10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot:

I remember sometime ago someone mention a VOIP w/unlimited calls from to and from JA. I already looked into Vonage but I could have swore it was Cable & Wireless. Well I've been trying to search and came up w/nothing. Basically I'm looking for a service to get that plus a JA # if possible ASAP!!! Any suggestions???

It's called Netspeak (www.netspeak.com) and it's through C&W...My dad has it in Jamaica and he has a local florida number. I know that they have a local office here in Florida: http://www.netspeakflorida.com/

I was looking into that but Javon doesn't have internet service at home. He's looking into how much the internet cost down there but I personally don't think it's worth it.

I'll get more information about it from my dad, but I remember him telling me that you can bring the unit to the US and use it here. When I get more info, I will let you know. There was another service that I found, but they are out of Canada, but they would ship it to you. They had an ad banner on Jamaica Gleaner - it's called Foreign Phone (http://www.foreignphone.com/faq.aspx).

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Tricia B @ Jul 20 2007, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In regards to phone service/netspeak, I heard about a service called mega phone (i believe it's a cell phone) and you pay a flat fee (1,200 ja?) and you can make unlimited calls to the us

I heard about megaphone as well and asked Aaron about it. One thing that I heard about it is that it is hard to get as it is so popular. I would love for him to get it, but he is so stubborn :bonk: . We will probably get the Netspeak so he can call his parents.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh my jengles, that CO tried really hard to deny him. and i'm amazed that you pushed a baby out in 7 minutes. wow!

can someone who recently went through the medical please explain what all was done?

Hope this helps

They take blood, asked all the questions on the medical history form, ask about immunization records, if he has had chicken pox make sure he tells them. they did xrays, oral exam, check the eye ..not much at all..he got there for 7:30 and he left by 11:30..and u know most of that was waiting

Of note....I forgot Andre saw a lady doctor. He was not happy when she made him stand completely naked in front of her for some of the exam.

this happened to mr. jengles. i was cracking up when he told me, he said she pushed back his foreskin

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
The baby was 7lbs 10 ozs and 19 1/2 inches long and came out from 7 minutes of pushing, (the doctor threatned to cut me) that was great incentive to push. baby girl is very quiet not at all like her brother.

This gives me hope!! How long were you in labor? I'm terrified of the whole labor/delivery part of it. :dead:

I was in labor from Sunday, but didn't know it, all I knew was that she kept moving and every time she moved i was in pain, one of my friends told me i was in labor but I'm like yeah right, anyway I went to the hospital at 6am. and she was born at 1:52pm

That was quick..with my daughter i was in labor from wednesday night and i just kept feeling this uncomfortable pain and i blew it off. Spoke to my husband that night and went to bed..girl let me tell you that bed did not see me...couldn't sit, sleep, forget walk...called my doc..she said head to the hospital, mind u i wasn't even 35 wks yet...they put me on meds to stop the labor, yeah righ tshe was ready and thats that. they gave up and i had her Friday at 11:32 am....

I thought that at 35 weeks, they would just let nature take its course.

That sounds like me, LOL I was up sunday night all night and then in the hospital monday morning, I'm like give me an epidural so I can sleep because you (meaning the doctors are going to want me to push later)

when i got to the hospital they said i was 5 centimeters and apparently my contractions weren't coming quick enough for them so they gave me some drug that starts with a P to make my contractions come quicker, I'll stop at this point with respect to all the first time mothers.

don't worry Rhonda - there is nothing to worry about

Timeline
Wow, that was alot....good thing he stuck to his guns...my my...they are crazy...

Wow that was a lot, she really let him have it. :blink: We were asked maybe two or three questions. That's plum crazy.

you were there at the interview?

but he was prepared lol, see my post last week about wanting to strangle him or something to that effect lol. I got scared because I didn't feel he knew everything, I had to STRESS a few points to him and then he started seeing things my way :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I couldn't agree with you more Jomo. I read the comments made by about 3 women after she posted that and they were like Man I'm thinking about getting a divorce. My thought is: If you are contemplating getting a divorce based on what someone posted then you are the one who has missed it. You have to ask yourself whether or not you are really in love. LOVE is never UNSURE. For someone to seriously consider getting a divorce based on a thread, maybe there was never really LOVE at home. Marriage to me and my fiance is something that is really sacred and its going to take more than a thread to make us divorce. I believe thats why the divorce rates are so high. People's first instinct when they're married and things are going well is to DIVORCE. But marriage is about sacrafices and compromises. If you are not willing to subject yourself to that then you may want to rethink your position before you get into it. (Generally speaking, No one in particular).

If a person really believes deep down in their heart that their significant other is just using them for a green card and the love is not really there, then it may be a situation that is just not for the best. And its okay to admit that. I think we get wrapped up into the fairy tale thinking and miss the reality of it all. I personally believe that you have to see some benefits and rewards out of decision to make it most worth while and fulfilling.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline
So now my parents what to come visit me...after living in my house for 1.5 years....THE SAME WEEK AS THE INTERVIEW......AWHHHHH. So now I have to break it down to my mom. My fiance and I said that we didn't want to get anyones hopes up so we are keeping the process a secret as much as possible. His family and my family knows that we are filing...but don't know the particulars. It's stressful enough for us and to have them asking about each step.... :wacko::wacko::bonk: Would drive us crazy. So I'll have the conversation with my mom tonight. :whistle:-_-
Question....why can't they just give the visa at the appointment? What is the purpose of sending it via courier? Any words?

Oh, honey.......do you not know the way things work in Jamaica by now? Soon come!!!!

That's so funny :lol::yes:

Everything is me soon come.....lol.

Wow we are filing and trying to keep a secret as well. The only difference is NO ONE knows. I guess he is just going to show one day :wacko:

I told my mom that he is filing for a visiting visa and he has a hook up down there. I think I am going tell her eventually but we didn't want the stereotypes placed on us and the big hoopla until we were able to do how we want it. In Jamaica! So we are going to do something small and then later go ahead and do our real wedding down there. I have a lot of family there and all of his family is there as well. Lets hope things work out.

AOS Package 2008

Sent RFE back 3/27

Biometrics 4/29

Received EAD card 5/10

So now my parents what to come visit me...after living in my house for 1.5 years....THE SAME WEEK AS THE INTERVIEW......AWHHHHH. So now I have to break it down to my mom. My fiance and I said that we didn't want to get anyones hopes up so we are keeping the process a secret as much as possible. His family and my family knows that we are filing...but don't know the particulars. It's stressful enough for us and to have them asking about each step.... :wacko::wacko::bonk: Would drive us crazy. So I'll have the conversation with my mom tonight. :whistle:-_-
Question....why can't they just give the visa at the appointment? What is the purpose of sending it via courier? Any words?

Oh, honey.......do you not know the way things work in Jamaica by now? Soon come!!!!

Wow we are filing and trying to keep a secret as well. The only difference is NO ONE knows. I guess he is just going to show one day :wacko:

I told my mom that he is filing for a visiting visa and he has a hook up down there. I think I am going tell her eventually but we didn't want the stereotypes placed on us and the big hoopla until we were able to do how we want it. In Jamaica! So we are going to do something small and then later go ahead and do our real wedding down there. I have a lot of family there and all of his family is there as well. Lets hope things work out.

Well when I first filed I had to tell my mom because she didn't understand why he couldn't just come here as easy as I could go to JA. A lot of my friend has said the same thing. A lot of people just don't know how HARD it is to come to the US. They believe people come and go just as easy as we do. I did however tell my mom that his interview date is August 14...I forgot to mention that I would be going to the interview. :unsure: You know I know that my mom would be 100% supportive..I just don't want the stress of her concerns on why the process is taking sooo long. I've been with my fiance for 5 1/2 years and been engaged forever. :blush: So I know she would want us to finally be together....especially to start giving her more grandchildren. :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The baby was 7lbs 10 ozs and 19 1/2 inches long and came out from 7 minutes of pushing, (the doctor threatned to cut me) that was great incentive to push. baby girl is very quiet not at all like her brother.

This gives me hope!! How long were you in labor? I'm terrified of the whole labor/delivery part of it. :dead:

I was in labor from Sunday, but didn't know it, all I knew was that she kept moving and every time she moved i was in pain, one of my friends told me i was in labor but I'm like yeah right, anyway I went to the hospital at 6am. and she was born at 1:52pm

That was quick..with my daughter i was in labor from wednesday night and i just kept feeling this uncomfortable pain and i blew it off. Spoke to my husband that night and went to bed..girl let me tell you that bed did not see me...couldn't sit, sleep, forget walk...called my doc..she said head to the hospital, mind u i wasn't even 35 wks yet...they put me on meds to stop the labor, yeah righ tshe was ready and thats that. they gave up and i had her Friday at 11:32 am....

I thought that at 35 weeks, they would just let nature take its course.

That sounds like me, LOL I was up sunday night all night and then in the hospital monday morning, I'm like give me an epidural so I can sleep because you (meaning the doctors are going to want me to push later)

when i got to the hospital they said i was 5 centimeters and apparently my contractions weren't coming quick enough for them so they gave me some drug that starts with a P to make my contractions come quicker, I'll stop at this point with respect to all the first time mothers.

don't worry Rhonda - there is nothing to worry about

Yeah..I was 3 days away from 35 weeks so they wanted me to go as long as I could....my daughter had another plan of course :)

Yeah Rhonda all will be fine..I felt the same way until nature said it was time which I wasn't expecting so...don't worry too much

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

i'm kind of in the same situation, i didn't want to tell my parents/family because i know the overall sentiment would be i'm making a mistake or being used, but i couldn't hide that he was living with me so they think he's here visiting and i've told them we plan to get married next year in ja (which we do) but of course we're already married.

03-31-06 Filed K-1 papers

04-13-06 received NOA 1

09-24-06 k-1 approved, yeah!

10-02-06 NVC letter received/Papers sent to Kingston/Interview packet sent to fiance

10-24-06 Interview packet returned to Kingston by postal service/Had to request them to resend

10-31-06 Received resent packetand immediately sent DS-230 Part I so he could get interview date

01-09-07 Received appointment letter, two days before interview! (JA mail sucks)

01-11-07 Couldn't get us down, made it to the interview anyway, half prepared, given a letter to return

04-17-07 Finally given another interview date after 2 months of emailing/begging, visa approved, yeah!

05-03-07 Got K-1 Visa in hand (was only suppose to take 4-5 days for delivery,actually took 12)

05-11-07 Imagine girl running down beach towards guy to welcome him into her arms with a

passionate kiss, only it's the airport. He's arrives on Friday!

06-21-07 Our wedding date! It's a civil ceremony, but I'm excited nonetheless

07-12-07 Mailed AOS application/form (wish me luck)

07-25-07 Checks cashed by DHS

07-28-07 Received NOA 1

08-23-07 Biometrics Appt (have to reschedule out of town)

08-31-07 Rescheduled Biometrics

09-25-07 Received EAD

09-25-07 Received AP

09-25-07 Received NOA 2

11-19-07 Appointment for Initial Interview for AOS

11-19-07 Conditional Green Card Approved!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
I couldn't agree with you more Jomo. I read the comments made by about 3 women after she posted that and they were like Man I'm thinking about getting a divorce. My thought is: If you are contemplating getting a divorce based on what someone posted then you are the one who has missed it. You have to ask yourself whether or not you are really in love. LOVE is never UNSURE. For someone to seriously consider getting a divorce based on a thread, maybe there was never really LOVE at home. Marriage to me and my fiance is something that is really sacred and its going to take more than a thread to make us divorce. I believe thats why the divorce rates are so high. People's first instinct when they're married and things are going well is to DIVORCE. But marriage is about sacrafices and compromises. If you are not willing to subject yourself to that then you may want to rethink your position before you get into it. (Generally speaking, No one in particular).

If a person really believes deep down in their heart that their significant other is just using them for a green card and the love is not really there, then it may be a situation that is just not for the best. And its okay to admit that. I think we get wrapped up into the fairy tale thinking and miss the reality of it all. I personally believe that you have to see some benefits and rewards out of decision to make it most worth while and fulfilling.

I agree, that love is a gamble...to ever experience love you just have to play. I thought it was nice that there was no bashing, that everyone tried to, or it seemed that they were putting them selves in her shoes. I don't think they are really considering a divorce based on the posters post. Only realizing that the situation could possibly happen to them. The lady who posted that her husband would have a rude awaking at the airport...I couldn't stop laughing it thought it was so funny :lol:

I don't think anything about love is for sure, nothing about life is for sure for that matter, This process is full of uncertainty. This woman "loved" this man..but it didn't stop her from getting her heart broken. I'm greatfull that it sound like maybe she'll be abe to pick up her life and go on. Hopefully she will realize that love that is "certain" can only come from the man above :blush:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Tricia B @ Jul 21 2007, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm kind of in the same situation, i didn't want to tell my parents/family because i know the overall sentiment would be i'm making a mistake or being used, but i couldn't hide that he was living with me so they think he's here visiting and i've told them we plan to get married next year in ja (which we do) but of course we're already married.

Wow thats are plan exactly! Eventually, we will have our big wedding but we just want to get the logistics out of the way first.

AOS Package 2008

Sent RFE back 3/27

Biometrics 4/29

Received EAD card 5/10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In light of the recent interview assignments I know some of us will need it. I just cut and pasted from someone's earlier post :thumbs:

MoBay Hope Medical Centre

Half Moon Shopping Village

Rose Hall, Montego Bay

(876)953-3981

US$95 for adults

Andrews Memorial Hospital

27 Hope Road

Kingston 10

(876)926-7401-3

US$90 for adults

Dr. Michael Banbury

Medical Associates Hospital

18 Tangerine PI

St. James

Kingston 10

(876)908-2123

US$80 for adults

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.