Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::D :D :D

Airpak got it, keeping my fingers waaay crossed that they will get it in Mobay this afternoon. We already have a flight booked for tomorrow, get it there my Airpak friends get it there fast you bastards.

Yeah baby!

OMG! Congrats! :thumbs: She will be in your arms tomorrow, no worries! Good luck and have a happy and blessed reunion!

I will have Marlon in my arms on September 7, Thanks to Kelly the airline goddess! :dance:

OMG, Sarah, I am so happy for you and Marlon. You bring tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you. I wish you good luck on the rest of your journey and hope that you have a wonderful reunion next week. I look forward to sharing in your joy and happiness. :dance::dance::dance:

Luv,

Claire

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Airpak got it, keeping my fingers waaay crossed that they will get it in Mobay this afternoon. We already have a flight booked for tomorrow, get it there my Airpak friends get it there fast you bastards.

Yeah baby!

OMG! Congrats! :thumbs: She will be in your arms tomorrow, no worries! Good luck and have a happy and blessed reunion!

I will have Marlon in my arms on September 7, Thanks to Kelly the airline goddess! :dance:

You're quite welcome.....my pleasure :thumbs:

Timeline

Keep that in mind when you are naming your first-born.

Indeed! I love my Kellys! :luv:

Would it be okay for a boy's middle name?

Absolutely !!! My sons middle name is Kelley.... my initials are KAF and his are AKF .... then my travel agency name is A&K Travel.... he's the "a" and I'm the "k" :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

FRIDAY EMBASSY PHONE CALL EXPERIENCE !!! :girlwerewolf2xn: Ok i called back to back for an hour until i got thru. You dont wanna even know how many calls that equaled up to lol but i said hello i was calling to inquire if i have been granted an interview as yet she says well we do not take calls ANYMORE you are supposed to fax or email, then she paues and she says well how do u know your case is here i said NVC said it was sent and embassy said it was received. she says well how did they tell you it was received i said i received an email from the embassy and also a packet with info was said to be sent out she said well i do not think it would be yet i said again embassy told me it was so then she says whats ur fiance's name i told her then she yells accross the room at someone then she says well whats his middle name and i told her then she says no interview date yet so i then ask if his ds230 was there she said i dont think so so then she asks AGAIN whats his middle name!! so then she yells at someone again across the room and then says hold on and comes back and appears to be checking somewhere i heard no keys typin and checkin in a computer lol but she said yes, we have it so i say i have one more question, normally when is an interview granted after the ds230 is turned in she said i dont know , the computer generates this and she said it can be 1 month 2 month 3 month 4 month or 5 month oh boy this lady was on one. I say ok thank you for all of your help bye. lol :wacko:

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Yeah baby!

Well, she is on her way to go cop that thing now, SHE GOT IT!!! :dance:

Filed: Timeline

YAY! That is fabulous! I am soooooo happy for you guys! :dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs:

FRIDAY EMBASSY PHONE CALL EXPERIENCE !!! :girlwerewolf2xn: Ok i called back to back for an hour until i got thru. You dont wanna even know how many calls that equaled up to lol but i said hello i was calling to inquire if i have been granted an interview as yet she says well we do not take calls ANYMORE you are supposed to fax or email, then she paues and she says well how do u know your case is here i said NVC said it was sent and embassy said it was received. she says well how did they tell you it was received i said i received an email from the embassy and also a packet with info was said to be sent out she said well i do not think it would be yet i said again embassy told me it was so then she says whats ur fiance's name i told her then she yells accross the room at someone then she says well whats his middle name and i told her then she says no interview date yet so i then ask if his ds230 was there she said i dont think so so then she asks AGAIN whats his middle name!! so then she yells at someone again across the room and then says hold on and comes back and appears to be checking somewhere i heard no keys typin and checkin in a computer lol but she said yes, we have it so i say i have one more question, normally when is an interview granted after the ds230 is turned in she said i dont know , the computer generates this and she said it can be 1 month 2 month 3 month 4 month or 5 month oh boy this lady was on one. I say ok thank you for all of your help bye. lol :wacko:

YIKES! :blink: Sorry you had to go through that!

:thumbs:

Hey my good people, my VJ family, I want to say thanks to all of you, geez it has been a rough journey and I know the most challenging part is probably yet to come but at least I will be with my SO. I want to extend my most sincere appreciation for all the help and encouragement I got here, no way I could have done this without you all, and that is not cliche by any stretch of the imagination.

On behalf of Ven, I sincerely thank you all for everything. I met some of wonderful people here that I'm sure will be lifetime friends. Sometimes you never know where life is going to take you, I'm glad mine led me to the VJ board because of you all.

For all those at various stages of this process, I say hang on in there, time will pass faster than you can imagine and today you are one step closer to your dream, and may your hearts be comforted as you continue on your journey...don't despair, you will get there. Thanks again.

Filed: Timeline

Hey my good people, my VJ family, I want to say thanks to all of you, geez it has been a rough journey and I know the most challenging part is probably yet to come but at least I will be with my SO. I want to extend my most sincere appreciation for all the help and encouragement I got here, no way I could have done this without you all, and that is not cliche by any stretch of the imagination.

On behalf of Ven, I sincerely thank you all for everything. I met some of wonderful people here that I'm sure will be lifetime friends. Sometimes you never know where life is going to take you, I'm glad mine led me to the VJ board because of you all.

For all those at various stages of this process, I say hang on in there, time will pass faster than you can imagine and today you are one step closer to your dream, and may your hearts be comforted as you continue on your journey...don't despair, you will get there. Thanks again.

I am so glad that things worked out for you two! :thumbs: You better keep in touch! Please wish Ven a safe flight from Marlon and I! (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yeah baby!

Well, she is on her way to go cop that thing now, SHE GOT IT!!! :dance:

Congrats

:dance::dance:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
As for me, I am booking Marlon's ticket today for next week and then I need to do some serious housework! :wacko: So I won't be on much until after he gets here. Thanks to all of you for all of your support, advice, and well wishes! :luv:(L)(F)

I forgot to mention that I will be starting Grad school soon! :dance:

Congrats Sarah on both occassions... Marlons home coming and Grad school. You had a lot of things going on in your life during this process, but you made!! You weathered the storm :dance::thumbs::thumbs: enjoy your new life!!

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WOW Wayne;

That was really sweet. I love a man who can write and express themselves so eloquently. No wonder Ven fell in love with you. I can imagine the conversations you both have. It was a pleasure sharing in your wonderful journey even though I do not post very often. My journey is on hold right now but I wish you both the very best life has to offer. May your reunion be filled with lots of hugs and kisses and memories to last for a lifetime.

Your VJ sis

Claire

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You have me a lil teary eyed here i feel ur joy and everyone else who weathered this process and received their visas. I hope i get there! VERY soon....

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

I have clients that will never fly American and a couple that will *only* fly American. One bad experience traveling shouldn't make your choice not to fly them again. I had an absolutely horrible experience flying on US Airways....lost my sons luggage for over 24 hours while in Jamaica, but ....if the price is right :yes:

Their price would have to be about HALF of the other airlines for me to fly them again :yes:

I agree with you on the frequent flyer miles - they sure do make it hard to try and schedule those flights. That's why I was so upset when I had to delay/rebook my most recent JA trip due to the hurricane. I had a perfect flight booked using my miles. The flight there was even non-stop which is almost impossible to find from Detroit :(

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

I usually take US Airways with an layover in Charlotte, NC or AirJamaica. I haven't any had any major problems with either carriers although I love AirJamaica...only a 3 hour flight.

I LOVE non-stop flights. You save soooo much time that way and it's especially nice on the way back going through customs. I wish Air JA flew out of Detroit. Northwest is the only airline that sometimes has non-stop flights from Detroit to JA and even if they're more money, it's worth it to me :yes:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

FRIDAY EMBASSY PHONE CALL EXPERIENCE !!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

Some things never change.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.