Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Guys I think I'm having panic attacks :)...with this interview coming up..the whole thought of being denied b/c of smoking is killing me only cause it's in my head that he can be denied..I don't know what I'm saying right now :wacko: but it's in Gods hands right about :)...So kimmy stop the panic...yeah I often talk to myself ..hhehheee:)

Smoking? Did it come up on medical?

If not, tell him to keep his mouth shut!

We don't know yet..interview is 7/31....i told him..not even to mention it to the mad man pon di street..he was asked and he said NEVER...

Guys I think I'm having panic attacks :)...with this interview coming up..the whole thought of being denied b/c of smoking is killing me only cause it's in my head that he can be denied..I don't know what I'm saying right now :wacko: but it's in Gods hands right about :)...So kimmy stop the panic...yeah I often talk to myself ..hhehheee:)

Don't worry yourself. RELAX....

Girl I'm trying...REALLY !! :)

Hi!

Has anyone heard from Finesse about getting their visa? Just curious.

The last time i spoke to her she said they're waiting on a date from the medical

the embassy that should say..:) see losing my mind

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
I HAVE A ? WHEN U SEND IN UR PHONE BILL DO U HIGHLIGHT ALL OF UR CALL

I didn't because it was too many calls to highlight.

THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING THATS TO MANY CALL TO BE HIGHLIGHING

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

I'm sure they will get the point.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Smoking? Did it come up on medical?

If not, tell him to keep his mouth shut!

We don't know yet..interview is 7/31....i told him..not even to mention it to the mad man pon di street..he was asked and he said NEVER...

Don't worry yourself. RELAX....

Girl I'm trying...REALLY !! :)

Hi!

Has anyone heard from Finesse about getting their visa? Just curious.

The last time i spoke to her she said they're waiting on a date from the medical

When Andre's sister was caught (smoked on the way to the medical), they told her right away.

I didn't either. It would've been easier to highlight the ones that weren't to/from Jamaica.

And, at the end, they were all through 3Utelecom which was me calling an 800 number and then punching in his JA number when prompted. So all that showed up was a WHOLE BUNCH of calls to the same 800 number. They never questioned.

Edited by Jomo's girl

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Maybe I am getting my people mixed up but isn't Finesse the one who got a 221g because they wanted her to come down to the embassy in person? Just wondering if she had gotten ahold of them and sorted any of it out. If it isn't finesse, what was the name?

Howdy folks.

I finished my test, didn't do as well as I had hoped to but at least there will be extra credit points to apply to it towards the end which will boost me up to a B on the test. *shrug* Other than that I am just trying to get all of the paperwork together for Marlon's interview and hopefully send it off Friday. I am still waiting to hear back from some people about a buddy pass. Please keep your fingers crossed for and/or say a prayer as that will be the ONLY way I will be able to go to Jamaica and attend the interview. Or we can start a "Send Sarah to Marlon's interview campaign" here in VJ! lol J/k I am remaining hopeful about going! :thumbs:

Today is not a good day :angry: The buddy pass idea went kaput and there is no way I can afford a plane ticket so Marlon will be on his own. I guess I will just type up a letter explaining my absence and hopefully that will suffice. I am 100% positive that Marlon can handle himself perfectly during the interview. First I bomb the test then no buddy pass. I just want to bury myself under a rock right now. Hope everyone else is having a better day! :crying:

Timeline
So are these charter flight out of DC/Baltimore?

There are only charters from BWI to Cancun, Punta Cana, Bermuda, Ft Myers and La Romana. Air Jamaica is the only nonstop flight, but 80% of the time they are more expensive than their competitors. Everytime I see a deal on another airline, I contact my Air Jamaica rep and it "matches" the other airlines within a day or 2. Sucks that "I" am the one keeping an eye out for them !! I fly whoever is the cheapest, I racked up so many frequent flyer miles on US Airways in the past couple of years !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

dang sarah i was hoping you'd find a way to get to the interview. marlon does sound very confident, so things should go well for you guys.

it's a good thing that your professor offers extra credit. that class sounds like it's brutal!

Timeline

I'm sure they will get the point.

i use verizon and i was able to view my calls online. so all i had to do was download that month's calls to excel and then i could filter out all the calls so that only the 876 ones showed. then i printed them off. i bet it doesn't matter if they're highlighted though.

Timeline

Hello everyone! I haven't been on here in a while...sorry for those I've left in suspense.

Well here is what has been happening...this is really becoming comical but we are remaining in good spirits. We waited a while to send the blue slip back because I was trying to figure some things out (when i could get off work, someone to watch my son, etc..). So I decided that I could come to the interview if it is the last week of August (which is what my SO put on the blue slip and faxed it back early last week). I get an email from the embassy this past Friday at 4pm stating our interview is July 17 at 1:30pm (TODAY...oh ######!). So of course there is no way for me to get there in time and I had to wait til yesterday to get through to the embassy to reschedule since they emailed me so late in the day on friday. I tried all day yesterday calling and emailing and didn't get anywhere. So last night we were kind of in panic mode like what the hell do we do...either fiance goes to the interview again alone or we basically no show. So we decide to have fiance go alone and at least try to explain the situation and get another date. Anyway, fiance goes in there and is able to go directly to the 3rd window (where the actual interview takes place) and gets the same exact person that interviewed him last time. The first thing she says is where is your fiance? So he goes on to explain the story and shows her some more proof (she was a little nicer this time)...some more photos, phone bills, etc....and she said "ok, i've seen enough papers and photos, now i just need to see your girl...please bring her here and there will be no more trouble for you" and she gives him another blue slip....and she writes on it 'fiance to attend' and then gives him a new date August 30!!! This is too funny! Here we go again!

Timeline
Hello everyone! I haven't been on here in a while...sorry for those I've left in suspense.

Well here is what has been happening...this is really becoming comical but we are remaining in good spirits. We waited a while to send the blue slip back because I was trying to figure some things out (when i could get off work, someone to watch my son, etc..). So I decided that I could come to the interview if it is the last week of August (which is what my SO put on the blue slip and faxed it back early last week). I get an email from the embassy this past Friday at 4pm stating our interview is July 17 at 1:30pm (TODAY...oh ######!). So of course there is no way for me to get there in time and I had to wait til yesterday to get through to the embassy to reschedule since they emailed me so late in the day on friday. I tried all day yesterday calling and emailing and didn't get anywhere. So last night we were kind of in panic mode like what the hell do we do...either fiance goes to the interview again alone or we basically no show. So we decide to have fiance go alone and at least try to explain the situation and get another date. Anyway, fiance goes in there and is able to go directly to the 3rd window (where the actual interview takes place) and gets the same exact person that interviewed him last time. The first thing she says is where is your fiance? So he goes on to explain the story and shows her some more proof (she was a little nicer this time)...some more photos, phone bills, etc....and she said "ok, i've seen enough papers and photos, now i just need to see your girl...please bring her here and there will be no more trouble for you" and she gives him another blue slip....and she writes on it 'fiance to attend' and then gives him a new date August 30!!! This is too funny! Here we go again!

Why am up at this time? Maybe because I am stuck in a hotel for two weeks due to a job training......the worst feeling. I realized nothing feels like your own bed!!

they are so A$$ backwards down there! I mean if they would get the communication piece together they wouldn't be going through a lot of the same Sh#t. That could have been communicated through email and the more suitable date could have been arranged before he went all the way the heck up there. I am so pissed about their process it sickens me sometime. I just know that there are so many more efficient ways to handle this filing paper process and they don't take the time to be more effective. They put so much time into being hard on some people when its truely not even necessary. They need to channel some of that energy into progression in a timely manner. Hang in there you will be fine. Its just ashame that you have to jump through so many hurdles to get to the end

SHONNIE

Edited by 12/11/2006

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

We are offical Green Card HOLDERS!!!!! :whistle::angry::dance:

Congrats!! It's about time!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

so i guess my question is has anyone gotten an approval using phone records and pictures and not snail mail?

Yes. :yes: We had NO written letters to each other at all. No problem.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.