Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey -- it happens. Happens everywhere.

I applaud their "openess" and willingness to discuss the issues that truly matter to them.

They air all their "dirty laundry" in that Forum and NOBODY ever gets bashed -- at least by their "own kind" -- it's when people come in from other Forums and start making judgements -- that it get's ugly....BUT....they seem to keep that to a minimum <<I have seen them stop replying on Threads when it gets heated>>

While they are very open and all there has been TONS of MENA conflict in the past. There used to be a lot more people that posted that don't post on VJ anymore because of all the ####### that used to happen in that forum. I remember a while back when a huge group of them left and started a yahoo group. You can tell because in the "Our Journey is over" thread you can see that some people came back and created new VJ names just to post to Jackie because of her situation.

I agree that it happens everywhere and in all cultures. I love how one of them said "men are men are men" and the lion analogy was spot on.

Very interesting discussion.

The only thing I can say about these kinds of discussions is that there are lessons to be learned. I don't mind a heated discussion as long as no one really starts to bash another. Some people get all upset as soon as anything negative is said and leave the thread or even the board. Those people, I always think, are fools.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey -- it happens. Happens everywhere.

I applaud their "openess" and willingness to discuss the issues that truly matter to them.

They air all their "dirty laundry" in that Forum and NOBODY ever gets bashed -- at least by their "own kind" -- it's when people come in from other Forums and start making judgements -- that it get's ugly....BUT....they seem to keep that to a minimum <<I have seen them stop replying on Threads when it gets heated>>

While they are very open and all there has been TONS of MENA conflict in the past. There used to be a lot more people that posted that don't post on VJ anymore because of all the ####### that used to happen in that forum. I remember a while back when a huge group of them left and started a yahoo group. You can tell because in the "Our Journey is over" thread you can see that some people came back and created new VJ names just to post to Jackie because of her situation.

I agree that it happens everywhere and in all cultures. I love how one of them said "men are men are men" and the lion analogy was spot on.

Very interesting discussion.

The only thing I can say about these kinds of discussions is that there are lessons to be learned. I don't mind a heated discussion as long as no one really starts to bash another. Some people get all upset as soon as anything negative is said and leave the thread or even the board. Those people, I always think, are fools.

I couldn't agree more :thumbs:

There is a HUGE difference between a personal attack and a difference of opinion. People just don't seem to get that.

Some people get all upset as soon as anything negative is said and leave the thread or even the board. Those people, I always think, are fools.

Hey, you talkin' about me???? :o: :lol::rolleyes:

There is a HUGE difference between a personal attack and a difference of opinion. People just don't seem to get that.

You are so right (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Some people get all upset as soon as anything negative is said and leave the thread or even the board. Those people, I always think, are fools.

:lol: :lol: I only left cause hubby knows anyone can read this board but I still lurk around. :luv: I'm not a fool just have a very internet savvy husband. :P

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

:lol: :lol: I only left cause hubby knows anyone can read this board but I still lurk around. :luv: I'm not a fool just have a very internet savvy husband. :P

Not bashing you, B. Nor anyone else on here. Just a general statement. I didn't really have anyone in particular in mind.

You know what I mean, though. There are people on a few forums I am on who I picture literally stomp out of the room when something negative is said. If it is taken personal by then, then they made it so. Then, they need to look hard at their own mindset and relationship(s). I read all this stuff and it just floats right on by me. Do I learn things to look for? Of course, I do. Do I see them? No. But, it never hurts to have information. It may not benefit me;but maybe one day, I can pass it on to another. I just don't see the point of burying my head in the sand.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

i agree completely, what's the purpose if u cannot make a honest remark (w/o) bashing and it just be left at that. Instead things get personal and goes down hill from. I agree Jomo these r all lessons to be learned. Never u think that ur untouchable and things WILL always go right with u. We r all human and should be treated as such.

I also read that thread and was like wow ! I totally agree with most what was posted I had co-workers that were just like that, they flirt with every woman on earth. But, guess who they walk down the street with...their own. So, everyones experience is different and not all people are the same even if they come from the same culture. I know alot of Jamaican woman who will not date their own and visa versa. It is what it is. LIFE !

Question....why can't they just give the visa at the appointment? What is the purpose of sending it via courier? Any words?

same ting mi seh, they do that to earn a little more money..they gotta squeeze everything outta u...

I think that's what happen on this forum at one time. I remember when I first joined people were talking about they were leaving. I never went far back to see why. But I'm still here.

like Jomo say..u gotta read and if it doesn't concern you move on..I'm still here too..And have gotten alot of useful information from everyone here.

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Question....why can't they just give the visa at the appointment? What is the purpose of sending it via courier? Any words?

Oh, honey.......do you not know the way things work in Jamaica by now? Soon come!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

So now my parents what to come visit me...after living in my house for 1.5 years....THE SAME WEEK AS THE INTERVIEW......AWHHHHH. So now I have to break it down to my mom. My fiance and I said that we didn't want to get anyones hopes up so we are keeping the process a secret as much as possible. His family and my family knows that we are filing...but don't know the particulars. It's stressful enough for us and to have them asking about each step.... :wacko::wacko::bonk: Would drive us crazy. So I'll have the conversation with my mom tonight. :whistle:-_-

Oh, honey.......do you not know the way things work in Jamaica by now? Soon come!!!!

That's so funny :lol::yes:

Everything is me soon come.....lol.

Timeline

They have to put a special item in their passport. My husband has his stamp in there with his picture a big number and it says CR1 visa and how long it is good for. So this is why it takes a little while. They have to print it on your SO passport.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol:

Or as Andre's grandma loves to say..."now mi girl, yuh know dem tings gonna come inna da Lord's timing" :) Yes grandma mi know :yes:

Timeline
:ot:

I remember sometime ago someone mention a VOIP w/unlimited calls from to and from JA. I already looked into Vonage but I could have swore it was Cable & Wireless. Well I've been trying to search and came up w/nothing. Basically I'm looking for a service to get that plus a JA # if possible ASAP!!! Any suggestions???

It's called Netspeak (www.netspeak.com) and it's through C&W...My dad has it in Jamaica and he has a local florida number. I know that they have a local office here in Florida: http://www.netspeakflorida.com/

I was looking into that but Javon doesn't have internet service at home. He's looking into how much the internet cost down there but I personally don't think it's worth it.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
NOPE because "I" am not paying for it and he won't buck up the money. I have done my part and have had the loads of paperwork filled out for forever. I'm not worried and don't care anymore, because at this point....if we do go through it and he gets denied, whatever....say la ve....if he were to get approved, we'll most likely be heading for divorce. Everyday is something different. One day great, 2 days horrible. It goes back and forth. Worse than the stock market. I have to go through most of this laughing cause if I didn't.....shoot, I would have LOST IT a looooooong time ago.

I just live my life the best way I can and know how to. My son, thankfully, hasn't been home much this summer staying at my parents and friends and then is off to the Outer Banks tonight for 8 days with another friend. So there's MUCH needed alone time.....for me, at least and "I" am absolutely loving it !!! Cause being a single parent (all of my sons life) "I" never ever ever get down and/or alone time.

I have friends coming in this weekend and I'm very much looking forward to it....hitting the Reggae Wine Festival tomorrow, Jahworks (reggae band) tomorrow night and Artscape on Sunday. The weather is going to be gorgeous !!!Craig said he's not going..........whatever, don't care. He can wallow away in his own misery, I don't let his negative ####### get to me ever !!! Neither will my friends :no:

So, so far.....that I know, we are the only ones to have waited this long on the Yardie thread. I've done a TON of research on the VJ site and since there's "no deadline"......??

Have a GREAT weekend everyone !!!

:dance:

Don`t blame you!! Wonderful you are staying positive!!

I also agree. Life is too short!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In regards to phone service/netspeak, I heard about a service called mega phone (i believe it's a cell phone) and you pay a flat fee (1,200 ja?) and you can make unlimited calls to the us

:ot:

I remember sometime ago someone mention a VOIP w/unlimited calls from to and from JA. I already looked into Vonage but I could have swore it was Cable & Wireless. Well I've been trying to search and came up w/nothing. Basically I'm looking for a service to get that plus a JA # if possible ASAP!!! Any suggestions???

It's called Netspeak (www.netspeak.com) and it's through C&W...My dad has it in Jamaica and he has a local florida number. I know that they have a local office here in Florida: http://www.netspeakflorida.com/

I was looking into that but Javon doesn't have internet service at home. He's looking into how much the internet cost down there but I personally don't think it's worth it.

03-31-06 Filed K-1 papers

04-13-06 received NOA 1

09-24-06 k-1 approved, yeah!

10-02-06 NVC letter received/Papers sent to Kingston/Interview packet sent to fiance

10-24-06 Interview packet returned to Kingston by postal service/Had to request them to resend

10-31-06 Received resent packetand immediately sent DS-230 Part I so he could get interview date

01-09-07 Received appointment letter, two days before interview! (JA mail sucks)

01-11-07 Couldn't get us down, made it to the interview anyway, half prepared, given a letter to return

04-17-07 Finally given another interview date after 2 months of emailing/begging, visa approved, yeah!

05-03-07 Got K-1 Visa in hand (was only suppose to take 4-5 days for delivery,actually took 12)

05-11-07 Imagine girl running down beach towards guy to welcome him into her arms with a

passionate kiss, only it's the airport. He's arrives on Friday!

06-21-07 Our wedding date! It's a civil ceremony, but I'm excited nonetheless

07-12-07 Mailed AOS application/form (wish me luck)

07-25-07 Checks cashed by DHS

07-28-07 Received NOA 1

08-23-07 Biometrics Appt (have to reschedule out of town)

08-31-07 Rescheduled Biometrics

09-25-07 Received EAD

09-25-07 Received AP

09-25-07 Received NOA 2

11-19-07 Appointment for Initial Interview for AOS

11-19-07 Conditional Green Card Approved!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.