Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I WILL BE GLAD WHEN I GET SOMETHING

Hang in there MSNELLY... Your time soon come :yes:

I WILL BE SO HAPPY

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malawi
Timeline
Who mails out the interview letter NVC or Kingston Embassy?

JALOVE

Tamieka and I are getting IR1/CR1 visas so the NVC will mail the USC a packet and sent the same info to our spouses in Jamaica.

When I first joined; I would see info for K-1 process and just assume the same rules would apply for me. Starting Jun 2007, Applicant with spouses in Jamaica applying for the IR1/CR1 visa had to send more info, marriage, birth and police certificates before the NVC would complete the case. Once the case is completed the packet stays at the NVC until an interview date is given. The NVC starts scheduling appointments for a month out, the 2nd week of each month. For example interviews for September was being scheduled 2nd week in August. NVC finished scheduling fro Sep 07 today Aug 16. Scheduling was completed for Aug 07 on Jul 20.

I was one of the 1st one on VJ to go thru this proccess. It took two long months before I got an interiew. My case was completed June 25 and I got my interview date today for Sep 27.

So for all future VJs applying for IR1/CR1 visas I really hope this info helps you out. Looking back I know there was nothing I could do when my case was completed but I really was clueless what to expect. So I called the NVC about 50+ times too many now knowing nothing really happen until end of the 3rd week. Post several topics and spent so many hours really any ifo I could find on VJ.

Lesson learn...

When your case is completed and forward to the NVC starting gather the all original documents needed so they can be mail in with the DS-230

After your case is completed.. starting calling the NVC the middle of the 3rd week of the month.

NVC announce all interview dates at the same time(end of the 3rd week each month) so calling the the rest of the month buy you nothing but frustration.

Wishes all VJ waiting now; a speedy process. I will post my interview experience when I am back in the US on Oct 1. I will however still be logging while I wait for my interview date. So if any one have any additional question about what I have experience up to now PM me.

Jence

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:dance::dance: I had to share this with my VJ Yardie family. Finally got our interview date: September 21st @ 1:30 p.m. :dancing::dancing:

Congrats Tam. Wish you all the best at the interview.

Your VJ sis

Claire

Tamieka again congrats! I am so happy for you.

To my VJ family....I too got an interview date for Sep 27, 2007 @ 12:45 pm. :dance::dance: I got so must info from this forum. You guys are wonderful. Thanks so much for all the support and info!

Jenice

Wow! Jenice you are on a roll. Wish you much luck and joy for the rest of your journey.

Much luv

Your VJ sis Claire

To all my VJ family who haved achieved success on their SO's interview and for those who have upcoming interview dates, I wish you all the best that life has to offer and that the rest of your journey be smooth and filled with joy. Patience is a virtue and you have all shown much patience during the process you have gone through. Always remember that GOD never gives us more than we can bear. The struggles that you all have endured is now paying off and when you are reunited with your loved ones, you will look back at the journey and wonder how it was that you endured to the end. We will all look back and laugh at how frizzled we were when we couldn't get an answer from the USCIS or NVC; how disappointed we were when we checked case status and nothing changed. Now te trial is coming to an end and we will have that everlasting smile on our faces. Happy that this stage of the journey is over and our new lives are really starting. Remember that life is a compromise and that every relationship requires a lot of very hard work. Nothing beats a trial but a failure and we should all give it our very best at all times.

Good Luck all. Sorry for the long rant, but I am filled with joy for you all. :whistle::whistle:

Much luv

Claire

Much Luv

Your VJ sis Claire

Nothing beats a trial but a failure and we should all give it our very best at all times...........Well said!

Congrats to the new interviews...lets crush em during the interviews! :dance::dance:

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

:ot: So Dean is now officially a Cat 1 hurricane (almost Cat 2) and current path takes it right over JA. They are now predicting it could get up to Cat 4 by Tuesday, which I think could be the day it will be closest to Jamaica.

Keeping all our loved ones in prayer... :(

Yeah, it's officially a category 2 now :( And I'm flying to Jamaica on Saturday :crying: My original trip was planned for November and I had to change it when I found out I was pregnant and my due date was in December. Why does this have to happen NOW???? :ranting:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

at200704_5day.gif

prayers are in order

Ok guys, I am officially FREAKING OUT now :crying: I don't want to cancel my trip!! And Tony is already down there!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
at200704_5day.gif

prayers are in order

Ok guys, I am officially FREAKING OUT now :crying: I don't want to cancel my trip!! And Tony is already down there!!

Rhonda, I would wait to see if the airline you are flying on has made any cancelations. You will need to check with them in regards to their penalties, rules, etc etc. Sometimes they'll allow you to change for a couple of days later without any penalties or if they close the airport altogether you get a full refund. I think you said you were flying on frequent flyer miles, I don't know what the rules are regarding those.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: So Dean is now officially a Cat 1 hurricane (almost Cat 2) and current path takes it right over JA. They are now predicting it could get up to Cat 4 by Tuesday, which I think could be the day it will be closest to Jamaica.

Keeping all our loved ones in prayer... :(

That is so scary :o

I pray that it changes paths

Here is today's Tropical Weather Underground blog.....not good:

The Hurricane Hunters made their first penetration of Hurricane Dean this afternoon, and found a strong Category 1 hurricane--100 mph winds, and surface pressure of 974-979 mb. Dean is now a Category 2 hurricane. Once the winds rise to 115 mph, it will be a Category 3 storm--a major hurricane. Wind shear remains near 5 knots, and is expected to remain low for the next five days. Recent satellite loops and reports from the Hurricane Hunters show that an eye has appeared. The eye is not fully formed, and has a gap on the west side. This gap is probably due to the presence of dry air on the storm's northwest side, which is getting wrapped into the storm. This dry air will persist through at least Friday, and should act to prevent Dean from undergoing rapid intensification until it clears the Lesser Antilles Islands. Dean is steadily moistening the environment around it, and may be able to overcome the dry air on Friday and put on a burst of rapid intensification. I expect Dean will become a large and extremely dangerous major hurricane by Saturday.

Latest model runs

The latest (12Z) model runs from this morning don't show much change from yesterday's runs for the 1-3 day period, but have a wider spread for the 4-5 day period. All the models show Dean moving through the Caribbean, passing over or just south of Jamaica and the Cayman Islands on Sunday or Monday, then into the western Caribbean. At that point, the models diverge. The NOGAPS model has the southernmost solution, taking Dean into northern Belize/Southern Mexico. The GFDL takes Dean through the Yucatan Channel and northwestward, towards western Louisiana. The other models are in between, with both the HWRF and UKMET nudging their tracks more to the north, grazing the tip of the Yucatan Peninsula. The GFDL and HWRF intensity forecasts both project Dean will be a Category 5 hurricane when it nears the Yucatan Peninsula. Tonight marks the first flight of the NOAA jet, and we'll have a much more reliable set of model runs Friday morning. Hopefully, this will narrow down the uncertainty of what will happen when Dean reaches the Gulf of Mexico.

Impacts on the Caribbean

Two storms in the historical record with a similar tracks and intensities to what we might expect for Dean in the Caribbean were Hurricane Gilbert of 1988 and Hurricane Ivan of 2004. Gilbert intensified to a Category 3 hurricane as it passed south of Haiti, and made a direct hit on Jamaica, passing the entire length of the island. Gilbert then began a remarkable rapid intensification spurt as it moved over the Cayman islands into the Western Caribbean, reaching an all-time record low pressure of 888 mb before it slammed into the Yucatan Peninsula. Ivan tracked a bit further south in the Caribbean, but was also a Category 5 storm after it passed Jamaica.

Jamaica

If you have travel plans to go to Jamaica, plan on spending a lot of time praying for the hurricane to miss, because that is what the locals will be doing. This seemed to be what spared Jamaica in 2004, when Hurricane Ivan made a beeline for the island, then suddenly turned and wobbled around the island. Ivan still killed 17 people in Jamaica and left 18,000 people homeless. Most of the major resorts and hotels fared well, and reopened a few days after Ivan passed. Damage on Jamaica totaled $360 million. Jamaica did not fare as well in Hurricane Gilbert, which made a direct hit as a Category 3 hurricane, killing 45. Gilbert dumped up to 27 inches of rain in the mountainous areas of Jamaica, causing severe flash flooding. Gilbert was the worst hurricane to hit Jamaica since Hurricane Charlie in 1951. Gilbert left $4 billion dollars in damage, and it was difficult to leave the island for over a week due to blocked roads and closed airports. If Dean makes a direct hit on Jamaica, expect to be stranded on the island for many days, with no power. If Dean makes a close pass but misses, as is more likely, expect a few days of hassle. All Jamaica airports will likely close on Sunday when Dean will begin to batter the island.

Say lots of prayers!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Can anyone tell me what they know about work visas? A friend of Andre's is here in Michigan now on a work visa and is now talking of marrying. Does he have to go back to do so? What do you think would be the best visa for him at this point?

He wants to do it all from here cause he is afraid he won't be able to return if he goes back to Jamaica.

Any advice?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Hi Y'all

Just a quick update on my situation. As I had previously stated in one of earlier posts my SO's father had filed an I-130 for him in 2000. Last week his father received the AOS fee bill. I checked the visa bulletin and the current priority date is Jan 2000. I am so excited. Just means that I do not have to petition for him as the rest of his journey will take about 6-12 mths, approximately what it would take if I did the CR-1/IR-1. I am so excited about this. At the same time I am a little disappointed because I was looking forward to sharing the steps of my journey with you guys and enjoying the experiences that I have shared with you all so far.

Anyway, I will continue to read your posts and post and share in all your jubilations. I am very happy for all your successes and I hope to continue to share in your joys and successes. :blush::blush:

I just love being a part of the VJ family and I will continue to share the progress of my SO's journey:thumbs: :thumbs:

Your VJ sis

Claire :whistle:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

**OFF TOPIC**

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to share in our excitement here at our place.....

My son (who is going into his freshman year) made the JV Soccer team (just found out today...after 3 days of 7:30am try-outs)!! He'll be playing for the high school team and still with his club U14 soccer team (that he's been on for 3 yrs) which means 7 days of soccer.....ugh.....

I'm soooooooooooo darn excited for him and it was ALOT of hard work !!!! Paid off for my boy!

TGIF !! and my prayers are with everyone's family in Jamaica.

(L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Claire,

Just keep us all posted. Unfortunately you'll be holding off on getting married, but at least you should have him here early next year. :dance::dance:

Hurricane Dean has me a little worried, but I also know how lucky Jamaica has been in the past and I am just praying. I remember Gilbert vividly - I can remember our ceiling during the second half of the storm looking like it would cave in. But God was good and He still is. I am praying for all our families. Rhonda I pray that you will be able to go.

**OFF TOPIC**

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to share in our excitement here at our place.....

My son (who is going into his freshman year) made the JV Soccer team (just found out today...after 3 days of 7:30am try-outs)!! He'll be playing for the high school team and still with his club U14 soccer team (that he's been on for 3 yrs) which means 7 days of soccer.....ugh.....

I'm soooooooooooo darn excited for him and it was ALOT of hard work !!!! Paid off for my boy!

TGIF !! and my prayers are with everyone's family in Jamaica.

(L)

Congratulations to your son. I am sure he is on cloud nine :dance::dance:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Here is today's Tropical Weather Underground blog.....not good:

The Hurricane Hunters made their first penetration of Hurricane Dean this afternoon, and found a strong Category 1 hurricane--100 mph winds, and surface pressure of 974-979 mb. Dean is now a Category 2 hurricane. Once the winds rise to 115 mph, it will be a Category 3 storm--a major hurricane. Wind shear remains near 5 knots, and is expected to remain low for the next five days. Recent satellite loops and reports from the Hurricane Hunters show that an eye has appeared. The eye is not fully formed, and has a gap on the west side. This gap is probably due to the presence of dry air on the storm's northwest side, which is getting wrapped into the storm. This dry air will persist through at least Friday, and should act to prevent Dean from undergoing rapid intensification until it clears the Lesser Antilles Islands. Dean is steadily moistening the environment around it, and may be able to overcome the dry air on Friday and put on a burst of rapid intensification. I expect Dean will become a large and extremely dangerous major hurricane by Saturday.

Latest model runs

The latest (12Z) model runs from this morning don't show much change from yesterday's runs for the 1-3 day period, but have a wider spread for the 4-5 day period. All the models show Dean moving through the Caribbean, passing over or just south of Jamaica and the Cayman Islands on Sunday or Monday, then into the western Caribbean. At that point, the models diverge. The NOGAPS model has the southernmost solution, taking Dean into northern Belize/Southern Mexico. The GFDL takes Dean through the Yucatan Channel and northwestward, towards western Louisiana. The other models are in between, with both the HWRF and UKMET nudging their tracks more to the north, grazing the tip of the Yucatan Peninsula. The GFDL and HWRF intensity forecasts both project Dean will be a Category 5 hurricane when it nears the Yucatan Peninsula. Tonight marks the first flight of the NOAA jet, and we'll have a much more reliable set of model runs Friday morning. Hopefully, this will narrow down the uncertainty of what will happen when Dean reaches the Gulf of Mexico.

Impacts on the Caribbean

Two storms in the historical record with a similar tracks and intensities to what we might expect for Dean in the Caribbean were Hurricane Gilbert of 1988 and Hurricane Ivan of 2004. Gilbert intensified to a Category 3 hurricane as it passed south of Haiti, and made a direct hit on Jamaica, passing the entire length of the island. Gilbert then began a remarkable rapid intensification spurt as it moved over the Cayman islands into the Western Caribbean, reaching an all-time record low pressure of 888 mb before it slammed into the Yucatan Peninsula. Ivan tracked a bit further south in the Caribbean, but was also a Category 5 storm after it passed Jamaica.

Jamaica

If you have travel plans to go to Jamaica, plan on spending a lot of time praying for the hurricane to miss, because that is what the locals will be doing. This seemed to be what spared Jamaica in 2004, when Hurricane Ivan made a beeline for the island, then suddenly turned and wobbled around the island. Ivan still killed 17 people in Jamaica and left 18,000 people homeless. Most of the major resorts and hotels fared well, and reopened a few days after Ivan passed. Damage on Jamaica totaled $360 million. Jamaica did not fare as well in Hurricane Gilbert, which made a direct hit as a Category 3 hurricane, killing 45. Gilbert dumped up to 27 inches of rain in the mountainous areas of Jamaica, causing severe flash flooding. Gilbert was the worst hurricane to hit Jamaica since Hurricane Charlie in 1951. Gilbert left $4 billion dollars in damage, and it was difficult to leave the island for over a week due to blocked roads and closed airports. If Dean makes a direct hit on Jamaica, expect to be stranded on the island for many days, with no power. If Dean makes a close pass but misses, as is more likely, expect a few days of hassle. All Jamaica airports will likely close on Sunday when Dean will begin to batter the island.

Say lots of prayers!

TO ADD from one of my travel agency information sites --

8/17/2007 -

Hurricane Dean passed between St. Lucia and Martinique in the Caribbean this morning with winds up to 100 mph. The airports on both islands were closed, many hotels were evacuated, and tourists waited out the Category 2 storm in shelters. Hotels in Dominica also reported tourist evacuations from hotels.

Dean is expected to gain Category 3 strength in the region’s warmer waters as it approaches other parts of the Caribbean, including Jamaica, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Dominican Republic, and Haiti. By early next week, it could approach Cancun and Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula (with a possible upgrade to Category 4).

Many airlines serving the Caribbean have now posted new advisories waiving change fees and offering cancellation options for flights affected by Hurricane Dean. Check the following links for each carrier’s advisory: Air Jamaica, American, Continental, Delta, and US Airways. Also, Spirit Airlines put its “Hurricane Buster” policy into effect, allowing your clients to change travel plans to affected airports for tickets set from Aug. 17 through Aug. 20.

Meanwhile, Carnival Cruise Lines changed sailing plans for two ships in the region. The “Carnival Destiny” will stay at sea today, instead of stopping in Antigua, returning to San Juan as scheduled Sunday. The “Carnival Miracle” will call in Tortola today (instead of the day at sea originally planned), Grand Turk tomorrow (in place of San Juan), Half Moon Cay on Sunday (not St. Thomas), and Nassau (not Tortola) on Monday. Royal Caribbean issued a statement saying it will post an update on its Web site later today with any itinerary changes.

Meanwhile, the leftover rainstorms from Tropical Storm Erin could leave up to 15 inches in rain in parts of Texas through the day today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Can anyone tell me what they know about work visas? A friend of Andre's is here in Michigan now on a work visa and is now talking of marrying. Does he have to go back to do so? What do you think would be the best visa for him at this point?

He wants to do it all from here cause he is afraid he won't be able to return if he goes back to Jamaica.

Any advice?

He should be fine as long as he doesn't leave michigan..or try to switch jobs. Just don't violate is visa in any way..hope it helps a little

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:dance::dance: I had to share this with my VJ Yardie family. Finally got our interview date: September 21st @ 1:30 p.m. :dancing::dancing:

Tam not to bear any bad news but are you sure you're interview is on 9/21? I haven't seen Kingston do any interviews on Friday in a long time. It's normally Tues or Thurs. Maybe you should double check that.

Anna

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.