Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Why do you need extra luggage, can it not fit in the two your carrying plus the carry-on? THe thing about carrying more luggages if you might pay twice. Once at the airport here for overage and another at the JA airport for gifts. I normally carry alot and just pay for overage (if I have to) but when I get to JA I say I have nothing for anyone.

That's my motto...the "nothing to declare" line is my friend.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Why do you need extra luggage, can it not fit in the two your carrying plus the carry-on? THe thing about carrying more luggages if you might pay twice. Once at the airport here for overage and another at the JA airport for gifts. I normally carry alot and just pay for overage (if I have to) but when I get to JA I say I have nothing for anyone.

That's my motto...the "nothing to declare" line is my friend.

Fi real..mi did have this one custom officer ask mi why mi a visit..mi seh to look for my hsuband..she say u brought nothing for him..I said no i didn't..she then says is that ur weddign ring...out a order..I shoulda tell her no just the ring u wish u had..dumb #######...:)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Fi real..mi did have this one custom officer ask mi why mi a visit..mi seh to look for my hsuband..she say u brought nothing for him..I said no i didn't..she then says is that ur weddign ring...out a order..I shoulda tell her no just the ring u wish u had..dumb #######...:)

:lol::lol: She too fas'.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

:lol::lol: She too fas'.

CHOOO...dem mek u waan trace dem all the time..cause dem go so beyond whats necessary

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

:ot:

Hi Ladies, I'm soooo upset right now. :angry: My daughter was suppose to come yesterday but the stupid ppl at KIN airport closed the flight so now she's coming home on Tuesday. Ordinally this wouldn't be a problem but now there charging me $75 for the change in flight. I cld Air JA reservation line and the lady told me there shouldn't be any other fees but of course it's out of jurisdiction. So I asked isn't this Air JA and she said yes but they don't cover the airports. So I asked her who does, the US :blink: Her dumb a** couldn't say nothing but pause. She evenutally gave me the # to the Airport and gave me 3 ext's for the supervisor but of course they were all invalid. I finally got thru the the rattid man asked me what I he to do....I swear I wanted to ugh.....so I asked for the supervisor and then was transferred back to a v/m. I "0" out and someone picked up but didn't say anything. You could hear the freaking ppl in the back ground!!!!!!!!!!! I cld back to back and all morning BUT still no answer. Me and Javon even got into b/c he don't seem to understand why I'm so mad. First off she' coming back late as h*ll on Tuesday and w/Air JA reputation most likely they won't get here until midnight AND she starts school on Wed. Not only that another $75 for sh*t. Man, don't get me started!!!!!!!!!

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Timeline
Hey all.....

My waters broke 4am Friday morning, had an emergency C-section at 9am!!

My son was 10lbs 2oz, even though he was 4 weeks early!!!

He's still having a few issues, he had some fluid on his lungs so he's still in the NICU, hopefully comes home before the weekend.

I was discharged today, was the hardest thing ever to leave him there, but I know he's in the best of hands...Can't wait to bring him home :(

congrats wow what a big guy u have there

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline

Hi Ladies, I'm soooo upset right now. :angry: My daughter was suppose to come yesterday but the stupid ppl at KIN airport closed the flight so now she's coming home on Tuesday. Ordinally this wouldn't be a problem but now there charging me $75 for the change in flight. I cld Air JA reservation line and the lady told me there shouldn't be any other fees but of course it's out of jurisdiction. So I asked isn't this Air JA and she said yes but they don't cover the airports. So I asked her who does, the US :blink: Her dumb a** couldn't say nothing but pause. She evenutally gave me the # to the Airport and gave me 3 ext's for the supervisor but of course they were all invalid. I finally got thru the the rattid man asked me what I he to do....I swear I wanted to ugh.....so I asked for the supervisor and then was transferred back to a v/m. I "0" out and someone picked up but didn't say anything. You could hear the freaking ppl in the back ground!!!!!!!!!!! I cld back to back and all morning BUT still no answer. Me and Javon even got into b/c he don't seem to understand why I'm so mad. First off she' coming back late as h*ll on Tuesday and w/Air JA reputation most likely they won't get here until midnight AND she starts school on Wed. Not only that another $75 for sh*t. Man, don't get me started!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry that you are going through this Anna. Air JA has a tendency to close the flight and not say a word to you. They did that to me when I was getting married. Had the first flight out 2 days before my wedding. They closed the flight and didn't say a thing to anybody; I was at the airport til the next day. Someone gave up their seat for me on the last flight out the night after and my luggage didn't come for 2 days. My maid of honor never made it until after I was married. I was so mad and swore never to fly them again...

There is no customer service, so my dear, it may be futile. It seems pretty crazy that a supervisor at the call center is unable to override the charges. They should have the same authority as the supervisors at Norman Manley.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey all.....

He's still having a few issues, he had some fluid on his lungs so he's still in the NICU, hopefully comes home before the weekend.

I was discharged today, was the hardest thing ever to leave him there, but I know he's in the best of hands...Can't wait to bring him home :(

awwwww....congrats on your baby boy!!! Don't worry he will be home soon.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that. Don't stop until you get someone on the phone because that is truly unfair! I'm just praying that she gets home safe and early enough to get settled for school the next day.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline

I am so sorry that you are going through this Anna. Air JA has a tendency to close the flight and not say a word to you. They did that to me when I was getting married. Had the first flight out 2 days before my wedding. They closed the flight and didn't say a thing to anybody; I was at the airport til the next day. Someone gave up their seat for me on the last flight out the night after and my luggage didn't come for 2 days. My maid of honor never made it until after I was married. I was so mad and swore never to fly them again...

There is no customer service, so my dear, it may be futile. It seems pretty crazy that a supervisor at the call center is unable to override the charges. They should have the same authority as the supervisors at Norman Manley.

Right! Javon is telling me to drop it but I'm still upset. How are you going to charge me for something that is out of my control??? I went off on him this morning b/c of his "dunca" attitude but I quickly cld and him back to apologize. I know he means no harm but it's the freaking principal man!!! I also didn't want to stress him too much b/c today is his birthday.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Right! Javon is telling me to drop it but I'm still upset. How are you going to charge me for something that is out of my control??? I went off on him this morning b/c of his "dunca" attitude but I quickly cld and him back to apologize. I know he means no harm but it's the freaking principal man!!! I also didn't want to stress him too much b/c today is his birthday.

Since it's his birthday, cut him some slack, but don't let Air J get away with that. I have told them in the past, that they don't know how to treat those who fly on the airline due to national pride; the ones who keep them afloat. They need to give better customer service. Even their attitude at the ticket counter is much to be desired most times. The last time I flew home, on my return flight, it was delayed by almost 3 hours. I asked the young lady at the counter why they didn't contact passengers and she had a complete don't care attitude! :angry:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey all.....

aaww!!!! what is the likkle man's name??? he sounds to be a big strong healthy boy...congratz!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey all.....

Congrats :luv:

Timeline

I'm confused....what do you mean "closed the flight" ?? You PAID for your unaccompanied minor to fly...if THEY "closed the flight", than you would NOT have to pay any additional fees. Now if she got to the airport "late" and they closed the flight, that's a different story....and why are they making her come home next Tuesday ?? Am I reading this right, that they are making her come home a week later?? There's space available up through next Monday !!!

I'm going to email my Air Jamaica Rep and ask about this scenario.

DEMAND to speak to a supervisor through Air Jamaica directly...if that doesn't work and you can get to the airport, go to the ticket counter and DEMAND to speak with a supervisor.

Something just does not sound right....

Timeline

Since it's his birthday, cut him some slack, but don't let Air J get away with that. I have told them in the past, that they don't know how to treat those who fly on the airline due to national pride; the ones who keep them afloat. They need to give better customer service. Even their attitude at the ticket counter is much to be desired most times. The last time I flew home, on my return flight, it was delayed by almost 3 hours. I asked the young lady at the counter why they didn't contact passengers and she had a complete don't care attitude! :angry:

There is only ONE airline out there that knows how to treat their customers the "right way"......Southwest!! American, Air Jamaica, Delta, United, US Airways, America West and Continental ALLLLL suck !!!! I'm a former airline employee (of America West and Southwest) and sooooooooooo much has changed in the past 17 yrs with lack of customer service (actually customer service in ALL jobs nowadays) it STINKS !!! That's why I've been doing a HUGE amount of airline tickets this summer because my clients just do NOT want to deal directly with any airline, that becomes MY job !!! I HATE it, but being in the industry for a very long time, I have contacts and I never speak with a plain old reservation agent ....I got right to the supervisor !!!

Hey all.....

Congrats :luv:

CONGRATS and I hope he comes home soon !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.