10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Off Topic:

For those that will be applying for a passport soon. I sent in my daughter's application the end of June and we recv'd it this morning via Priority Mail thru USPS. It took about 2 months total.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Shonnie looking at ur time line i know u are getting happy i will be glad when i get that far in my jounery

I know!!! I am so happy. Time flies when you're having fun. I have been down to JA 4 times in the last year therefore, time was just flying by us. But I am really happy about all my decisions and just glad that we were put together.

It took me awhile to figure out how everyone had a time line because I was updating my time line and it wasn't displaying but then I discovered the updating of the signature and put 2+2 together. :wacko::wacko: duhhhhh

how i wish i could go down there that often with trying to move i will only be able to take 1 trip back soon

I know. Its really expensive and now I am trying to buy a house so thats why I wasn't going to go to the interview but I just feel like I have to be there with him. I would plan the trips over holidays

i do understand about it being so expensive but i also plan on going for the interview

Very expensive. I'm trying to go for the interview, but my pockets are saying no way :blush: Hopefully, I can pull some strings b/c I really NEED to go!!

I'm so glad today is Friday b/c I am soooo ready to come home. Any plans this weekend? I'm having a party on tomorrow. A cousin of mines booked a couple strippers!! Saying I need a little fun in my life w/o worrying myself over this immigration stuff :innocent:

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jay, anything about Donna's visa yet ?

Donna has not received a call form AirPak. She called them eariler this week. They told her to check back on Tuesday. She will be calling me as soon as she finds out something. I'll let you know.

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Filed: Timeline
Shonnie looking at ur time line i know u are getting happy i will be glad when i get that far in my jounery

I know!!! I am so happy. Time flies when you're having fun. I have been down to JA 4 times in the last year therefore, time was just flying by us. But I am really happy about all my decisions and just glad that we were put together.

It took me awhile to figure out how everyone had a time line because I was updating my time line and it wasn't displaying but then I discovered the updating of the signature and put 2+2 together. :wacko::wacko: duhhhhh

how i wish i could go down there that often with trying to move i will only be able to take 1 trip back soon

:crying:

I know. Its really expensive and now I am trying to buy a house so thats why I wasn't going to go to the interview but I just feel like I have to be there with him. I would plan the trips over holidays

i do understand about it being so expensive but i also plan on going for the interview

Very expensive. I'm trying to go for the interview, but my pockets are saying no way :blush: Hopefully, I can pull some strings b/c I really NEED to go!!

I'm so glad today is Friday b/c I am soooo ready to come home. Any plans this weekend? I'm having a party on tomorrow. A cousin of mines booked a couple strippers!! Saying I need a little fun in my life w/o worrying myself over this immigration stuff :innocent:

Its a girls day tomorrow so if the weather is ok we are headed to navy pier then hit a club downtown and back to work sunday :crying: have fun at the party

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Have you all ever called to see if your DS230 was received by the embassy if u mailed it in? Did they give u any response as to if it was received. I just call embassy lady refused to check for me :( told me the person workin the case may not have entered it in the system so i have no way of knowing if its received or not :( she said call back in two weeks !! what!! she didnt look up nothin i asked her can she check she refuse

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

Its a girls day tomorrow so if the weather is ok we are headed to navy pier then hit a club downtown and back to work sunday :crying: have fun at the party

I never knew you were Chicago. Mavado is going to be here on 9/15 @ the Taste on 63rd & Lowe.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

I never knew you were Chicago. Mavado is going to be here on 9/15 @ the Taste on 63rd & Lowe.

yup i live palatine but girl i dont like the taste last i set foot in that place that got to fighting then shooting so no taste for me where u live

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
yup i live palatine but girl i dont like the taste last i set foot in that place that got to fighting then shooting so no taste for me where u live

I know what you mean I don't like that place either but the ppl that's bringing Mavado told me they couldn't find any other place that's open that late. I normally wouldn't go but for Mavado...I will just have to make an exception :whistle:

I live in Skokie

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

I know what you mean I don't like that place either but the ppl that's bringing Mavado told me they couldn't find any other place that's open that late. I normally wouldn't go but for Mavado...I will just have to make an exception :whistle:

I live in Skokie

well u party for me girl skokie is not that far from me

Timeline

I live in Skokie

No it's not far. Maybe you we can hook up one day. I work in Deerfield.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

I live in Skokie

No it's not far. Maybe you we can hook up one day. I work in Deerfield.

sound like a plan i will hit with a message and leave u my number ok

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Have you all ever called to see if your DS230 was received by the embassy if u mailed it in? Did they give u any response as to if it was received. I just call embassy lady refused to check for me :( told me the person workin the case may not have entered it in the system so i have no way of knowing if its received or not :( she said call back in two weeks !! what!! she didnt look up nothin i asked her can she check she refuse

Try again Monday. There is a lady at the embassy who is a little rude. She does not answer every time so try calling back. Also when you mail in your DS230, it will sit in their mailroom for a while. Donna's did and she sent it in by courier (DHL).

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Try again Monday. There is a lady at the embassy who is a little rude. She does not answer every time so try calling back. Also when you mail in your DS230, it will sit in their mailroom for a while. Donna's did and she sent it in by courier (DHL).

Don't waste your time calling on Monday, even though there will be no elections, the embassy will be closed :angry:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.