Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
One question about the police record does he need anything from the embassy at all to state why he wants the police record? Or does he just pop up there and ask for one.

I don't know how far back you have to go with the police records, but if he was living in another country.....I believe that he'll need one from each. Anyone else that had to do that.....help her out with this question?

You're right, if he lived in another country for more than 12 months or was arrested regardless of how long he lived there, he will need to get a police certificate from those countries as well.

Yeah..if u lived in any country from u were 16 yrs old u need one...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
One question about the police record does he need anything from the embassy at all to state why he wants the police record? Or does he just pop up there and ask for one.

I don't know how far back you have to go with the police records, but if he was living in another country.....I believe that he'll need one from each. Anyone else that had to do that.....help her out with this question?

You're right, if he lived in another country for more than 12 months or was arrested regardless of how long he lived there, he will need to get a police certificate from those countries as well.

Be careful with this one...Some places say 6 months others say 12 months. I thought it was 12 months as well but Andre was in the Bahamas for 10 months and even our lawyer told us we would NOT need a police certificate. Lo and behold we got a 221g and our visa was delayed for 2 months because the embassy said they need one for any place of residence for more than 6 months. Don't know if we got someone in a bad mood or if that is policy. If it says it right on a JA embassy document then I would believe it otherwise I wouldn't risk it and would get the report for any country you lived in for more than 6 months.

Edited by Jme3584

Timeline

Be careful with this one...Some places say 6 months others say 12 months. I thought it was 12 months as well but Andre was in the Bahamas for 10 months and even our lawyer told us we would NOT need a police certificate. Lo and behold we got a 221g and our visa was delayed for 2 months because the embassy said they need one for any place of residence for more than 6 months. Don't know if we got someone in a bad mood or if that is policy. If it says it right on a JA embassy document then I would believe it otherwise I wouldn't risk it.

Yeah the info packet they send u states 6 mths

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Be careful with this one...Some places say 6 months others say 12 months. I thought it was 12 months as well but Andre was in the Bahamas for 10 months and even our lawyer told us we would NOT need a police certificate. Lo and behold we got a 221g and our visa was delayed for 2 months because the embassy said they need one for any place of residence for more than 6 months. Don't know if we got someone in a bad mood or if that is policy. If it says it right on a JA embassy document then I would believe it otherwise I wouldn't risk it and would get the report for any country you lived in for more than 6 months.

I got that information on the NVC site (http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#police). Found it in the section that states what you should expect with the NVC processing. Maybe it's different if you're going straight to embassy.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

He was in England and Scotland we sent off that when i was last in jamaica on the 20th i do believe those take 40 days. Anyone know exactly how much the jamaican police reports are i hear it takes 20 days for normal and 3 for expedited???

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

He was in England and Scotland we sent off that when i was last in jamaica on the 20th i do believe those take 40 days. Anyone know exactly how much the jamaican police reports are i hear it takes 20 days for normal and 3 for expedited???

Yeah, 21 days for regular and 3 days for expedited. The fee for expedited is J$2000.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

That is what I am saying. Everywhere you look says 12 months for another country. That is what USCIS says as well as other gov sites but when we got to the actual interview part they informed Andre what they want a police certificate for anywhere over 6 months. Do you send the police report to NVC when you are doing a CR1 visa or do you take it to your interview at the embassy?

Kingston has and always will be backwards and difficult :wacko:

Timeline

yEAH It is 3 days for expedite and cost about $2000 JA...and we REAllY got it in 3 days :)

Timeline
That is what I am saying. Everywhere you look says 12 months for another country. That is what USCIS says as well as other gov sites but when we got to the actual interview part they informed Andre what they want a police certificate for anywhere over 6 months. Do you send the police report to NVC when you are doing a CR1 visa or do you take it to your interview at the embassy?

Kingston has and always will be backwards and difficult :wacko:

My dear, Kingston is a trip. Since the recent changes, they want you to send the original police certificate, marriage and birth certificates to NVC for the CR1. They send the package to Kingston when the interview date is scheduled. We have copies for the embassy just in case anything is lost.

yEAH It is 3 days for expedite and cost about $2000 JA...and we REAllY got it in 3 days :)

So did we. At least on that front, you got it on the promised date...Can't say that for the other agencies sometimes.

Edited by JA Tam

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I actually thought it was if they needed a police certificate for anywhere the resided since they were 16 years of age.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yeah, 21 days for regular and 3 days for expedited. The fee for expedited is J$2000.

DANG......again, glad we went through this last year. Andre got his in 7 days without paying any additional fees. A mishap where they "forgot" to send it to him and found it on the desk; but 7 days nonetheless.

I feel so sorry for you guys sometimes.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

DANG......again, glad we went through this last year. Andre got his in 7 days without paying any additional fees. A mishap where they "forgot" to send it to him and found it on the desk; but 7 days nonetheless.

I feel so sorry for you guys sometimes.

Seems like last year was the year to go thru this process! everything seems a bit longer now for most as im reading the timelines

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

Im on a roll with the questions today... thanks for all your replies. One more concern i have. Chris does not smoke weed BUT his two brother and friend do and he works in close proximity to them allll dayyyy oh boy....will this show up in his medical? I recall readin somwhere in this thread abt pre testing not sure where i saw it cant find it but does anyone know where he can get this done in Mobay area? or should i be worried ??? :wacko:

?

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

The time to file would have been several years ago when you didn't even need to have an appointment. When you had all your docs together you just showed up at the embassy between certain times on certain days for your interview. Oh to have gone through the process then :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.