Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: I had to share this with you all. This is from this morning's Jamaica Observer: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/2...ICANE_DEAN_.asp

Holy shiznet! :o

I know. He is so lucky!!! An angel must have been right there with him :innocent:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: I had to share this with you all. This is from this morning's Jamaica Observer: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/2...ICANE_DEAN_.asp

Holy shiznet! :o

I know. He is so lucky!!! An angel must have been right there with him :innocent:

u SEE IT, him way Blessed !

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

:ot:

Just wanted to share, I cannot believe my little munchin is going to be 2 yrs in a week..WOW ! it goes so fast.

Yesterday we were having dinner and she said to her father " excuse me take up ur cup" he had his cup on her chair :) when he took it up she said "thank you", he said u know things like this make me forget she's not even 2 yet :) i laughed cause she will hold a conversation as if she's 4..u gotta love them..

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Just wanted to share, I cannot believe my little munchin is going to be 2 yrs in a week..WOW ! it goes so fast.

Yesterday we were having dinner and she said to her father " excuse me take up ur cup" he had his cup on her chair :) when he took it up she said "thank you", he said u know things like this make me forget she's not even 2 yet :) i laughed cause she will hold a conversation as if she's 4..u gotta love them..

aawww, that is too cute. They grow up so fast, don't they.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

aawww, that is too cute. They grow up so fast, don't they.

Girl, fast ain't the word..pickney nah stay a ground no more

Timeline
KimmyKashi...........That's okay...no hard feelings :no::no:

I was just taking a look at the new immigration fees (I know I'm a little late) but man! I told him that we are going to need some time before he comes up. He might have to wait like 4 months or so. They are high!! That is a sure way to discourage people from filing or at least fake filing. Thats crazy.

What kinds of jobs have you all encourage your SO to go for once they come over on a K-1 or any visa for that matter? I have been looking in his field (certified plumber) here in Philadelphia but i'm not sure he will be able to jump right into that. He might have to go back to school for recertifications from here and all types of things. How long does it usually take for them to get a job when they first come over? Sorry if you are sick of answering these questions but i'm very very concerned!

Shonnie ask away I think we should talk more on this subject b/c some ppl don't seem to realize reality sets into place once their SO arrives. I also have been thinking about the same thing and I think it just depends on your SO and what kind of training his has. For me I have a friend who is a recruiter at a local temp agency and hire ppl for a local co doing packing for 3rd shift. It's not the greatest job but it's a paycheck nonetheless. Javon wouldn't have it any other way. I'm thinking of maybe that and attending classes to get his GED. He eventually would love to go back to school and get certified in either carpentry or something else.

Yea, that sounds like a good idea. I was thinking GED classes for him as well but he has a high school diploma from JA and completed his trade there also. The only thing is, are those qualifications comparable to the requirements needed here? I would hate for him to have to do it all over again but then in a sense it might be better to do so. I told him last night to request his transcripts from his high school so that I may ask around before he gets here. All of his work and school experience is from JA. I know that my cousin came up from JA about 6-8 months ago and she is working as a supervisor at a nursing home. Get this, she came up on a K-1 and did not get married. Long story short: It was an arranged marriage and the guy decided he didn't want to go through with it after she came up. Everyone is trying to figure out he she still is here...lol. But the morale is that she is working receiving a pay check and all and I know for sure she did not go to school here. So, I am assuming that their education back home is good enough. Have you heard anything about this?

Yes it is. My brother-in-law came up and started working w/o any add'l schooling. It took him a while to find a job b/c he didn't have any US work exp but he got hired permanently thru a temp assignment. It just depends on your SO and how well he is experienced. Javon also have a high school diploma from JA but I still want him to get his GED.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Shonnie looking at ur time line i know u are getting happy i will be glad when i get that far in my jounery

I know!!! I am so happy. Time flies when you're having fun. I have been down to JA 4 times in the last year therefore, time was just flying by us. But I am really happy about all my decisions and just glad that we were put together.

It took me awhile to figure out how everyone had a time line because I was updating my time line and it wasn't displaying but then I discovered the updating of the signature and put 2+2 together. :wacko::wacko: duhhhhh

how i wish i could go down there that often with trying to move i will only be able to take 1 trip back soon

:crying:

I know. Its really expensive and now I am trying to buy a house so thats why I wasn't going to go to the interview but I just feel like I have to be there with him. I would plan the trips over holidays

i do understand about it being so expensive but i also plan on going for the interview

Very expensive. I'm trying to go for the interview, but my pockets are saying no way :blush: Hopefully, I can pull some strings b/c I really NEED to go!!

I'm so glad today is Friday b/c I am soooo ready to come home. Any plans this weekend? I'm having a party on tomorrow. A cousin of mines booked a couple strippers!! Saying I need a little fun in my life w/o worrying myself over this immigration stuff :innocent:

Its a girls day tomorrow so if the weather is ok we are headed to navy pier then hit a club downtown and back to work sunday :crying: have fun at the party

I never knew you were Chicago. Mavado is going to be here on 9/15 @ the Taste on 63rd & Lowe.

Nyseness - I was thinking of going to this show too. I've been to the Taste a few times and never had a problem except the last time I went these females got to scrappin real bad and then this dude licked this girl so bad...it wasn't cute at all. Mavado is the boss but his lyrics might have people bussin some shots in there for real...

I don't care for the Taste either but it's mostly b/c of the area. I've been going to that place for years (used to go there weekly for Reggae night on Friday's). Maybe it's just me but I have been to plenty of parties and see girls fighting. I used to go out every weekend to different sound clashes and if that was ok, then Movado will be fine. Now since I'm a married woman I choose not to hang out in those parts BUT I do love to party. Fire Links is coming soon too.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
Shonnie looking at ur time line i know u are getting happy i will be glad when i get that far in my jounery

I know!!! I am so happy. Time flies when you're having fun. I have been down to JA 4 times in the last year therefore, time was just flying by us. But I am really happy about all my decisions and just glad that we were put together.

It took me awhile to figure out how everyone had a time line because I was updating my time line and it wasn't displaying but then I discovered the updating of the signature and put 2+2 together. :wacko::wacko: duhhhhh

how i wish i could go down there that often with trying to move i will only be able to take 1 trip back soon

:crying:

I know. Its really expensive and now I am trying to buy a house so thats why I wasn't going to go to the interview but I just feel like I have to be there with him. I would plan the trips over holidays

i do understand about it being so expensive but i also plan on going for the interview

Very expensive. I'm trying to go for the interview, but my pockets are saying no way :blush: Hopefully, I can pull some strings b/c I really NEED to go!!

I'm so glad today is Friday b/c I am soooo ready to come home. Any plans this weekend? I'm having a party on tomorrow. A cousin of mines booked a couple strippers!! Saying I need a little fun in my life w/o worrying myself over this immigration stuff :innocent:

Its a girls day tomorrow so if the weather is ok we are headed to navy pier then hit a club downtown and back to work sunday :crying: have fun at the party

I never knew you were Chicago. Mavado is going to be here on 9/15 @ the Taste on 63rd & Lowe.

Nyseness - I was thinking of going to this show too. I've been to the Taste a few times and never had a problem except the last time I went these females got to scrappin real bad and then this dude licked this girl so bad...it wasn't cute at all. Mavado is the boss but his lyrics might have people bussin some shots in there for real...

I don't care for the Taste either but it's mostly b/c of the area. I've been going to that place for years (used to go there weekly for Reggae night on Friday's). Maybe it's just me but I have been to plenty of parties and see girls fighting. I used to go out every weekend to different sound clashes and if that was ok, then Movado will be fine. Now since I'm a married woman I choose not to hang out in those parts BUT I do love to party. Fire Links is coming soon too.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
What is everyones thoughts on having your SO working before he gets the employment authorization....i mean doing some under the table straight cash kind of work? Do you think doing that would affect anything down the road....considering it is illegal (I think?????)?

I don't see anything wrong it ppl do it all the time. If you need to work then so be it. I have a cousin who used to come up and work for months at a local JA'n resturant as a cook. He will leave a couple times during the year just to renew his visa.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Hey all.....

My waters broke 4am Friday morning, had an emergency C-section at 9am!!

My son was 10lbs 2oz, even though he was 4 weeks early!!!

He's still having a few issues, he had some fluid on his lungs so he's still in the NICU, hopefully comes home before the weekend.

I was discharged today, was the hardest thing ever to leave him there, but I know he's in the best of hands...Can't wait to bring him home :(

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Hey all.....

He's still having a few issues, he had some fluid on his lungs so he's still in the NICU, hopefully comes home before the weekend.

I was discharged today, was the hardest thing ever to leave him there, but I know he's in the best of hands...Can't wait to bring him home :(

Congrats on your baby boy :dance::dance: . I am sure he will be fine and you will have him home before you know it. I'll be praying for you!

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
Hey everyone I need pointers on how to take as much stuff as I can with me to JA? I plan on paying extra for extra luggage, is this a good idea? Everyone needs everything and while I don't feel obligated to get everything, everyone is asking for something. :wacko: They all seem to be actual needs and I don't mnd, but I can't pay out the A$$ to get it in the country.

thanks Dee

Why do you need extra luggage, can it not fit in the two your carrying plus the carry-on? THe thing about carrying more luggages if you might pay twice. Once at the airport here for overage and another at the JA airport for gifts. I normally carry alot and just pay for overage (if I have to) but when I get to JA I say I have nothing for anyone.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
Hey all.....

So happy for you guys, baby will do fine, I know it's the hardest thing to leave ur pumkin at a hospital but it's for a the greater good...he is a hand full :), 10lbs plus :).. I bet he's soooo cute..any names yet ? How r u doing ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.