Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is pretty slick, Jay.

I refused to do anything after the visa left the U.S. I did my part and he had his to do. Andre made all his own appointments and collected everything he needed.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, on the other hand <Miss #######> had to do EVERYTHING for Roy. He got his Birth Certificate and Police Record but I did everything else. If I left it up to him, he would still be in Jamaica trying to figure the paperwork out :wacko::lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
I, on the other hand <Miss #######> had to do EVERYTHING for Roy. He got his Birth Certificate and Police Record but I did everything else. If I left it up to him, he would still be in Jamaica trying to figure the paperwork out :wacko::lol:

That's funny, M.

I'm ####### too.....I think you kind of know that. However, my analness is more towards forcing him to become as independent as possible. I don't need another child to take care of and I make sure he knows it......has always known it. Mi nuh ez, ya kno.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's funny, M.

I'm ####### too.....I think you kind of know that. However, my analness is more towards forcing him to become as independent as possible. I don't need another child to take care of and I make sure he knows it......has always known it. Mi nuh ez, ya kno.

lol...u sei me!

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: Timeline

I must have made Marlon mad yesterday as I have been trying to call him all morning and no answer! Man this whole process is so hard and frustrating! I just hope he doesn't take it upon himself to reschedule his appointment! But if he does it will be his choice. I have done all that I can on my side, I guess the ball is in his court....

I must have made Marlon mad yesterday as I have been trying to call him all morning and no answer! Man this whole process is so hard and frustrating! I just hope he doesn't take it upon himself to reschedule his appointment! But if he does it will be his choice. I have done all that I can on my side, I guess the ball is in his court....

Reschedule...he must be out of his mind.. :wacko::wacko:

However, my analness is more towards forcing him to become as independent as possible. I don't need another child to take care of and I make sure he knows it......has always known it. Mi nuh ez, ya kno.

I HAVE created a monster.....can Roy come live with you guys for a while???? :whistle:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline
However, my analness is more towards forcing him to become as independent as possible. I don't need another child to take care of and I make sure he knows it......has always known it. Mi nuh ez, ya kno.

I HAVE created a monster.....can Roy come live with you guys for a while???? :whistle:

Oh, HELL NO! Andre and I have already had this discussion....no more Jamaicans in our household. If they want to visit St. Louis, they have to find a hotel room......I am not risking never getting rid of them.

I kind of forsaw all that, Min, and I chose to nip it in the butt from the very beginning. I think he chooses now to pre-do things rather then have me hollar about it later. And he knew from the beginning I don't take any #######. I can be reasonable; but only after considerable deliberations. I believe in the "train a man from the start" method. Ha Ha!

What have you let him get away with?

Hey, did you ever send get those birth papers? Did you send away for the passport?

How did you make him mad, Sarah? By speaking your mind and contridicting his?

Don't forget to make sure nothing is time sensitive if he did reschedule.

Oh, and check your PM, I got a little news.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Hey, did you ever send get those birth papers? Did you send away for the passport?

I have probably let him get away with too much.....but that's okay. That's all in the past. He now knows just how serious I am about all this stuff. The other day I found him putting some stuff into the envelope I have for the "lifting of conditions" He knows this next time he is going to have to contribute.

Still waiting for the birth papers. Yesterday was two months since I ordered them. I am planning on sending them an e:mail this evening.....just to give them one more chance to show up in the mailbox. Yours didn't take this long, did they?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline

I have probably let him get away with too much.....but that's okay. That's all in the past. He now knows just how serious I am about all this stuff. The other day I found him putting some stuff into the envelope I have for the "lifting of conditions" He knows this next time he is going to have to contribute.

Still waiting for the birth papers. Yesterday was two months since I ordered them. I am planning on sending them an e:mail this evening.....just to give them one more chance to show up in the mailbox. Yours didn't take this long, did they?

Nope. Ours took just a little over 3 weeks and most of that was cause they didn't have our zip code....or so they said. They e-mailed me to call with it. We tried calling for 3 days before we finally got through and then we had them just a few days later. 2 months seems like a long time. They are going through elections though.....and who knows what all that is messing up. But, yah, I still say that is a very long time. You better check.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Check out this link....and let me know what you think...

http://www.nomarriage.com/why_foreign_women_are_better.html

Well, of course they are going to say that stuff, KK.....they are advertising international dating.

Other then that, all I have to say is I wouldn't wipe my rassclott batty with that piece of junk. IDIOTS!!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Well, of course they are going to say that stuff, KK.....they are advertising international dating.

Other then that, all I have to say is I wouldn't wipe my rassclott batty with that piece of junk. IDIOTS!!!!!

I agree!!!! What a dorky thing!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies and Gentlemen,

There is a lot of truth here, go Jamaican!

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.