamaican before him. Times were extremely hard when he wasn't working (the first 7 months) and are still a work in progress (now 14 months later). Luckily, my husband never stated he wanted to chuck it all and go back. I would be devestated just hearing those words. Things do get better and will eventually work out if he sticks it out and wants it to work. If he's ready to chuck it all already and run back to Jamaica, he wasn't mentally prepared for the journey to begin with.

I wish only the best for you and luck in working it out.

Greetings,

I just wanted to say thank you for this. I keep trying to plan ahead and kind of prepare myself for what might become a problem in our marriage. But, all I find is sunshine and great stories. It's like when I was pregnant. I must have read "What to expect when Expecting" cover to cover 500 times. Just to make sure I had an idea of what might happen. Unfortunately, there is no book on "What to expect after filing a K1 and he gets here"-LOL!!

So, as much as it's not always pleasant...from me it is sincerely appreciated. I am a very positive person...sometimes to a fault ( I love my rose-coloured glasses :whistle:), so getting the other side of things is not always a bad thing. It keeps things balanced. At least in my opinion!

Blessings!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats JAlove...finally !!!!

THANKS EVERYBODY !!! now im in a rush to try to maneuver my work schedule to be able to go down there luckily the fare sale from newark and jfk is still on

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tricia B @ Sep 4 2007, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hey yardies:

I don't post much but decided to get my frustrations out with you guys, my hubby (in us on k-1) is extremely homesick and contemplating foregoing the whole process. he feels he's not cut out for this place (LA in particular usa in general), a part of me feels that this shall pass but at the same time i feel bad for him because i miss ja too and i didn't even grow up there and i feel there's not much i can do at this point to make him feel better until his AP comes through besides have him visit NYC where there's more things jamaican but he's not feelin that either he just wants to go home. advice?

This is the part where I feel we need more warnings on this board. This is not uncommon at all. And, honestly, he has to WANT to stick it out or not. He's not in Jamaica anymore. Things are totally different. And, you can only mask some of those feelings by scoping out Jamaica-related events and people. It will never be a completely Jamaican culture immersion. He HAS to get used to a different way of life if he wants to stay. If he runs back to Jamaica before AOS, he is risking everything the two of you have built thus far.

I do know all about these feelings. Andre had the same adjustment process as every other Jamaican before him. Times were extremely hard when he wasn't working (the first 7 months) and are still a work in progress (now 14 months later). Luckily, my husband never stated he wanted to chuck it all and go back. I would be devestated just hearing those words. Things do get better and will eventually work out if he sticks it out and wants it to work. If he's ready to chuck it all already and run back to Jamaica, he wasn't mentally prepared for the journey to begin with.

I wish only the best for you and luck in working it out.

Greetings,

I just wanted to say thank you for this. I keep trying to plan ahead and kind of prepare myself for what might become a problem in our marriage. But, all I find is sunshine and great stories. It's like when I was pregnant. I must have read "What to expect when Expecting" cover to cover 500 times. Just to make sure I had an idea of what might happen. Unfortunately, there is no book on "What to expect after filing a K1 and he gets here"-LOL!!

So, as much as it's not always pleasant...from me it is sincerely appreciated. I am a very positive person...sometimes to a fault ( I love my rose-coloured glasses :whistle:), so getting the other side of things is not always a bad thing. It keeps things balanced. At least in my opinion!

Blessings!

I love my husband and would not trade him or any of the experiences leading up to where we are today for anything. But, it was not always easy, in fact some of it was overly difficult. The K-1 process is just the tip of the iceberg. I really believe the hard part is the adjustment period....and that goes for both of you. That being said, if you had asked me the same questions during the process, I would've said it could not be more difficult then it is now.

This whole thing tests your patience to the limits sometimes. But, it can be a wonderful thing and work out incredibly well. Like I said, it's a work in progress. And, nothing so far has done any detrimental harm.

He has been here 14 months and I just now feel like we are getting a handle on some of the things that have been so difficult for us. It's not all rose colored all the time; but I do believe it is very worth it in the end.

I know some people on here don't like to talk about the unpleasant things and that's fine and dandy. Whatever works for you works. But, I do believe others can relate and learn from what we have to say on ALL subjects. I am always willing to share whatever I have experienced with anyone who asks. Please feel free to PM me anytime you like. I promise to give honest answers.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

THANKS EVERYBODY !!! now im in a rush to try to maneuver my work schedule to be able to go down there luckily the fare sale from newark and jfk is still on

Until the 13th...I think they will extend it, but the sooner you book it, the better. SO happy and excited for you, especially after your call last week :lol:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Until the 13th...I think they will extend it, but the sooner you book it, the better. SO happy and excited for you, especially after your call last week :lol:

Thanks JA TAM yeh that call was a bit crazy and discouraging as she definitely sounded unsure of everything she said. I think i will get my ticket today or tomorrow i been savin and doing overtime for this kinda worn out cant wait till i dont have to work so hard anymore!

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline
Thanks JA TAM yeh that call was a bit crazy and discouraging as she definitely sounded unsure of everything she said. I think i will get my ticket today or tomorrow i been savin and doing overtime for this kinda worn out cant wait till i dont have to work so hard anymore!

I feel you on that. I am looking forward to the hubby working so we can save some serious money. The cost of plane tickets and everything that comes with visiting Jamaica is no joke...I am looking forward to saving that money I normally spend at Christmas time.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jomo, I agree I have witnessed ppl go thru tough times when they 1st come to the country. It is a big adjustment and you love each other and u have to fight it out. Ur right there aren't enough talks about how hard it can be or will be when ur SO gets to the country.

Kimmy

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
Jomo, I agree I have witnessed ppl go thru tough times when they 1st come to the country. It is a big adjustment and you love each other and u have to fight it out. Ur right there aren't enough talks about how hard it can be or will be when ur SO gets to the country.

Kimmy

Does any one have the name of a supervisor at the Immigrant Visa section of the Embassy? In November 2006, I filed for a K-3 Visa. Why are K-1 filers getting interview dates more quickly? Any time I send an e-mail, I keep receiving the same lame response that a date has not been sent. What is the delay? I want to send another e-mail, but I am not going to right now because I am angry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kimmy

Does any one have the name of a supervisor at the Immigrant Visa section of the Embassy? In November 2006, I filed for a K-3 Visa. Why are K-1 filers getting interview dates more quickly? Any time I send an e-mail, I keep receiving the same lame response that a date has not been sent. What is the delay? I want to send another e-mail, but I am not going to right now because I am angry.

Have u tried calling them during the times they allow calls ? Also have u checked if ur date is current..don't know how that works...I did CR1 and waited 1yr b4 i got a date, then i rescheduled

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Kimmy, congrats to you and Kashi on getting the GC!!! :dance::dancing:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.