Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

have a feeling the visa's are going to take a likkle bit to get....who you need to call is not airpak....but the embassy....airpak has NOTHING to do with the process of the visa...they are just the go between...i will fill you in on a likkle secret that airpak told me...the embassy delivers ONE time a day...in the morning....so even though the visa MAY have been processed that day...airpak will only get it the following morning...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We got our interview date for AOS on Oct 18th :dance::dance:

COME ON GREEN CARD :pop:

:dance: :dance: good for you...you will be done in no time!!!!!

i'm still stuck in cali :angry:

Nanny I see your case has been in Cali for almost 5 months. I wonder what the hold up is?? I hope you guys get an interview soon.

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

KimmyKashi...........That's okay...no hard feelings :no::no:

I was just taking a look at the new immigration fees (I know I'm a little late) but man! I told him that we are going to need some time before he comes up. He might have to wait like 4 months or so. They are high!! That is a sure way to discourage people from filing or at least fake filing. Thats crazy.

What kinds of jobs have you all encourage your SO to go for once they come over on a K-1 or any visa for that matter? I have been looking in his field (certified plumber) here in Philadelphia but i'm not sure he will be able to jump right into that. He might have to go back to school for recertifications from here and all types of things. How long does it usually take for them to get a job when they first come over? Sorry if you are sick of answering these questions but i'm very very concerned!

Edited by 12/11/2006

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline

Nanny I see your case has been in Cali for almost 5 months. I wonder what the hold up is?? I hope you guys get an interview soon.

well we were transfred to call early may...and late june we got a update that they had it and would start the process w/ out a interview....i would almost take a interview just to get this over with..

I was just taking a look at the new immigration fees (I know I'm a little late) but man! I told him that we are going to need some time before he comes up. He might have to wait like 4 months or so. They are high!! That is a sure way to discourage people from filing or at least fake filing. Thats crazy.

What kinds of jobs have you all encourage your SO to go for once they come over on a K-1 or any visa for that matter? I have been looking in his field (certified plumber) here in Philadelphia but i'm not sure he will be able to jump right into that. He might have to go back to school for recertifications from here and all types of things. How long does it usually take for them to get a job when they first come over? Sorry if you are sick of answering these questions but i'm very very concerned!

well it took mike about 8 months to get a job....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well we were transfred to call early may...and late june we got a update that they had it and would start the process w/ out a interview....i would almost take a interview just to get this over with..

No :o R U kidding me? Why so long?

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline

yup.....he got here in november....we filled in march....he got his ead in late may....just got his job 2 weeks ago....

Good question, Shonnie.

Timeline

I don't blame you, I would too.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Craig was willing to take any type of job. I sent an email out to friends and associates that "may be hiring". He 1st went to work for a friend of mine who is the President of a college here in the area, painting classrooms (last summer). She paid him "cash". Every week we get a like a county newspaper and he would look through it, highlight jobs that he was interested in and then we would sit down and go over them together to see if they were in the area, the transportation, hours, qualifications, etc. He highlighted a warehouse job that an old friend of mine is a Natl Sales Rep, so I contacted him and he offered him the job. He worked there for 3 months and gained loads of experience, then the warehouse closed down and moved to Texas. Than I went online looked at temp agencies for warehouse, laborers, painters in the area. Printed out information and Craig would call and set up appointments for interviews, etc. Right now, he's listed with 3 temp agencies in our area.

He really wants to get into air conditioning/heating type of a job, but that requires years of experience. If and when he gets his GC, he wants to go to a Tech school in the area to be able to get qualified and experience to go into that field.

Hope that helps.

Timeline

If you SO flies into JFK, they only give the work authorization stamp that is good for 90 days. If he doesn't come through JFK, than you have to wait until after you file for AOS and with how busy they are now..... they haven't even cashed my check that they received on Aug 1st !

So, that just really depends on how "busy" and/or "fast" the process for AOS is at the time.

If you have any "connections", friends, family and/or associates that would be willing to let him work ....painting, shoveling, gardening, plumbing "on the side" ?? ....than go that route. Craig got an EAD card here in MD because a client of mine works for immigration.

Timeline

yup.....he got here in november....we filled in march....he got his ead in late may....just got his job 2 weeks ago....

This is why I did the CR1 in only took 1 1/2 months.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline
Have you all ever called to see if your DS230 was received by the embassy if u mailed it in? Did they give u any response as to if it was received. I just call embassy lady refused to check for me :( told me the person workin the case may not have entered it in the system so i have no way of knowing if its received or not :( she said call back in two weeks !! what!! she didnt look up nothin i asked her can she check she refuse

Ja Love,

I sent my husband's DS-230 via FedEx (Atlanta to Kingston). Although a representative signed for it the next day, the form was not entered in the system until 2 weeks later. At first, I thought that the form had been lost. Hold tight- this process will cause hypertension if you let it.

Mrs. Scott

Timeline

Andre came in June of 2006. He finally got offered a full-time job at the end of January 2007. It was rough for a while there.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Andre came in June of 2006. He finally got offered a full-time job at the end of January 2007. It was rough for a while there.

Hello VJ family. He came in November 2004 but didn't work until May 2005...6 months. It was rough but it more important for us to be together. Our visa approval only took 2 months. The long distance was wearing us out emotionally and financially. During the first 6 months here Damien earned money doing odd jobs for friends and family. He also learned how to write his resume, interview techniques and job search.

Damien got his EAD on a Thursday, an interview on a Friday and started working the next Monday. He worked a freezer of a restaurant warehouse for 1.5 years making very little money but it gave him lots of experience - customer service, stocking and inventory but most importantly he got certified in every machine in the warehouse - 3 types of forklifts, pallet jack, etc. These skills helped him get a great job working for Deer Park...paying more than twice as much money with great benefits. He is a much happier person.

The only thing we would have done differently was to get his driver license much sooner....required in most jobs he appied for. Now he wants to get his CDL license so he can drive trucks. He's also going back to school soon.

Hope this helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.