Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

I FORCED Roy to call his sister last night.....these Jamaicans....I sure wish I could be as calm as they are. Hopefully we are worrying for no reason..... :innocent:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok everyone i talked to does not seem to be worried at all !! ok why are we so worried and they are not alot of people havent even heard abt the storm i guess if ur not watchin tv u wont know i really dont even recall ever seeing news on tv down there have you? and i guess with us here watchin the videos and news we see how bad it really is. ive been tellin them please take shelter and get your mom out of the country but i dont noone is really listenin ! im just so worried about everyone i know one of my friends houses flooded during a bad rain fall a few months ago so imagine what this would do to them this time that person said well ill see what happens when the hurricane gets here

You aren't the only one with this happening....I just got off the phone with Kevin and asked him if he is ready for the "storm" and his reply was, It's not supposed to be here until Monday i think????...I was like WHAT??? So then I started running down all the info and we was in SHOCK. I reminded him of IVAN and told him about how this is supposed to be worse. THANK GOD he beleived me because we all know Jamaican Men sometime think they know everything. SO, he is now on his way to the store to get water, macrel in a tin, candles... I also learned from another site that after Ivan although they couldn't make calls out on the cell phones they were able to text so make sure you tell all of your loved ones to use that route if they can't make calls.

only issue with that is if the cell site is OOS no text either it still has to hit the tower to process :( and as we know in ja the cell towers are few and far between especially in the hills i have never even seen a tower lol they must be camouflauged

ok everyone i talked to does not seem to be worried at all !! ok why are we so worried and they are not alot of people havent even heard abt the storm i guess if ur not watchin tv u wont know i really dont even recall ever seeing news on tv down there have you? and i guess with us here watchin the videos and news we see how bad it really is. ive been tellin them please take shelter and get your mom out of the country but i dont noone is really listenin ! im just so worried about everyone i know one of my friends houses flooded during a bad rain fall a few months ago so imagine what this would do to them this time that person said well ill see what happens when the hurricane gets here

You aren't the only one with this happening....I just got off the phone with Kevin and asked him if he is ready for the "storm" and his reply was, It's not supposed to be here until Monday i think????...I was like WHAT??? So then I started running down all the info and we was in SHOCK. I reminded him of IVAN and told him about how this is supposed to be worse. THANK GOD he beleived me because we all know Jamaican Men sometime think they know everything. SO, he is now on his way to the store to get water, macrel in a tin, candles... I also learned from another site that after Ivan although they couldn't make calls out on the cell phones they were able to text so make sure you tell all of your loved ones to use that route if they can't make calls.

only issue with that is if the cell site is OOS no text either it still has to hit the tower to process :( and as we know in ja the cell towers are few and far between especially in the hills i have never even seen a tower lol they must be camouflauged

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

if on their page, go to their profile picture on the left look directly under it it says options and save as friend will be there or if your in the thread where u read everyones messages, click on that persons name to the left and it will give those same options there as well

Thank you .....preciate it ! :thumbs:

I remember the AFTERNOON before Gilbert hit, we as kids were out playing on the street.....For whatever reason, hurricanes are often downplayed....If I remember correctly, before Ivan a lot of fishermen on Pedro Keys refused to come back to the mainland, they were in denial about it hitting. During the storm, they were making desperate phone calls for the JDF to come rescue them....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm officially scared out of my mind :crying:

dean.gif

avn.jpg

at200704_5day.gif

Edited by Empress

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Timeline
I remember the AFTERNOON before Gilbert hit, we as kids were out playing on the street.....For whatever reason, hurricanes are often downplayed....If I remember correctly, before Ivan a lot of fishermen on Pedro Keys refused to come back to the mainland, they were in denial about it hitting. During the storm, they were making desperate phone calls for the JDF to come rescue them....

NOPE no word from KK :( i hope she comes back today

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline
They are calm there anymore, now I can say officially that I hear panic. Maybe because the warning has been issued.

I spoke to my husband and he refuses to look at the news! :wacko: I've stressed how dangerous this storm can be so he is making minor preparations but he has no worries. Im praying that all of our loved ones are safe.

Timeline
They are calm there anymore, now I can say officially that I hear panic. Maybe because the warning has been issued.

I spoke to my husband and he refuses to look at the news! :wacko: I've stressed how dangerous this storm can be so he is making minor preparations but he has no worries. Im praying that all of our loved ones are safe.

I just talked to chris he still dont seem to enthused or worried abt the storm i said do u all have food he say um i dont see any i guess not! i say ok are u gonna go get some! can food and a flashlight and candles he say maybe im just gonna get some snacks....!!! what !! SNACKS OH MAN no care in the world

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

I just talked to chris he still dont seem to enthused or worried abt the storm i said do u all have food he say um i dont see any i guess not! i say ok are u gonna go get some! can food and a flashlight and candles he say maybe im just gonna get some snacks....!!! what !! SNACKS OH MAN no care in the world

My husband just called me from the store and says it rampacked with people. I think thats making him take this alittle more seriously. So I'm hoping anyway :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband went to the supermarket last night to stock up on the supplies. Though a lot of Jamaicans may be coming off nonchalant, they are making preparations. The supermarket was so packed, he didn't reach home for a couple of hours. My dad was in the supermarket this morning and he has been preparing for the storm for a few days now.

I called my grandparents, who my dad is worried about, and they are like, "nuttin nah go happen. We not worried yu nuh. Lawd, stop worry bout wi, wi fine". :lol::lol:

We are going to continue to pray and know that God has it all in control. Nothing more any of us can do, but pray knowing their lives are in God's hands.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Neil called his mother and some other family members yesturday and this morning.. They too seem not to be worried :o We keep thelling them what the reports are and they've all given us the same response.. Nuh worry yuh self. I'm off the send some money too his mother now so she can go get somethings from the store. I am praying that theis hurricane changes paths and QUICK!!

I had planned to be in JA this week also to attend Mocha Marlita's wedding. But things didn't pan out for me... You know they say things happen for a reason.... Another prayer for her and the groom that their wedding goes as planned :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks JA TAM. They should be able to reschedule the medical appointment given the circumstance. It seems like we are more worried than they are. All he keeps telling me don't worry (at the same time he is on the roof banging down the top)....so you know that got me worried. I just hope that it doesn't occur as bad.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline

My husband went to the supermarket last night to stock up on the supplies. Though a lot of Jamaicans may be coming off nonchalant, they are making preparations. The supermarket was so packed, he didn't reach home for a couple of hours. My dad was in the supermarket this morning and he has been preparing for the storm for a few days now.

I called my grandparents, who my dad is worried about, and they are like, "nuttin nah go happen. We not worried yu nuh. Lawd, stop worry bout wi, wi fine". :lol::lol:

We are going to continue to pray and know that God has it all in control. Nothing more any of us can do, but pray knowing their lives are in God's hands.

I just sent money too hes finally gotten the picture that this storm could cause major drama so they are now boarding up the windows and preparing getting gas, and food thank goodness i feel a bit better.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.