Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Girl..ain't no sitting down nuttin...she nah chat to any of us..and frankly mi no care..better fi me..mi neva dis her yet...so all these yrs she was being phoney wid me..fi mek she assume a cause a me him no call her

My dear, count your blessings. When she gets around to talking to you both again, mek sure Kashi lay down the law to her. I thank God for my MIL because she keeps out of our business and my mother does as well. You would hate to have "Marie" (Everybody loves Raymond) all up in your business.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Girl..ain't no sitting down nuttin...she nah chat to any of us..and frankly mi no care..better fi me..mi neva dis her yet...so all these yrs she was being phoney wid me..fi mek she assume a cause a me him no call her

My dear, count your blessings. When she gets around to talking to you both again, mek sure Kashi lay down the law to her. I thank God for my MIL because she keeps out of our business and my mother does as well. You would hate to have "Marie" (Everybody loves Raymond) all up in your business.

lol......right

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
She a act like mi a tek her man..a dat..cause him a seh she a gwaan like she a him ooman and not him modda

...and why does he have to call her...if she want to speak to him why can't she pick up the phone and call..i don't like it when people get all caught up in who called who, the man just come and should be spending time with his wife and daughter..that don't take nutthing away from her...

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh boy the drama begins now. Seems like first part of this process was much easier than part two. Before i couldnt relate to anything posted but now its kicking in :( since noa2 on friday.... Im tryin to tell chris to go see abt the police report next week to get the ball rolling he says dont rush me i dont like bein rush oh boy here we go. Then he tries to tell me how the process works, mind you he had never done it before or read anything about it lol .....then i send him all the questions he says i dont think i can go through with this visa process i dont like people askin me all these questions...im stress already and nothin has even started yet.... :o

Girl, from what I have read and experienced sometimes it takes just taking a step back and a couple days of not even thinking about or discussing the process. Unfortunatly, our SO's tend to rely on what everyone else has told them and treat that as the bible. Sometimes you have to use some creative manipulations to get your point across because as others have said...Jamaican men are a bit stubborn. :blink: What I use as my saving grace is in the back of my mind...the knowledge that ultimatly...when it comes to certain things, it will all come out to be just what I was trying to tell him. Then it is him who has to eat crow....and maybe..someday... he will come to realize that I know what I am talking about....Hang in there.

I agree. When I gave Javon a copy of the DS-230 form to complete he got frustration and said he wasn't going to do it. I just left him and said ok I'm done b/c we're wasting time together. It took him a few wks to realize I wasn't joking b/c I didn't call not even once!!! They are stubborn, but so I'm I. I don't have time to play games either you do it or not either way the visa is for you not me. Now he wishes he spent all that time listening to me instead of acting like he knows everything. The process has changed since then and now he's starting to feel it. Like my momma say "who don't listen we'll feel".

Just tell him what needs to get done in a nice way and allow him to do it in his own time. Otherwise it will be very stressful (been there done that) and honestly, it's not worth it b/c at the end of the day he will do what he wants when he wants. Why stress yourself over something that is in his control? Just give him time he will be okay :)

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
She a act like mi a tek her man..a dat..cause him a seh she a gwaan like she a him ooman and not him modda

...and why does he have to call her...if she want to speak to him why can't she pick up the phone and call..i don't like it when people get all caught up in who called who, the man just come and should be spending time with his wife and daughter..that don't take nutthing away from her...

u KNOW that's what I'm saying...she needs to get over it..and try get her other here..and leave wi business alone...I didn't get none in 4 months :innocent: and she a try be in between come on already..wah u go talk bout everyday...the same damn tings over and over gosh..yeah ur right when she do decide to speak I'm letting her ####### know..no dis mi cause mi nah did u and memba mi and u a no fren..u a mi MIL lets leave it at that...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
One question about the police record does he need anything from the embassy at all to state why he wants the police record? Or does he just pop up there and ask for one.

I don't know how far back you have to go with the police records, but if he was living in another country.....I believe that he'll need one from each. Anyone else that had to do that.....help her out with this question?

You're right, if he lived in another country for more than 12 months or was arrested regardless of how long he lived there, he will need to get a police certificate from those countries as well.

That's correct but I thought it was 6 months. I'm in the process of obtaining my husband's police cert from the Cayman Islands.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
u KNOW that's what I'm saying...she needs to get over it..and try get her other here..and leave wi business alone...I didn't get none in 4 months :innocent: and she a try be in between come on already..wah u go talk bout everyday...the same damn tings over and over gosh..yeah ur right when she do decide to speak I'm letting her ####### know..no dis mi cause mi nah did u and memba mi and u a no fren..u a mi MIL lets leave it at that...

:lol::lol: I know, she nuh realize seh people "hungry". Yeah, I am about ready to fly down Labor Day weekend if wi nuh hear anyting bout the interview. Being away from him hard!

That's correct but I thought it was 6 months. I'm in the process of obtaining my husband's police cert from the Cayman Islands.

To be on the safe side use 6 months because these people are looking for everyway to make this thing more difficult than it is.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We found a house and our offer was accepted :dance::dancing::dancing: Thank goodness. Tony is leaving for Jamaica at 6am and I'm leaving on Saturday. I wanted to be able to relax and if I was going to be homeless soon, I wouldn't have relaxed much!

Now I just have to worry about packing for JA and THEN packing and moving my whole house :blush: Hopefully, the timing of everything will go smoothly. Thanks for all of your support.

Congrats girl. Packing and moving is a Biii@@@! I still has stuff in boxes in my garage since I bought my house and moved in in December 2005. My heart goes out to you. Do not drag anything you won't use to the new place. But you must know that. LOL :whistle:

Claire

I got you beat..try Jan 1998.. :help::help:

Mrs Jengles;

First fall project for Mr. Jengles....Clean out the garage. LOL LOL :innocent::innocent::innocent:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

:lol::lol: I know, she nuh realize seh people "hungry". Yeah, I am about ready to fly down Labor Day weekend if wi nuh hear anyting bout the interview. Being away from him hard!

U see it ...ahahaaa..I'm telling when that well run dry....please..:) ans she wan flop ppl show....

We found a house and our offer was accepted :dance::dancing::dancing: Thank goodness. Tony is leaving for Jamaica at 6am and I'm leaving on Saturday. I wanted to be able to relax and if I was going to be homeless soon, I wouldn't have relaxed much!

Now I just have to worry about packing for JA and THEN packing and moving my whole house :blush: Hopefully, the timing of everything will go smoothly. Thanks for all of your support.

Congrats girl. Packing and moving is a Biii@@@! I still has stuff in boxes in my garage since I bought my house and moved in in December 2005. My heart goes out to you. Do not drag anything you won't use to the new place. But you must know that. LOL :whistle:

Claire

I got you beat..try Jan 1998.. :help::help:

Mrs Jengles;

First fall project for Mr. Jengles....Clean out the garage. LOL LOL :innocent::innocent::innocent:

hhaaaaa :lol::yes:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

bwaay she nuh easy a rass....

but hear wah, nuh matta weh she duh, nuh gi har nuh reason fi seh yuh disrespect har....mek she stay deh an gwaan all shi wah, but nuh stoop to har level.

Caws nex ting yuh a guh hear seh a yuh a tun har son mine fram har.

Just respon to har foolishess wid politeness.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So !!!...I forgot to tell u all the drama !!..remember my MIL took it upon herself to go to the airport. i dropped her off which I was I wasn't, then we got home, my husband called her Tuesday the day after he came ! I came home wednesday and said to him .."u nah call u modda, cause u know she a wait pon u fi call" so he said" she caan call"..any way him no call ..Friday she call MY phone and all she said was "mek mi talk to Kashi" I was ewww...no hello, goodnight nuttin. At that point mi did a go hang up mi phone cause u disrespectful but being the nice person i am :devil: I passed him the phone all i heard was "A WAH MI DO U, A WAH MI DO, A MI A UR MODDA, A MI BRING FI 9 MTHS" going on and on. he couldn't even get a word in all he could say was " wah, wah u a talk bout" and she hung up on him..he's saying that from him come she no call him and him not even walk her to her door..and him ask fi him sister..

but u ever see mi dine trial :)..did ooman no outta order and bright she mussi tink mi do dis fi her. And call mi phone like seh mi a mate and her man deh a mi yaad...

She got some nerve. Y she neva file fi him harself? Now she want him fe act like a she sen fi him or buy him plane ticket. Mek the ooman gu wey yah!! Lata fe she

enjoy your man Kimmy. Ignore this ignorant woman. I can't stand MIL's. She carry him for 9 months, now he belongs to you and your daughter. So not disrespect her, just ignore her and she will learn her lesson.

Claire

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

bwaay she nuh easy a rass....

but hear wah, nuh matta weh she duh, nuh gi har nuh reason fi seh yuh disrespect har....mek she stay deh an gwaan all shi wah, but nuh stoop to har level.

Caws nex ting yuh a guh hear seh a yuh a tun har son mine fram har.

Just respon to har foolishess wid politeness.

that's exactly what my father is saying but it's so hard u know and mi really bite mi tongue cause I'm not the one at all. It really upsets me cause all these yrs we've have a descent relationship u know..even when she do sey her foolishness..but mi leave it up to him fi deal wid..a fi him modda

Timeline

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
But stop, a wah gwaan pon VJ today

Husband beater !

Continued

They continued the "discussion" here

MIL :rolleyes: Nuh gi har any ting fi fling back pon yuh...stay polite an nuh cuss har...fire spread like forest fire when she have a likkle fuel pon yuh :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.