Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh my jengles, that CO tried really hard to deny him. and i'm amazed that you pushed a baby out in 7 minutes. wow!

can someone who recently went through the medical please explain what all was done?

Hope this helps

They take blood, asked all the questions on the medical history form, ask about immunization records, if he has had chicken pox make sure he tells them. they did xrays, oral exam, check the eye ..not much at all..he got there for 7:30 and he left by 11:30..and u know most of that was waiting

Of note....I forgot Andre saw a lady doctor. He was not happy when she made him stand completely naked in front of her for some of the exam.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh my jengles, that CO tried really hard to deny him. and i'm amazed that you pushed a baby out in 7 minutes. wow!

can someone who recently went through the medical please explain what all was done?

Hope this helps

They take blood, asked all the questions on the medical history form, ask about immunization records, if he has had chicken pox make sure he tells them. they did xrays, oral exam, check the eye ..not much at all..he got there for 7:30 and he left by 11:30..and u know most of that was waiting

Of note....I forgot Andre saw a lady doctor. He was not happy when she made him stand completely naked in front of her for some of the exam.

HAhhaaaa...lawd she neva affi mek him strip...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The baby was 7lbs 10 ozs and 19 1/2 inches long and came out from 7 minutes of pushing, (the doctor threatned to cut me) that was great incentive to push. baby girl is very quiet not at all like her brother.

This gives me hope!! How long were you in labor? I'm terrified of the whole labor/delivery part of it. :dead:

I was in labor from Sunday, but didn't know it, all I knew was that she kept moving and every time she moved i was in pain, one of my friends told me i was in labor but I'm like yeah right, anyway I went to the hospital at 6am. and she was born at 1:52pm

That was quick..with my daughter i was in labor from wednesday night and i just kept feeling this uncomfortable pain and i blew it off. Spoke to my husband that night and went to bed..girl let me tell you that bed did not see me...couldn't sit, sleep, forget walk...called my doc..she said head to the hospital, mind u i wasn't even 35 wks yet...they put me on meds to stop the labor, yeah righ tshe was ready and thats that. they gave up and i had her Friday at 11:32 am....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

If anyone is bored today go read this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79023

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

I don't know if all she says is true; but I have read some books on middle eastern men and I do believe some of what she said is true.

I've heard the nearly EXACT same thing said about Jamaican men. People are people and I believe each is unique and should be treated as such. You cannot believe everything you hear, nor treat anyone in particular as such unless they do something that makes you doubt them.

Her story is truly said and I feel sorry for her.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

I believe a lot of what she is saying is true. A lot. I love that Forum....they don't hold back one bit!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline
I believe a lot of what she is saying is true. A lot. I love that Forum....they don't hold back one bit!!

I love that they don't really bash each other. Seems whenever I am somewhere talking about a Jamaican, I end up getting bashed for having any sort of negative opinion. Hate that!

I don't think it ever hurts to heed other's warnings. May not happen to me; but I still listen. Complete stupidity not to.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Hey -- it happens. Happens everywhere.

I applaud their "openess" and willingness to discuss the issues that truly matter to them.

They air all their "dirty laundry" in that Forum and NOBODY ever gets bashed -- at least by their "own kind" -- it's when people come in from other Forums and start making judgements -- that it get's ugly....BUT....they seem to keep that to a minimum <<I have seen them stop replying on Threads when it gets heated>>

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

I don't know if all she says is true; but I have read some books on middle eastern men and I do believe some of what she said is true.

I've heard the nearly EXACT same thing said about Jamaican men. People are people and I believe each is unique and should be treated as such. You cannot believe everything you hear, nor treat anyone in particular as such unless they do something that makes you doubt them.

Jomo....Well said. Everyone situation is so different. And if she had such a problem with the culture why would she put herself in that situation again. I don't get it.

Timeline

Jomo....Well said. Everyone situation is so different. And if she had such a problem with the culture why would she put herself in that situation again. I don't get it.

Cause we women are fools for love. Who doesn't want the "Pretty Woman" or "Cinderella" story? I know I do. And, there is something romantic about the foreign man. Plus, we are the ultimate optimists......we WANT to believe in the good of people. (sigh!)

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

There have been women on this Thread who got "burned" by a Jamaican in the past -- and went back for another one -- AND -- got burned again!! I guess sometimes you just can't help yourself.

Me -- I would take a Jamaican any day over an American. And if I had a bad experience I don't know that I can say that I wouldn't ever think about a Jamaican man again....

Cause we women are fools for love. Who doesn't want the "Pretty Woman" or "Cinderella" story? I know I do. And, there is something romantic about the foreign man. Plus, we are the ultimate optimists......we WANT to believe in the good of people. (sigh!)

Amen Sister!! I second that!!! :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

There have been women on this Thread who got "burned" by a Jamaican in the past -- and went back for another one -- AND -- got burned again!! I guess sometimes you just can't help yourself.

Me -- I would take a Jamaican any day over an American. And if I had a bad experience I don't know that I can say that I wouldn't ever think about a Jamaican man again....

Amen Sister!! I second that!!! :dance:

Is this thread from the MENA forum?

Yeah!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey -- it happens. Happens everywhere.

I applaud their "openess" and willingness to discuss the issues that truly matter to them.

They air all their "dirty laundry" in that Forum and NOBODY ever gets bashed -- at least by their "own kind" -- it's when people come in from other Forums and start making judgements -- that it get's ugly....BUT....they seem to keep that to a minimum <<I have seen them stop replying on Threads when it gets heated>>

While they are very open and all there has been TONS of MENA conflict in the past. There used to be a lot more people that posted that don't post on VJ anymore because of all the ####### that used to happen in that forum. I remember a while back when a huge group of them left and started a yahoo group. You can tell because in the "Our Journey is over" thread you can see that some people came back and created new VJ names just to post to Jackie because of her situation.

I agree that it happens everywhere and in all cultures. I love how one of them said "men are men are men" and the lion analogy was spot on.

Very interesting discussion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.