Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am not crazy!

I just work alot and most of the time when I am free I can't call Marlon because he is sleeping! We both know how expensive it is to call each other so we keep it to a minimum. Since I got my home phone I have been calling him more, about 3 times a week due to the interview approaching. When I went to Jamaica I stayed with him both times and he paid for my food and expenses while I was there. I will remove my siggy as obviously I am getting some flack for it.

Don't remove your signature if you don't want to. I completely understand what you're saying. I too dont' talk to Javon often not b/c I don't want to but because I refuse to pay that kind of money on phone bills. I work to hard to spend my paychecks on phone and create debt that I can't managed. I'm very frugal and may seem cheap to others but some things I just won't do b/c at the end of the day you can only do what you can handle. I love talking to my husband but what's the point if I can't afford it? Don't make anyone tell you otherwise.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow kim I can't believe he;s coming today! wow get the candles lingerie etc. ready girl!

are you gonna prepare dinner for him?

I'm just so happy for you he just had the interview last week.

Girl..u know it..and guess who wanna be at the airport....HIS MOTHER !!! :no:

I WILL have updates on this :) he should be getting in at 7:50

noooo :no: he's gonna be making dinner..I"M TIRED !!! :yes::lol:

She mussi sick inna har head, if she did wah collect a di airport, she should sen fi him HARSELF!!!

I would firmly but politely just say to her that you haven't seen your HUSBAND for some time now and you've made plans for that evening, why doesn't she come and visit the NEXT day.....

Oh, show him likkle mercy!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
I am sure the school fees vary by thousands in regards to what school you attend and where it is located. I found this little bit of info from a website.

Education is expensive in Jamaica. For instance, to have their child attend a Jamaican high school, the family must pay tuition (“school fees”); plus, the family must bear the full cost of transportation, books, uniforms, and school supplies. Depending upon which high school a student attends (determined by the results of the GSAT—Sixth Grade Achievement Test), the cost for one year of high school (including school lunches) ranges from about $1,250 to $2,750 (U.S.).

Link

Wow...that's kinda expensive. Thanks for all your responses.

My "adopted" daughter in JA wants to finish high school. She's 17 with an one year-old daughter. I was wondering if we could help her financially. I spoke with her briefly last night and she said it will cost around $900 (US) and one math book cost $5800 :blink: We got disconnected so I'll more info this weekend. Thanks again.

The cost for one year of high school is no where near $1250(US) THe average school fee cost about $10000(JA) Parents don't give kids more than $500 per day and that is if you travel from, lets say ST Thomas to Kingston for schol. They should be home by 4pm anyways. some schools have a book rental system because books change with the grade. However CXC syudents will have to buy their books, but each book cost less than $2500(JA) $5800 for a math book is ridiculous. That can buy 3 CXC books 1 Math, 1 physics and 1 social Studies. If one Year of High School really cost $80something (JA) ( school fee, books lunch and bus fare) what would happen to the parent who works minimum wage and has two kids in high school???? That's totally unbelievable.

Sharon, $500JA/day for lunch and travel...hmmm don't know if thats quite accurate...bus fare is about $60/each bus..what if u have to take more than one bus to ad from thats 4 buses. My cousin lives in portmore and goes to Alpha and she gets 500 plus transportation. Sometimes u can't cause u just don't have it..but u can't really buy lunch. I sgree with the school fee and the books, don't think it would so much either...

Did you know that the JUTC buses charge only $25(JA) for schoolers? and the EXECUTIVE (the blue coasters) charges $30(JA). Alpha is on south camp road so thats 4 buses to and from= $100 or $120(JA) per day. School is out at 2:30-3:00 what kind of lunch at school cost $500. Lunch at school can be a bun & cheese, patty or cook lunch+ any juice. None of which cost $500. Even if you were to have lunch at KFC or Burger King $500 could still cover lunch and bues fare. The most expensive item on a KFC or BK menu is not more than $350. Parents can give kids $1000 if they want, that dosen't mean it cost that much. BTW $60 from Portmore is an adult's fare on the EXEC and $50 on a JUTC.

Maybe thats what I'm thinking of..adults...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Him reach yet??!!!!

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Him reach yet??!!!!

No..u tink mi woulda deh on :) he gets in about 8

Don't know why I thought he was coming in at 3 :blush: . I was wondering why you were online because I didn't think we would see you on here for a while :lol:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
wow kim I can't believe he;s coming today! wow get the candles lingerie etc. ready girl!

are you gonna prepare dinner for him?

I'm just so happy for you he just had the interview last week.

She mussi sick inna har head, if she did wah collect a di airport, she should sen fi him HARSELF!!!

I would firmly but politely just say to her that you haven't seen your HUSBAND for some time now and you've made plans for that evening, why doesn't she come and visit the NEXT day.....

U no know how mi waan tell her..cause it no mek no dogon sense....she gonna be waiting like crazy out there if immigration decide fi tek dem time

Oh, show him likkle mercy!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Him reach yet??!!!!

No..u tink mi woulda deh on :) he gets in about 8

Don't know why I thought he was coming in at 3 :blush: . I was wondering why you were online because I didn't think we would see you on here for a while :lol:

:):lol: I'll be on..but not tongight and tomorrow....affi do some ketching up :yes:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:wacko: That is wonderful news....please keep us posted.

Thanks again for the school info. When Damien questioned my "daughter" about school in JA and they got disconnected, again. Now she's not answering the phone. It's too bad because my family wants to help her finish her education.

Timeline

Congrats Kimmy!! Have fun tonight :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Rhonda all the best with finding a house. At least your house is sold in this slow market. When I sold my first house I was on the other side. I bought my second house before mine was sold. It all worked out though and was only homeless for a day. It will all work out. All the best :thumbs:

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
I have been organizing my documents for the interview next Tuesday. Will I need two original letters from my employer and two from my bank? Am I going to be OK with the one of each that I now have?

One is fine. They didn't even look at that stuff for us.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Hate to be the bearer of bad news....

Hello everyone, i need your help and suggestions-

I never thought this could be happening to me, I filed for my husband and our relationship was declining but we continued to "work on it" now when it was time to go about everything, my husband became hesitant to come to america. I couldn't understand why, he didn't have any money or job and his living wasn't so great so i thought it would be a good idea for him to come and atleast visit for a few months.

That was 2.5 months ago, my husband during his visit was lazy, quiet and mean. He was nice at times but our relationship was mostly strained by his constant complaints. He didn't really like it here.. He used my phone to call his girlfriend down in jamaica constantly, i could tell it was a woman by the way he reacted to my questions and the way the person responded when i called the numbers. He has ran up all my bills to the point where i cannot pay them. Anyway, it was a nightmare, i talked to his family and they told me to leave him. So anyway, he has left and gone back a yard, leaving me with no money or anything, he told me he was coming back. He called me once to tell me he landed and never after that. I called him and I told him i felt that he didn't care about me and that i didn't want him to return after leaving me this way and he was so detached and he said "didn't i try to make u see that?" so he asked me what did i want to do because he didn't feel the same way about me anymore and i said nothing and then he said "move on, cam" and he said he would call me back later (i guess he was so happy to be back with his girlfriend) i said "why bother" and hung up.

I feel relieved that he is gone from my life, i should have gotten rid of him a long time ago but i was trying to honor the sanctity of marriage. I tried to do anything to keep my husband but he wasn't giving anything in return. Now he has recieved his conditional green card, but he's not in the country and i dont want him to be able to come back, naturally. I know this time next year i will be alright but right now i feel bad.. I'm 23 years old, divorced used and abandoned. I was just acting on my my youth and now i'm thrown away.

I would like to have his visa revoked so that he cannot come back, but i was told this was not possible until 2 years from now. I know that he will regret what he has done because it's not really in his nature to be so cold (or so it seems), I know he doesnt like atlanta but i believe he will try to come back later. He has a job in jamaica and he worke a small job here off the books, I know he can lose his gc if he does not pay taxes, so maybe that's one way.

I need your help.

thanks

cam.....johnson

Timeline

So sorry to hear that Cam (L)

I don't think there is anything you can do about keeping him from coming to the country. You can file for divorce (I am assuming you haven't) if that is what you want to do and then notify USCIS/NVC that you are no longer together. They can't revoke a visa (unless maybe you think it was fraudulent) so he could come and go til his visa expires. If he stayed in the US and his visa expired he would be here illegally but even then I doubt you could enforce anything to make him go back.

I am sorry that you have to go through this. From experience I know it sucks...big time but with time it shall pass. The hurt will hurt less and less each day. I am also 23 so I can understand what you feel about "acting on your youth"...I did the same.

Stay strong and if you ever need anything don't hesitate to PM me :luv:

Jamie :star:

Timeline
So sorry to hear that Cam (L)

I don't think there is anything you can do about keeping him from coming to the country. You can file for divorce (I am assuming you haven't) if that is what you want to do and then notify USCIS/NVC that you are no longer together. They can't revoke a visa (unless maybe you think it was fraudulent) so he could come and go til his visa expires. If he stayed in the US and his visa expired he would be here illegally but even then I doubt you could enforce anything to make him go back.

I am sorry that you have to go through this. From experience I know it sucks...big time but with time it shall pass. The hurt will hurt less and less each day. I am also 23 so I can understand what you feel about "acting on your youth"...I did the same.

Stay strong and if you ever need anything don't hesitate to PM me :luv:

Jamie :star:

Ditto. ((((((Hugs to you))))))). Take care of yourself.

Timeline

Cam,

Please be aware that you're still liable to support him per the I-864 for 10 years or 40 quarters of work even if you divorce. So if he chooses to come back to the US or stay here and can't support himself, you're liable. When you get a chance please read up on the rules of the I-864 just so you are aware of all the conditions and rules associated with it...as well as what is and isn't covered. I haven't heard of too many cases where they have made the USC pay for debt incurred by the beneficiary but it is better to be informed...cause you never know.

Jamie

Edited by Jme3584

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.